hardest puzzle in a gameboy color game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts

question

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Gaming was fine before sony joined and it will be fine after sony leaves.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

the gaming industry continues to grow and Sony isnt on top. If it were going down you may have a point. But it isnt sooooooooo

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheOldOlder

RyanShazam
the soul of gaming, our favorite hobby, is over the day the last playstation and whats left would continue to exist on a forgotten corner in the Pc
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18837 Posts
one thing is for sure this gen suks compared to previous gen.
kendrene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 kendrene
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

:roll: then what? The world ends? Gaming would go on and another company would rise from Sony's ashes.

GabeBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GabeBlack
Member since 2005 • 1821 Posts

They gave game up leadership in gaming for bluray. They abused the playstation brand and made big bets and most of us did not react well to it.

The gamers are not the blame for sonys woes.

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheOldOlder

RyanShazam
Seriously I beg to differ, everything gaming stands for is on the Ps1. Gaming is more than a guy a gun killing monsters or an italian plumber
TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheOldOlder

They gave game up leadership in gaming for bluray. They abused the playstation brand and made big bets and most of us did not react well to it.

The gamers are not the blame for sonys woes.

GabeBlack
I didnt blame gamers for sony's mistakes
one thing is for sure this gen suks compared to previous gen.PSP107
because Nintendo and Microsoft lead the industry and neither company is conceptually suitable to do so
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

It's not going to go down. Sony will just make their next console much more wallet friendly. If they are smart they will make everything downloadable. Memory costs almost nothing and disk drives do. If the PS3 didn't have a $400 (at the time) bluray player in it, the console could have cost half of what it did at launch and they could have made a profit off the units.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Everything in your post suggests that you only began gaming at the time Playstation entered the market. Before them, Nintendo and Sega were providing the rich and varied games (as such was available with the technology of the time). And yes PS1 had surpassed Nintendo in that regards.

What you fail to see is that Xbox 360 is today what Playstation 2 was last generation. Wide diversified game library, made available to the masses at a reasonable cost (and still going down), made even better with an expansive online service (not just multiplayer, in-game chat, friend parties, videos, demos, game expansions, trailers, retro and original arcade games, etc...)

Main point being, gaming didn't begin with Sony, it won't end with or without them. They don't dominate any more so just accept that. Stop living in the past.

ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

TheOldOlder

Seriously I beg to differ, everything gaming stands for is on the Ps1. Gaming is more than a guy a gun killing monsters or an italian plumber

Where were Sony during the golden age of Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Atari, NES and the Genesis/PC-Engine/SNES dynasty? Oh yeah they were too busy buying up music and movie studios.

G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
a better discussion would be if nintendo left gaming
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23065 Posts
Wow.... I've nver understood why Sony gets so much credit from young gamers. The variety they speak of was found on other platforms prior to their entry into the market. Sony's most popular IP are from third parties, many of which existed on the prior platforms (i.e. Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, etc).

If Sony left, those titles would simply find a new home. A lot of them already have.
TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheOldOlder

Everything in your post suggests that you only began gaming at the time Playstation entered the market. Before them, Nintendo and Sega were providing the rich and varied games (as such was available with the technology of the time). And yes PS1 had surpassed Nintendo in that regards.

What you fail to see is that Xbox 360 is today what Playstation 2 was last generation. Wide diversified game library, made available to the masses at a reasonable cost (and still going down), made even better with an expansive online service (not just multiplayer, in-game chat, friend parties, videos, demos, game expansions, trailers, retro and original arcade games, etc...)

Main point being, gaming didn't begin with Sony, it won't end with or without them. They don't dominate any more so just accept that. Stop living in the past.

AdobeArtist
everything in your post directly implies that you dont know me, I started gaming with the NES
NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts
No, gaming began with The Odyssey. Then the Atari 2600. Oh, there were also Nintendo consoles. PSOne is kinda late, but it beat out the Sega Saturn because of a cheaper price. The outcome of this gen greatly favors the PS3 because of the impact of blu-ray on the public and industry, but we'll have to see. Eventually, the Wii fad will end, and the COD hype will succumb(people will get tired of it eventually). Then PS3 games will be in the spotlight(not like they already haven't). Hey, it's wishful thinking, but it sounds just about right if people tire of these things and move on. But there are many surprises in store, I hope. And I hope the PS3 does not suddenly become overhyped like the 360 with no games that interest me to back up its hype.;) The 360 has its games, but the ones overhyped are RARELY worth the hype.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12397 Posts
IMO, Sony has really revolutionized the gaming industry. More than Nintendo, more than Sega, and more than Microsoft.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
If Sony went down PC gaming would still be on top.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

RyanShazam
My thoughts exactly.
-Zink-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Zink-
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts
Sony will fall like Sega. (And yeah, all I have this gen is the PS3) It's not like the PS3 is a bad system, it just lacks where the 360 reigns, the games.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18837 Posts

It's not going to go down. Sony will just make their next console much more wallet friendly. If they are smart they will make everything downloadable. Memory costs almost nothing and disk drives do. If the PS3 didn't have a $400 (at the time) bluray player in it, the console could have cost half of what it did at launch and they could have made a profit off the units.

