GTA 4 on ps3, it actually is 720p?

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="Nolan16"][QUOTE="UpSwing"][QUOTE="Nolan16"]

lol you Xbox fan boys have yet to answer to my argument because you can't. Show me proof of his statements show me a presentation show me something. You can't now shut up while I go play GTA IV in 720p as stated by rock star...life is good.

UpSwing

The only "proof" you seem to have is a PR guy from Rockstar saying in a Magazine, Long BEFORE the game ever released that the game was 720p. And it DOES output at 720p. Just NOT Natively. So he's not completely Lying when he said that.

These guys over at Beyond3D have does this HUNDREDS OF TIMES. ( Most people don't realize this )

Most people just know about Halo 3 ( 640p ) and COD 4 ( 600p ).

So ask yourself. Were they wrong about those games? No, ofcourse not. And they aren't Wrong about the PS3 version of GTA IV either.

THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

Lol dude it's still pointless a guy at rock star wouldn't claim something if it wasn't true a dev wouldn't say anything rock star wouldn't want him to do. These guys tell people things without even showing them or even explaining it to them. This is the real world buddy without Evidence your opinion means jack Sh*t.

OK. Let's try to put this into perspective here.

Everyone knows that it's the Guys over at Beyond3D that "discovered" Halo 3 was 640p.

Were they wrong? NO

Everyone also knows they are the ones who discovered COD 4 was 600p.

Were they wrong about that one? NO

Here is a list of other Games that they WEREN'T wrong about either....

But now you're trying to tell me that After being RIGHT about a Few Hundred Times now, that they are WRONG about the pS3 version of GTA IV because of what some PR guy told a Magazine BEFORE the game was ever released.

YOU MUST BE JOKING! LOL

"every mario game has been rated AAA, Sunshine will get AAA"

"GTA3 got AAA, GTA:VC got AAA, GTA:SA got AAA, therefore GTA: LCS will get AAA!"

"All Metroid Prime games have gotten AAA thus Corruption will get AAA too!"

"What? John Romero worked on a great game before therefore Diakatana will be the best!"

"Doom 1 was revolutionary, Doom 2 was one of the best FPSes of all time, therefore Doom 3 is a definite AAA"

You see where im going with this. The past doesnt guarantee the future.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#152 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
[QUOTE="Nolan16"][QUOTE="UpSwing"][QUOTE="Nolan16"]

lems lost this round because they have nothing expect a rumor against stone cold facts lets go play are GTA IV in 720p cows lol.

lawlessx

Hey you took the words right out of my mouth speak of the devil he's using rumors over facts what a intelligent man he is huh lol.

and once again..just because a rep from rockstar said something about the game..it doesnt mean it's true. you're currently gasping for straws right now.

lol and what a guy said on forums is true I can say the same thing expect we have something you don't you guys can try and try but you have no facts at least we have a guy from rock star saying it you have a guy from a forum. The sad but honest truth is no proof = no facts.

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts

640P or 720P...which resolution willthe PS3 DLC be in this fall when it does NOT release?

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

Why are lems so keen on this being true? I've read inumerous reviews that said they both look identical, and quite a few of them give the edge to the PS3, so why are you guys bothering? Eddie-Vedder

That isn't the issue.

Quaz(who said the game ran at 640p) even said he thought the PS3 version looked better.

But that is for reasons OUTSIDE of the resolution factors. The massive amounts of dithering on the 360 version make it look sloppy. The blurring filter on the PS3 version make aliasing harder to notice. The PS3 version has better HDR so the colors aren't as dull and they pop out more. The mandatory install makes it easier to lead higher res data faster so the PS3 has an advantage there.

But none of that has anything to do with the fact that they had to lower the resolution to allow all of those other things. The two versions demand the exact same amount of power from the machines. Small differences however make the PS3 version have a slight(so much that you need a microscope to see it) advantage.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.stiltzsy

Dude, did you read the link?

"Rockstar themselves confirmed both Xbox and PS3 versions to be running in native 720p back in previous issue of EGM during an interview when asked if GTA IV would be running 1080p native"

if you want you can go get the edition of EGM and check it out yourself...you dont need us to spoonfeed you everything :?

