halo 3, why do people fall for the hype?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

how could anyone buy a game. that is nothing more then halo 2 with a couple of upgrades and some new shading.

how could anyone buy a FPS on this level with out its own dedicated server. ala, why am i paying xboxlive 50 dollars a year and they can't even provide there own dedicated server for there own game?

why would i jump of the cliff just because someone else would? you know just because you or others have been brainwashed into believing this game suppose be next gen.

the funny part is bungie tested the waters twice. 1st with crackdown. they wanted to see where the hype was, confirmed bye people buying crackdown which was less then par. second. they wanted to see how much people where blinded bye the hype of the game bye releasing map packs for halo 2. this tested how many people where still interested in the game itself. what did it show really that people where so blinded bye the hype they did'nt have to do much to change the game.

every beta that ive played the only thing that changes for beta to final product is the glitches, bugs and shading. do you really think the graphics are going to be any different from the demo. NO. what we have here is a classic game trying to hold onto its power.

the bad part is that GOW's graphics proves that people deserve better and that bungie has not taken any steps to make a change in any major way. who is going to want to play a game that looks like halo 2, that does'nt have a dedicated server. 

the only people who want to play halo 3 i.e. the map pack special, is the people who are playing it now. what do you think is going to happen to all the next gen people who never played halo at all. when the game has made no changes for next gen player to have a chance to get a foot hold in. most likely, those people will quit and find other games that they have a chance in. why do you think every other developer is waiting for the release of halo 3 before they release there game.

come oct, nov. dec, jan feb march. theres going to be an army of FPS. COD4, FUEL OF WAR, BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY, HUXLEY, UNREAL 3,CRYSIS, how many other games in this time. do you really think halo 3 gonna make it. especially after 10 million copies of GOW"S have been sold in a true next gen platform.

halo 3 is a dinosaur about to be exterminated. 

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
Ill wait till 7 AM tommorow moring to say if I agree or not.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

You haven't played the game yet.

/thread.  

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts

*reads first post*

Nothing to see here folks- move along.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
Because I enjoyed the first two games immensely? :S
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
halo is going to be good no matter what the graphics look like getover and its going to sell millions
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
I'll buy any game that will have me playing for atleast a year. Not many games do that for me.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Because its current version is exactly what the final version will be like...
snowblind54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 snowblind54
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

from what I've seen, it looks alot better, but yay, it doesn't matter, I'll find out tommorrow, and if you don't get the beta, you'll probably find out too on the forums

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Why bash something you have never played?
hplarjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hplarjy
Member since 2004 • 1104 Posts
Everyone has their own beacons of hope until the next gen war end. Halo is one them. Hype is upto the consumers. Fanbase = Hype. Nintendo and Sony also has their own. Its either the game will make or break those hype.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
wow it makes sense....you shown me the light with your shenanigans. now i dont need to get halo 3 even though i like halo.:roll:
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
Everyone on this forum is now dumber from listening to you
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Twice, there was major hype... and twice Bungie delivered the goods.  That's 2 for 2.  It shouldn't be surprising that people are excited.

Mind telling me what new, revolutionary things those other shooters you mentioned will bring to the table when they're released?

Sorry, but Bungie's proven to have successfully found some sweet spot with gamers when it comes to Halo game mechanics, aesthetics, and whatever they build into the game. Why mess with success?

When a developer's accomplished that, even small, evolutionary steps in the franchise will excite the fans. 

jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#16 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
I like the use of the word bye.  Usually it is by, but I'll use it like that just for this thread.....Bye.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Crackdown is a cool game. Its a lot of fun to play. Its one of those games where you have to go to the bathroom but you don't because you'd rather try and kill the next general or grab another agility orb. My only problem is the races are frustrating. They don't want you to kill any civilians but to complete some races you pretty much have to slaughter a bunch of them. As for HALO3 its a great console FPS and its got a very solid entertaining online mode people really dig.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Crackdown is a cool game. Its a lot of fun to play. Its one of those games where you have to go to the bathroom but you don't because you'd rather try and kill the next general or grab another agility orb. My only problem is the races are frustrating. They don't want you to kill any civilians but to complete some races you pretty much have to slaughter a bunch of them. As for HALO3 its a great console FPS and its got a very solid entertaining online mode people really dig.

