Has Switch made you a believer in Nintendo again?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

For all the wrongs that happened with Wii U, Nintendo has had an incredible turn around with the Switch. It's not even about the sales. It's the fact that their launch has been great and that they are keeping it up with more games now and this holiday season.. Games that I didn't think would come out this soon like Xenoblade 2. Add Mario Oddysey which looks fantastic, and Fire Emblem, Mario Rabbids, Skyrim, and Rocket League and more. I really do think that Nintendo will have great success this gen. It won't just end after a year or two. What do you think,SW? Has Nintendo won your trust back?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

not yet

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70147 Posts

Nope. Feels like the WiiU to me.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#4 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

loveing every moment of the Switch. Launch day owner here

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Not yet. The Switch is quite innovative but it's still far less technologically advanced. Despite the fact that it has a few great games(which are ports nonetheless) it still may have to compensate for that. I look at it as a dope little niche system that brings something fresh to the table but still has a lot to prove. If they don't keep bringing it like they currently are that gimmick may get old real quick.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Just going by the design choices in Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey as well as the announcement for Metroid Prime 4, it's safe to say this is the return of ambitious Nintendo.

I've always been a believer in Nintendo as their quality game output has always been so strong. It's just nice to see them push the envelope in addition to that constant pedigree.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I love my switch, its been being able to play Zelda on my plane flight to France last week.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59238 Posts

Nope, still waiting until the price is justified.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Never doubted

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

My Switch gets played daily, my PS4 is in storage somewhere and my PC takes care of the rest. The Switch is a fantastic little system and all the announced titles will go great in the lineup.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

No, but i like the system.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Not yet, it still too overpriced with not enough games for me to jump into yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Nintendo never lost my trust. They have always made great games and the Wii U had great games as well.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

No, Nintendo died for me..their last great console was the Gamecube imo.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Nothing changed for me really. I've always had faith in Nintendo to make good/great games.

I suppose they did recently wipe away my fears of them losing their ambition, but that credit goes to BotW, not the Switch itself.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: do you have a Switch?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#19 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17868 Posts

No. I have a Switch, but all I have is Zelda and Mario Kart. The only announced games I am really interested in are Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid Prime 4. Pretty weak lineup so far and for the foreseeable future.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

No

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Yup, pre-ordered the moment it became available. Didn't want to suffer the ghetto version of BotW lol.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

No.

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts

Switch didn't do anything. So why would it make me a believer? You were waiting months to play 1 game. You're doing the same thing on the Switch.

lllll1lll2ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lllll1lll2ll
Member since 2017 • 107 Posts

nah. Same ip milkage as always and hardly any games on it beside the 1 or 2 good ones they release per year.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

still think it's another WiiU nothing has convinced me otherwise

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8456 Posts

My Switch purchase must be imminent at this point. I marveled at Super Mario Odyssey today and it looks like it's going to do completely new things not yet done in a Mario game and it reassures me that Nintendo might just be the king of platformers (it's refreshing). Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks fantastic and just by playing and absolutely loving the original game alone, I know exactly what kind of epicness this game will bring and I love the enhanced production values (it looks gorgeous). It is finally official that we'll be getting a core Metroid Prime and Pokemon games for the system, and that just brings things to a whole new level as I've been dreaming of new main console iterations of these franchises for years, and the hype is real. Let us sprinkle some Wii U ports over like Pokken Tournament and continue to bring Wii U titles over, introduce new IP's like Arms and I think Nintendo has great days ahead.

The biggest potential of dropping the ball is if their production of producing quality games start to dwindle after the two or three year mark of the Switch's lifespan; but for now, it's nice to know there are great things along the way.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

They are on the right track, but it needs time to grow still

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Switch is a great console...all it needs now is a Super Smash port and/or a new one. Also, wouldn't mind some VC stuff you know?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#29 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

Nope sadly their library does not do much for me anymore.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I like my Switch a ton, but all that's really worth getting on it so far is Breath of the Wild and MK8 Deluxe- both on WiiU. I don't think I will be getting anything until Mario Odyssey either- not to say I won't pick up Splatoon 2 or Pokken someday.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Yes. I have 14 games so far for it and see about 10 more it want already. This system is going to be very big for me for the next few years at least.

