GTA 4 Remaster not coming to Switch as TOO WEAK!

• 49 results
Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

It seems the Switch won't be able to handle GTA4 remastered cause Rockstar want it to run at more than 540i @ 12.5 fps.

Such a shame the partnership with Rockstar was a fanboy fallacy conjured up in the mind of a certain sheep!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39252 Posts

How could it when its running GTA3 worse than a PS2🤦‍♂️Four additional years btw😊

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2143 Posts

Man, they should just stop.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Source?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

Source? Or is this just a sad response thread to the thread about Rockstars partnership with Nintendo.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

GTA IV barely runs on 360 and PS3.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

True. But since it does exist on those platforms, and runs with an acceptable framrate according to most gamers, a Switch version of GTA4 would be very possible, since Switch is around 360/PS3 level of power. I don't think Rockstar can/want to pull it off though, judging by how little shit they gave with the collection.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

Sounds like a real... Bait & Switch. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

True. But since it does exist on those platforms, and runs with an acceptable framrate according to most gamers, a Switch version of GTA4 would be very possible, since Switch is around 360/PS3 level of power. I don't think Rockstar can/want to pull it off though, judging by how little shit they gave with the collection.

I'd kill for a true GTA/RDR experience on the go. But yeah I'm willing to bet Rockstar won't find it worth the porting.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

They've already sent out the lawyers to modders making better content.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts
@jasonofa36 said:

Source?

I don't know why TC didn't provide a source here but anyway, here's the source on GTA4 possibly getting a remastered: GTA 4 Remastered release date reportedly confirmed by leaker but I don't know why it wouldn't work on Switch? The game itself is just as old as the Switch's hardware. I did enjoy GTA4, still have it on Steam but never was a fan of Niko but than again, I like the idea of playing a Russian protagonist.

There's also a rumor of a Red Dead Redemption getting a remastered as well: Red Dead Redemption remaster reportedly in development Rockstars is on the remaster train from the looks of it.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

540i @ 12.5 fps is still perfect on the Switch for Sheep though!

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

It was even worse on PC back then.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

Even though I'm not into GTA IV, I still hope that Rockstar and Take Two won't screw this remaster up for the fans like they did with the GTA Trilogy remasters.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

If rockstar main team doing it sure they can. I mean GTAIV, GTAV and RDR on the PS360 was quite the technical marvel while RDR2 on PS4 the world details and stable fps was just mindblowing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

@AcidTango said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It was even worse on PC back then.

True, the game was insanely unoptimized and still is compared to other RAGE-engine games like Max Payne 3 and GTA V.

But, if you aren't looking to get more than 60fps the game can actually run quite well on modern hardware. The only real dips are on the bridge crossing the islands.

@girlusocrazy said:

Switch should be getting a lot more PS3/360 ports but unfortunately none show up, even few GameCube/Wii titles are coming over.

The industry gets their money from microtransactions and mobile games, so they aren't really interested in porting over good games unfortunately.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16566 Posts

@kizza_soze: its a shame...plenty of people would love to play it on a handheld with the nice 8 inch oled screen. Personally I don't get whats with peoples fascination of rockstar games. I have never liked any of their games going back to GTA1. They all bored me to shit, put me to sleep. Even their open world 3D gta, other companies did it better. Square ( I think ) made the game Sleeping Dogs back in 2012 that told a yakuza story set in japan, and it shits all over GTA. Its a shame that not enough people played it, and Square didn't make a sequel.

They can't make a gtaiv on switch? What the heck is a gtaiv, is it even that amazing graphically?? Switch just got the crysis remaster done, witcher III, subnautica BZ, doom eternal, skyrim, etc. All of those games shit all over gtaiv. Hell subnautica BZ is a game that has trouble running on my PC with my midrange 2018 gpu. So yes, gta iv can be done on switch, its not even that special. The truth is rockstar doesn't want to make it work.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k

@girlusocrazy said:

There's room for different avenues to revenue and many people don't want those games, and the Switch has a huge void that could be filled with games like these.

Anyway good thing I kept my good games.

Completely agree, mate.

I would rebuy a ton of games to get them on a handheld and if the port job was done right.

But for a lot of these companies making some of the money is not why they are in the game, they want to make ALL The money, they want the whales.

AA publishers (Devolver, THQ Nordic) however are still interested in filling that void.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@girlusocrazy said:

There's room for different avenues to revenue and many people don't want those games, and the Switch has a huge void that could be filled with games like these.

Anyway good thing I kept my good games.

Completely agree, mate.

I would rebuy a ton of games to get them on a handheld and if the port job was done right.

