GTA V - Playstation 3 vs Xbox 360? On behalf of HeSaveDave

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

HeSaveDave (level 5 and got his thread locked even though I was intrested in it :( and it wasn't a time wasting thread)

"Hey guys, I am wondering what, if any, differences there will be for the different console versions of GTA V. What are the upsides and downsides of each version? I am wanting to possibly change my pre-order depending on this. I have both consoles I just can't decide which to get.

I'm guessing:
Controller preference.
XBOX Live multiplayer vs PSN.
Any performance differences?
Will PS3 be one disc while 360 is multi-disc?
etc other things I don't know about yet.

Thanks you, friends."

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ziggyww
I am basing my purchase on the PS3 version because that seems to be the one they are showing of to the press etc. I doubt they would show the worse version of, so its either the same or better but it is no way worse. I shall make my mind up when I see both versions before hand anyway.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

The differences will be minimal, and which someone should choose really does boil down to their controller preference, and where their friends are online (XBL or PSN). Performance and graphics will be extremely close, if not identical. However, it should be noted that where the 360 and PS3 versions of GTA4 differed, it was usually the PS3 that got the short end of the stick, BUT, this time around, Rockstar is confident enough in the PS3, that it's what was used to capture all the footage in the trailers. So there's that. 

As for possible multiple discs for 360 version.. I don't see how it could possibly fit onto a single DVD. Expect multiple discs for 360 version, but with an option to install enough of the game that there's no disc changing required after installation.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
They will practically the same I hope Rockstar has the Ps3 version up to scratch, as that's the one Ol' Jack is getting because of the 8gb install.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PS3 since it seems to be the lead version, and free online. It's looking like GTAO will grow and be supported for a long time, so who wants to spend 100s of $s just to have access to it over the next few years on XBL?

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

I heard somewhere (cant be bothered to google) that the 360 version is 2 discs. A install disc and a play disc.

Also that the PS3 version was the lead in development (not unusual nowadays, they now prefer to start with the more complicated optimizing)

The Ps3 version might have a bit better performance, but some drawbacks in other areas (internal resolution?). At least Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light had slightly better performance on PS3, not sure if all new games are like this.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ziggyww

The differences will be minimal, and which someone should choose really does boil down to their controller preference, and where their friends are online (XBL or PSN). Performance and graphics will be extremely close, if not identical. However, it should be noted that where the 360 and PS3 versions of GTA4 differed, it was usually the PS3 that got the short end of the stick, BUT, this time around, Rockstar is confident enough in the PS3, that it's what was used to capture all the footage in the trailers. So there's that. 

As for possible multiple discs for 360 version.. I don't see how it could possibly fit onto a single DVD. Expect multiple discs for 360 version, but with an option to install enough of the game that there's no disc changing required after installation.

the_bi99man
I am thinking pretty much the same with the quality of the two versions being the same and the multiple disks doesn't bother me as it will likely be one or two disks to install the game and then just one disk used after that to play it and I got plenty of HDD space left.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
Rockstar has already stated that differences between both versions will hardly be noticeable. Will get the 360 version first.
Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts
PS3 version of course. R* showed most of their footage with the PS3 version. But I'll also buy it on PC. GTA is just meant to be played on a PC.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

the_bi99man
It uses a system like Forza 4. You have a content disc to install first then you can play from the second disc. I reckon I can have both discs installed on my 360 and start playing before PS3 users can do the same.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

GTA is just meant to be played on a PC.Suppaman100

INB4 fanboys scream "controller", as if the option isn't available to you.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

After the PS3 version of RDR and GTA IV I think I'm going for the 360 version but I'm holding out until the reviews drop in .

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

the_bi99man

it's already been confirmed that the 360 version will be 2 discs. i wouldnt'f thought they'd be any difference at this stage of the console and i'm not sure why ps or xbl will be a reason rockstar will have there own servers anyway so it will be just about what console you own i guess and whats easiest to get.and wich console you play on more and of course the controller is probably the main reason.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

wii u

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Why do people assume that a game shown on a particular system means that system is lead? There is such a thing as marketing both Sony and Microsoft are known for throwing money at developers and publishers to get their systems version of the game shown that little bit at the end of commercials where they say now avaiable on so so with a small blip at the bottom with the other devices it will play on is major marketing.

on topic: I wont be getting gta 5 till all its dlc is released but taking into acount past R* Games it will likely preform better on 360 as well I believe SP and MP come on seperate discs...

lollol that reminded me Its 2013 the 8th gen systems are coming out anyone remember how all sheens assured us since launch in 05/06 the dvd would be a hinderance all these devs would have problems, games wouldnt release or have loads of content cut? Outside of a few instances where devs were shown to be liars none of that happened.....

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

wii u

Sweenix

Oh you !

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Well R* said there is almost no difference between the two.

