GT5 and MAG to be released THIS YEAR!!!!!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

LINKY

for every1 who doubts GT5 releasing this year. Look at the facts.....

-The producer has gone on record to say that GT5 could be released any day now. Meaning it's pretty much already finished. They're just waiting on the proper strategic time to release it (ie. releasing your biggest game at the same time as a price drop = more $). If the game is already ready to be released, why would they hold it back until after the lucrative holiday season? They won't. Simple as that. There's no way Sony would intentionally miss out on the most lucrative season to make money.

-GT5 was the only upcoming game in the near future at E3 that did NOT have a release frame. Uncharted 2, God of War III, R&C, MAG, Heavy Rain, etc were all given release frames. GT5 was strangely not given a frame of release at all. Think about it... why wouldnt they tell us? Because it's popular consensus that GT5 will come out when their is a price drop. Hence, giving the release date of GT5 would give away the date of a price drop.

MAG November 12

GT5 December 5.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

If this is true WITH a price cut and a slim then I guarantee ps3's will outsell 360's, heck maybe even the wii

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

I hope they dont rush GT 5 out the door for holiday sales.

Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
That's one hell of a source you got there.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

Too many games!!! Good thing I have gamefly.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
No way! That can't be true.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

If this is true WITH a price cut and a slim then I guarantee ps3's will outsell 360's, heck maybe even the wii

imaps3fanboy

har har.... "insert game, deal, bundle, ponies here, will save the ps3!!!"

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

No way! That can't be true. EmperorSupreme
That's because it probably isn't.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Jak & Daxter for PS3 would kill every other game in the market.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
im taking as a grain of salt and would rather wait for US release dates with confirmation from sony....
shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
looks more like rumor than confirmation. I'm not holding my breath.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

rogerjak
truth....this game alone would complete my year
Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
how is a chart i could make on ms word confirmation? it sounds like another one of those 'a reliable source told us...' deals
YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YekDastan316

rogerjak

jak & daxter is coming out on psp not ps3. naughty dog cant juggle uncharted 2 and that at the same time...

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

If its true. Sony may have a decent Holiday. If not well, meh, it happens.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Good news, finally some exact dates for these games.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rza_rectah

rogerjak
too bad its a ps2/psp game. I still havent played a Jak and daxter game though.
bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
Ill wait for something more reliable.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#19 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

That sounds rather agressive...

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]

YekDastan316

jak & daxter is coming out on psp not ps3. naughty dog cant juggle uncharted 2 and that at the same time...

Blasphemy!! Your lack of faith makes puppies cry!

I will until the end of time for a J&D game made by ND for PS3!!

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I want to play MAG , butI think they should wait on that title even if it could be ready to go...... people are going to be playingUncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer for the ps3 in the near future and that will give them more timewith the beta process and fine tuning.

They sould delay GOD OF WAR III until June and put MAG there instead ! :o

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

I want to play MAG , butI think they should wait on that title even if it could be ready to go...... people are going to be playingUncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer for the ps3 in the near future and that will give them more timewith the beta process and fine tuning.

They sould delay GOD OF WAR III until June and put MAG there instead ! :o

Hell no to that God of war is fine where it is.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

1) Retailers aren't even remotely reliable when it comes to release dates; if they don't have a confirmed release date, they usually go on whatever the latest rumour is.

2) Furthermore, the release date doesn't make any sense. As many (including myself) have said, if GT5 had even the remotest chance of making a 2009 release date, it would have been *everywhere* at E3. They would have shown gameplay. It would have been playable on the show floor. Every other word out of Jack Tretton's mouth would have been "GT5". You wouldn't be able to make eye contact with a Sony rep without them saying "GT5 is coming out this year!". Uncharted 2 would be renamed "Uncharted 2: GT5 is coming out in 2009". You get the idea.

3) As I and the thousands of other Canadians who have tried to cheat their way through government-mandated French classes can attest to, you can't trust online translators.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

Rza_rectah

I don't see how GT5 would be rushed seeing as its been in development for a long time, now.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

1) Retailers aren't even remotely reliable when it comes to release dates; if they don't have a confirmed release date, they usually go on whatever the latest rumour is.

2) Furthermore, the release date doesn't make any sense. As many (including myself) have said, if GT5 had even the remotest chance of making a 2009 release date, it would have been *everywhere* at E3. They would have shown gameplay. It would have been playable on the show floor. Every other word out of Jack Tretton's mouth would have been "GT5". You wouldn't be able to make eye contact with a Sony rep without them saying "GT5 is coming out this year!". Uncharted 2 would be renamed "Uncharted 2: GT5 is coming out in 2009". You get the idea.

3) As I and the thousands of other Canadians who have tried to cheat their way through government-mandated French classes can attest to, you can't trust online translators.

