GTA5 will be GOTY 2012, and the best game of all time. What we know so far

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Lets discuss what in all likelyhood will not only be the BEST game this year, but will probaly be the best game of all time (or this generation at least). Grand Theft Auto 5 is going to be this years GOTY, and the swan song for this gen, since the Wii U is coming out (which is also rumored to be getting the game).

Much like its predecessor which currently maintains the highest rated Metacritic score of all time. (inb4 hate)

What we know so far:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/718134/gta-5-rumors-did-a-ton-of-grand-theft-auto-5-details-leak/

According to the rumors,Grand Theft Auto 5will be four times as large asGTA 4, but will take place only in Los Santos and surrounding areas, so no trips to San Francisco or Las Vegas are in the cards.

The rest of the rumors are contained below, and I'll let you read them all:

• The game world is absolutely massive and will push both Xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character (an African/American, early 30?s) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wilderness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.
  • The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.
  • There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.
  • There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.
  • There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so?.

• Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)
  • The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc
  • Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.
  • The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.
  • Weapons include the usual arsenal you?d expect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/building to use as a weapon. There is also a museum where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.
  • It is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.
  • Mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triathlons, water races, cannoning, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.
  • Character customization is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can?t be altered by race, age, height, etc.
  • Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neighborhood houses.
  • No children NPC at all. Ever.
  • There is now an ability to grab people and use as shields or in ?hostage? situations.
  • The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.
  • You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.
  • You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.
  • Certain weapons can be customizable and some even home-made.
  • One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game?
  • Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
If it releases in 2012 that is,and even then I wouldn´t be so sure it would win GOTY,but we´ll have to see I guess.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StrongDeadlift
If it releases in 2012 that is,and even then I wouldn´t be so sure it would win GOTY,but we´ll have to see I guess.Arach666
What game could possibly come out that would be better? The Last Of Us? Halo 4? Max Payne 3? Mass Effect 3? Black Ops 2? :lol::lol::lol:
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]If it releases in 2012 that is,and even then I wouldn´t be so sure it would win GOTY,but we´ll have to see I guess.StrongDeadlift
What game could possibly come out that would be better? The Last Of Us? Halo 4? Max Payne 3? Mass Effect 3? Black Ops 2? :lol::lol::lol:

Remember that GTA4 didn´t win GOTY in 2008,even though it scored a 10 here,and it yet remains to be seen if it will release this year.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

That's some nice info.Looking forward to GTA5 very much,also can't wait to see what modders do with the PC version.After GTA4 iCEnhacer mod,I expect great things...

I only hope PC version will follow soon after console versions...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="Arach666"]If it releases in 2012 that is,and even then I wouldn´t be so sure it would win GOTY,but we´ll have to see I guess.StrongDeadlift

Assassin's Creed 3 ;)
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Arach666"]If it releases in 2012 that is,and even then I wouldn´t be so sure it would win GOTY,but we´ll have to see I guess.charizard1605

Assassin's Creed 3 ;)

Dammit, how could I have possibly forgotten that?:|

I knew I was forgetting something.

Thats the ONLY other game coming out this year with any chance at GOTY, compared to God Theft Auto 5. :cool:

Inb4cows "The Last of Us gon' win it fo sho....sony domination continuation" :lol:

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

inb4 Lemmings cries about 5 discs.:lol:

I hope Rockstar won't let the 360 hold the PS3 back by giving the 360 version many discs instead of trying to pack everything in 1 DVD.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
Strange how TC forgot to include the fact it might not be released in 2012
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

No way it's releasing this year and I find all of this too good to be true.

It'd be great if all the above was included but somehow I doubt it. Rockstar are godly but I can't see them pulling miracles with ancient hardware.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamerwillzPS

All of the features the TC have listed + 360 DVD format = No way in hell it's possible. Lots of discs for the 360 confirmed.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rocker6

I hope Rockstar won't let the 360 hold the PS3 back by giving the 360 version many discs instead of trying to pack everything in 1 DVD.

GamerwillzPS

Yeah,mulitple discs in 2012 is just plain sad...

MS better get their act together and fix that in their next console...

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Wont even be the best Rockstar game this year.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongDeadlift

GamerwillzPS
If by "holding the PS3 back", you mean the PS3 version being Sub-HD (while 360 wasnt), with frame rate issues and worse lighting, ONTOP of having a mandatory 25 minute install? Then yes, please dont "hold back the PS3" :cool:
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#15 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

> What we know so far

> A list of rumours

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongDeadlift

crimsonman1245
Notsureifsrs.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

StrongDeadlift

Notsureifsrs.