I'm getting the PS3 version first cos it's the only console I have

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Xbox 360.

Better Controller. Friends.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kerrman

PS3 version of course. R* showed most of their footage with the PS3 version. But I'll also buy it on PC. GTA is just meant to be played on a PC.Suppaman100

I'm not enraged by this or anything, but can you point in the direction of that fact? People keep saying it (so it must be true!) but I haven't heard they have been showing the PS3.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Suppaman100

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]PS3 version of course. R* showed most of their footage with the PS3 version. But I'll also buy it on PC. GTA is just meant to be played on a PC.kerrman

I'm not enraged by this or anything, but can you point in the direction of that fact? People keep saying it (so it must be true!) but I haven't heard they have been showing the PS3.

Here you go. http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gta5/news/gta_5_gameplay_trailer_all_footage_from_ps3_version_rockstar_confirms.html
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kerrman

[QUOTE="kerrman"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]PS3 version of course. R* showed most of their footage with the PS3 version. But I'll also buy it on PC. GTA is just meant to be played on a PC.Suppaman100

Here you go. http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gta5/news/gta_5_gameplay_trailer_all_footage_from_ps3_version_rockstar_confirms.html

Nice, I was curious if they mentioned it actually running better, but it was "for those asking" not a "PS3 ftw" thing.

Thanks for the link :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Xbox 360.

Better Controller. Friends.

kerrman

yes i also prefer 360 controller.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

They showed the 360 version of GTAIV, and then PS3 gamers got the vaseline edition and kicked up a storm.

So to prevent that happening again, they're showing the inferior version (PS3) so that theres no disappointment come release day. 360 owners are in for a treat, thanks to the 360s RAM architecture, a sharper game with better draw distance.

:cool:

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

I'm also predicting that this game will kill off the remaining Fat launch PS3's and old 360's .

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Differences should be minimal. Apparently Rockstar built the game up properly on the PS3 instead of trying to port an Xbox 360 version which made both GTA IV and RDR very rough ports. 

EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts

PS3 version for me:

1) PS3 is the showcased version meaning that it'll be the same as or better than the Xbox 360 version. Wouldn't make sense for R*, or any company for that matter, to showcase an 'inferior' version.

2) I'm not dealing with multiple discs, even if one is just for game install. DVDs scratch easy enough, scratch either disc and you're f*cked. While Blu-ray discs are much more resistant to scratches.

3) I have a fat Xbox 360 and the last thing I want is for it to RROD during my GTA V splooge-fest; hence why I will be playing it on my PS3 Slim.

I have plenty of friends that play on both systems and I enjoy both the X360 and DS3 controllers so they do not sway me either way.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suppaman100

They showed the 360 version of GTAIV, and then PS3 gamers got the vaseline edition and kicked up a storm.

So to prevent that happening again, they're showing the inferior version (PS3) so that theres no disappointment come release day. 360 owners are in for a treat, thanks to the 360s RAM architecture, a sharper game with better draw distance.

RR360DD
Yeah, have fun with your inferior 360 version of GTA V. :lol:
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clyde46
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Suppaman100

360 still has the edge in multplats, plus we have the better online service and the best controller.
Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Suppaman100

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

clyde46

360 still has the edge in multplats, plus we have the better online service and the best controller.

"we"? You work for microsoft?

Anyway...we, have the best games, free online service that's just as good as Xbox Live and PSN+ that's better than Xbox Live. The Dualshock 3 is good enough. Also 360 is last place in sales. So overall.

PS3 > 360

360 will only be infamous in the future for this:

How does it feel to never win a console war lemmings? :lol:

chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#30 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
The only difference between the two versions is that the 360 one is on multiple disks. This makes PS3 the obvious choice
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Yeah, have fun with your inferior 360 version of GTA V. :lol:Suppaman100

Anyway...we, have the best games, free online service that's just as good as Xbox Live and PSN+ that's better than Xbox Live. The Dualshock 3 is good enough. Also 360 is last place in sales. So overall.

PS3 > 360

Implying I care about sales. Face it Cow, the 360 version will be the best version.
Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Suppaman100
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] 360 still has the edge in multplats, plus we have the better online service and the best controller. clyde46

PS3 > 360

Implying I care about sales. Face it Cow, the 360 version will be the best version.

Face it lemming. PS3 version will be the best version. Here are some facts, I suggest you use them in the future instead of your incoheren fanboy rambling. * http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gta5/news/gta_5_gameplay_trailer_all_footage_from_ps3_version_rockstar_confirms.html * 360 version will have multiple discs :lol: :lol: :lol: Pathetic Have fun with your sh*tty GTA V experience, only on 360.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"] "we"? You work for microsoft?