That was BEFORE Quaz busted them. Just like Infinty Ward and Bungie before them. If Quaz is wrong, then I'll admit ownage, but so far no one has disproved him on this. I can still quote Sony where they said the PS3 would have dual 1080P 120fps on games, but they changed that by the time they launched.

yes i agree but what do all these incidents have in common? the respective parties later made comments and corrected themselves/clarified. so how's about we wait and see if Rockstar does that? :wink:

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 stiltzsy
[QUOTE="thetruespin"]

how come none of this can be proved with any type of documentation / website / publication?

As it stands, we have a very detailed analysis showing that the ps3 runs at a lower rez vs. one forum post that backs none of its argument up with evidence.

II_Seraphim_II

Did you click the link? Did you see the part where it states that R* said that GTA4 is 720p on all platforms? yeah, thats all the documentation we need. Primary source > Secondary source. If you dont think R* said so, look for the EGM and find the qoute, research is part of debating.

What was the date of the interview and did he say NATIVE 720P?

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

Ok proof

PS3

Notice the PS3 is much blurryer and has blocks of pixals that are the same or almost the same color? Teltail signs of upscaling. The guys at beyond3d can determine the exact resolution and AA from this but I think its pretty obvious to us that there is upscaling oging on.

Oh and these are from indoor screenshots so different time of day has no effect.

originals

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
[QUOTE="killadread"]

[QUOTE="hungryheart077"]what the hell the people are talking about the game on the ps3 is 640p native.cobrax25

That has been proven WRONG. Stop relying on old scorces and no0bs on internet forums as the basis for your arguments and maybe you'll learn someting.

Rockstar's word on GTA4 on PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whatever BS source you're trying to pass of as a fact from other fanboys like you.

you really dont understand anything do you......

of course its gonna be captured in 720p....whats captured is exacly what is displayed on the TV....if its 640p upscaled to 720 displayed on the TV....than that is what would be caputed.....

that was the case for Halo 3 too....which was rendered bellow 720p.

proof?

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Console fanboys are so sad. Oh but myne iz da tru HDizzle. Who gives a flying frenchtoast. You guys fight about the dumbest things. I dont think lemming should feel sad either. Hello DLC. I would rather have extra content then teh HD. Besides half you people say you dont even own an HDTV so whats the point of the arguement.
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 stiltzsy
[QUOTE="stiltzsy"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.II_Seraphim_II

Dude, did you read the link?

"Rockstar themselves confirmed both Xbox and PS3 versions to be running in native 720p back in previous issue of EGM during an interview when asked if GTA IV would be running 1080p native"

if you want you can go get the edition of EGM and check it out yourself...you dont need us to spoonfeed you everything :?

That was BEFORE Quaz busted them. Just like Infinty Ward and Bungie before them. If Quaz is wrong, then I'll admit ownage, but so far no one has disproved him on this. I can still quote Sony where they said the PS3 would have dual 1080P 120fps on games, but they changed that by the time they launched.

yes i agree but what do all these incidents have in common? the respective parties later made comments and corrected themselves/clarified. so how's about we wait and see if Rockstar does that? :wink:

But if we just wait they won't come out and say anything. It takes a fanboy uproar to get them to comment.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

Ok proof

PS3

Notice the PS3 is much blurryer and has blocks of pixals that are the same or almost the same color? Teltail signs of upscaling. The guys at beyond3d can determine the exact resolution and AA from this but I think its pretty obvious to us that there is upscaling oging on.

Oh and these are from indoor screenshots so different time of day has no effect.

originals

TOAO_Cyrus1

360 version is definately sharper from those images... its hard to tell which one i think looks better though. 360 version is more detailed but the blur effect on the PS3 one actually looks kind of nice.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#162 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts

Ok proof

PS3

originals

TOAO_Cyrus1

first photos your showing me pixles i don't know what you want me to say to pixels that looks awesome truly 720p?

second those 2 photos from what website did you research this from or was this a home project?

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

Ok proof

PS3

originals

Nolan16

first photos your showing me pixles i don't know what you want me to say to pixels that looks awesome truly 720p?

second those 2 photos from what website did you research this from or was this a home project?

These are two of the screenshots I got from the thread a beyond3d. I just zoomed in the maximum amount on each and I believe its pretty obvious that the PS3 is upscaling.