Heavy Rain first 9 minutes revealed! AAAE confirmed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 This is the video of the first 9 minutes gameplay of Heavy Rain. Before watching this video, actually I'm believe this game gonna fail, because of the fool me believes what lemmings say here on SW saying this game is not a game, just QTE movie, etc. But after watching this video I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy this game on the first day! Yeah, sure the lemmings here are not wrong, there's a lot of movies out there, but Heavy Rain is a game that'll give us a different experiences, you have to shave your beard, you have to take a bath, you have to brush your teeth, etc. You can't feel the experience of Heavy Rain will give to you on any other platform, yeah even PC! That's why I'm say this game will get 9.0/9.5 here on GS. What do you think?
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

"you have to shave your beard, you have to take a bath, you have to brush your teeth"

Dear Lord,that sounds exciting :o

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I think it's getting an 8.5/10 tops.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

you have to shave your beard, you have to take a bath, you have to brush your teeth, etc. You can't feel the experience of Heavy Rain will give to you on any other platform, yeah even PC! ihsanqueen

You guys should hang out sometime!!

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

Wow, how exciting, you get to watch a person wake up and take a shower. :roll:This isn't a remake of Dragons Lair, it's a hybrid of the Sims and Monkey Island..PASS

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I'm sure it gets better in later segments, but this 9 minutes looked simply horrible

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

"you have to shave your beard, you have to take a bath, you have to brush your teeth"

Lto_thaG

I liked how Indigo Prophecy made the player do small,almost-mundane activities. The characters felt far more human and realistic,and it helped improve immersion. I'm glad Heavy Rain is doing a similar thing.

box0rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 box0rocks
Member since 2008 • 1006 Posts

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this game.

It might feel like a nice, refreshing, new gaming experience. But also could turn out as a game that only a hand full of gamers will like.

I still don't know what i am going to think but it looks promising for now, and with all the praise it's getting, I might pick this game up after reviews come in.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

TC : "Heavy Rain first 9 minutes revealed! AAAE confirmed?"

------------

What the...is this some sort of Joke?

You can't tell if a game is AAAE from 9 minutes of footage before the game is even released! :shock:

*sigh*

This thread is too early!

Only at 15 minutes of footage can we tell! :P

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts
the video just killed my hype :S
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Wow im so excited. Shaving looks like so much fun...

http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/facepalm.jpg

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

What do you think?ihsanqueen

I think it looks awfully ****ing stupid, and about as entertaining as staring at a dripping water faucet for a few hours.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"] What do you think?jethrovegas

I think it looks awfully ****ing stupid, and about as entertaining as staring at a dripping water faucet for a few hours.

it's an adventure game! one where all adventure gameplay has been replaced but arcade mini games...dear God :D

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

VGobbsesser

I liked how Indigo Prophecy made the player do small,almost-mundane activities. The characters felt far more human and realistic,and it helped improve immersion. I'm glad Heavy Rain is doing a similar thing.

Yeah,me too.

Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Modern_Unit
Member since 2010 • 1511 Posts

How many people thought this was an AAAE after a trailer: (and how did that turn out?)

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ihsanqueen

y

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"] you have to shave your beard, you have to take a bath, you have to brush your teeth, etc. You can't feel the experience of Heavy Rain will give to you on any other platform, yeah even PC! biggest_loser

You guys should hang out sometime!!

You can brush your teeth and shave your beard here? I thought you just only can take a bath and take a poo

hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hamzah1235
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

i think that this game looks incredible graphically and im really hyping it to be a AAAE, and dont listen to these moronic lemmings bashing the game, because i felt that the game looked very interesting

Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Modern_Unit

i think that this game looks incredible graphically and im really hyping it to be a AAAE, and dont listen to these moronic lemmings bashing the game, because i felt that the game looked very interesting

hamzah1235

I see so many things wrong with this post

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ihsanqueen

How many people thought this was an AAAE after a trailer: (and how did that turn out?)