RobbRipken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 RobbRipken
Member since 2003 • 263 Posts

Wow, why would I want to buy Halo 3? I mean, why would I want to buy a game that I'll get a ton of playtime out of, not to mention the fact that I've loved the previous games. And why would I want to play a game where you can transfer the host. I mean, I hate it when the host quits and they have to select a new host. I'd much rather have the setup where if the host quits, we all lost connection! That's so much better!!!!

I get where this guy's coming from, but if you remember back before Halo and Halo 2 came out, people were saying that both of those games looked like crap. And they both turned out looking great. Bungie came out and said that the beta is NOT there for graphics, it's to test the gameplay and fix all the bugs and glitches. Plus, graphics are usually some of the last things that developers work on before a game is released. Like I keep reminding people, about two months before Perfect Dark Zero came out, in the videos they showed us, it looked about like Halo 2. When it released, it was much better. So don't judge graphics until the game comes out. Because someone's going to pull this thread up and make you look like an idiot if the game turns out looking amazing. Plus, graphics aren't everything. Halo is by far superior to Gears of War in terms of gameplay. Gears has too many glitches right now. (Like the chainsaw glitch) Though it's still an amazing game.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 F1sTDaCuffS
 history will repeat itself in every aspect of this game. from good to bad. thats not what i was expecting form a next gen game on this magnitude.
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

Sweet, can I borrow it? O wait, what? You said you don't have it? O, never mind :(

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
Hey TC. Did the number of sales for Halo 1 increase when Halo 2 came out? Did Halo 2 do over $100 Million in it's first day and go on to sell more then Halo 1 and all of this on a system with under 30 Million units out. The 360 will do more units and the franchise will obviously grow so your Thread is....very laughable
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 F1sTDaCuffS

Hey TC. Did the number of sales for Halo 1 increase when Halo 2 came out? Did Halo 2 do over $100 Million in it's first day and go on to sell more then Halo 1 and all of this on a system with under 30 Million units out. The 360 will do more units and the franchise will obviously grow so your Thread is....very laughablekcpp2b

thats funny, how many of those 30 million stuck around to play the game. geez, i wonder if those DEDICATED servers can handle all those players. your very laughable when you dont even read the orginal post. go slap yourself. 

KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KAS3Y_JAM3Z
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts

I'll buy any game that will have me playing for atleast a year. Not many games do that for me.waynehead895

exactly.

I have never bought a system for one single game. I bought my xbox for the 1st halo, I played it once and I was hooked. and i played halo 2 ever since it came out and still continue to play it. If I can get a few years out of one single game, it must be good. Or are millions of fans, and respected websites and magazines completely wrong and you're the only one who is right?  

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts

how could anyone buy a game. that is nothing more then halo 2 with a couple of upgrades and some new shading.

how could anyone buy a FPS on this level with out its own dedicated server. ala, why am i paying xboxlive 50 dollars a year and they can't even provide there own dedicated server for there own game?

why would i jump of the cliff just because someone else would? you know just because you or others have been brainwashed into believing this game suppose be next gen.

the funny part is bungie tested the waters twice. 1st with crackdown. they wanted to see where the hype was, confirmed bye people buying crackdown which was less then par. second. they wanted to see how much people where blinded bye the hype of the game bye releasing map packs for halo 2. this tested how many people where still interested in the game itself. what did it show really that people where so blinded bye the hype they did'nt have to do much to change the game.

every beta that ive played the only thing that changes for beta to final product is the glitches, bugs and shading. do you really think the graphics are going to be any different from the demo. NO. what we have here is a classic game trying to hold onto its power.

