H-Hour World's Elite / SUCCESS! NOW ON TO STRETCH GOALS :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts
when and what day it's coming out.. ??!!Dogswithguns
If they haven't funded it yet, I'm sure it'll be at least a year before dev can be completed.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#202 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Beta releases in about 12 months. Full game in 18. For SOCOM fans... this is JUST FINE since it is taking us back to the time we loved the franchise and gameplay. I have faith they are going to get this right. Other games will fill the void until then. However, with access to the private forums for pledging and weekly updates I am sure the time will go by quickly.

Also David said those times are MAX estimates and will likely be pulled in. We are likely to go over the mark sometime tomorrow... every penny over $200,000 will make dev. time much faster...

They have talked about the possibilit of Demo testing on the PC as well. but that is still up in the air and unlikely... however it could happen... 5-6 months.

Avatar image for elementsofdeath
elementsofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 elementsofdeath
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
http://n4g.com/news/1295462/first-h-hour-video-released/pen
elementsofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 elementsofdeath
Did you see the baby balloon in the video lol: http://n4g.com/news/1295462/first-h-hour-video-released/pen
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 WitIsWisdom

[QUOTE="elementsofdeath"]Did you see the baby balloon in the video lol: http://n4g.com/news/1295462/first-h-hour-video-released/pen[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it translates to "baby head" lol?

Somehting to do with baby face masks the terrorists wear.. meaning that this factory is taken over, or they raid the supplies? I'm not sure..

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 WitIsWisdom

For anyone interested we are about to break the $200,000 barrier and make the minimum pledge a reality!

Come pledge your $15 now for a digital download of the full retail game!!! After the Kickstarter ends, the price will forever go up!

Join us to watch the number go over $200,000!

IshanIT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 IshanIT
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hey people, we just published an interview with David. I hope you like it!

P.S.: you may want to add it to the OP

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/07/02/h-hour-worlds-elite-interview

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 WitIsWisdom

Hey people, we just published an interview with David. I hope you like it!

P.S.: you may want to add it to the OP

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/07/02/h-hour-worlds-elite-interview

IshanIT

Yep I'm on it :)

elementsofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 elementsofdeath
Updated link for those without n4g accounts: http://n4g.com/news/1295462/first-h-hour-gameplay-level-video-released
C_A_G_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 C_A_G_E
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

Anyone that is interested in seeing a different kind of shooter acually be made should pledge. The big plus about this game is there is no mass market publisher to go in a nix features or gameplay that does not fit their copy COD agenda. 

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 WitIsWisdom

Pledges are now over $198k it is going to pass the mark at ANY time... join the countdown by clicking the link on my sig.

elementsofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 elementsofdeath
G^ H-Hour Fully Funded!!! Demo in 5mos! http://n4g.com/news/1294986/h-hour-socom-remake-on-ps4-fully-funded-mp-demo-in-5-months/pen
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 WitIsWisdom

Congratulations everybody :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0/posts/527950

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 WitIsWisdom

Check this out

Timeline

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

I'm moderately surprised it took so long to get to the bare minimum amount of backing to get the project going.

Guess you're making a better job at PR than the company is, TC.

elementsofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 elementsofdeath
Updated for people without N4G accounts: N4g Article: G^ H-Hour Fully Funded!!! Demo in 5mos! http://n4g.com/news/1294986/h-hour-socom-remake-on-ps4-fully-funded-mp-demo-in-5-months
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 WitIsWisdom

I'm moderately surprised it took so long to get to the bare minimum amount of backing to get the project going.

Guess you're making a better job at PR than the company is, TC.

N30F3N1X

They started with a $0 advertising budget. They completely depended upon the community and collectively we hit the goal :)

Things are not over yet.

Even if people like Element or I only brought in a couple hundred/thousand each, it is all the people in the SOCOM community that made this happen.. That is why SOF studios has such a killer tier system and exclusive kickstarter only rewards.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 WitIsWisdom

Since hitting the minimum goal another $2,000 has already been pledged with plenty of time to hit $250-$300k

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#219 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Didn't think it would ever make it. It's been a long time since I've been so happy about being wrong.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

So is this going to be like SOCOM on PS2 or that garbage SOCOM 4 style?