Have you played Max Payne 3 yet? Its amazing.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Best game of all time, eh? :lol: :|
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

crimsonman1245

Notsureifsrs.

Have you played Max Payne 3 yet? Its amazing.

I havent yet, but after hearing what people had to say about it, I might rent it first.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I wonder how much of that will actually be in the final version, or how dumbed down some of those points will become. i dunno.. seems like too much for the consoles to handle.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

StrongDeadlift

If by "holding the PS3 back", you mean the PS3 version being Sub-HD (while 360 wasnt), with frame rate issues and worse lighting, ONTOP of having a mandatory 25 minute install? Then yes, please dont "hold back the PS3" :cool:

You have got to be kidding. All of this mandatory installs, framerate issues, sub-HD are because it is being held back by the 360. If the developer actually spend more time on the PS3, those issues wouldn't exist.

Lemmings are just typical when they keeps ignoring PS3 exclusives. PS3 exclusives are perfect without any problems you mentioned. So get your Halo helmet off and get your facts right.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamerwillzPS

This helmet. Please get it off before posting, Lemmings.

Halo_Helmet_Uodate_by_tave32.jpg

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Like GTA IV right? Which turned out to be a pretty but hollow game, and arguably regressive for a genre that had actual evolution since GTA 3. Anyhoo I'm looking forward to the 5th game, as I have with each GTA game since the first.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rocker6

GamerwillzPS

Same could be said for you:

This helmet.Please,take it off before posting...

Killzone_3_Helghast_Helmet.jpg

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Rocker6

Same could be said for you:

This helmet.Please,take it off before posting...

Killzone_3_Helghast_Helmet.jpg

True, true. :P

*Pulls the helmet off... Oh noes! It's stuck!*

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

You have got to be kidding. All of this mandatory installs, framerate issues, sub-HD are because it is being held back by the 360. If the developer actually spend more time on the PS3, those issues wouldn't exist.

Lemmings are just typical when they keeps ignoring PS3 exclusives. PS3 exclusives are perfect without any problems you mentioned. So get your Halo helmet off and get your facts right.

You mean like MGS4? ;) Yes every inferiority of the PS3 is the developers fault. Not Sonys poor design choices. :lol:

PS3's mandatory installs are done because the PS3 uses a 1st generation 2x Blu Ray drive, which is slower reading data off the disc than the 360s, meaning to keep up with the 360, they need to cache data on the HDD. This results in the need for a mandatory isntall. SOME games create invisible caches on the HDD like Uncharted, Killzone, and GoW, that only exist while you play them, but the only way they can do that is because the games are linear, and only render one 4kx4k cell, and then dump it after you reach the next area, with no option to backtrack.

open world games, games that ARENT linear, or games that use backtracking, like GTA, Metal Gear, Dead Space, Fallout, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire need mandatory installs. I hope you also realize that Resistance 3 and Infamous 2 have a 1.5 gb mandatory install as well.

Sony also requires developers to use uncompressed audio and video for Blu Ray discs, which makes the games end up having MUCH larger file sizes than on 360 or PC. FOr instance, the PS3 version of Fallout 3 was like 32gb on PS3, while 360/PC were 7gb, yet despite this, it STILL looked and played worse on PS3. Sony ALSO has a strict ONE DISC limit, and with PS3's big ass file sizes, developers are forced to zip up the file, and install part of it on your hard drive.

Also, lol at the implication that I have any "attachment" whatsoever to Halo, and that insulting it offends me. :cool:

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] If by "holding the PS3 back", you mean the PS3 version being Sub-HD (while 360 wasnt), with frame rate issues and worse lighting, ONTOP of having a mandatory 25 minute install? Then yes, please dont "hold back the PS3" :cool:StrongDeadlift

You mean like MGS4? ;) Yes every inferiority of the PS3 is the developers fault. Not Sonys poor design choices. :lol:

PS3's mandatory installs are done because the PS3 uses a 1st generation 2x Blu Ray drive, which is slower reading data off the disc than the 360s, meaning to keep up with the 360, they need to cache data on the HDD. This results in the need for a mandatory isntall. SOME games create invisible caches on the HDD like Uncharted, Killzone, and GoW, that only exist while you play them, but the only way they can do that is because the games are linear, and only render one 4kx4k cell, and then dump it after you reach the next area, with no option to backtrack.

open world games, games that ARENT linear, or games that use backtracking, like GTA, Metal Gear, Dead Space, Fallout, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire need mandatory installs. I hope you also realize that Resistance 3 and Infamous 2 have a 1.5 gb mandatory install as well.