the bad part is that GOW's graphics proves that people deserve better and that bungie has not taken any steps to make a change in any major way. who is going to want to play a game that looks like halo 2, that does'nt have a dedicated server. 

the only people who want to play halo 3 i.e. the map pack special, is the people who are playing it now. what do you think is going to happen to all the next gen people who never played halo at all. when the game has made no changes for next gen player to have a chance to get a foot hold in. most likely, those people will quit and find other games that they have a chance in. why do you think every other developer is waiting for the release of halo 3 before they release there game.

come oct, nov. dec, jan feb march. theres going to be an army of FPS. COD4, FUEL OF WAR, BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY, HUXLEY, UNREAL 3,CRYSIS, how many other games in this time. do you really think halo 3 gonna make it. especially after 10 million copies of GOW"S have been sold in a true next gen platform.

F1sTDaCuffS

Halo 1 - 9.7, Halo 2 - 9.4 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Hey TC. Did the number of sales for Halo 1 increase when Halo 2 came out? Did Halo 2 do over $100 Million in it's first day and go on to sell more then Halo 1 and all of this on a system with under 30 Million units out. The 360 will do more units and the franchise will obviously grow so your Thread is....very laughableF1sTDaCuffS

thats funny, how many of those 30 million stuck around to play the game. geez, i wonder if those DEDICATED servers can handle all those players. your very laughable when you dont even read the orginal post. go slap yourself.

Hey flamebait, you said you do'nt see how Halo 2 can get more gamers as if no one new will wanna play this game. The sales increase fro Halo 1 to Halo 2 prove you wrong flamebait 

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

MCGSMB

Halo 1 - 9.7, Halo 2 - 9.4

Halo 3: 9.7, 9.8, 9.1, or 10.1? 

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
[QUOTE="MCGSMB"][QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

Educated_Gamer

Halo 1 - 9.7, Halo 2 - 9.4

Halo 3: 9.7, 9.8, 9.1, or 10.1? 

10.1 is my guess.

AT LEAST 

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Hey TC. Did the number of sales for Halo 1 increase when Halo 2 came out? Did Halo 2 do over $100 Million in it's first day and go on to sell more then Halo 1 and all of this on a system with under 30 Million units out. The 360 will do more units and the franchise will obviously grow so your Thread is....very laughableF1sTDaCuffS

You know what the cool thing about peer to peer is? I never have to worry about the servers getting shut down. I wonder what will happen to Resistance once Resistance 2 comes out.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 F1sTDaCuffS
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Hey TC. Did the number of sales for Halo 1 increase when Halo 2 came out? Did Halo 2 do over $100 Million in it's first day and go on to sell more then Halo 1 and all of this on a system with under 30 Million units out. The 360 will do more units and the franchise will obviously grow so your Thread is....very laughablekcpp2b

Hey flamebait, you said you do'nt see how Halo 2 can get more gamers as if no one new will wanna play this game. The sales increase fro Halo 1 to Halo 2 prove you wrong flamebait

you must be blind. halo 1 and 2 where released on xbox. a system that was trying to make its way vs. ps2 at the time, we all know that ps2 was king in every aspect. what games, where doing anything, at the time, at any rate, in any aspect, for that fact IN FPS. halo 1 and 2. naturally the only fps game that was on that system that was remotely any good. ofcourse the sales are going to go up. but, yet thats not what i was talking about in my orginal post.

now  talking about people who never even owned a xbox or crossover form ps2 that now own a 360. who never even played any halo series.  GO BACK AND READ WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT tween bean.

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts
Isn't that in essence what every sequel is?
Coldplay07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Coldplay07
Member since 2002 • 4513 Posts

That's funny, you expect perfection from Halo 3 and since perfection isn't possible you expect Halo 3 to fail. Any game called Halo on an Xbox console will sell. Go kill yourself. 