Modern_Unit

This game didn't score 9 on OPM UK

Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Modern_Unit

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

ihsanqueen

Wait, so Heavy Rain scored 9 on Official PLAYSTATION magazine. No bias there right.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 biggest_loser
OP: you can do all that stuff and so much more. The difference is that it actually has a purpose in The Sims like improving your hygiene stats. This looks like a bunch of gimmicks. Why should players be interested in pressing a button to drink juice? For realism? You're still seeing promps on a screen and the majority of the actions seem to be from the singular push of a button. Also: how linear is the rest of this game going to be?
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

You guys should look in other way... this is good start to use to controls and rules of game

garaa2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 garaa2007
Member since 2006 • 829 Posts

To everyone who thinks that the footage is boring , this is simply a tutorial to get you used to the controls , thats it , I'm sure the game will turn out great .

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Why do developers feel that adventure games need tank controls to move your character about? It looks tedious as hell.

I admit that I was wrong in my classification of the game as a QTE fest, it's pretty obvious that HR's DNA comes from the adventure game genre. I'm still not feeling it though. I'm still not convinced that the voice acting will be up to snuff for this sort of subject matter.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 biggest_loser

To everyone who thinks that the footage is boring , this is simply a tutorial to get you used to the controls , thats it , I'm sure the game will turn out great .

garaa2007

Its not like theres any complexity to the control scheming judging by that footage. I dont see that as a "tutorial", I see it as the start of the actual game. So I suspect there will be more of the same later on..

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShadowriverUB

OP: you can do all that stuff and so much more. The difference is that it actually has a purpose in The Sims like improving your hygiene stats. This looks like a bunch of gimmicks. Why should players be interested in pressing a button to drink juice? For realism? You're still seeing promps on a screen and the majority of the actions seem to be from the singular push of a button. Also: how linear is the rest of this game going to be?biggest_loser

To control person?

Just watch other videos from HR for answer?

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]OP: you can do all that stuff and so much more. The difference is that it actually has a purpose in The Sims like improving your hygiene stats. This looks like a bunch of gimmicks. Why should players be interested in pressing a button to drink juice? For realism? You're still seeing promps on a screen and the majority of the actions seem to be from the singular push of a button. Also: how linear is the rest of this game going to be?ShadowriverUB

To control person?

Why should players be interested in drinking juice: "to control person". WHY would you want to control someone to drink juice in a game? What is the point of that? What do you achieve? Thats why I'm asking.

Idream2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Idream2010
Member since 2010 • 469 Posts

Cows just give it up. At best it will score an 8.5 here, Indigo Prophecy scored 8.4 here. Its a nice game, but its a bore fest for most who dont like QTE and shaving and brushing your teeth. I mean come on now.

garaa2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 garaa2007

[QUOTE="garaa2007"]

biggest_loser

Its not like theres any complexity to the control scheming judging by that footage. I dont see that as a "tutorial", I see it as the start of the actual game. So I suspect there will be more of the same later on..

Still , I don't think they will just throw you into the action scenes with the QTEs from the beginning of the game, this scene is clearly just to let you know how the controls feel and play out , and i remember reading somewhere the David cage said theres going to be a tutorial in the beginning of the game for the controls so I'm guessing this is it , and it's not like the whole game is QTEs you can still move your character and do what ever you want and make your own choices .
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShadowriverUB

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]OP: you can do all that stuff and so much more. The difference is that it actually has a purpose in The Sims like improving your hygiene stats. This looks like a bunch of gimmicks. Why should players be interested in pressing a button to drink juice? For realism? You're still seeing promps on a screen and the majority of the actions seem to be from the singular push of a button. Also: how linear is the rest of this game going to be?biggest_loser

To control person?

Why should players be interested in drinking juice: "to control person". WHY would you want to control someone to drink juice in a game? What is the point of that? What do you achieve? Thats why I'm asking.

As previues people notice it's to use people with possible QTE controls. You guys simply don't understand that games are also art medium and you can do such thing with movie with current standards

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ihsanqueen

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

Modern_Unit

Wait, so Heavy Rain scored 9 on Official PLAYSTATION magazine. No bias there right.

This is ridiculous, when Mass Effect 2 scored 9.5 on OXM no cows said 'Wait, but thats Xbox magazine' but now when Heavy Rain scored 9 on OPM lemmings are say 'Wait but that's Playstation Magazine, this game still a crap' Really, I can't stand how lemmings think....