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
^^ It's going to be a Socom game made by Socom fanboys. It will play like the PS2 games.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
And if a publisher doesn't pick it up? Will everyone have just wasted money on a demo that leads to nowhere?
killerzboxzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 killerzboxzone
Member since 2012 • 109 Posts
And if a publisher doesn't pick it up? Will everyone have just wasted money on a demo that leads to nowhere?RR360DD
Self publishing..
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 WitIsWisdom

So is this going to be like SOCOM on PS2 or that garbage SOCOM 4 style?

Obviously_Right

This game is a successor to SOCOM 1 and 2 :)

NOTHING like SOCOM 4

Most of the features are voted on by the backers, and 95% of us are all oldschool PS2 SOCOM fans that have been waiting for a great SOCOM game since SOCOM 2.

Any features NOT in the first two games will have to win by popular demand on the SOF studios forums that ONLY private backers can participate in. Don't worry all of us able to particiapte have this on LOCK.

Everything I listed and all the links are CONFIRMED. This is what we have been waiting for :)

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 WitIsWisdom

And if a publisher doesn't pick it up? Will everyone have just wasted money on a demo that leads to nowhere?RR360DD

Like killerz said, they are self publishing. They already have SEVERAL interested people with the kind of funding they need though. David already said that this game WILL happen even if it takes longer than expected to find one or two to drop the required cash. Then he said that he can not exactly guarantee it, but he has already been approached by several potential backers that are not interested in owning the IP or changing features. The people working on this title have sold MILLIONS of games, and the kickstarter not ONLY shows community interest in this style of gameplay, but ALSO shows investors that people are ready to buy this game! It;s a win, win situation. About the only thing that may change a little is the title just like Takedown.

At this point, I am not even worried. It will just be VERY hard waiting for the demo, then the private beta, beta, and game. :)

By the way, total pledges are now about to hit $220,000 :) Takedown was picked up, and it reached $221,000 total. H-Hour is going to blow right past that mark, probably within the next hour or two.

Then the game still has more than 2 full days to get even more. Remember that Takedown took in the majority of its money in the final 3 days... so there is a chance that H-Hour might have some big money thrown at it sometime today or in the last two days. This being the Fourth of July... well, I'm not sure how it will do. All that is basically guaranteed is that it will do BETTER than Takedown, which I fully expected.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 WitIsWisdom

Pledges are over $223,000 with plenty of time still left to get into the action :) Already more than Takedown made.

Get atleast $15 in now in order to get the digital cpy of the game. If you don't act now, then if you want the game you will have to pay retail price! Only 3 days left... get i hile you can.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 WitIsWisdom

David PM'd me saying that pledges can continue to be made on SOF studios website for a lot of the tiers.. however, the kickstarter only bonuses end in 3 days!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 WitIsWisdom

Over $236,000 with about 17 hours left until the end of the kickstarter :)

I am happy to have heard things will carry over to SOF forums and a paypal account will be open for further donations.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 WitIsWisdom

Final Kickstarter pledge = $252,662

now the pledging continues for ANOTHER month at SOF studios website and forums. It will be posted in a couple days :)

here is the link to the site.

http://sofstudios.com/index.php?/page/index.html

This project ALREADY hit a stretch goal befor time in the kickstarter ran out :cool: and now the tiers continue for another month. You can add to your pledge or even NW PLEDGE and still get all the extra bonus items!

elementsofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 elementsofdeath
H-Hour: 30days to Get Pre-Order Bonuses Available to KS Backers For the next 30days SOFStudios, the developers behind H-Hour (the spiritual SOCOM II successor), will offer the same "donation" / pre-order bonuses that were available to KickStater backers to everyone via PayPal. http://n4g.com/news/1308075/h-hour-30days-to-get-pre-order-bonuses-available-to-ks-backers
GRAW2ROBZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 GRAW2ROBZ
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