PBSnipes

So true man, so true.

White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

Im not all that interested in GT5, but i know MAg is going to be epic.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Riverwolf007

PBSnipes

wow i always forget about the french classes and the road signs and such...you poor guys are living in an occupied country, they prolly throw you into an oubliette if you dont pass. you need to start a revolution or something...

how can you have the Queen of England on your money and have to learn french???

it makes no sense at all

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Jak and Dexter ? ? ? ? ? Dexter?

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]

Riverwolf007

wow i always forget about the french classes and the road signs and such...you poor guys are living in an occupied country, they prolly throw you into an oubliette if you dont pass. you need to start a revolution or something...

how can you have the Queen of England on your money and have to learn french???

it makes no sense at all

dont you have to learn spanish in american classes?...but ya those french classes was a pain. luckily my teacher and i saw eye to eye on everything;) so she passed after me flunking it 3 times. oh and those road signs are in quebec no way would they put those all over canada. queben is the french canada

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

yeah boy more baseless rumors from random websites. Keep em coming im sure after 10000 sites one of is bound to be right.

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
Sony would be stupid to release MAG this year, especially in November. GT5 also doesn't seem like a wise decision for sony, but at the end of the day I'd rather play it now then wait for it longer, so bring it on.
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rza_rectah
[QUOTE="bleehum"]

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"]

I don't see how GT5 would be rushed seeing as its been in development for a long time, now.

I just dont what it to be unfinished i want it to look polished to the max with great online.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

yeah boy more baseless rumors from random websites. Keep em coming im sure after 10000 sites one of is bound to be right.

Fizzman
but see when all the various sources start to say the same thing it looks more and more real. for example, the ps3slim has had various sources and parts of the rumor to make it credible and i'm starting to think the whole GT5 in 2009 is real too.
applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts
So: Uncharted 2 - Oct. 13 Ratchet & Clank - Oct. 27 M.A.G. - Nov. 7 Gran Turismo 5 - Dec. 5 And a potential announcement of a PS3 Slim, not bad for PS3 owners lol
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

jyoung312

but see when all the various sources start to say the same thing it looks more and more real. for example, the ps3slim has had various sources and parts of the rumor to make it credible and i'm starting to think the whole GT5 in 2009 is real too.

according to the very same websites the ps3slim was supposed to release like 11 years ago, and GT5 was already supposed to be out. They just change the date after they have been proven wrong.

DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts

The document is this:

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Riverwolf007

the spreadsheet i just made says nov 16th

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]

ActicEdge

So true man, so true.

Yup, I got busted a couple of times

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts
... remember, remember the 5th of December .... cause its my bro's bday ... lol.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

They would not allow MAG to be released a few days before MW2, its just not a good plan at all.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

El PSP es como el hoyo, no se como algunos lo consideran una consola, quien compraria uno aparte de los 54 millones de imbeciles que gastaron su plata en eso, es cerda, una basura.martinmiranda

What?...

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts

[QUOTE="martinmiranda"]El PSP es como el hoyo, no se como algunos lo consideran una consola, quien compraria uno aparte de los 54 millones de imbeciles que gastaron su plata en eso, es cerda, una basura.WiiMan21

What?...

something about the psp being a hole that sony have thrown 54 million into i think, i'm not very good with spanish
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

[QUOTE="martinmiranda"]El PSP es como el hoyo, no se como algunos lo consideran una consola, quien compraria uno aparte de los 54 millones de imbeciles que gastaron su plata en eso, es cerda, una basura.Richymisiak

What?...

something about the psp being a hole that sony have thrown 54 million into i think, i'm not very good with spanish

Babelfish = "The PSP is like the hole, not as some consider a console, that compraria one aside from 54 million of stupid idiot which they spent his silver in that, is bristle, a sweepings."
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
I hope GT 5 is true. Man Uncharted 2, then GT 5. Whoooo!
finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 finesse-gamer
Member since 2009 • 946 Posts

sure.

these two games have delay written all over them.

DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts

[QUOTE="Richymisiak"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

What?...

Nonstop-Madness

Babelfish = "The PSP is like the hole, not as some consider a console, that compraria one aside from 54 million of stupid idiot which they spent his silver in that, is bristle, a sweepings."

The PSP is like a grave (wich I assume is some spanish expression), not a console like some consider it, who would buy one apart from the 54M imbeciles that'll spent they're money in this, a pile of thrash.

Revelance to the thread - none.

clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
If true, I am very happy. 2009 really is the year of the PS3.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Exactly how often do these sources from foreign sites end up being true? :|

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Babelfish = "The PSP is like the hole, not as some consider a console, that compraria one aside from 54 million of stupid idiot which they spent his silver in that, is bristle, a sweepings."Nonstop-Madness

Thank you for proving my point about online translators. :P