But for a lot of these companies making some of the money is not why they are in the game, they want to make ALL The money, they want the whales.

AA publishers (Devolver, THQ Nordic) however are still interested in filling that void.

Luckily steamdeck will fix all of those will they or not port those games to portable. Just need to release the console itself first 🤣🤣

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@sakaixx said:

Luckily steamdeck will fix all of those will they or not port those games to portable. Just need to release the console itself first 🤣🤣

Yeah good luck launching new hardware during chip shortage/corona when you're not called Apple :p

I hope the steam deck is a succes, I might buy its successor. I'm looking for a tiny bit better button placement, and maybe the follow up chip for the ultimate handheld PC dream :)

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

Good their remakes are trash

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

Gta 4 is an awful game. Nothing here was lost.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@kizza_soze: its a shame...plenty of people would love to play it on a handheld with the nice 8 inch oled screen. Personally I don't get whats with peoples fascination of rockstar games. I have never liked any of their games going back to GTA1. They all bored me to shit, put me to sleep. Even their open world 3D gta, other companies did it better. Square ( I think ) made the game Sleeping Dogs back in 2012 that told a yakuza story set in japan, and it shits all over GTA. Its a shame that not enough people played it, and Square didn't make a sequel.

They can't make a gtaiv on switch? What the heck is a gtaiv, is it even that amazing graphically?? Switch just got the crysis remaster done, witcher III, subnautica BZ, doom eternal, skyrim, etc. All of those games shit all over gtaiv. Hell subnautica BZ is a game that has trouble running on my PC with my midrange 2018 gpu. So yes, gta iv can be done on switch, its not even that special. The truth is rockstar doesn't want to make it work.

I think Sleeping Dogs was actually their successor to True Crime...So, it kind of was their 3rd open world crime game.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

@davillain- said:
@jasonofa36 said:

Source?

I don't know why TC didn't provide a source here but anyway, here's the source on GTA4 possibly getting a remastered: GTA 4 Remastered release date reportedly confirmed by leaker but I don't know why it wouldn't work on Switch? The game itself is just as old as the Switch's hardware. I did enjoy GTA4, still have it on Steam but never was a fan of Niko but than again, I like the idea of playing a Russian protagonist.

There's also a rumor of a Red Dead Redemption getting a remastered as well: Red Dead Redemption remaster reportedly in development Rockstars is on the remaster train from the looks of it.

Bro... like how are you letting people start threads with completely fake news titles?

I get threads locked for far less.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen

Why is Elden Ring not coming to the Switch? Because the system can't handle a 360 looking open world game. Its sad, and you have four additional years of this.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Casey-Wegner

@hardwenzen said:

Why is Elden Ring not coming to the Switch? Because the system can't handle a 360 looking open world game. Its sad, and you have four additional years of this.

Because From are bum developers and can't even make good looking games on powerful hardware.

Nintendo can make amazing looking games on mobile hardware.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@casey-wegner said:
@hardwenzen said:

Because From are bum developers and can't even make good looking games on powerful hardware.

The Switch can't handle a Skyrim looking game, dude. Its getting so sad😢But then again, DF said that Dread pushed the Switch to its limits, and that game looks like it was released on Xbox Live Arcade for $9.99 back in 2011🤷‍♂️It is what it is.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Casey-Wegner

@hardwenzen said:
@casey-wegner said:
@hardwenzen said:

The Switch can't handle a Skyrim looking game, dude. Its getting so sad😢But then again, DF said that Dread pushed the Switch to its limits, and that game looks like it was released on Xbox Live Arcade for $9.99 back in 2011🤷‍♂️It is what it is.

Dread is better than any of the trash Sony has ever made

hope that helps

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@casey-wegner said:
@hardwenzen said:
@casey-wegner said:
@hardwenzen said:

Dread is better than any of the trash Sony has ever made

hope that helps

That's just delusional thinking, and you know that. Why do you keep insisting of being wrong?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I disagree that the frame rate was acceptable. It was very off putting:

Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Loading Video...

Yeah, but that's because you're not an average console gamer moron. Most people are fine with games running like that. Even "gaming journalists".

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

@kizza_soze said:

It seems the Switch won't be able to handle GTA4 remastered cause Rockstar want it to run at more than 540i @ 12.5 fps.

Such a shame the partnership with Rockstar was a fanboy fallacy conjured up in the mind of a certain sheep!

So your entire analysis of running a remaster or port of GTA IV is based entirely on the poorly optimised GTA Trilogy on the Switch?

