Handheld Xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 killeryoda85
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
Does anybody know if Microsoft is making or going to make a handheld console. I was a bit disappointed when the Zune was released. I want a full on portable xbox type thingy!!!
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if the Zune in a few years time turns into that device, Microsoft must be looking at Nintendo and thinking "Hmm...there's some money to be made here!"
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts
heavily rumoured but nothing official. i think ms are waiting for the next gen of handhelds to start since they wont make much of an impact coming in now.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Considering they are allowing Rare to release games onto the DS I wouldn't hold your breath.  MS is having enough trouble with the home console market (they lost a lot of money last gen and no company no matter how rich says oh well its only money) so I think they will focus on the 360 for now, you only have to look at the psp to see what the release of a poorly thought out console can do to a previously invincible image after all.

ps. Mirlegend were u SullyTao in mir? :lol:

EricForeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EricForeman
Member since 2004 • 1423 Posts

Does anybody know if Microsoft is making or going to make a handheld console. I was a bit disappointed when the Zune was released. I want a full on portable xbox type thingy!!! killeryoda85

I'm pretty pleased with my DS.  So I'm not hurting for a handheld system.  But a full Xbox in your hand would be a nice device.  Especially if it could only play all your old disks after using your PC to rip the game to a memory card...

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
sounds like another psp fiasco where you try to turn a console into a portable.

Handhelds and consoles are very, very different.

If MS was going to make a handheld I'd prefere they create something from the ground up (like nintendo did), I'll admit the zune was dissapointing (who needs another iPod).  They should be promoting all in one devices w/ windows anywhere.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
sounds like another psp fiasco where you try to turn a console into a portable.jrhawk42
nintendo did that, i mean, the GBC was just a portable NES, the GBA was a portable SNES
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Considering they are allowing Rare to release games onto the DS I wouldn't hold your breath.  MS is having enough trouble with the home console market (they lost a lot of money last gen and no company no matter how rich says oh well its only money) so I think they will focus on the 360 for now, you only have to look at the psp to see what the release of a poorly thought out console can do to a previously invincible image after all.

ps. Mirlegend were u SullyTao in mir? :lol:

csliney
I have to agree with you about M$ release of a handheld xbox. I just can't see it in the cards right now.