Halo referenced in PS4 ad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3035 posts) -

Out of curiosity I clicked on the PS4 "Greatness Awaits" ads that have been appearing on Gamespot's main page. How amusing that when you hover your mouse cursor over Destiny, it will say "From the creators of Halo".

That's just irony at its finest, especially given how much hate the uber-successful Halo receives from Sony worshipers. Like it or not, there is a little bit of Halo's power on those PS4 ads, and one could say it's mostly Bungie trying to sell their game, but these are PS4 ads, not game ads. This just wreaks of desperation from Sony part, I don't see any other way of looking at it.

#2 Posted by Oil_Rope_Bombs (2671 posts) -

k brolando that's cool

#3 Posted by Vatusus (4691 posts) -

Well duh. Its obvious Sony wants to steal Halo fans away from the Xbox brand. Its business for you. MS would do the same if Naughty Dog or somethin happened to make a game for the xbox. You lems are getting desperate

#4 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Halo is bigger than Sony

#5 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -

Halo sells more than sex

#6 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

FACEPALM!

Bungie created a ad that said that. Since sony is getting estimated 1hr extra content. They been putting destiny in their ad's

Thats a pretty powerful wording.

You got bungie who drove halo that drove the xbox brand and xbox live and you got the people who has cod that sells 20 million copies EVERY SINGLE year

#7 Edited by Suppaman100 (3937 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

Out of curiosity I clicked on the PS4 "Greatness Awaits" ads that have been appearing on Gamespot's main page. How amusing that when you hover your mouse cursor over Destiny, it will say "From the creators of Halo".

That's just irony at its finest, especially given how much hate the uber-successful Halo receives from Sony worshipers. Like it or not, there is a little bit of Halo's power on those PS4 ads, and one could say it's mostly Bungie trying to sell their game, but these are PS4 ads, not game ads. This just wreaks of desperation from Sony part, I don't see any other way of looking at it.

Lemmings am cry that Bungie is making games for Sony now. HAHAHAHAHA

Superior version of Destiny only on PS4

(although I don't care for it, Halo was a mediocre FPS for children and brogamers imo)

#8 Edited by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

Learn to business.

From the creators of Halo and from the publishers of Call of Duty generates awareness and hype. Those are both big franchises with tens of millions of fans, herp derp, best to mention that for their new IP don't you think?

#9 Edited by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

God forbid them for highlighting Bungie success; thus increase awareness and hype for the system. I mean there're many dumbass or newcomers out there that dont even care who's behind Halo, they just look at the Halo name and automatically think it's cool.

#10 Posted by Chutebox (37356 posts) -

Quite the stupid thread.

#11 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3035 posts) -

Of course it makes sense for them to put it there, I'm just saying its ironic considering how Sony worshippers despise Halo in general, and considering that Halo is still currently in production and is MS's flagship series. In a way, that which is most hated by Sony fans, may actually help sell PS4s.....and if they were confident enough with their lineup, they wouldn't need to leave the word Halo in PS4 ads......but of course it would make perfect sense to have in the game ads.

#12 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Are you a moron OP? Sony didn't make the ad, it was Bungie and they are the creators of Halo. What a dumbass thread.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (17708 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

Disagree. I don't see Sony being desperate, I see a healthy respect for a successful franchise on a competitors console. Believe it or not, these companies respect each other more than the lowly butt kissing fans.

#14 Posted by Daious (1377 posts) -

Activision is the one stating that. They have had this type of ad for months- "From the Creators of Halo"

#15 Posted by RR360DD (11988 posts) -

We all know cows have been begging for Halo for 10+ years now, so it makes sense. This is the best they get

#16 Posted by Wasdie (50001 posts) -

But they did make Halo and anybody who has played video games in the past 10 years has heard of Halo. There is nothing wrong with backing your credentials with a very successful game series.

#17 Edited by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

Of course it makes sense for them to put it there, I'm just saying its ironic considering how Sony worshippers despise Halo in general, and considering that Halo is still currently in production and is MS's flagship series. In a way, that which is most hated by Sony fans, may actually help sell PS4s.....and if they were confident enough with their lineup, they wouldn't need to leave the word Halo in PS4 ads......but of course it would make perfect sense to have in the game ads.

