Heres the Biggest Reason Not To Get a PS4 (Link)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-won-t-refund-ps4-user-who-lost-600-from-hack/1100-6425885/?ftag=YHR28b9ce3

That could've been any one of us, any one of us could've been hacked and lost $600 and Sony, who not only isn't refunding the entire $600, and who is not only refunding a mere $150 in PSN credit and not cash to the account, but also said if he presses the issue with the bank his account will be banned, but he still can't use the account for 6 months anyway, so what the heck is the point?

Sony has gotten way too full of themselves way too fast for my liking, and I for one am glad I went with Xbox One instead, because if this is the way Sony takes care of their customers, they can shove that PS4 right up the ol' kazoo.

This poor guy's only hope now is that the media makes such an issue of this, that Sony fears too much bad press, and refunds him the money, otherwise he's screwed. What a shame, Sony went from being humbled prior to the announcement of PS4, to being cocky jerks after it nears 20-million units sold.....friggin' typical.

You suck Sony.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

This just in.

Companies are scum.

More at 11.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Bloodborne disagrees.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

Thats just one game though.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Slimmin360

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

LOL You guy's are toting this Bloodborne to the hills way before reviews are in on this game, better not set yourself up for another " The Order 1886 " let down because that would be pretty sad.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, and Ori and the blind forest disagree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

old news. been there done that.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Funny how cows think 1 game is enough to justify the purchase of a console.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

@kingtito: sometimes thats all it takes

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

bro, this is soooo last week. The thing blew up on reddit and Sony were forced to step in and I think they are gonna refund him. But not because Sony wants to do the right thing but because they were forced to do so from a PR standpoint.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Nice spread of misinformation. This user had his issue resolved. That GameSpot article is misleading and needs to be updated.

Update 5 - RESOLVED:

I received a call from an Escalation Analyst at Sony today! He let me know that they had performed an investigation regarding my account, and concluded that my credentials had become compromised. The IP was traced to somewhere in Europe (he didn't specify). He let me know that Sony would make sure that my account was taken care of. He also assured me that the Sony HQ had been made aware of my situation, and that they'll be examining the details to see if there ought to be a change to their policies.

I'm glad to have my situation resolved, but I'm more glad to see the positive outcomes that have come as a result of this blowing up. I've received many messages from Redditors who have become aware of and/or donated to the charities listed below, and many more from users taking extra precautions to protect their accounts. I think all gamers benefit when the game company giants are competing, and while my situation was unfortunate, I don't think Sony is malicious or evil. They're a big company with millions of customers and employees, and sometimes things fall through the cracks.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

There was already a thread about this.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#13 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I was thinking you were just going to show the game lineup. That would have been enough. And I don't think Sony wanted to refund him initially because they probably couldnt... afford... it.........

Yeah.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

So what was the "hack"? I love it when people claim that they have been hacked when they use "1234" as password.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, and Ori and the blind forest disagree.

I lol'd. No need to rub it in lems faces.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

D'oh, I already have 2!

This happened to me, though only for $100.

I have an obligation to mitigate future damages by informing my credit card company of any fraudulent activities - who reversed the charges. Sony didn't like that so they banned my account. I rattled their cage and they reinstated it. Still very douchey.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Slimmin360

@Gue1 said:

bro, this is soooo last week. The thing blew up on reddit and Sony were forced to step in and I think they are gonna refund him. But not because Sony wants to do the right thing but because they were forced to do so from a PR standpoint.

Didn't first hear about it til' yesterday, then I found this GS article today, sorry if it's old news but it's still makes the point i'm trying to make, which is Sony no longer gives a rats ass about it's customers.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Lol, that's the risk of having your credit card always online, and i think is something everyone has to deal everyday, wether it is on PSN, or Amazon and honestly is not a reason to not buy a product.

Anyway for me, the biggest reason to not get a PS4 is the price, is too damn expensive and the library does not justify the console, as of now i'm only kind of interested on Infamous SS and of course Bloodborne, but that's about it, with all that a PC seems to be the way to go this gen.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

LOL You guy's are toting this Bloodborne to the hills way before reviews are in on this game, better not set yourself up for another " The Order 1886 " let down because that would be pretty sad.

And you have a huge lady boner for your POS Alienware that you paid too much for. Way sadder.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The sad part is that this had to hit big in the media to pressure Sony in refunding the victim. This will happen again, it probably happen all the time and not get resolved because it isn't in media.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

Thats just one game though.

One game to rule them all.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

Nice spread of misinformation. This user had his issue resolved. That GameSpot article is misleading and needs to be updated.

Update 5 - RESOLVED:

I received a call from an Escalation Analyst at Sony today! He let me know that they had performed an investigation regarding my account, and concluded that my credentials had become compromised. The IP was traced to somewhere in Europe (he didn't specify). He let me know that Sony would make sure that my account was taken care of. He also assured me that the Sony HQ had been made aware of my situation, and that they'll be examining the details to see if there ought to be a change to their policies.

I'm glad to have my situation resolved, but I'm more glad to see the positive outcomes that have come as a result of this blowing up. I've received many messages from Redditors who have become aware of and/or donated to the charities listed below, and many more from users taking extra precautions to protect their accounts. I think all gamers benefit when the game company giants are competing, and while my situation was unfortunate, I don't think Sony is malicious or evil. They're a big company with millions of customers and employees, and sometimes things fall through the cracks.

