Halo DS a reality?!?!

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Disturbed_One98
Disturbed_One98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Disturbed_One98
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts

According to Matt from IGN, he talks about Halo for DS and says, "nay sayers are going to be owned next week..." Take this for a grain of salt, but i'm excited in the possibilities! Here is a link to the Gonintendo Wii-k in review article which states this information.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=19679

Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts

According to Matt from IGN, he talks about Halo for DS and says, "nay sayers are going to be owned next week..." Take this for a grain of salt, but i'm excited in the possibilities! Here is a link to the Gonintendo Wii-k in review article which states this information.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=19679

Disturbed_One98

HOMG LAWLZ DOWNGARDE CONFERMEDED!

HAR HAR HAR.

:|

I blame moses.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
More DS pwnage.
easteast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 easteast
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts
I don't think it would work out too well.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I don't think it would work out too well. easteast

Right now, DS is the best system for FPS on portable.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
After seeing BiA on teh DS I'm interested to soo how this would work out
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

[QUOTE="easteast"]I don't think it would work out too well. Hir0_N

Doesn't = good game.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Awsome. Just need to make it online.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

Don't you mean the one who sucks less ?

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
For some reason, I don't think FPS belong on handhelds. Maybe it's because of controls feeling awkward for a FPS game, or maybe it's because I'm just really sick and tired of FPS.
zerooslo7990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zerooslo7990
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
It might not be a FPS, it could be a side scroller, or something of that nature.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

It could turn out OK.

MPH wasn't a bad game, nor was it great though. I dunno, not really into FPS games on a handheld.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I heard something about Halo on the DS a long time ago from a friend. I doubt it. Halo belongs to Bungie, which is a second-party company to Microsoft. Microsoft develop for a Nintendo system? >_>
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
Damn it, I might have to throw my PSP away and buy a DS if Halo DS is actually coming.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Forza_2

I heard something about Halo on the DS a long time ago from a friend. I doubt it. Halo belongs to Bungie, which is a second-party company to Microsoft. Microsoft develop for a Nintendo system? >_>PannicAtack

Microsoft doesn't seem to care much.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157148

" Whether you're talking about [publishing games on] mobile or the DS -- you probably won't see it on the PSP, though."

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

I heard something about Halo on the DS a long time ago from a friend. I doubt it. Halo belongs to Bungie, which is a second-party company to Microsoft. Microsoft develop for a Nintendo system? >_>PannicAtack

They let Rare and Mistwalker do it, so it is possible I suppose, but I agree it's unlikely.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
No. No. NO.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Since Bungie hasn't said anything at all about Nintendo getting Halo, I'll go with bogus.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
Microsoft owns Bungie, as well as the rights to Halo, Master Chief, and any derivative works... all of the content produced for Halo - toys, books, videogames, posters, et cetera requires MS to sign off. Microsoft isn't handing their system selling series over to anyone.

I really hate how fanboys will even consider this kind of lie legitimate *at all*. If you heard Mario Galaxy was being released on the Xbox 360, would you believe it? Same thing.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Forza_2

Microsoft owns Bungie, as well as the rights to Halo, Master Chief, and any derivative works... all of the content produced for Halo - toys, books, videogames, posters, et cetera requires MS to sign off. Microsoft isn't handing their system selling series over to anyone.

I really hate how fanboys will even consider this kind of lie legitimate *at all*. If you heard Mario Galaxy was being released on the Xbox 360, would you believe it? Same thing. subrosian

It's not the same thing. Microsoft doesn't compete in the handheld market.

PS: Read my 1up link.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Damn it, I might have to throw my PSP away and buy a DS if Halo DS is actually coming.Kayrod29
Which it's not
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Microsoft owns Bungie, as well as the rights to Halo, Master Chief, and any derivative works... all of the content produced for Halo - toys, books, videogames, posters, et cetera requires MS to sign off. Microsoft isn't handing their system selling series over to anyone.

I really hate how fanboys will even consider this kind of lie legitimate *at all*. If you heard Mario Galaxy was being released on the Xbox 360, would you believe it? Same thing. Forza_2

It's not the same thing. Microsoft doesn't compete in the handheld market.

PS: Read my 1up link.

I've read the information on this - it's inaccurate, and completely misunderstands the point of owning an IP. Do you know why Microsoft owns Bungie? So they can make sure Halo never winds up on any other platform. That's it. End of discussion - Microsoft could care less about making a few million by releasing a "Halo DS" from their software development side, they're out to make their console huge and generate licensing fees. These articles and rumors come from the pipe dreams of people who seem to completely understands Microsoft's goals as a corporation.