PS3 > 360

Suppaman100

Face it lemming. PS3 version will be the best version. Here are some facts, I suggest you use them in the future instead of your incoheren fanboy rambling. * http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gta5/news/gta_5_gameplay_trailer_all_footage_from_ps3_version_rockstar_confirms.html * 360 version will have multiple discs :lol: :lol: :lol: Pathetic Have fun with your sh*tty GTA V experience, only on 360.

Thats to show you Cows that the PS3 isn't getting a shit version like RDR and GTA4. As for the multiple discs, its a content install. Same as Forza, you install the content then you play. I bet that I can be playing with both discs installed to my drive well before you have finished installing the PS3 version. Once again, Cows get the shaft when it comes to multiplats :lol:

I already know that R* confirmed they were showing the PS3 version. I have watched the trailers you moron.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Suppaman100

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="clyde46"]  Implying I care about sales. Face it Cow, the 360 version will be the best version. clyde46

Thats to show you Cows that the PS3 isn't getting a shit version like RDR and GTA4. As for the multiple discs, its a content install. Same as Forza, you install the content then you play. I bet that I can be playing with both discs installed to my drive well before you have finished installing the PS3 version. Once again, Cows get the shaft when it comes to multiplats :lol:

I already know that R* confirmed they were showing the PS3 version. I have watched the trailers you moron.

Ow my, the butthurt is big with this one. I hope you have fun with your inferior crappy experience on 360. Anyway keep on going with your
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Face it lemming. PS3 version will be the best version. Here are some facts, I suggest you use them in the future instead of your incoheren fanboy rambling. * http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gta5/news/gta_5_gameplay_trailer_all_footage_from_ps3_version_rockstar_confirms.html * 360 version will have multiple discs :lol: :lol: :lol: Pathetic Have fun with your sh*tty GTA V experience, only on 360.Suppaman100

Ow my, the butthurt is big with this one. I hope you have fun with your inferior crappy experience on 360. Anyway keep on going with your

Ah, little cow has no more argument so he calls it DC. I will be enjoying the superior version on the 360 while I wait for the PC version.
Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Suppaman100
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="clyde46"]

clyde46

Ah, little cow has no more argument so he calls it DC. I will be enjoying the superior version on the 360 while I wait for the PC version.

You see we agree about one thing. the PC version is the absolute best version.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ziggyww

RR360DD
Reasons that are based of Fact and links to prove it. Otherwise you just sound like your normal slow witted fanboy self.
linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

the PS3 version will be superior.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

ziggyww

Reasons that are based of Fact and links to prove it. Otherwise you just sound like your normal slow witted fanboy self.

And where are your facts? The only fact you have is that they've been showing the PS3 version. Which means absolutely nothing.

Everything else you're rambling about is just specualtion. So don't attack me for having a go at the speculation game :lol:

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Suppaman100

[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

And where are your facts? The only fact you have is that they've been showing the PS3 version. Which means absolutely nothing.

Everything else you're rambling about is just specualtion. So don't attack me for having a go at the speculation game :lol:

360 version will need multiple discs. :lol: What is this? the 90's? Oh right, the 360 uses an inferior disc format. :lol: Have fun with the inferior 360 experience lem. :cool:
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ziggyww"] Reasons that are based of Fact and links to prove it. Otherwise you just sound like your normal slow witted fanboy self.Suppaman100

360 version will need multiple discs. :lol: What is this? the 90's? Oh right, the 360 uses an inferior disc format. :lol: Have fun with the inferior 360 experience lem. :cool:

You use one disc to play the 360 version

Disc 2 is an install disc that you use once. Guess what, PS3 has the same install :lol:

Dat desperation

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts
360 for me. Finally started playing TLoU over the weekend and just can't see myself using that controller for a game that is also available on the 360.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ziggyww

[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Thats the version they are showing off. Why would they show their inferior version. It could be the exact same but you seem to think the 360 version will be better with no facts. Fact is, its the PS3 version they are showing...why would they show the inferior one? makes no sense
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]GTA is just meant to be played on a PC.the_bi99man

INB4 fanboys scream "controller", as if the option isn't available to you.

Actually since 3 I always play with a KB/M while on foot and controller while in a vehicle. Only in 4 with the change of the shooting mechanic in cars I changed that a bit on some situations.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I have no idea which version will be slightly better... I made my choice based on which company is more deserving of my money... The answer... SONY'S PS3.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

RR360DD

Your lack of knowledge, common sense and logic is so great that it's almost hard to believe... then I remember, this is SW.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

on the ps3 since I never had problems with any rockstar's game on the ps3. Though I do feel like midnight club, rdr gta 4 and max payne were subpar games. Still excited for gta 5 cause it look likes it has varied content unlike those other games

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Based on Rockstar's past multiplats I'm going to guess the 360 version will be superior. Was in every game they did in the past, why would it be different now?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts
360 version for the controller, XBL community, and most people have headsets.