They should of included Xbox one as well. Reason why not many backers donating. Remember 360 was out before ps3. Tons of Socom players moved onto 360 to play GRAW and Rainbow Six Vegas. Seems just like yesterday "boom headshot". I still remember killing all 8 on Abandoned. I been there since Socom 1. Socom 1 central 5. I had 5 full rosters on Socom 1. I was top 100 player. I put in about 6 to 8 hours a day in Socom 1 after work. Didnt get much sleep back then. Heck I even know "Odd Job". He was part owner with Polira on socombattles before it was switch to gamebattles. Then odd job sold his share then polira became a sell out and turned it into MLG. I even sold my ps3 once Confrontation was a dud.

Figured no need to have a ps3 when I already had 360. Also wasnt a fan of Sony's other exclusive kill zone. I hated that game on ps2. Think its a mistake not having Xbox one there as well. That would of been more money. Guess David just being loyal to Sony. Heck I hated when we were promised map packs back in Socom 3 then so many delays. Then they decided to make Combined assault instead. People were so ticked off. I remember they ended up giving us that last map pack free at the end. I would of donated but not a fan of Sony any more and I hate the little kiddie controller. Now if they showed Xbox one right away I would of donated a few hundred dollars already. Oh well guess their not going all in.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 WitIsWisdom

New information is coming all the time at the SOF studio forums!

I am pleased to announce that I am now an official SOF moderator as well :)

http://www.sofstudios.com/index.php?/page/index.html

There are still 7 days left to donate through Paypal.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Socom 2 was alright, definitely the best PS2 shooter, but there were better multiplayer games during its time.

I'll keep my eye on it since it will be on PC. That could potentially go a really far way in improving the experience.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 WitIsWisdom

Socom 2 was alright, definitely the best PS2 shooter, but there were better multiplayer games during its time.

I'll keep my eye on it since it will be on PC. That could potentially go a really far way in improving the experience.

Ly_the_Fairy

Yeah, it is shaing up pretty nicely. The forms are up and booming, and the private forums are just getting underway within the next few days.

The fact that it is going to be on PC dfinately only helps its chances at being a big success and having much more support. It has already been confirmed that although there won't be a map editor (at least not initially) that making custom maps for the game is ok.

A lot of information is coming very soon, so I will keep you updated.

PaulDPearl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 PaulDPearl
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Ly_the_Fairy
Were there better multiplayer games at the time for PS2? (besides SOCOM 1 which was better than SOCOM II).

They should of included Xbox one as well. Reason why not many backers donating. Remember 360 was out before ps3. Tons of Socom players moved onto 360 to play GRAW and Rainbow Six Vegas. Seems just like yesterday "boom headshot". I still remember killing all 8 on Abandoned. I been there since Socom 1. Socom 1 central 5. I had 5 full rosters on Socom 1. I was top 100 player. I put in about 6 to 8 hours a day in Socom 1 after work. Didnt get much sleep back then. Heck I even know "Odd Job". He was part owner with Polira on socombattles before it was switch to gamebattles. Then odd job sold his share then polira became a sell out and turned it into MLG. I even sold my ps3 once Confrontation was a dud.

Figured no need to have a ps3 when I already had 360. Also wasnt a fan of Sony's other exclusive kill zone. I hated that game on ps2. Think its a mistake not having Xbox one there as well. That would of been more money. Guess David just being loyal to Sony. Heck I hated when we were promised map packs back in Socom 3 then so many delays. Then they decided to make Combined assault instead. People were so ticked off. I remember they ended up giving us that last map pack free at the end. I would of donated but not a fan of Sony any more and I hate the little kiddie controller. Now if they showed Xbox one right away I would of donated a few hundred dollars already. Oh well guess their not going all in.

GRAW2ROBZ
It's being made for PC first. There's no reason why it wouldn't be possible to port it to XBOX. Don't hold your breath on the cross platform game play though...