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

I agree with the TC in the sense that NOTHING I've seen from the vids/screens has jumped out as "next-gen".  I even asked the question to Dan Hsu ("Shoe" - the Editor in Chief of EGM who has played the Beta) as to what (if anything) in the game jumped out as "next-gen" and he agreed that there wasn't anything that did.  He did say that single player looked better than the multi. 

So, I'm at least holding out hope that Bungie "wows" me with the single player.  If not, its right back to Gears of War for the forseable future, with some Mass Effect and GRAW2 mixed in there.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 F1sTDaCuffS
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Hey TC. Did the number of sales for Halo 1 increase when Halo 2 came out? Did Halo 2 do over $100 Million in it's first day and go on to sell more then Halo 1 and all of this on a system with under 30 Million units out. The 360 will do more units and the franchise will obviously grow so your Thread is....very laughableColdplay07

That's funny, you expect perfection from Halo 3 and since perfection isn't possible you expect Halo 3 to fail. Any game called Halo on an Xbox console will sell. Go kill yourself.

once again im not talking about being a hyped selling machine. thats a mode point. i know if one tween is hyped into byeing it, then he'll say to his friend oohhhh look at what i got then he'll want one too. thats a given. but, yet again thats not what im talking about.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Hey TC. Did the number of sales for Halo 1 increase when Halo 2 came out? Did Halo 2 do over $100 Million in it's first day and go on to sell more then Halo 1 and all of this on a system with under 30 Million units out. The 360 will do more units and the franchise will obviously grow so your Thread is....very laughableTyrantDragon55

You know what the cool thing about peer to peer is? I never have to worry about the servers getting shut down. I wonder what will happen to Resistance once Resistance 2 comes out.

We've already seen this with EA games and most recently with MGS3 Subsistance.

Also, to clarify, in its 2 iterations.... Halo had the advantage of being the first in the series when things seemed fresh and new.  Halo 2's single player evolved a bit, but it was the introduction of online multiplayer that had people mesmerized.

Halo 3 does not have the new car smell of being first in the franchise, nor is it introducing online to the series.

What exactly are people expecting? 

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

halo 2 upgrade?

the graphics will be much better in the final game, they have about 5 more months

they have alot of new and awsome weapons

they have that cool video thing

more cars you can use

more maps

more modes

a great storyline(got this from ign, i think.)

and bunjie said they have much more secrets in their sleve

that is much more then an upgrade

halo 3 will be awsome

hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

How could anyone buy a game that is nothing more then Halo 2, with a couple of upgrades, and some new shading?

How could anyone buy an FPS on this level without its own dedicated server? Ala, why am i paying for Xboxlive which is $50 dollars a year and they can't even provide their own dedicated server for there own game?

Why would I jump off the cliff just because someone else would? You know just because you or others have been brainwashed into believing this game supposed be next-gen.

The funny part is that Bungie metaphorically tested the waters twice. 1st with crackdown, then they wanted to see where the hype was. It was confirmed by people buying crackdown which par. Secondly,  Bungie wanted to see how many people were blinded by the hype of the game by releasing map packs for Halo 2. This tested how many people were still interested in the game itself. What did it really show? That people where so blinded by the hype of Halo that Bungie didn't have to do much to change the game.

Every beta that I've played in only changed one thing from the beta to the final: the glitches, bugs, and shading. do you really think that the graphics are going to be any different from the beta? NO I say. what we have here is a classic game trying to hold onto its power.

The bad part is that GoW's graphics prove that people deserve better than the Halo 3 beta graphics, and that Bungie has not taken any steps to make a change in any major way. Who is going to want to play a game that looks like halo 2, and also doesn't have a dedicated server? 50 ERRORS SO FAR!!!

In my opinion, the only people who will want to play Halo 3 i.e. the map pack specially, are the people who are playing it now. What do you think is going to happen to all the next gen people who never played halo at all? When the game has made no changes for next gen players to have a chance to get a foot hold in the game. Most likely, those people will quit and find other games that they have a chance to have fun playing in. Why do you think every other developer is waiting for the release of halo 3 before they release there game?

coming: Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March. theres going to be an army of FPS'. Such as: COD4, FUEL OF WAR, BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY, HUXLEY, UNREAL 3, and CRYSIS. How many other games in this time, do you really think Halo 3 going tomake it? Especially after 4 million copies of GOW"S have been sold in a true next gen platform.

