Halo referenced in PS4 ad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Out of curiosity I clicked on the PS4 "Greatness Awaits" ads that have been appearing on Gamespot's main page. How amusing that when you hover your mouse cursor over Destiny, it will say "From the creators of Halo".

That's just irony at its finest, especially given how much hate the uber-successful Halo receives from Sony worshipers. Like it or not, there is a little bit of Halo's power on those PS4 ads, and one could say it's mostly Bungie trying to sell their game, but these are PS4 ads, not game ads. This just wreaks of desperation from Sony part, I don't see any other way of looking at it.

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts

k brolando that's cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Well duh. Its obvious Sony wants to steal Halo fans away from the Xbox brand. Its business for you. MS would do the same if Naughty Dog or somethin happened to make a game for the xbox. You lems are getting desperate

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Halo is bigger than Sony

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts

Halo sells more than sex

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

FACEPALM!

Bungie created a ad that said that. Since sony is getting estimated 1hr extra content. They been putting destiny in their ad's

Thats a pretty powerful wording.

You got bungie who drove halo that drove the xbox brand and xbox live and you got the people who has cod that sells 20 million copies EVERY SINGLE year

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Out of curiosity I clicked on the PS4 "Greatness Awaits" ads that have been appearing on Gamespot's main page. How amusing that when you hover your mouse cursor over Destiny, it will say "From the creators of Halo".

That's just irony at its finest, especially given how much hate the uber-successful Halo receives from Sony worshipers. Like it or not, there is a little bit of Halo's power on those PS4 ads, and one could say it's mostly Bungie trying to sell their game, but these are PS4 ads, not game ads. This just wreaks of desperation from Sony part, I don't see any other way of looking at it.

Lemmings am cry that Bungie is making games for Sony now. HAHAHAHAHA

Superior version of Destiny only on PS4

(although I don't care for it, Halo was a mediocre FPS for children and brogamers imo)

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Learn to business.

From the creators of Halo and from the publishers of Call of Duty generates awareness and hype. Those are both big franchises with tens of millions of fans, herp derp, best to mention that for their new IP don't you think?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

God forbid them for highlighting Bungie success; thus increase awareness and hype for the system. I mean there're many dumbass or newcomers out there that dont even care who's behind Halo, they just look at the Halo name and automatically think it's cool.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Quite the stupid thread.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alucard_Prime

Of course it makes sense for them to put it there, I'm just saying its ironic considering how Sony worshippers despise Halo in general, and considering that Halo is still currently in production and is MS's flagship series. In a way, that which is most hated by Sony fans, may actually help sell PS4s.....and if they were confident enough with their lineup, they wouldn't need to leave the word Halo in PS4 ads......but of course it would make perfect sense to have in the game ads.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Are you a moron OP? Sony didn't make the ad, it was Bungie and they are the creators of Halo. What a dumbass thread.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Disagree. I don't see Sony being desperate, I see a healthy respect for a successful franchise on a competitors console. Believe it or not, these companies respect each other more than the lowly butt kissing fans.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Activision is the one stating that. They have had this type of ad for months- "From the Creators of Halo"

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

We all know cows have been begging for Halo for 10+ years now, so it makes sense. This is the best they get

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

But they did make Halo and anybody who has played video games in the past 10 years has heard of Halo. There is nothing wrong with backing your credentials with a very successful game series.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Of course it makes sense for them to put it there, I'm just saying its ironic considering how Sony worshippers despise Halo in general, and considering that Halo is still currently in production and is MS's flagship series. In a way, that which is most hated by Sony fans, may actually help sell PS4s.....and if they were confident enough with their lineup, they wouldn't need to leave the word Halo in PS4 ads......but of course it would make perfect sense to have in the game ads.

This is nothing to do with Sony "worshippers".

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Well They are kinda are. :/

Also..

@Chutebox said:

Quite the stupid thread.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

@RR360DD: The hell are you talking about,I don't remember any PS fans asking for Halo.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#20 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SaltyMeatballs:

I want your sig to be scratch/lick n sniff

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Make sure the bottom of that barrel is squeaky clean, Lems.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@RR360DD: crack is wack

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts

When a director makes a film, but has a new publisher, do the publishers not put "the makers of x movie", despite the fact that that movie was made under a different publisher? This is nothing new.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@BadNewsBen said:

When a director makes a film, but has a new publisher, do the publishers not put "the makers of x movie", despite the fact that that movie was made under a different publisher? This is nothing new.

Good analogy, the difference here is that this is not just a game ad(I've seen that one many times before), it's a PS4 ad which includes a list of games. I've seen the Destiny poster before, the one that states from the creators of Halo, it was for all systems.....nothing odd about that, as many of you have stated.

This particular ad is for the PS4 console, and I just found it amusing and ironic that its competitors' biggest flagship series is referenced in that ad, that's all. I don't believe I ever saw something like this before. Nothing big, just a little amusing thing I noticed and posted in the spur of the moment, knowing how Sony fans hate Halo..... not trying to start a groundbreaking discussion here.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Yeah, I understand. It's always been a little hilarious to me that the games suck until "your" console gets them. Not that Sony is getting Halo, but they're getting Bungie.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

You mean like Microsoft, when they were presenting Sunset Overdrive they mentioned Ratchet and Clank and Resistance?

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

well aren't they tha creators?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Are you a moron OP? Sony didn't make the ad, it was Bungie and they are the creators of Halo. What a dumbass thread.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Trail_Mix said:

You mean like Microsoft, when they were presenting Sunset Overdrive they mentioned Ratchet and Clank and Resistance?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Bungie did create Halo. I don't see a problem with that statement.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

If only Sony had a game that sold as much as Halo.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Shottayouth13-: COD ?

it's not exclusive but it's there.... anyone with a brain that cares for gaming sees it there and if they want it they grab it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Shottayouth13- said:

If only Sony had a game that sold as much as Halo.

Gran Turismo games sell more than Halo. Try again.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

It's just SO IRONIC. Publicizing that you created one of the most popular series in gaming history in an ad for your new upcoming IP? So. I. Ron. Ic.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Well duh. Its obvious Sony wants to steal Halo fans away from the Xbox brand. Its business for you. MS would do the same if Naughty Dog or somethin happened to make a game for the xbox. You lems are getting desperate

/Thread. Lems spin is becoming sickening.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

That's just irony at its finest, especially given how much hate the uber-successful Halo receives from Sony worshipers , I don't see any other way of looking at it.

Not very ironic... Sony's audience is bigger than just obsessed worshippers but I'm not sure why I bother posting this because you're as biased as a hired xbox advertiser. For all I know you might even be one judging by your post.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

So, Sony made the commercial?

lol lemmings.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

its to generate buzz for their new IP. they do this with movies to (from the director that brought you ___ )