Sony also requires developers to use uncompressed audio and video for Blu Ray discs, which makes the games end up having MUCH larger file sizes on 360 or PC. FOr instance, the PC version of Fallout 3 was like 32gb on PS3, while 360/PC were 7gb. Sony ALSO has a strict ONE DISC limit, and with PS3's big ass file sizes, developers are forced to zip up the file, and install part of it on your hard drive.

Also, lol at the implication that I have any "attachment" whatsoever to Halo, and that insulting it offends me. :cool:

I know that mandatory installs can be annoying but it's necessary because it's Blu-ray. This generation needs Blu-ray. It would have been disastrous if Sony uses DVD in the PS3. This is why some 360 games have multiple discs and GTA 5 on the 360 could potentially be awful - Maybe like 4 or 5 discs. I'd rather to have mandatory installs than having to swap discs all the time. Hard drives are getting bigger all the time so it doesn't matter. If my 320GB hard drive gets full, I can get a 1TB. So mandatory installs doesn't matter. DVD format does matter. Look at GTA 4. It feels very trimmed down compared with GTAs on PS2 especially San Andreas. Again, I blame the 360. Rockstar did complain about the DVD format during GTA 4 development.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Dang, that all sounds really good. Rockstar are simply amazing developers.

Still though, do we even know it'll be released this year?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

crimsonman1245
Will be the best game this gen.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

If the protagonist is black I hope he isn't some ghetto banger. Playing as CJ in San Andreas got real old, real f*cking fast.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

SaltyMeatballs

Will be the best game this gen.

More like best game of all time.:cool:

Honestly, if they can get the best of both GTA IV and San Andreas, then the game will be perfect.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerwillzPS

If the protagonist is black I hope he isn't some ghetto banger. Playing as CJ in San Andreas got real old, real f*cking fast.

dommeus

Dude, it doesn't matter if someone has a different skin colour. It's not like they are different species. They are all humans. I had no problem with CJ being black.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="dommeus"]

GamerwillzPS

Dude, it doesn't matter if someone has a different skin colour. It's not like they are different species. They are all humans. I had no problem with CJ being black.

He didn't say that he hopes he isn't black...

Read again please.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

a.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

Leaked GTAV vehicle data from MP3 disk suggest skiing and snowmobiles as well as lots of boats, plains and helis. Game of forever!

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#36 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

You're a fool if you think it'll be out in 2012

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

It's a fact GTA5 will be the best game ever made.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GamerwillzPS

freedomfreak

Best game ever made? Hmm. This game will be on the 360 though... I'd wait until it releases.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

GamerwillzPS

Best game ever made? Hmm. This game will be on the 360 though... I'd wait until it releases.

I only hope they don't lower the graphic quality because of PS3, everything else I'm fine with.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] If by "holding the PS3 back", you mean the PS3 version being Sub-HD (while 360 wasnt), with frame rate issues and worse lighting, ONTOP of having a mandatory 25 minute install? Then yes, please dont "hold back the PS3" :cool:StrongDeadlift

Sony also requires developers to use uncompressed audio and video for Blu Ray discs, which makes the games end up having MUCH larger file sizes than on 360 or PC. FOr instance, the PS3 version of Fallout 3 was like 32gb on PS3, while 360/PC were 7gb, yet despite this, it STILL looked and played worse on PS3. Sony ALSO has a strict ONE DISC limit, and with PS3's big ass file sizes, developers are forced to zip up the file, and install part of it on your hard drive.

Regardless, 1 disc>>>>>5 discs

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

Bus-A-Bus

I only hope they don't lower the graphic quality because of PS3, everything else I'm fine with.

What? You have to be the dumbest person if that's what you think...

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

ShadowsDemon

Regardless, 5 discs>>>>>1 disc

What is wrong with you?