Back to Back Mario and Xenoblade!?!?! WTF.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Outside of BotW it feels like a Wii U 2.0

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Never stopped believing. Been a diehard fan since NES. Do love the Switch though, that thing is such a stroke of genius. Just got my 120th shrine & beat Ganon in BotW last weekend. Over 145 hours in or something ridiculous. Loved Splatoon, can't wait for the sequel. I hope it's pace continues, big numbers equal good third party support and I want this system to go the distance. All this thing needs to be the undisputed best console of all time is a dock with some hardware to put it graphically in line with an XBoneX. I'd pay a great sum for such a magical little dock. BotW proves that talent is more important than system specs, but I think with a fancy dock that boosts power third parties would be more interested in bringing all of the dude bro releases as well. Still haven't tasted a cartridge either.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Yes. Very excited for Mario rabbits, Mario odyssey, and prime 4 especially

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I was skeptical that the hybrid gimmick wouldn't fit into my play style, but man am I enjoying the Switch. I bought an additional dock so I can play on my game room and bedroom TVs without having to unhook a thing. I might even buy a 3rd dock for the living room. The screen is great, the joycon controllers work quite well in all control styles, and the games, while limited in number, have been a blast. After 2 test punches I'm very excited for Arms. Mario Kart, Zelda and Puyo Puyo Tetris have been in a steady rotation with the other console and PC games I've been playing. I'm quite happy with it.

Nintendo is back!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@drlostrib said:

not yet

What happened your old account?

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

No they mostly played it really safe, but so did Sony and MS.

Things I liked - Yoshi's artstyle is very original. Breath of the Wild prequel DLC.

Mario Odyssey is uneven. Really well done in the cowboy setting but completely barren and PS2-like in New Donk City.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think that once they get into the rythm of releasing games for it that they do with theur handhelds as well as bring third party on board, it will become a formidable force in gaming.

Right niw, you can tell they got caught with their pants down with its success. They have so much in the pipeli e for the 3ds still, which shows their initial lack of confidence.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I love my switch but I have accepted the fact that Nintendo will have decent AAA third party support. I'm fine with this as I have a ps4 pro. The switch and ps4 make for a good combo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

I skipped out on Nintendo consoles for a good while...lmao. Last console I owned was the Super Nintendo...Jumping into the Switch was great though, love the Pro Controller, love being able to just pop out the tablet and play. I never played Mario Kart since Double Dash at a friends house, so this is all new to me! Definitely enjoying Mario Kart 8 & Breath of the Wild

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

It's selling well. People obviously like the idea of a console-handheld hybrid. But, much like the PS4, I don't think even Nintendo knows exactly why they are doing so well and I fear they may get lazy because of that. For example, at this point, we should know exactly how the Virtual Console-ish thing is going to work and getting ready for its launch. Right now, the Wii U can play its modestly robust library of exclusives, every Wii game through BC, as well as several hard to find gems, like the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade 1 through the eshop, and many 8, 16, and 64 bit gen games. As of right now, nothing even half as ambitious as that has been talked about for the Switch.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Uh, no. Prime 4 will keep me from completely writing them off though.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Game wise they seem to be bringing the ambition again. Mario seems to be going places unlike on WiiU. A new Metroid Prime is in the works, launched with a good Zelda game, it's just looking up. Though I still think the Switch is just another $300 barrier to play Ninty games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34724 Posts

They never lost my trust. I was worried that they'd began doing less ambitious stuff, but they seem to currently be bringing the awesomesauce.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

I never doubted them as game makers.

I doubt them as risk takers when it comes to their software - Which so far, they've made 1 triple A/Middle-Tier scaled new IP for the switch. Let's do more pls and then we'll talk.

I doubt them when it comes to online play - Which so far they are doing a bang up job being behind the fucking times

I doubt them in terms of making a console with a lot of options for games - Wildly outclassed, and it's like one game every other month. In fact the system doesn't have one good exclusive until Arms, although we can call it 2, because I really like Kamiko.

I doubt them in terms of third party n indie support - which mixed bag on indie, if anything wildly lacking, and LOL they are a joke when it comes to third party.

I doubt their console being anything more than a side bitch system - and it's still a sidebitch system. If you are an enthusiast of this medium, if you value depth (gameplay, not shitty ass video game stories) in your games, if you believe in things like games are art, The switch can not possibly be your primary machine. The PC n PS4 can, yeah even the Xbox, but the switch? Side bitch fam.

So no, they haven't really changed my stance on Nintendo. Which is on their best day as game makers? NO one is in their league. Anything else? You can do way better.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I had a falling out with Nintendo during the Wii era. The Wii U actually pulled me back with some truly good games. But I have to say, this first year of Switch is probably going to be better than those 4+ years of Wii U. I am playing my Switch non-stop on the public transport to work and home.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GordonFreeman
Member since 2017 • 588 Posts

@Pedro said:

Nope. Feels like the WiiU to me.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They are murdering their competition right now. And we need that. MS and Sony need to start making better games.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Apart from portability being better, I don't see how it differs that much from the Wii U.

It will still pretty much only get Nintendo titles, as I'm not interested in thier titles I'm not interested in the switch.