KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

https://www.eurogamer.net/halo-infinite-winter-update-release-time-uk-cet-est-pst-9001

The arrival of Halo Infinite Winter Update is easily the biggest update to the game since its launch back in late 2021.

Coming are several long-awaited features we've been waiting for - including campaign co-op and the Forge beta.

On the multiplayer side, there's a free Battle Pass, two new maps, a new mode and revamps to how XP works - plenty to keep you going in Halo Infinite until the delayed Season 3 arrives next year, in other words.

Halo Infinite Winter Update release time in UK / GMT, CET, EST and PST

Halo Infinite's Winter Update will be available on Tuesday, 8th November 2022. The official release time is as follows:

• UK: 6pm (GMT)
  • Europe: 7pm (CET)
  • East Coast US: 1pm (EST)
  • West Coast US: 10am (PST)

In order words, this is around the usual weekly reset - meaning you can finish off the current week's challenges before the update begins.

Based on the Season 2 update, developer 343 Industries said servers would be offline for an hour from when downtime begins - and we imagine it'll be the same here (the following image describes the times as the 'rollout' - so it's possible it's when servers go down and not when the update is fully live - we'll wait and see).

Either way, for those in Europe, you have to wait until the evening before you can start downloading and playing.

As with all live service games, expect the possibility of delays or downtime taking longer than anticipated.

Halo Infinite Winter Update is here, ushing in the Halo Infinite co-op release date. Starting the story? Learn how to download and install the Halo Infinite campaign and lists of skull locations, Mjolnir Armor Lockers and Spartan Cores. including those for the commando rifle, fusion coil and a killing spree. If you're looking to step up the challenge, then Halo Infinite's ranking system is waiting.

What is featured in the Halo Infinite Winter Update?

The 'Winter Update' is a stopgap while we wait for the delayed Season 3, and is easily the most significant since Halo Infinite's launch, with every mode in the game receiving some long-awaited additions and changes.

Highlights include:

• The long-awaited arrival of campaign co-op - you can watch an early preview thanks to the insider beta thanks to Digital Foundry
  • Forge - Halo's map-creation mode - will be launching in beta, albeit with "immense functionality" at launch that will "continue to improve and evolve over time". It's a soft launch, basically, and though there will be no in-game tutorials, there is an official Forge Fundamentals series you can start scrubbing up on now
  • A free Battle Pass with 30 tiers, largely inspired by Halo: Reach cosmetics

• New multiplayer maps Argyle and Detachment, both of which have been built entirely in the new Forge mode.

• Multiplayer mode Covert One Flag, a variant of One Flag CTF which sees one side of attackers armed with Active Camo, and defenders with Threat Sensors, all in a bid to grab a single flag.
  • The addition of in-match XP bonuses, rewarding players based on their performance - such as being part of the winning team and being one of the top performers - as well as the current match completion and challenge reward systems.
  • The Ultimate Challenge will now only require 10 Challenges per week - and have been changed to be completed in any playlist, not just specific modes.
  • The return of "the most popular" Ultimate Rewards from previous seasons during the Winter Update period for those who missed them.
  • Introduction of rotating playlists, with a 'core' playlist slot (starting with Covert One Flag) and a 'social' playlist slot (more experimental or laidback modes, essentially - such as Social Slayer and Rumble Pit) updating every two weeks alternatively - meaning there will be a new playlist each week.
  • Various sandbox weapon tweaks - including increasing damage to the Plasma Pistol, the effectiveness of the Pulse Carbine and VK78 Commando at short range, a nerf to the BR and more; full details can be seen on the official Waypoint site.
  • Phew- that's quite a lot! Whatever you're interested in - enjoy the Winter Updated!

