Guys!! More news about games running at resolutions or some shit!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
Please don't start talking about transgenderism.  Go nuts. Have a ball haha Apparently.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Gender =/= Sex, FF

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

How can we know a man is a man?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak

Gender =/= Sex, FF

balfe1990
Don't you f*cking start!
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak

Rocker6
Stahp!!
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Gender =/= Sex, FF

freedomfreak

Don't you f*cking start!

I've already...transitioned

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I hear Transylvania is nice in the summer.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Gender =/= Sex, FF

balfe1990

Don't you f*cking start!

I've already...transitioned

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 balfe1990

ConanTheStoner

I think my job is transferring me there next summer actually. I'll have to hire a translator though, I don't speak the language.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

What's this about? Can we stick to the topic?

---

I thought these games and others were already confirmed to be running at 1080p resolution. 

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
The man said something about 1080P ARGUE
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

balfe1990

I think my job is transferring me there next summer actually. I'll have to hire a translator though, I don't speak the language.

What will you be doing for transportation?  I'm think of selling my Trans Am btw.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

freedomfreak

Stahp!!

Aight... pick your poison.

Lul, biased lemz uzing no-name guy az sorce... evn if tru, PS4 native rez iz teh 1081p!

SDC, owned, u butthurt, Kaz this, Kaz that.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Stahp!!

Lul, biased lemz uzing no-name guy az sorce... evn if tru, PS4 native rez iz teh 1081p!

Something about Kaz. Good start. You need to get on Tormentos and Ron's level though.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Hi def Transylvania Kaz Xbone!

/runs away giggling

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

ConanTheStoner

What will you be doing for transportation?  I'm think of selling my Trans Am btw.

Not flying anyway, I hate transatlantic flights, my least favourite form of transit. If I were to buy your Trans Am, how would the transaction take place? Money transfer?

Having a car would transform my journey.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

balfe1990

Not flying anyway, I hate transatlantic flights, my least favourite form of transit. If I were to buy your Trans Am, how would the transaction take place? Money transfer?

It may sound like a slight transgression, but I'd prefer cash under the table tbh.  In exchange, I'll transport it over seas, free of charge.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Stahp!!freedomfreak

Something about Kaz. Good start. You need to get on Tormentos and Ron's level though.

I'm not going to buy the f**k-in 7830 prototype or 7850 (re-flash to W5000 which disables 2 CUs and down clock to 800Mhz). If you can't get around AMD's marketing BS then that's your problem.

Bulldozer2014RM.jpg

I have already estimated 8 core Jaguar i.e. it's closer to AMD Bobcat and it's far from AMD Piledriver. Audio DSP details can be gathered from the best/cheap low power audio DSP chip in the market (guess, MS would be licensing it and it's not CELL or PPE) i.e. it's nowhere near AMD Ontario APU. LZ and JPEG hardware from known FPGA implementations.

The workloads between a PC GCN and PS4's GCN is different. In a given time period, a single Intel Core i5/i7's CPU core can generate larger ACE GPU command bucket size than AMD Jaguar.

At 1.6Ghz and Cinebench benchmarks, it takes roughly two AMD Jaguar cores to match one Intel Sandybridge ULV CPU core (1.6Ghz).

A single 3.2Ghz Intel Ivybridge core can easily beat AMD Jaguar quad cores @ 1.6Ghz. My Intel Core i5/i7 Quad Cores can cover my 7970's ACE count and magnitude.

97e.jpg

PS4's GCN design was designed for it's host CPU. AMD Jaguar 8 cores collectively populate it's GCN's ACE units. With PS4, you can't waste a CPU core to manage GPU ACE command buffer.

Btw, Sony is treating PS4's GCN like a CELL processor hence why you have greater number of ACEs. MS (Xbox 360/X1/PC) is treating it's GCN like a PC GpGPU i.e. having large ACE bucket size with less ACE count. PS4's ACE doesn't change GCN's wavefront processing capability e.g. my 7970 murders PS4's GCN.

AMD-Richland-vs-Haswell-GPU.jpg

PC doesn't have a CELL processor to patch it's 7800 GTX i.e. PC's solution for this problem was to buy NVIDIA CUDA type GPU. 7800 GTX type situation is less likely to occur with X1 and PS4 generation i.e. common AMD GCN hardware.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

ConanTheStoner

It may sound like a slight transgression, but I'd prefer cash under the table tbh.  In exchange, I'll transport it over seas, free of charge.

I don't blame you, sometimes I feel that I also transcend the law. We may need to transfuse the money, so as not to raise any suspicion. I'll get on the IRC and transmit to your the finer details of this deal.

*spits in hand*

Place it there

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Rocker6
By looking at his genetalia. Until you have not seen said genetalia, she remains a mere woman.
kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

Rocker6

I'm not going to buy the f**k-in 7830 prototype or 7850 (re-flash to W5000 which disables 2 CUs and down clock to 800Mhz). If you can't get around AMD's marketing BS then that's your problem.