So sony admitted that they got hacked or at minimum a CSR released his info to someone who wasn't him? thats sounds even worse, but i'm glad they did the right thing by him

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Slimmin360

@clone01 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

And you have a huge lady boner for your POS Alienware that you paid too much for. Way sadder.

Just in case you haven't been keeping track, I returned the over priced, over hyped Alienware Alpha, but it wasn't because of the hardware itself, it was for the piece of crap service that is Steam, not to mention their utter lack of customer service.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@clone01 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

Just in case you haven't been keeping track, I returned the over priced, over hyped Alienware Alpha, but it wasn't because of the hardware itself, it was for the piece of crap service that is Steam, not to mention their utter lack of customer service.

no more spanking it to skyrim modded?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clone01

@Slimmin360 said:

@clone01 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

sure. Moron.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Slimmin360

@clone01 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@clone01 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

sure. Moron.

Before you go reducing yourself to name calling, go and back track through my posts and you'll see for yourself, I had a huge issue running games I bought through Steam on the Alpha so I returned it to Amazon.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clone01

@Slimmin360 said:

@clone01 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@clone01 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

Bloodborne disagrees.

sure. Moron.

Before you go reducing yourself to name calling, go and back track through my posts and you'll see for yourself, I had a huge issue running games I bought through Steam on the Alpha so I returned it to Amazon.

Not name calling. A fact is a fact.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@musicalmac: by the way, there was already a thread on this incident, and it seems to have been mostly resolved anyways

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sony-won-t-refund-ps4-user-who-lost-600-from-hack-31909939/?page=1

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#29 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Shouldn't this thread be locked since we talked about this all last week?

News flash....MS screwed ppl with the 360 and aren't taking the blame and Steam support sucks as well and in the transcripts of this particular case....the support person from Sony said they would have to do an investigation first.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Don't use your credit card when make purchases. Problem solved.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

OLD.

There was already a thread:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sony-won-t-refund-ps4-user-who-lost-600-from-hack-31909939/?page=1

And Sony took care of the customer in question. The other thread was locked due to the spread of misinformation once the resolution with the customer in question was proven.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL in some ways Sony is even more outdated than Nintendo when it comes to online and garbage policies.

Hilarious to think they threatened him with an account ban if he went to the bank to get it resolved.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

old news.

been there done that.

@Gue1 said:

bro, this is soooo last week.

The thing blew up on reddit and Sony were forced to step in and I think they are gonna refund him. But not because Sony wants to do the right thing but because they were forced to do so from a PR standpoint.

@princeofshapeir said:

Nice spread of misinformation. This user had his issue resolved.

That GameSpot article is misleading and needs to be updated.

Update 5 - RESOLVED:

@Shewgenja said:

There was already a thread about this.

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac: by the way, there was already a thread on this incident, and it seems to have been mostly resolved anyways

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Gue1 said:

bro, this is soooo last week.

The thing blew up on reddit and Sony were forced to step in and I think they are gonna refund him. But not because Sony wants to do the right thing but because they were forced to do so from a PR standpoint.

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Shouldn't this thread be locked since we talked about this all last week?

News flash....MS screwed ppl with the 360 and aren't taking the blame and Steam support sucks as well and in the transcripts of this particular case....the support person from Sony said they would have to do an investigation first.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I think we got a thread on this a couple weeks back. Yes, it's shitty. But people can use buy PSN credit if they choose and simply avoid it. I'd imagine responsible people would have not had their credit cards attached to their accounts after compromise of the credit card information during the hack years back.

It's like people shouldn't complain if they shop at Target and their credit card gets stolen in a Target hack after news of that same thing happening.

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

And here are some of the biggest reasons to not get a console at all:

Even mid-range PC hardware smokes consoles

Cheap games on PC

Hardware can be upgraded

Games can be modded

You can build a PC that beats consoles for about the same price as a PS4- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4nDBYJ

PC gaming is far cheaper in the long run - http://i.imgur.com/8sLpRS9.png

Better graphics

Better performance

Backwards compatibility

Free online multiplayer

PC's aren't just for gaming

More games

Lots of free games

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

And the shill of the year award goes to?

I mean does MS send you a check to tell people not to buy the competition's console?

So are you going to buy me an xbox 1 since you say I shouldn't buy a PS4 with my money because lord knows I am not going to pay for MS's low powered, no games having, Christmas season exclusive spamming system.

Biggest reason not to listen to corporate investor, shill drones telling people what they should or shouldn't buy...They are not offering to pay the bill to get the alternative.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

Update 5 - RESOLVED:

I wasn't aware of this. I wonder if news sites will follow up on this.

LOL who am I kidding.

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@musicalmac:

I was thinking you were just going to lock this thread because its old and been resolved. That would have been enough. And I don't think you wanted to lock it because you wanted to add your ... stupid....comment..about..sony..

Yeah.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#41  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@kingtito said:

Funny how cows think 1 game is enough to justify the purchase of a console.

yet I get crap for buying xbox because I want to play halo, everything else is icing on top

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@Gue1 said:

Didn't first hear about it til' yesterday, then I found this GS article today, sorry if it's old news but it's still makes the point i'm trying to make, which is Sony no longer gives a rats ass about it's customers.

No longer? Dude they never did. None of them do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This topic has already been beaten to death.