===========================================================================

What say you fellow Halo/Xbox fans? Are you excited for this big update? Are you going to "Jump In"? I am happy to see that campaign co-op is finally going live. I might have to go through this with my son. Feel free to chime in below!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6190 Posts

It's a great big update - impressive

It's should have been in from start - not so impressive

I'll give this another go because Halo goes deep with me, but it better impress.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts

Halo is back baby, heck yeah. Time to go through campaign again, but with my friend. Going to be a blast.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44243 Posts

lol :P

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11697 Posts

I'll give it a try tonight.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

😂😂😂Ragnarok will obliterate an update to an irrelevant game😂😂😂

I hope the 13 gamers left on the servers enjoy forge😆

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice  Online

Once again, Halo on the front burner!! :D

Anything new coming out for the other systems? Who cares right. lol :P

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11697 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Naw, Warzone 2 is what will obliterate it.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8320 Posts

i'll be back on Infinite for the update..

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44474 Posts

Very good stuff in there indeed. I’ll have to jump back into this in the next day or two and check some of this stuff out.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

And isn't it funny that the devs are using forge to release official maps? wtf kind of bs is that?🤣A developer is supposed to be able to create maps with assets that are not in the game lmao. The amount of laziness is at an all time high with this developer. Soon, they will be adding random scopes to current weapons and call them as a new weapon🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@fedor said:
@hardwenzen said:

Naw, Warzone 2 is what will obliterate it.

Of course. After Warzone 2 is released, from 13 players on their servers, they'll be left with 2, maybe 3. Lets hope 343i devs love their game cuz they'll be the only ones left on the servers.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice  Online

What people create with this Forge are going to be outta this world AmazeBalls!!! :D

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KvallyX

Yeah, the Forge is INSANE. It's cool that they are giving users their same engine essentially.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SecretPolice  Online

good stuff!! lol :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371  Online

@SecretPolice: Delicious stuff indeed. lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SecretPolice  Online

@Archangel3371:

Yeah man. This gens Halo vines may have produced the finest whines of all time....

343i is committed to serving no whines before their time. lolol :P

FPSGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FPSGOD
Member since 2015 • 200 Posts

Halo's back. John Halo is back.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371  Online

@SecretPolice: Time to stock up on cheese and crackers. lol

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KvallyX

@girlusocrazy said:

Still no single player content, still crap MP game modes, still crap battle pass rewards, still crap challenges, still crap progression

Dat salt....

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Uh oh,how can cows enjoy 9 out of 10 Ragnarok when 9 out of 10 halo infinite resides free of rent in their heads

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8362 Posts

Forge mode looks very robust. Crazy the stuff fans have made with it pre launch. That's what has me most excited.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24  Edited By kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Feels like a day late and a dollar short which doesn't ultimately address the problems with the multiplayer structure and F2P play structure which leaves it feeling woefully lacking to prior Halo releases with a dedicated multiplayer mode as part of the complete package.

But hey now 343 can tell anyone pointing out what a shitty job they've done with Halo Infinite to do it themselves now that Forge is here so that's something.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KvallyX

@kejigoto said:

Feels like a day late and a dollar short which doesn't ultimately address the problems with the multiplayer structure and F2P play structure which leaves it feeling woefully lacking to prior Halo releases with a dedicated multiplayer mode as part of the complete package.

But hey now 343 can tell anyone pointing out what a shitty job they've done with Halo Infinite to do it themselves now that Forge is here so that's something.

Luckily, they have addressed the vast majority of concerns since the release up to and including this update.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KvallyX

Let's GOOOOOOO!!

Loading Video...

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kejigoto

@kvallyx:

FPSGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FPSGOD
Member since 2015 • 200 Posts
@kvallyx said:

Let's GOOOOOOO!!

Loading Video...

Holy Guy Fawkes. Campaign co-op looks SICK. The grapple hook with co-op changes everything. Look at that sick move at 1:21!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8362 Posts

Mark my words

Forge is going to become one of the greatest tools in any MP game ever.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KvallyX

@kejigoto said:

@kvallyx:

Ah, YEAH.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2258 Posts

Still no words on new SP content?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3488 Posts

Yeah, I would enjoy a nice little story dlc like they did with Gears 5.