Bulldozer2014RM.jpg

I have already estimated 8 core Jaguar i.e. it's closer to AMD Bobcat and it's far from AMD Piledriver. Audio DSP details can be gathered from the best/cheap low power audio DSP chip in the market (guess, MS would be licensing it and it's not CELL or PPE) i.e. it's nowhere near AMD Ontario APU. LZ and JPEG hardware from known FPGA implementations.

The workloads between a PC GCN and PS4's GCN is different. In a given time period, a single Intel Core i5/i7's CPU core can generate larger ACE GPU command bucket size than AMD Jaguar.

At 1.6Ghz and Cinebench benchmarks, it takes roughly two AMD Jaguar cores to match one Intel Sandybridge ULV CPU core (1.6Ghz).

A single 3.2Ghz Intel Ivybridge core can easily beat AMD Jaguar quad cores @ 1.6Ghz. My Intel Core i5/i7 Quad Cores can cover my 7970's ACE count and magnitude.

97e.jpg

PS4's GCN design was designed for it's host CPU. AMD Jaguar 8 cores collectively populate it's GCN's ACE units. With PS4, you can't waste a CPU core to manage GPU ACE command buffer.

Btw, Sony is treating PS4's GCN like a CELL processor hence why you have greater number of ACEs. MS (Xbox 360/X1/PC) is treating it's GCN like a PC GpGPU i.e. having large ACE bucket size with less ACE count. PS4's ACE doesn't change GCN's wavefront processing capability e.g. my 7970 murders PS4's GCN.

PC doesn't have a CELL processor to patch it's 7800 GTX i.e. PC's solution for this problem was to buy NVIDIA CUDA type GPU. 7800 GTX type situation is less likely to occur with X1 and PS4 generation i.e. common AMD GCN hardware.

Lol that's pretty good.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

balfe1990

I don't blame you, sometimes I feel that I also transcend the law. We may need to transfuse the money, so as not to raise any suspicion. I'll get on the IRC and transmit to your the finer details of this deal.

*spits in hand*

Place it there

IRC, havent heard that since I worked at AdTran.

Anyways, you got a deal pal.  Whatever transpires, just know that I got your back.  If you needed a kidney transplant I'd be first in line bro.

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

And yet KI only runs at 720.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

parkurtommo

By looking at his genetalia. Until you have not seen said genetalia, she remains a mere woman.

You idiot, GDDR5 traces are full-duplex, they can communicate with the stacked Bobcat CPU and Piledriver GPU cores at the same time. The PCI-E lanes are the only bottleneck, but low timings help increase the GFLOPS. R9-208X says hi.

Enough with your Nvidia fanboyism, you have no idea what you're talking about. It's not my fault you can't see through their BS marketting.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 freedomfreak
Rockvalencia to the rescue! Uncanny!
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 freedomfreak
You guys wanna do some armfarts? http://vocaroo.com/i/s0IuHOPpJrjc
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

This whole topic is a travesty :cry:

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
He can only speak about the two games running at 1080p. How convenient.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
hi is this thread about shemans?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 freedomfreak
hi is this thread about shemans?silversix_
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I'll just leave this here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5C6hqZEX_8
urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts
He can only speak about the two games running at 1080p. How convenient.Sushiglutton
What is so shocking that he can only speak about the 2 games his company is working on? That's called credibility. Ever heard of it? What is not shocking to you about a dev who won't be named or talk about the game in which that unamed dev is basing his/her findings on? Lets try to be reasonable?
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

You idiot, GDDR5 traces are full-duplex, they can communicate with the stacked Bobcat CPU and Piledriver GPU cores at the same time. The PCI-E lanes are the only bottleneck, but low timings help increase the GFLOPS. R9-208X says hi.

Enough with your Nvidia fanboyism, you have no idea what you're talking about. It's not my fault you can't see through their BS marketting.

Blasphemy!

Kitten-Weight-Chart1.jpg

As you can see in this chart, Nvidia has a clear edge.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Can always trust you to bring the lulz. :lol:
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] By looking at his genetalia. Until you have not seen said genetalia, she remains a mere woman.clyde46

Can always trust you to bring the lulz. :lol:

VLIW =/= GCN. Get that through your thick skull already.

7850 is built from the same waffers as my 7950, but its 32 CU are better due to 32 KB instruction cache, reducing the rendering pipeline to 27 steps.

I7 ULV benchmarks say hi.

51137.png

Now, do you understand why Nvidia TITAN is badly bottlenecked by its VRAM interface?

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] By looking at his genetalia. Until you have not seen said genetalia, she remains a mere woman.parkurtommo

Blasphemy!

penis-size-map.jpg

False, you can see it clear as day Nvidia drew the short end of the stick.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Blasphemy!

penis-size-map.jpg

False, you can see it clear as day Nvidia drew the short end of the stick.

:lol: China.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Rocker6

Bulldozer2014RM.jpg

97e.jpg

:lol: uncanny