If you understood anything about game development (which you don't seem to), you can create/recreate games on any platform, but if the development team don't optimise/test the game it will run poorly no matter what hardware you run it on.

I mean just look at the frame rate issues on Series X and PS5 on this game. It has nothing to do with the performance of the base hardware, it's all about the bad development.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Litchie said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, but that's because you're not an average console gamer moron. Most people are fine with games running like that. Even "gaming journalists".

True. It shouldn't have gotten the score it got with those frame rate issues imo, considering driving is the main part of the game.

Can you imagine coming from the PC where you're used to playing at 60fps and you start playing GTA 4 on consoles. It is VERY jarring.

OH, that reminds me. I was arguing with a cow about Forza Horizon a while back and he thought that you steal cars in FH. XD

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Litchie said:

True. It shouldn't have gotten the score it got with those frame rate issues imo.

Can you imagine coming from the PC where you're used to playing at 60fps and you start playing GTA 4 on consoles. It is VERY jarring.

I did, hahaha

And I remember being very impressed by it: the technical side of things, the city, the physics, the graphics. In fact GTA IV's physics still easily beats out 99% of games today.

I guess I was just appreciative of the times where it did run locked 30fps... I can't remember any time where I had to put the game down or stop playing because of the bad performance.

But then years later when I saw the console version back again after playing the PC version for so long... Man, that was rough. The draw distance was awful too.

I'm very happy the (next gen) console space has finally moved on to 60fps as a standard.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HalcyonScarlet

@R4gn4r0k said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Litchie said:

True. It shouldn't have gotten the score it got with those frame rate issues imo.

I did, hahaha

And I remember being very impressed by it: the technical side of things, the city, the physics, the graphics. In fact GTA IV's physics still easily beats out 99% of games today.

I guess I was just appreciative of the times where it did run locked 30fps... I can't remember any time where I had to put the game down or stop playing because of the bad performance.

But then years later when I saw the console version back again after playing the PC version for so long... Man, that was rough. The draw distance was awful too.

I'm very happy the (next gen) console space has finally moved on to 60fps as a standard.

I was just grateful when it ran at a 30fps locked. I don't think I ask for much, but the sub 30fps driving sections was like "WTF" to me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I was just grateful when it ran at a 30fps locked. I don't think I ask for much, but the sub 30fps driving sections was like "WTF" to me.

GTA IV is notorious for its framedrops on PC too, but I have to say: the last time I played it on PC, I didn't notice a single one.

Perhaps it dropped from 60 to 50 on the bridges when crossing the islands (where it loads a new level) but I can't say I noticed any of it.

I played it at 4K with the yellow tint remover and it looked really great.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10629 Posts

@casey-wegner said:
@hardwenzen said:

Dude, the switch have sales and critical praises reviews over ps and Xbox when it comes to software. Graphics, whether they’re visual or technical, is one of few areas that Nintendo have restricted the switch on the shallow end of the dream pool.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

Do we want another GTA remaster just focus on getting 6 out.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

Man, they should just stop.

They really should GTA 6 or stop imo

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#42 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Does anyone even want a remastered GTA IV on anything after GTA Trilogy Remasted?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11162 Posts

While Switch is trash-tier hardware... maybe this is a good thing? Considering how the last remaster turned out.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Casey-Wegner

Cows are so desperate not to lose to Nintendo at something they'll sit around for pages talking about fake news if it serves their fantasy land.

Pathetic.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

Just stop it... This is silly. If an old game like Gta4 can't run on switch its rockstar problem not Nintendo. Do we not have myriad examples kf more modern games running perfectly fine when optimized for the console?

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

No link of any GTA4 Remaster being worked on, no believe

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#48 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

No Nintendo fan should be hyped about the possibility of this happening after the garbage that is GTA remastered trilogy.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

@davillain- said:
@jasonofa36 said:

Source?

If i was to hazard a guess i would say that R* will take the same approach they took with the trilogy definitive edition and use UE4 as some sort of wrapper for the original game.

The switch wouldn't have the headroom to run GTA4 on UE 4 in the same way GTA 3 runs on UE4 (which already produces a poor result on....well...everything. but the switch especially).

The switch could certainly run GTA4 and 5 but R* would need to get the original codebase and port it properly. that would cost more money and poor R* are cash strapped :P.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

Recall when GTA4 was ported to PC.

Even though PC hardware objectively outperformed consoles by a wide margin, ran like a train wreck. Like playing an alpha.

Much like Dark Souls PC port, critics were too busy fapping to its reputation to give it a poor review.

Partly why I just disregard reviews now and just listen to Ghost or Champ.