Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@gifford38 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

No, and i don't know how this could even happen. If your job is to stream games 8+ hours a day, i could understand, but when its just playing em randomly when you feel like? I don't see how this could happen unless you're getting too old for gaming in general, and is losing interest.

edit: wtf everyone is burnout in this thread🤣🤣🤣

the sad sack ps5 gamers are getting burnout from playing all those remasters and remakes

you now what is funny? xbox has so many remakes aswell. but no one sees it because they are multiplat now.

for one all the halo's got a remaster

alan wake, mass effect, and more.

its just xbox let those developers go at the end of the 360 life but they was all exclusives at one time.

heck at the series x launch they used gears 4 or 5 not sure which one to show off the graphics of the series x. which remaster graphics like raytracing and more.

so xbox has remaster aswell not just sony.

at least sony comes out with games and remakes and remasters. so why not if they are launching new games as well.

this should be funny, what exactly are those xbox remakes and remasters?? Halo master chief collection was a 3 in 1 thing, update from pre HD, because those games all released in 2003 and 2004 to full HD. Also, the game has been free on gamepass from the beginning, and its pretty cheap to buy on steam or anywhere else. Alan Wake remaster wasn't an xbox thing, its a 3rd party developer, and they also released on the ps5. Mass Effect is EA lol

Gears of War 5 they did "remaster", but its a free update, a simple patch...so nobody should complain.

well if mass effect and alan wake was still xbox exclusives. mass effect one was a xbox exclusive back then so was alan wake. few other ones I cant think of. gamepass is not free

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8430 Posts

Definitely have had the burnout from the years I was gaming all the time.

I don't experience burnout as much these days, and I think the trick is to not make a whole life out of gaming anymore.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1478 Posts

Not really burnout but i've been sufferring from pretty bad anhedonia for the last 5 years or so. Most games just don't really grab me these days, some do on the rare occasion.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: "6th and 7th gen brought many great games and IPs, although some have not aged well."

I thought PS2 was the last good era.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

Once in a while i have that feeling like playing a game is such a fresh and great experience as it haven´t been in a while, even with a game that i remember wasn´t even that great when i played it the last time.

Guess the market is way too big and there are way too many games to play hence we at times are probably playing games a little too much and too often, especially with pandemic-lockdowns.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

I go through spells of burnout but just end up playing casual games like FIFA and fallguys.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34664 Posts

Not that I can remember. There's been many times where I lose all faith in gaming, like when studios are releasing CoD 37 or AC 28 or *insert whatever milking machine here*, but then I just go back to playing older actual good games, or try out new smaller indies. There's still lots of old shit I need to play if the game industry would ever completely shit itself.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@gifford38 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

No, and i don't know how this could even happen. If your job is to stream games 8+ hours a day, i could understand, but when its just playing em randomly when you feel like? I don't see how this could happen unless you're getting too old for gaming in general, and is losing interest.

edit: wtf everyone is burnout in this thread🤣🤣🤣

the sad sack ps5 gamers are getting burnout from playing all those remasters and remakes

you now what is funny? xbox has so many remakes aswell. but no one sees it because they are multiplat now.

for one all the halo's got a remaster

alan wake, mass effect, and more.

its just xbox let those developers go at the end of the 360 life but they was all exclusives at one time.

heck at the series x launch they used gears 4 or 5 not sure which one to show off the graphics of the series x. which remaster graphics like raytracing and more.

so xbox has remaster aswell not just sony.

at least sony comes out with games and remakes and remasters. so why not if they are launching new games as well.

this should be funny, what exactly are those xbox remakes and remasters?? Halo master chief collection was a 3 in 1 thing, update from pre HD, because those games all released in 2003 and 2004 to full HD. Also, the game has been free on gamepass from the beginning, and its pretty cheap to buy on steam or anywhere else. Alan Wake remaster wasn't an xbox thing, its a 3rd party developer, and they also released on the ps5. Mass Effect is EA lol

Gears of War 5 they did "remaster", but its a free update, a simple patch...so nobody should complain.

yes but at the time those 360 games was exclusive. so if they was still exclusives they all would be remastered. mass effect was exclusive, alan wake was exclusive, and more.

plus there beloved halo got a remastered as well. fable one got a hd version aswell.

gears 5 was a free update because that was the only game at launch that took advantage of the series x.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

My burn out comes from trying to catch up on my backlog. It's exhausting and ends up feeling like a chore/check list rather than having fun. I've had a series X sitting in my spare room still in the box just because I don't have time to fit it in my life. Smh

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5267 Posts

Several times in my long gaming career starting in the mid 1980s a few years after the video game crash and more recent was last November when I started my new job. The latter was due to concerns of earning enough money on my new job to pay off the huge credit card debt I incurred due to wasteful spending a few years back. After I paid off my credit card debt and have been on the new job for a few months, I regain my interest in gaming.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2946 Posts

I take breaks sometimes, but I wouldn't call it burnout. Been gaming since Atari 2600.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

Everyone goes through burnout I just usually revert back to casual games during that period. I'm currently playing no single player games only on fallguys, WWE 2k22 and FIFA 22.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

I'm currently burnt out, but it's not because I'm tired of games.. I'm just tired of the same games with nothing new. It's pretty concerning that MW2 is one of my most anticipated games. It seems all AAA games are cutting corners and releasing broken and half finished and indie games are largely uninspired or just knock offs of other games that found success.

Yes, I know that just about everything has been done in some way, shape, or form these days, but there is nothing wrong with original ideas or staying true to a working formula without breaking the mold to chase success of others. Yeah, I know money is all that matters these days, but it's completely unreasonable and unrealistic to expect record crushing quarters every single time without cutting into the quality of your games... and then they wonder why their past success doesn't reflect current standing? lol.. give me a break. They know why, the question is whether they can figure it our and fix it before we have another gaming crash or whether they keep pushing larger and larger teams with more and more coats of paint or whether they go back to the drawing board, cut the fat at the top, and listen to their audience. Most people want fun, good storys, and solid mechanics.

It is good to see AA companies starting to make a comeback, but the price of things is holding them back. Consolidation isn't always a good thing.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

I'm 49 years old and I can't get enough of gaming. Haven't ever gone through video game burnout.. only two things will ever stop me from playing

- arthritis

- death

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

I'm 49 years old and I can't get enough of gaming. Haven't ever gone through video game burnout.. only two things will ever stop me from playing

- arthritis

- death

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23941 Posts

@jhcho2 said:
@Maroxad said:

I lost all faith in video games after playing Uncharted: Drake's fortune. The game was so bad, it took a week for me to be able to play and enjoy video games again.

This just means that your genre of choice is too narrow and/or you placed too much faith in one game.

If there's anything I learned from being a gamer, it's that you should find passion in playing games that give you the experience you're looking for, instead of having faith that some unreleased game will give you said experience. That's not gaming. That's hype.

Or because the game was so irredeemably bad, it singlehandedly made me lose interest in gaming for a while.

Thankfully it was just a demo. But even then, you couldnt pay me to play that crap.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23941 Posts

@jaydan said:

Definitely have had the burnout from the years I was gaming all the time.

I don't experience burnout as much these days, and I think the trick is to not make a whole life out of gaming anymore.

This is very much a thing to concern oneself with. Doing nothing but gaming is extremely tiring. Gaming from my experience works best as a supplement to other, more productive hobbies.