"But they don't have their own handheld!" - so the frack what? Sony didn't have a handheld in the PS1 days, you didn't see them developing Gameboy games, now did you? If you want Halo, get a 360.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Forza_2

subrosian

"1UP:Would you guys ever be open to MS first party games appearing on handhelds, like the Nintendo DS?

SK: We do it today. We don't publish those titles directly ourselves, we are creating intellectual property that have great appeal to customers of handheld devices. Whether you're talking about mobile or the DS -- you probably won't see it on the PSP, though.

1UP:But Nintendo is A-OK?

SK: Nintendo's fine. Particularly when you talk about some of our titles from Rare. A Kameo or a Viva Pinata on a DS makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways from a franchise perspective."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157297

Wait... what's that ? Nintendo is fine ?

What were you saying again ???

:lol:

-DarthVader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 -DarthVader-
Member since 2003 • 12590 Posts

Rare developes for the GBA & DS.... so why would bungie be any different?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"] Forza_2

"1UP:Would you guys ever be open to MS first party games appearing on handhelds, like the Nintendo DS?

SK: We do it today. We don't publish those titles directly ourselves, we are creating intellectual property that have great appeal to customers of handheld devices. Whether you're talking about mobile or the DS -- you probably won't see it on the PSP, though.

1UP:But Nintendo is A-OK?

SK: Nintendo's fine. Particularly when you talk about some of our titles from Rare. A Kameo or a Viva Pinata on a DS makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways from a franchise perspective."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157297

Wait... what's that ? Nintendo is fine ?

What were you saying again ???

:lol:

Not one of Microsoft's upper executives, the people who ultimately set company direction and determine what happens. Rare needs to learn to keep their mouth shut, they're on a thin rope in terms of profitability already. You will see Halo on a Nintendo platform on the first of *never* - this interview doesn't leave the door open. Steve Ballmer eats ten pounds of lead for breakfast and craps out a cannon by lunchtime. He once threw a chair at an employee who gave him two weeks notice to go work for Google. His kids *can't* use Google, they're not allowed to say the word "iPod" in the house - if you think he's going to start playing friendly with the competition, you're in an amazing land called "fantasy".

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 subrosian

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]I heard something about Halo on the DS a long time ago from a friend. I doubt it. Halo belongs to Bungie, which is a second-party company to Microsoft. Microsoft develop for a Nintendo system? >_>-DarthVader-

Rare developes for the GBA & DS.... so why would bungie be any different?

It should be *common sense* - because Microsoft isn't going to put their most important franchise on a competitor's platform. They are discussing titles like Viva Pinata and Kameo that sold as well as a lead balloon... let's make a bet though - every day that Halo is *not* on a Nintendo platform, you can't sleep, and every day that it is, I can't sleep. You're gonna need a lot of coffee, because the first of never is a long ways away.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Forza_2

Not one of Microsoft's upper executives, the people who ultimately set company direction and determine what happens. Rare needs to learn to keep their mouth shut, they're on a thin rope in terms of profitability already. You will see Halo on a Nintendo platform on the first of *never* - this interview doesn't leave the door open. Steve Ballmer eats ten pounds of lead for breakfast and craps out a cannon by lunchtime. He once threw a chair at an employee who gave him two weeks notice to go work for Google. His kids *can't* use Google, they're not allowed to say the word "iPod" in the house - if you think he's going to start playing friendly with the competition, you're in an amazing land called "fantasy".subrosian

You should start reading what I write because you're in serious denial here.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Not one of Microsoft's upper executives, the people who ultimately set company direction and determine what happens. Rare needs to learn to keep their mouth shut, they're on a thin rope in terms of profitability already. You will see Halo on a Nintendo platform on the first of *never* - this interview doesn't leave the door open. Steve Ballmer eats ten pounds of lead for breakfast and craps out a cannon by lunchtime. He once threw a chair at an employee who gave him two weeks notice to go work for Google. His kids *can't* use Google, they're not allowed to say the word "iPod" in the house - if you think he's going to start playing friendly with the competition, you're in an amazing land called "fantasy".Forza_2

You should start reading what I write because you're in serious denial here.