This is nothing to do with Sony "worshippers".

#18 Posted by ArisShadows (22645 posts) -

Well They are kinda are. :/

Also..

@Chutebox said:

Quite the stupid thread.

#19 Posted by Promised_Trini (3628 posts) -

@RR360DD: The hell are you talking about,I don't remember any PS fans asking for Halo.

#20 Posted by cainetao11 (17708 posts) -

@SaltyMeatballs:

I want your sig to be scratch/lick n sniff

#21 Edited by Shewgenja (9620 posts) -

Make sure the bottom of that barrel is squeaky clean, Lems.

#22 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@RR360DD: crack is wack

#23 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -

When a director makes a film, but has a new publisher, do the publishers not put "the makers of x movie", despite the fact that that movie was made under a different publisher? This is nothing new.

#24 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3035 posts) -

@BadNewsBen said:

When a director makes a film, but has a new publisher, do the publishers not put "the makers of x movie", despite the fact that that movie was made under a different publisher? This is nothing new.

Good analogy, the difference here is that this is not just a game ad(I've seen that one many times before), it's a PS4 ad which includes a list of games. I've seen the Destiny poster before, the one that states from the creators of Halo, it was for all systems.....nothing odd about that, as many of you have stated.

This particular ad is for the PS4 console, and I just found it amusing and ironic that its competitors' biggest flagship series is referenced in that ad, that's all. I don't believe I ever saw something like this before. Nothing big, just a little amusing thing I noticed and posted in the spur of the moment, knowing how Sony fans hate Halo..... not trying to start a groundbreaking discussion here.

#25 Edited by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime: Yeah, I understand. It's always been a little hilarious to me that the games suck until "your" console gets them. Not that Sony is getting Halo, but they're getting Bungie.

#26 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

You mean like Microsoft, when they were presenting Sunset Overdrive they mentioned Ratchet and Clank and Resistance?

#27 Posted by youngmurk911 (3863 posts) -

well aren't they tha creators?

#28 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9834 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Are you a moron OP? Sony didn't make the ad, it was Bungie and they are the creators of Halo. What a dumbass thread.

#29 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9834 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:

You mean like Microsoft, when they were presenting Sunset Overdrive they mentioned Ratchet and Clank and Resistance?

#30 Edited by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

Bungie did create Halo. I don't see a problem with that statement.

#31 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6807 posts) -

If only Sony had a game that sold as much as Halo.

#32 Edited by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@Shottayouth13-: COD ?

it's not exclusive but it's there.... anyone with a brain that cares for gaming sees it there and if they want it they grab it.

#33 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Shottayouth13- said:

If only Sony had a game that sold as much as Halo.

Gran Turismo games sell more than Halo. Try again.

#34 Edited by princeofshapeir (14272 posts) -

It's just SO IRONIC. Publicizing that you created one of the most popular series in gaming history in an ad for your new upcoming IP? So. I. Ron. Ic.

#35 Edited by joel_c17 (2861 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Well duh. Its obvious Sony wants to steal Halo fans away from the Xbox brand. Its business for you. MS would do the same if Naughty Dog or somethin happened to make a game for the xbox. You lems are getting desperate

/Thread. Lems spin is becoming sickening.

#36 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

What's wrong with that? Bungie is multiplatform, and Halo is done by a different studio now.

#37 Edited by xWoW_Rougex (2765 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

That's just irony at its finest, especially given how much hate the uber-successful Halo receives from Sony worshipers , I don't see any other way of looking at it.

Not very ironic... Sony's audience is bigger than just obsessed worshippers but I'm not sure why I bother posting this because you're as biased as a hired xbox advertiser. For all I know you might even be one judging by your post.

#38 Posted by casharmy (6833 posts) -

So, Sony made the commercial?

lol lemmings.

#39 Posted by FinalFighters (1537 posts) -

its to generate buzz for their new IP. they do this with movies to (from the director that brought you ___ )