Really want to play around with Forge but I fear it could become too much of a time sinker.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kejigoto

@kvallyx:

Oh so it's no longer a F2P multiplayer setup with a cash shop?

I must have missed the update where they carved all that bullshit out to make it a complete experience which doesn't try to nickel and dime you at every turn or annoy you into spending money or just offering something you can't otherwise unlock while using predatory FOMO practices to get people to spend even more money.

Cool that they moved away from that shitty business model and brought the multiplayer more in line with prior releases including the simple ability to stay in a fucking lobby between matches.

Wait they didn't?

So then they didn't actually fix the problem. Cool story.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Still can't get over the visuals of this game. Looks like a 360 or even an original Xbox game with updated resolution.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hardwenzen
@joshrmeyer said:

Still can't get over the visuals of this game. Looks like a 360 or even an original Xbox game with updated resolution.

Exactly. Couldn't get over it either. And its funny to me, lots of people are damage controlling these visuals, trying to pretend like it "looks fine". Like what??? Hello? What do you mean it looks fine? It looks like garbage compared to ANY open world titles released in the last few years and not made by Bethesda, and that's "fine" to you? Double standards for a flagship title. Sad.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56348 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Still no single player content, still crap MP game modes, still crap battle pass rewards, still crap challenges, still crap progression

We're getting Raytracing update for SP but I don't know if that's coming to Xbox consoles as this update is more for PC.

I'll return to this game just for RT.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hardwenzen

@davillain said:
@girlusocrazy said:

We're getting Raytracing update for SP but I don't know if that's coming to Xbox consoles as this update is more for PC.

Why tho? When the game looks this simple, better lighting won't add much. You can tell from a mile that this game was created for the original Xbone in mind. The geometry detail in this game is straight up from the ps360 era. RT won't do anything to how empty, blocky and static everything is in that game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KvallyX

@kejigoto said:

@kvallyx:

Oh so it's no longer a F2P multiplayer setup with a cash shop?

I must have missed the update where they carved all that bullshit out to make it a complete experience which doesn't try to nickel and dime you at every turn or annoy you into spending money or just offering something you can't otherwise unlock while using predatory FOMO practices to get people to spend even more money.

Cool that they moved away from that shitty business model and brought the multiplayer more in line with prior releases including the simple ability to stay in a fucking lobby between matches.

Wait they didn't?

So then they didn't actually fix the problem. Cool story.

Sounds like you are having a fun conversation with yourself 👍😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Why tho? When the game looks this simple, better lighting won't add much. You can tell from a mile that this game was created for the original Xbone in mind. The geometry detail in this game is straight up from the ps360 era. RT won't do anything to how empty, blocky and static everything is in that game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34747 Posts

Got zero interest for everything except co-op, which I will try soon. I don't expect a great game, but I think I might have some fun at least.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:
@girlusocrazy said:

comparing apples and oranges again.

Which you said cannot be done.

Hypocrite

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice  Online

This game will just keep on giving like no other game before it. :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SecretPolice  Online

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#45 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6107 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Then don’t play it??🤷‍♂️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Hypocrite

To you, its like comparing apples to oranges because Horizon2 is two galaxies above in visuals and variety of biomes🤣Its not even a flagship title and it demolishes Halo Infinite.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Hypocrite

To you, its like comparing apples to oranges because Horizon2 is two galaxies above in visuals and variety of biomes🤣Its not even a flagship title and it demolishes Halo Infinite.

Why are you continuing to compare.

YOU said this COULD NOT BE DONE.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:

Hypocrite

Your game is so far behind HZD🤣I hope you understand how outdated your flagship title is compared to a random open world titles from Sony.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tdkmillsy
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Hypocrite

Your game is so far behind HZD🤣I hope you understand how outdated your flagship title is compared to a random open world titles from Sony.

"

"Did you just compared a live service game to a singleplayer title from 2018/2022? That's not even like you're trying to compare apples to oranges. That's like comparing apples to rocks. You outdid yourself, tdkmillsy."

YOUR WORDS

Keep it up, you just look stupid.