Pirate700
If sony charges $0.16 per GB, imagine how much Rockstar will have to pay to put GTA on PS4
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts

I believe Sony is the only company suitable to dominate the market, with a fair marketshare in the hands of good competition of course, gaming as we know it was shaped by the Ps1 and Ps2, both platforms that were cheap at launch and had lots of games and third party support, variety peaked with the Ps2, the system has a game or many games for everyone it wasn't overflowing with first person shooter and with sony leading any developer was able to make any kind of games no matter what genre they wanted to sell It'd have room and opportunity in the Playstation two, now with nintendo and microsoft leading everything good gaming had went down the toilet, anything not aimed for family or inexperienced video game players doesn't sell well, games like Mad world are a fine example of that, I heard it sold around 77K in the united states while games like wii fit, easily broke the million mark, people paying to play online with their xbox and downloading maps and stuff that should be either free or available on the retail copy from day one is a practice even some of sony's devs are imitating nowadays sadly, I remember the good days when everything could be found on a reasonably priced and friendly playstation, now I feel that people walk into stores thinking that there's just as much to get from a nintendo wii, and then a few months after they realized the truth nobody told them, there's actually not that much on it.

The day sony made the mistake of over featuring the Ps3 and began to weaken gaming did along with them, maybe one day things will go back to normal and sony with a Ps4 or a Ps5 will take over the reigns of the industry to put back the right way like they did with the original PlayStation? Maybe my kids will play something worthy and stimulating instead of pointlessly jumping around the living room with a controller.

TheOldOlder
Even though Nintendo has been making consoles longer than most you fanboys have been alive??? LMAO at gaming getting weaker along with the PS3, sales are at all time high for software and hardware.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

It is simple, 360 is the new PS2, has all the variety, the huge games, and the RPGs

PS3 is now the GC of the past and Wii is the new trend, the real game industrydestroyer for me

rosko123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rosko123
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

No I think the true soul of gaming died upon release of PS1 i did like it but omg Megadrive was just pure simple fun. Sony arn't going anywhere but you can't talk about Sony having soul when they destroyed Sega's 2 consoles which in all honesty were far more pure than sonys versions. Sony stole the best bits and made gaming mainstream which is both good and bad seeing as it pretty much spawned hating and fanboys.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

TheOldOlder

n64 > ps1
Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts

RyanShazam

:lol: you have no idea how arrogant nintendo were going
trying to monopolize the whole industry

PSX showed them discipline and PSX PS2 both had the absolute best games
and I think PS3 will too this gen

NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts
PS1 was okay, but PS2 was better. PS2 had the best lineup for gaming, IMO. PS3's got a good lineup too, but where's Jak and Sly Cooper?
TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheOldOlder
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

Rick_Henderson
^This

Gaming was mediocre before sony joined, and gaming would die as we know it the day they leave the video game market completely, their leadership inspired countless devs and sparked the creation of some if not most of the greatest franchise in history and those already existing by the time they joined reached their true potential, Final Fantasy? Resident Evil, Everything about the Ps1 era was wonderful. If sony drops out of the race, I'll Quit gaming and watch the industry crash from afar
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I doubt it would hurt gaming as a whole lot if sony folded, not anymore then if nintendo or Microsoft folded...

Ofcourse my console days went away after the super nes, I still make it a point to own a console of each generation tho.

I think someone else will just pick up the slag...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

ralphikari

Where were Sony during the golden age of Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Atari, NES and the Genesis/PC-Engine/SNES dynasty? Oh yeah they were too busy buying up music and movie studios.

sony was making the hardware for the nintendo consoles
MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts
If SONY or MS leaves, gaming as we know it ends! If sony leaves MS would go casual, and If Ms leaves, Sony will go casual!
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattbbpl

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

Rhubarb9

Yep. Its a good thing Sony came along and showed us what a truly humble leader is.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#34 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Console gaming really sparked with Sony's Playstation 2. Why would you even think Sony's Gaming Division would be going down anyways???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
If SONY or MS leaves, gaming as we know it ends! If sony leaves MS would go casual, and If Ms leaves, Sony will go casual!MKLOL
no, devs would still make pc games because there is still money to be made in the hardcore market
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Nintendo and Sega seemed to keep gaming alive before Sony, and Atari and Mattel seemed to do it for a bit before them, so I think gaming would survive with or without Sony. I prefer competition, and I like Sony, but it would not be the end of gaming if they dropped out.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mattbbpl

If SONY or MS leaves, gaming as we know it ends! If sony leaves MS would go casual, and If Ms leaves, Sony will go casual!MKLOL
Basic economic theory states that this would not be the case. If there is demand for a type of product, it will be supplied. If current producers don't supply it, another supplier will crop up who will.