I read what you wrote - if you don't believe *reality* then take the bet, Starbucks could use another addict. Microsoft will *never* release Halo on a Nintendo platform, period. Your arcticle listing an interview with Rare (not the same developer) discussing Viva Pinata and Kameo as having possibilities on the DS means *nothing*. It certainly has little do do with Microsoft / Bungie. Use some common sense, Halo drives 360 sales, if you put it on the DS, fewer people will buy 360s, fewer people will pay for Xbox LIVE, et cetera - it's not worth a couple million dollars to blow away hundreds of thousands of dollars. Common. Freaking. Sense. Microsoft is not putting their key IP on a competing platform.

If you don't want to accept that, there's nothing more I can do for you. You may as well choose to believe that Bill Gates and Miyamoto are going to show up at your house one day, and bring you signed copies of all the Mario games, and a piping hot pizza while you're fantasizing.
PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

Won't happen. Matt probably got a disease from Perrin Kaplan and isn't thinking straight.
Rare making Diddy Kong Racing is completely different from Bungie making Halo DS.

And let's just say it does happen. Nobody will care, it will be inferior anyways. The Sheep constantly make fun of Halo franchise's success, but when it's announced as a rumor on an inferior-powered system, they drool. Doesnt make sense. Go ahead and enjoy the pixelated mess, remember DS = roughly N64 graphics. Now imagine how awful the environment and enemies will look, how cramped, simplified, and slower it will be.

deathmasterk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deathmasterk
Member since 2006 • 716 Posts
if it does happen i will be shocked.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Forza_2

I read what you wrote - if you don't believe *reality* then take the bet, Starbucks could use another addict. Microsoft will *never* release Halo on a Nintendo platform, period. Your arcticle listing an interview with Rare (not the same publisher) discussing Viva Pinata and Kameo as having possibilities on the DS means *nothing*. It certainly has little do do with Microsoft / Bungie. Use some common sense, Halo drives 360 sales, if you put it on the DS, fewer people will buy 360s, fewer people will pay for Xbox LIVE, et cetera - it's not worth a couple million dollars to blow away hundreds of thousands of dollars. Common. Freaking. Sense.

If you don't want to accept that, there's nothing more I can do for you. You may as well choose to believe that Bill Gates and Miyamoto are going to show up at your house one day, and bring you signed copies of all the Mario games, and a piping hot pizza while you're fantasizing.subrosian

Wow, you're really a clueless one.

First, that interview was NOT with Rare. It was with Microsoft Corporate Vice President Shane Kim.

Second, Microsoft OWNS Rare.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 subrosian

Won't happen. Matt probably got a disease from Perrin Kaplan and isn't thinking straight.
Rare making Diddy Kong Racing is completely different from Bungie making Halo DS.

And let's just say it does happen. Nobody will care, it will be inferior anyways. The Sheep constantly make fun of Halo franchise's success, but when it's announced as a rumor on an inferior-powered system, they drool. Doesnt make sense. Go ahead and enjoy the pixelated mess, remember DS = roughly N64 graphics. Now imagine how awful the environment and enemies will look, how cramped, simplified, and slower it will be.

PhoebusFlows

Don't even go that far - one, it's simply going to end up in a rant about how graphics don't matter, and two, by even suggesting it's possible you let the people who believe these rumors feel justified.

You can believe there's an Illuminati, or you can realize that all the rich Ivy league kids were just getting drunk in a graveyard calling themselves "skull and crossbones", and their success in politics has more to do with having incredibly wealthy, well-connected families than what they did in college.

I choose to live in reality, where Halo isn't coming to my DS, and I'm okay with that. I don't believe the world is run by space lizards, nor do I listen to some string of rumors justified by an interview with a different developer being taken out of context. Life is just fine when I'm honest about it, I don't feel the need to get my hopes upoversomethingthat'sobviouslybogus or lie to myself about what's going to happen.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts

I really hate how fanboys will even consider this kind of lie legitimate *at all*. If you heard Mario Galaxy was being released on the Xbox 360, would you believe it? Same thing. subrosian

He says naysayers are gooing to be owned next week so that doesnt really mean that it will be announced as a game. It could be that bungie or MS are going to tell the public that it once was in developement.

Although Sabrosian you usually have smart interesting comments on SW subjects this one your off the mark. While MS owns some of Bungie, bungie is considered 2nd party. Not first. Mario is a first party character.

Example:

Rare is second party and many believed at that time that the rumors of a rare developed title on DS would not happen. Many of the reasons are the same you have stated above. Shortly after it seemed less likely that this rumor was true after MS officially debunked the rumor and said that the studio had no plans for a DS game. Lo and behold a year later MS gave them the go-ahead to make the Wifi enabled Diddy Kong Racing game.