Halo 3 is a dinosaur (which is 7 years old) about to be exterminated. 

F1sTDaCuffS

What I did with this MASTERPIECE of Playstation fanboyism, is cretique it as that it will make him look a little less silly.

82 ERRORS PEOPLE!!!!! 82!!!!!! If I missed any feel free to correct me or this guy who has no idea what he's talking about...

aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aDDiKt24
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

Why do people fall for the hype?????

Gameplay, Gameplay and more gameplay. Everyones knows that gameplay is the most important aspect in a game. Sure the graphics are not the gigantic leap everyone was expecting, but it is still a great improvement over Halo 2.

Jealousy is a curse

gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
because i enjoyed crackdown demo so i bought crackdown, and hey i get another game, sweet!
billbradsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 billbradsky
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts
Please learn the difference between by buy and bye, there their and they're, and where were we're.  It would definetly be less painful to read your horrible views of a game that you know nothing about.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

People seem to forget that while alotta of people preferred Halo 2 over CE (MP wise) ,Bungie took alot of criticism for changing the mechanics a bit too much with Halo 2.

You seem to think that fans of the Halo series want a completely new Halo game, thats different from the last two, when in fact its the exact opposite, Halo fans just want a new Halo, with new maps, weapons and a graphical overhaul, which Halo 3 seems to deliver perfectly on.

One other thing, i really do think Halo 3 will be the best in the series just from the vids i've seen (from Friends and Family Beta), as its looks so much more like Halo:CE's gameplay than Halo 2's (no more melee lunge, more focus on grenades, lower aim assist etc.) which is a great thing, infact i think they even got the same announcer for Halo 3 as they had for Halo:CE.

BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts

The same as Halo 2? TC what the hell are you basing that on? You probably haven't even played enough of Halo 2 to know what the hell you're talking about.  So far most of what we've seen is only multiplayer and we already have new vehicles, maps, weapons, notable tweaks to old weapons, customization, and saved video. Halo 3 is also adding equipment (bubble shield, power drainer, radar jammer, portable grav lift).  Also we no longer spawn with weak SMGs, and the aim assist has been reduced. These are major game play changes. Plus we're going to get a brand new SP that will be the conclusion to the Halo series. TC just what the hell more do you want from a sequel?

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 F1sTDaCuffS
[QUOTE="F1sTDaCuffS"]

How could anyone buy a game that is nothing more then Halo 2, with a couple of upgrades, and some new shading?

How could anyone buy an FPS on this level without its own dedicated server? Ala, why am i paying for Xboxlive which is $50 dollars a year and they can't even provide their own dedicated server for there own game?

Why would I jump off the cliff just because someone else would? You know just because you or others have been brainwashed into believing this game supposed be next-gen.

The funny part is that Bungie metaphorically tested the waters twice. 1st with crackdown, then they wanted to see where the hype was. It was confirmed by people buying crackdown which par. Secondly, Bungie wanted to see how many people were blinded by the hype of the game by releasing map packs for Halo 2. This tested how many people were still interested in the game itself. What did it really show? That people where so blinded by the hype of Halo that Bungie didn't have to do much to change the game.

Every beta that I've played in only changed one thing from the beta to the final: the glitches, bugs, and shading. do you really think that the graphics are going to be any different from the beta? NO I say. what we have here is a classic game trying to hold onto its power.

The bad part is that GoW's graphics prove that people deserve better than the Halo 3 beta graphics, and that Bungie has not taken any steps to make a change in any major way. Who is going to want to play a game that looks like halo 2, and also doesn't have a dedicated server? 50 ERRORS SO FAR!!!

