GT5 AI finally showing intelligence?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

So i was watching youtube, and came across something golden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OndIn8IAl7A

Skip to 2:20.

...This may be pointless for the Lemmings...

But for the Die hard GT fans ("And LEMMINGS who actually like GT") this means everything...Especially coming from the "AI on rails" of the old days.

Player drives tward AI,

AI dodges abruptly.

Full of win.

Good work PD.(About time)

...Gamespot embedding, Or lack their of.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

That's actually very impressive.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
GT5 will completely wipe the floor with all forza games [spoiler] and by GT5 i mean God Turismo 5, a game that God himself developed and you can only play in heaven. Forza 4 > Gran Turismo5 :P [/spoiler]
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Looks like PD's really getting it together.I actually think this game will be worth the wait and haters will eat their words literally this board would have a massive explosion.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

Is PD actually doing something productive with their time?! Preposterous!

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
This game is real? Dang, i though it as a myth. Now i can stop my pre-order for the ps4 verison.. Come on!!! i want to drive a lambo into a volvo...
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Will the AI be intelligient enough to hit other cars to get around corners?

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
At first I saw the car going backwards and I was like "wut?" But then I realized it was a human player and then went back and saw the AI dodge the car. Nice.
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
It made me happy to see this. Also, it's nice to see you come all the way from GT Planet to share the knowledge =P
lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts

GT has always been THE racing game for me.

I dont care about damage or what they do, but i really hope they change the tyre-screetch sample they have used since GT1.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

It made me happy to see this. Also, it's nice to see you come all the way from GT Planet to share the knowledge =Pzero_snake99
no problem man, i'm always around to post un-seen GT updates!

TaigaTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TaigaTiger
Member since 2009 • 660 Posts

treedoor
Why would any racer do this? This isn't a simulation of burnout, accidents are avoided at all costs in real racing because it costs money to fix your car
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

treedoor
Is that how you drive in irl? :P
forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts
Welcome to 2005, Polyphony
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Bout feckin' time! Pretty sure F Zero on the N64 had better AI than any GT game... :? Still, GT5 looking better and better!
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

That's cool and all, but really the best thing they can do is not go down the same route Forza went with their ridiculous DLC system. Advertisements for crappy DLC plastered all over the place is bad enough as it is, but I don't need to be reminded every two seconds that I don't own such and such car, and no I will not pay extortionate prices for a few cars that should have probably been in the game in the first place. It's really irritating seeing cars that I'm supposed to be able to buy with big "locked" symbols on them. Not locked because I have to play the game to unlock them, as it should have been, but because I'm expected to pay a huge fee and download them as a stupid pack. This sort of thing really drives me up the wall,especially when they simultaneouslyruin the joy of unlocking new cars by throwing about a million pointless filler events at you. Drag racing? Really? Press go. You win. The game starts to feel more and more like an arcade racer with each "iteration".

Been meaning to rant about that for ages, but no one brought up any topics relating to Forza :P. Neither does this but it signifies my intense rage that even when it's only remotely.... yeah whatever. Forza 3 really does irritate me though. They managed to improve the racing a bit then somehow managed to backtrack on everything else. Good courses this time, but seriously, for the people saying there will be several Forza games released before the next GT keep in mind Forza 3 is essentially a glorified expansion pack and an interface for selling DLC. /rage

I'm not even that big on GT, and I don't even dislike Forza that much, I just really really dislike the direction Turn 10 have taken with Forza 3. At least I got it cheap. I would have been insulted had it been full price for half a game.......

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

That's cool and all, but really the best thing they can do is not go down the same route Forza went with their ridiculous DLC system. Advertisements for crappy DLC plastered all over the place is bad enough as it is, but I don't need to be reminded every two seconds that I don't own such and such car, and no I will not pay extortionate prices for a few cars that should have probably been in the game in the first place. It's really irritating seeing cars that I'm supposed to be able to buy with big "locked" symbols on them. Not locked because I have to play the game to unlock them, as it should have been, but because I'm expected to pay a huge fee and download them as a stupid pack. This sort of thing really drives me up the wall,especially when they simultaneouslyruin the joy of unlocking new cars by throwing about a million pointless filler events at you. Drag racing? Really? Press go. You win. The game starts to feel more and more like an arcade racer with each "iteration".

Been meaning to rant about that for ages, but no one brought up any topics relating to Forza :P. Neither does this but it signifies my intense rage that even when it's only remotely.... yeah whatever. Forza 3 really does irritate me though. They managed to improve the racing a bit then somehow managed to backtrack on everything else. Good courses this time, but seriously, for the people saying there will be several Forza games released before the next GT keep in mind Forza 3 is essentially a glorified expansion pack and an interface for selling DLC. /rage

I'm not even that big on GT, and I don't even dislike Forza that much, I just really really dislike the direction Turn 10 have taken with Forza 3. At least I got it cheap. I would have been insulted had it been full price for half a game.......

You can't say it's half a game though. Agree the "in your face" ads are terrible but the game released with tons of content. DLC is just extras, it wouldn't have been made if it didn't earn money! It's like if God of War on PS2 suddenly had a 15 euro DLC expansion released for it. Would that hurt or invalidate it's original awesomeness in any way?