MS is not in the handheld market so its in their best interest to capitalize on it by letting their studios develope for the widely popular handheld. Remember, to MS its about the money. And if they don't even have a handheld than it makes sense finacially. Not to mention other IGN editors have backed matt up on the statement that Halo DS once was in developement.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"]
I read what you wrote - if you don't believe *reality* then take the bet, Starbucks could use another addict. Microsoft will *never* release Halo on a Nintendo platform, period. Your arcticle listing an interview with Rare (not the same publisher) discussing Viva Pinata and Kameo as having possibilities on the DS means *nothing*. It certainly has little do do with Microsoft / Bungie. Use some common sense, Halo drives 360 sales, if you put it on the DS, fewer people will buy 360s, fewer people will pay for Xbox LIVE, et cetera - it's not worth a couple million dollars to blow away hundreds of thousands of dollars. Common. Freaking. Sense.

If you don't want to accept that, there's nothing more I can do for you. You may as well choose to believe that Bill Gates and Miyamoto are going to show up at your house one day, and bring you signed copies of all the Mario games, and a piping hot pizza while you're fantasizing.Forza_2

Wow, you're really a clueless one.

First, that interview was NOT with Rare. It was with Microsoft Corporate Vice President Shane Kim.

Second, Microsoft OWNS Rare.

Talk to Steve Ballmer if you want to know the business strategy beyond Microsoft. In any case, if you can't understand why Microsoft *is never* going to put their key, system selling titles, on a competing (yes competiting) company's product, then there's nothing I can do for you. Stay out of business, that's about all I have to say. Viva Pinata and Kameo ARE NOT the same titles to Microsoft that HALO and GEARS OF WAR are. You don't throw away your core strengths, period.

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts

halo will not come on the ds

Avatar image for AtomicLightbulb
AtomicLightbulb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AtomicLightbulb
Member since 2004 • 3721 Posts

Uggh...No me gustan los videojuegos de FPS en los PSP o DS.

I don't know why I felt the urge to speak in Spanish there.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Japanese_Monk

PhoebusFlows

I could be considered a sheep. But Im more lemming than sheep. I have a 360 and Halo 1, 2 and even participated in the beta. Dont generalize sheep and say that none care about halo. Cause your wrong. Second. Look at Ninja Gaiden and Brothers in Arms. Well just have to wait and see.

Avatar image for SargeSatanstein
SargeSatanstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargeSatanstein
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

Who wants to play FPS's on a hand-held?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Microsoft owns Bungie, as well as the rights to Halo, Master Chief, and any derivative works... all of the content produced for Halo - toys, books, videogames, posters, et cetera requires MS to sign off. Microsoft isn't handing their system selling series over to anyone.

I really hate how fanboys will even consider this kind of lie legitimate *at all*. If you heard Mario Galaxy was being released on the Xbox 360, would you believe it? Same thing. Japanese_Monk

He says naysayers are gooing to be owned next week so that doesnt really mean that it will be announced as a game. It could be that bungie or MS are going to tell the public that it once was in developement.

Although Sabrosian you usually have smart interesting comments on SW subjects this one your off the mark. While MS owns some of Bungie, bungie is considered 2nd party. Not first. Mario is a first party character.

Example:

Rare is second party and many believed at that time that the rumors of a rare developed title on DS would not happen. Many of the reasons are the same you have stated above. Shortly after it seemed less likely that this rumor was true after MS officially debunked the rumor and said that the studio had no plans for a DS game. Lo and behold a year later MS gave them the go-ahead to make the Wifi enabled Diddy Kong Racing game.

MS is not in the handheld market so its in their best interest to capitalize on it by letting their studios develope for the widely popular handheld. Remember, to MS its about the money. And if they don't even have a handheld than it makes sense finacially. Not to mention other IGN editors have backed matt up on the statement that Halo DS once was in developement.

It's piss poor strategy if Microsoft does this - the Nintendo fan who owns a DS would skip buying a 360 "oh it's the same game" and it kills the system selling power of your core title. I don't see it happening. Microsoft might want to make money off a title like Viva Pinata or Kameo that, let's face it, didn't do well on the 360, but why would they move their key franchise over to the DS?

Do a little fact checking about the DS audience, and the 360 audience, and you realize they would be handing Nintendo massive handheld sales in the form of Halo fanatics migrating for the latest title. No, it's never going to happen, and if it was in development it will have been scraped now, especially with Nintendo chomping the kind of market share it has been lately. The last thing Microsoft wants to do is give you another reason not to buy the 360 on top of the price tag.