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
Heavy Rain should be 8.5 or AAA leaning to AAE for its context.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
TC, how old are you? You must not shave yet if you think it's fun. Trust me, playing mundane human tasks, will be ...........mundane. Heavy Rain is a game that has interested me for a while but I am not paying $60 for it. When it's $30 or lower I'll buy it.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
this is one game where il have to wait for reviews to get excited about it,,it did look good in the scenes in the junk yard..wonder why they chose to show a naked guy shaving lol..
Idream2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Idream2010

TC, how old are you? You must not shave yet if you think it's fun. Trust me, playing mundane human tasks, will be ...........mundane. Heavy Rain is a game that has interested me for a while but I am not paying $60 for it. When it's $30 or lower I'll buy it.cainetao11

it will be 30 dollars in no time, this game isnt going to sell.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

that was the most boring gameplay i've ever seen, i was literally dozing off. it's just a QTE movie. and for your pc comment; have you heard of the sims?

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
How boring.
Idream2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Idream2010

that was the most boring gameplay i've ever seen, i was literally dozing off. it's just a QTE movie. and for your pc comment; have you heard of the sims?

themagicbum9720

so true, I mean wow look he is brushing his hair? QTE snorefest, I really wanted this game to be awesome too, guess ill wait till it is in the bargain bin for 14 bucks to get it.

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MizFitAwesome

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

ihsanqueen

This is ridiculous, when Mass Effect 2 scored 9.5 on OXM no cows said 'Wait, but thats Xbox magazine' but now when Heavy Rain scored 9 on OPM lemmings are say 'Wait but that's Playstation Magazine, this game still a crap' Really, I can't stand how lemmings think....

Thats because it also scored high on IGN and we all know Cows wish ME2 would be ported to PS3. Nobody wants HR on 360, especially after that video....

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts
LOL, so many haters. I'll just wait for the reviews.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

The difference, you see TC is now that IGN gave ME:2 a 9.6 it kind of helps show that OXM's review was fairly unbiased.
MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MizFitAwesome

[QUOTE="themagicbum9720"]

Idream2010

so true, I mean wow look he is brushing his hair? QTE snorefest, I really wanted this game to be awesome too, guess ill wait till it is in the bargain bin for 14 bucks to get it.

Hey Sony might end up bundling it at Christmas time...

garaa2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 garaa2007

Idream2010

Yea because a real game is all about shooting and killing , what a joke . and again this is just the OPENING scene how hard is it for you people to understand nothing has happend yet , his kid hasn't been kidnapped and no action has started . can't you guys play something new for a change .
Idream2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Idream2010

[QUOTE="Idream2010"]

garaa2007

Yea because a real game is all about shooting and killing , what a joke . and again this is just the OPENING scene how hard is it for you people to understand nothing has happend yet , his kid hasn't been kidnapped and no action has started . can't you guys play something new for a change .

yeah ok sure, good luck.

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MizFitAwesome

[QUOTE="Idream2010"]

garaa2007

I'm sure Master Chief also wakes up every morning showers and eats breakfast. I just have no interest in watching....

visionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 visionary
Member since 2002 • 14739 Posts

Way too early to judge but that definitely wasn't the best way to showcase the first 9 minutes of a game. One of the great things about Indigo Prophecy is that it started immediately with a sense of suspense and wasted no time trying to build artificial attachments between you and the characters, instead it placed you right into a crazy situation. Meh..we'll see what happens.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

Modern_Unit

Yea, but Haze scored a 5 or 6 on OPM. I'm not saying there is no bias but it still has to be a pretty decent game to score a 9.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="Idream2010"]

garaa2007

Adventure games have been around since forever. Why people think this game is some kind of new thing baffles me. It doesn't even have a full range of motion when you are moving around, it's just the 4 points, up, down, left, right. If anything this game is a throwback. It just has really nice graphics.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

I do think people are missing the point of trailer -- it was not supposed to show the actual elements but to have a glimpse of the interactivity of the environment in game. That said, I don't think trailer is really impressive as it doesn't really shows anything else.