In my opinion, the only people who will want to play Halo 3 i.e. the map pack specially, are the people who are playing it now. What do you think is going to happen to all the next gen people who never played halo at all? When the game has made no changes for next gen players to have a chance to get a foot hold in the game. Most likely, those people will quit and find other games that they have a chance to have fun playing in. Why do you think every other developer is waiting for the release of halo 3 before they release there game?

coming: Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March. theres going to be an army of FPS'. Such as: COD4, FUEL OF WAR, BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY, HUXLEY, UNREAL 3, and CRYSIS. How many other games in this time, do you really think Halo 3 going tomake it? Especially after 4 million copies of GOW"S have been sold in a true next gen platform.

Halo 3 is a dinosaur (which is 7 years old) about to be exterminated.

hellfire9988

What I did with this MASTERPIECE of Playstation fanboyism, is cretique it as that it will make him look a little less silly.

82 ERRORS PEOPLE!!!!! 82!!!!!! If I missed any feel free to correct me or this guy who has no idea what he's talking about...

you get 5 gold stars and one BIG COOKIE. go stuff your face back in book it came from.  

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 F1sTDaCuffS

Please learn the difference between by buy and bye, there their and they're, and where were we're. It would definetly be less painful to read your horrible views of a game that you know nothing about.billbradsky

people like you are just miserable. if your not happy with yourself, dont take it out on me because im not a english teacher. wake up. 

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 F1sTDaCuffS

People seem to forget that while sure alotta of people preferred Halo 2 over CE (MP wise) that took alot of criticism for changing the mechanics a bit too much with Halo 2.

You seem to think that fans of the Halo series want a completely new Halo game, thats different from the last two, when in fact its the exact opposite, Halo fans just want a new Halo, with new maps, weapons and a graphical overhaul, which Halo 3 seems to deliver perfectly on.

One other thing, i really do think Halo 3 will be the best in the series just from the vids i've seen (from Friends and Family Beta), as its looks so much more like Halo:CE's gameplay than Halo 2's (no more melee lunge, more focus on grenades, lower aim assist etc.) which is a great thing, infact i think they even got the same announcer for Halo 3 as they had for Halo:CE.

Snugenz

finally, someone whos not a teacher correcting papers, but, understands whats going on here. thank you. 

Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
Beacuse Halo has not let me down and both halo 1&2 are AAA titles.
hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]Please learn the difference between by buy and bye, there their and they're, and where were we're. It would definetly be less painful to read your horrible views of a game that you know nothing about.F1sTDaCuffS

you're not AN english teacher... tsk tsk tsk...

people like you are just miserable. if your not happy with yourself, dont take it out on me because im not a english teacher. wake up. 

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 F1sTDaCuffS

The same as Halo 2? TC what the hell are you basing that on? You probably haven't even played enough of Halo 2 to know what the hell you're talking about. So far most of what we've seen is only multiplayer and we already have new vehicles, maps, weapons, notable tweaks to old weapons, customization, and saved video. Halo 3 is also adding equipment (bubble shield, power drainer, radar jammer, portable grav lift). Also we no longer spawn with weak SMGs, and the aim assist has been reduced. These are major game play changes. Plus we're going to get a brand new SP that will be the conclusion to the Halo series. TC just what the hell more do you want from a sequel?

BillGreen68

one i would like a dedicated server, so, i can play a game without cheating people in ranked games. how about that. i do pay 50 dollars a year. to xbla.

EA i pay 60 bucks for a game and i get a free server for the life of the game. but, yet i got to pay 60 dollars for halo 3 and 50 dollars a year to xbla. and i dont get a dedicated server. if theres so much hype on showing multipalyer everywhere on everything you think you would get that if thats what your promoting.

second. why do i want to play the previous players, if thats the only changes they make from the previous verison. what chance does a new player have. if thats all the changes they've made. ofcourse i want them to change a lot, so, new players can have a chance.

BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts
TC just do me a favor and buy a PS3 and play on your crappy EA servers.