Microsoft has rights to Halo, in any case, something they don't have so much with Gears of War or some of the other Rare titles - how free Rare is to put a few titles on the DS, I don't know, I suppose to a degree that's up to MS - but again, common sense, they're not going to put their system-selling title on a cheaper platform.

When you add in Microsoft's plans to get into mobile gaming sometime in the future, it makes even less sense.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts
[QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

subrosian

Don't even go that far - one, it's simply going to end up in a rant about how graphics don't matter, and two, by even suggesting it's possible you let the people who believe these rumors feel justified.

You can believe there's an Illuminati, or you can realize that all the rich Ivy league kids were just getting drunk in a graveyard calling themselves "skull and crossbones", and their success in politics has more to do with having incredibly wealthy, well-connected families than what they did in college.

I choose to live in reality, where Halo isn't coming to my DS, and I'm okay with that. I don't believe the world is run by space lizards, nor do I listen to some string of rumors justified by an interview with a different developer being taken out of context. Life is just fine when I'm honest about it, I don't feel the need to get my hopes upoversomethingthat'sobviouslybogus or lie to myself about what's going to happen.

I am with you there.

I am getting different answers and interpretations from the sheep about this news. Some say Matt is only going to show that Halo was at one time going to a Nintendo system. Big deal, like I said, this is old news and EGM already showed pics of early Halo projects long ago.

Other sheep are saying Halo DS will be announced for sure. I say it won't happen. The fact there are so many different inpretations and assumptions made from the same article only means even the sheep aren;t sure, and are jumping to conclusions, maybe desperately hoping such a killer franchise could bless their system? After making fun of Halo 3 and calling it overrated, generic space-marine shooter #423, you still act excited when it comes to your system?

Doesn't make sense.

Doesn't make sense.

Doesn't make sense.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Japanese_Monk

You'd think the argument would stop after Forza_2 posted that interview with Shane Kim. :? Denial is so hilarious. Sabrosian just stop. Theres no way you can twist or skew that article.

So far the mounting facts are ridiculously obvious.

1. Rare is 2nd party and developed for DS

2. Bungie is 2nd party

3. MS says that their studios are OK to develope DS games but not PSP games. quote "Nintendo is OK"

Its sad to see such ignorance. Its entirely possible for Bungie to make Halo DS based upon these three simple facts.

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tnasty11
sheeps are for Halo funny
Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tnasty11
Where did Bungie say Halo Will go to the DS
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Forza_2

the Nintendo fan who owns a DS would skip buying a 360 "oh it's the same game" and it kills the system selling power of your core title. subrosian

ROFL :lol:

Guy1: Hey, let's play some Halo 3 online on the 360 man !

Guy2: Nah, I'm bored with it already... I beat Halo on my DS few days ago !

:lol: :lol:

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Japanese_Monk

It's piss poor strategy if Microsoft does this - the Nintendo fan who owns a DS would skip buying a 360 "oh it's the same game" and it kills the system selling power of your core title. I don't see it happening. Microsoft might want to make money off a title like Viva Pinata or Kameo that, let's face it, didn't do well on the 360, but why would they move their key franchise over to the DS?

Do a little fact checking about the DS audience, and the 360 audience, and you realize they would be handing Nintendo massive handheld sales in the form of Halo fanatics migrating for the latest title. No, it's never going to happen, and if it was in development it will have been scraped now, especially with Nintendo chomping the kind of market share it has been lately. The last thing Microsoft wants to do is give you another reason not to buy the 360 on top of the price tag.

Microsoft has rights to Halo, in any case, something they don't have so much with Gears of War or some of the other Rare titles - how free Rare is to put a few titles on the DS, I don't know, I suppose to a degree that's up to MS - but again, common sense, they're not going to put their system-selling title on a cheaper platform.

When you add in Microsoft's plans to get into mobile gaming sometime in the future, it makes even less sense.

subrosian

The problem is that you directly relate the handheld division to the console division. If Halo DS is in the works it certainly wouldnt be released next to the release of H3. But it could be released later. Perhaps a year or two. Many games do that. Having the main game on a console and years later release a handheld rendition. Metroid Prime did it. Kingdom Hearts did it. (btw with opposing companies) Most sports games do simultaneos releases.

The handheld and console market are slightly different. Not every handheld owner has a console. And not every handheld owner plans to buy a console. THats why companies release the same franchise on systems and Handhelds. Because 1. Its more money in the pockets. and 2. The console and hadheld market are not the same.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"]
the Nintendo fan who owns a DS would skip buying a 360 "oh it's the same game" and it kills the system selling power of your core title. Forza_2

ROLF :lol:

Guy1: Hey, let's play some Halo 3 online man !

You laugh, but every day in these forums I see the Nintendo fans tell me they don't care about graphics, and the games are better on their Wii because of the Wiimote. If it ever happened (and it won't, I'm aware of the Rare article, I've seen fake screenshots of alo CE slaped on a DS screen too, and this was well before this thread, about a year ago when the Nintendo fans were *convinced* it was coming by the end of the year) we would see these threads full of Nintendo fanboys "correcting" the 360 fans on how Halo on their DS was superior thanks to the "tight" stylus controls.

We're a long way from that - you're making a lot of jumps that it's not safe to make. Microsoft left the door open for Nintendo to talk to them about Viva Pinata and Kameo being on the DS (titles that actually make senese given the DS audience and how little these game matter to the 360, sad fact is that Microsoft will never get a huge casual fanbase on the system, they're throwing their money away on these titles, though I'm glad they are there, for diversities sake).

In any case, back to my point, that's not the same thing as Microsoft saying "we're okay with Bungie putting Halo, a property we explicitly own, on a Nintendo platform. It may have been in talks, but given the complete lack of any real info on this (and there would be info- Reggie would be out in the streets with a megaphone and a crew of Nintendo fans) it's pretty safe to take the stance that it's not happening.

And one thing you really have yet to show is how it would be a good business strategy for Microsoft. I'm serious in that a DS substitute would be bad for them - if these Nintendo fans really love Halo so much, you get them over to your 360 for some Halo, you don't hand it to them (along with handing Nintendo your largest fanbase) on a golden platter. I would lose a lot of faith in Microsoft if they had such a lack of business sense as to turn over their key IP.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Japanese_Monk

[QUOTE="subrosian"]
the Nintendo fan who owns a DS would skip buying a 360 "oh it's the same game" and it kills the system selling power of your core title. Forza_2

ROFL :lol:

Guy1: Hey, let's play some Halo 3 online on the 360 man !

:lol: Funniest thing Ive read today.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Japanese_Monk

And one thing you really have yet to show is how it would be a good business strategy for Microsoft. I'm serious in that a DS substitute would be bad for them - if these Nintendo fans really love Halo so much, you get them over to your 360 for some Halo, you don't hand it to them (along with handing Nintendo your largest fanbase) on a golden platter. I would lose a lot of faith in Microsoft if they had such a lack of business sense as to turn over their key IP.

subrosian

This is where your wrong. I love halo. I have Halo 1, 2 and even the Beta (although it expired). ANd I plan to get Halo 3. So if there was in fact a Halo DS I would buy it. My brothers who all own a DS would buy it too. So what about people like me? Who arent fanboys and actually enjoy a DS and a 360?

edit: DS substitute? Where are you getting this. If Halo DS were a substitute that would be "in place of". Are you trying to tell me that you think if Halo ds were released than H3 wouldnt be? Huh?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 subrosian

The problem is that you directly relate the handheld division to the console division. If Halo DS is in the works it certainly wouldnt be released next to the release of H3. But it could be released later. Perhaps a year or two. Many games do that. Having the main game on a console and years later release a handheld rendition. Metroid Prime did it. Kingdom Hearts did it. (btw with opposing companies) Most sports games do simultaneos releases.

The handheld and console market are slightly different. Not every handheld owner has a console. And not every handheld owner plans to buy a console. THats why companies release the same franchise on systems and Handhelds. Because 1. Its more money in the pockets. and 2. The console and hadheld market are not the same.

Japanese_Monk

They compete more than you think, Microsoft and Nintendo are both keenly aware that there are only so many holiday dollars up for grabs. They wouldn't want there to be a choice between Halo DS and Halo 3 at any point in that span. But this holds true later, they don't want you saying "Gears 2, or Halo DS?". I wouldn't say no to Viva Pinata on the DS (well actually, Animal Crossing + Pokemon have that covered... ) but in any case, I still stand that Halo is extremely unlikely ever to be seen on a Nintendo handheld.

There's a reason Nintendo staggers the release of a console and the release of a new handheld line so they fall a year or two after each other - they don't want to eat their own market.