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheOldOlder
Nintendo and Sega seemed to keep gaming alive before Sony, and Atari and Mattel seemed to do it for a bit before them, so I think gaming would survive with or without Sony. I prefer competition, and I like Sony, but it would not be the end of gaming if they dropped out.SpruceCaboose
If Sony's Destiny is to Drop out of the video game market then so does my presence in it as a consumer
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Nintendo and Sega seemed to keep gaming alive before Sony, and Atari and Mattel seemed to do it for a bit before them, so I think gaming would survive with or without Sony. I prefer competition, and I like Sony, but it would not be the end of gaming if they dropped out.TheOldOlder
If Sony's Destiny is to Drop out of the video game market then so does my presence in it as a consumer

Your loss.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Nintendo and Sega seemed to keep gaming alive before Sony, and Atari and Mattel seemed to do it for a bit before them, so I think gaming would survive with or without Sony. I prefer competition, and I like Sony, but it would not be the end of gaming if they dropped out.TheOldOlder

Oh well. You != the market. Using your personal ideals as the basis for a general thread is a bad idea.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

Rhubarb9

becaue sony was never arrogant? *laughs*

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Last time I checked, gaming was best BEFORE the Playstations. The 2D platforms where filled with varied material and brilliant masterpieces like SMB3. The N64 seemed to be a good continuation of that, with SM64, OOT, Goldeneye, etc. The Gamecube could also have been amazing in the same sense, but it was deprived because of the competition, SONY. As far as I'm concerned gaming has gone downhill since Sony came onto the scene, and the sooner they're gone the better. IMO, gaming consoles should only be made by GAMING companies, like Nintendo and Sega. Not these media giants.
ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="ralphikari"]

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"] Seriously I beg to differ, everything gaming stands for is on the Ps1. Gaming is more than a guy a gun killing monsters or an italian plumberSAGE_OF_FIRE

sony was making the hardware for the nintendo consoles

Please get your facts straight. Nintendo's biggest hardware partners have always been Sharp and NEC. Sony only sold them low-cost ADPCM chips for the SNES even though Yamaha had far superior PCM synths at that time. Nintendo later contracted both Sony and Philips to co-develope the SNES CD-ROM but chose to partner with Philips because Sony demanded the rights to produce and sell their own consoles based on the technology.

The entire SNES-CD project fell apart. Philips were compensated with Nintendo's IP's which spawnedthe hilarious Zelda games on the CD-i. Sony went ahead and used the SNES-CD designs to create the PS1 regardless. Other than those Sony MSX computers which I liked very much the company did almost nothing to gaming before Nintendo hooked them up.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

TheOldOlder

everything in your post directly implies that you dont know me, I started gaming with the NES

For someone who claims to have gamed for that long, your perspective is woefully skewed. Oh and I've been gaming since the Atari days :)

No, gaming began with The Odyssey. Then the Atari 2600. Oh, there were also Nintendo consoles. PSOne is kinda late, but it beat out the Sega Saturn because of a cheaper price. The outcome of this gen greatly favors the PS3 because of the impact of blu-ray on the public and industry, but we'll have to see. Eventually, the Wii fad will end, and the COD hype will succumb(people will get tired of it eventually). Then PS3 games will be in the spotlight(not like they already haven't). Hey, it's wishful thinking, but it sounds just about right if people tire of these things and move on. But there are many surprises in store, I hope. And I hope the PS3 does not suddenly become overhyped like the 360 with no games that interest me to back up its hype.;) The 360 has its games, but the ones overhyped are RARELY worth the hype.NYrockinlegend

That was quite aleborate. For just another 'just wait' thread :roll:

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Ermmm.... Lets see. No. Sony have never pushed the industry forward in any single way. Nintendo are around and Microsoft aswell. Nintendo to push the industry forward with innovation and Microsoft with technology forward.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

If sony drops out of the race, I'll Quit gaming and watch the industry crash from afarTheOldOlder

Have a nice trip, in the meantime I'll keep playing excellent PC games.

You should rephrase your entire post from "Sony shaped gaming as we know it" to "Sony shaped gaming as I know it". Personally, I've mostly been PC a gamer (I started gaming on the ZX Spectrum and moved on to the Commodore Amiga before starting with PC gaming) and I have 0 interest in the Playstation, most of the games I'm really interested in are on the PC (and always have been). I grew up playing Lucas Arts adventures, Doom, and many other great PC games, and that's what defined gaming for me.

Saying "Sony shaped gaming as we know it" sounds arrogant and pretentious.

Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts

Ermmm.... Lets see. No. Sony have never pushed the industry forward in any single way. Nintendo are around and Microsoft aswell. Nintendo to push the industry forward with innovation and Microsoft with technology forward.Dibdibdobdobo

CD/DVD based consoles?
dual analog discs?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Ermmm.... Lets see. No. Sony have never pushed the industry forward in any single way. Nintendo are around and Microsoft aswell. Nintendo to push the industry forward with innovation and Microsoft with technology forward.Rhubarb9

CD/DVD based consoles?
dual analog discs?

Mega CD was out before PSX which was CD based.

Analog was out on the N64 when it was released while Sony took several years to release it with the PSX. Sony didnt impliment Analogs what so ever.

Both your arguments are over in space of 2 seconds.

Next you will attempt to tell me Sony created the D-Pad.