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

No I don't. Considering they went with funky blur filter in GTA IV 360 version just because PS3 one was sub hd I wouldn't be surprised. But they did however let 360 version of RDR go ahead of PS3 one and didn't try to handicap it because of it.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themajormayor

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

He's trolling bro
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] You mean like MGS4? ;) Yes every inferiority of the PS3 is the developers fault. Not Sonys poor design choices. :lol:

Regardless, 5 discs>>>>>1 disc

What is wrong with you?

$hit, I messed up my post right there. I meant the other way around. :P
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 themajormayor
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

No I don't. Considering they went with funky blur filter in GTA IV 360 version just because PS3 one was sub hd I wouldn't be surprised. But they did however let 360 version of RDR go ahead of PS3 one and didn't try to handicap it because of it.

Yeah you have to be the dumbest person
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Sony also requires developers to use uncompressed audio and video for Blu Ray discs, which makes the games end up having MUCH larger file sizes on 360 or PC. FOr instance, the PC version of Fallout 3 was like 32gb on PS3, while 360/PC were 7gb. Sony ALSO has a strict ONE DISC limit, and with PS3's big ass file sizes, developers are forced to zip up the file, and install part of it on your hard drive.

I know that mandatory installs can be annoying but it's necessary because it's Blu-ray. This generation needs Blu-ray. It would have been disastrous if Sony uses DVD in the PS3. This is why some 360 games have multiple discs and GTA 5 on the 360 could potentially be awful - Maybe like 4 or 5 discs. I'd rather to have mandatory installs than having to swap discs all the time. Hard drives are getting bigger all the time so it doesn't matter. If my 320GB hard drive gets full, I can get a 1TB. So mandatory installs doesn't matter. DVD format does matter. Look at GTA 4. It feels very trimmed down compared with GTAs on PS2 especially San Andreas. Again, I blame the 360. Rockstar did complain about the DVD format during GTA 4 development.

The most it would be is three discs.

The thing is, Blu Ray (while it will be necessary next gen), wasnt even needed this gen. Theres what, 4-5 games on 360 with multiple discs? Games on PC fit on one disc just fine. As far as graphics are concerned (this gen) Blu Ray is irrelevant, because the consoles GPU, CPU, are not only identical, but neither system even has anywhere near enough ram for games to ever be at the point where Disc space would be relevant to graphics. PS3 and 360 games use the same industry standards of texture resolution, and polygon count, and neither console is even capable of deviating from that to the point where disc space would even matter. (texture resolution for assets on BOTH consoles is usually 256 x 256 lowest end, or at the highest end, 512 x 512). The only differences between PS3/360 games will be determined by the differences (or inferiorities) of one of their GPUs/CPUs, ram, and the amount of post processing. The assets are the same. On PS3 and 360, that will ALWAYS be the first thing that matters, long before disc space even becomes an issue, which is why 98% of multiplats either run better on 360, be it better lighting, slightly lower resolution, or load times. (Note that the 360 version of Red Dead Redemption also looked better, and had more grass, etc).

But thats all irrelevant. The Blu Ray drive in the PS3 is a 2x blu ray drive, which is slower than the 360s. (note that Blu Ray itself is not slower, just the first generation drive that PS3 uses). There currently fastest Blu Ray drives available right now are 14x, but even that will soon be irrelevant, because next gen consoles will probably come with 3rd generation SATA III HDDs, and USB 3.0 (which both have a 6gb/s data speed. The fastest BR drive available doesnt even come close to that) and there will be a general push for DD next gen. Nintindo annoucned that they will be releasing EVERY retail game digitally DAY ONE, and Sony and MS will most likely do that too. (Sony already does a good job at getting retail games up on PSN soon after launch).

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10550 Posts

rockstar need to learn how to make a responsive and natural control system.

gta iv, rdr, la noire and now max payne 3 have all suffered from fiddly and largely unintuitive control methods and whilst the cinematic gameplay keeps on improving in leaps and bounds (max payne3 is amazing in this respect) the same unfortunately cannot be said for the control systems

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

Nice trolling job. You're extremely delusional. You need to get smacked in the face hard to wake up and I would turn your head towards the library of PS3 exclusives. It would be funny to see what you will say next.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

ShadowsDemon

Regardless, 1 disc>>>>>5 discs

Considering I will most likely get the game on either PS3 (like I did with GTA4), or the Wii U, that wont be a problem, nor a concern for me :cool: