Graphics king! Dude Raider? Gears of War clone? Time to throw that out.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26770.html

I think this is irrefutable proof that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, upcoming PS3 exclusive, is the best looking console game to date. Releasing Nov 20th.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts
I do believe that in most of the reviews for Lair, the graphics were well complimented.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BobHipJames

I do believe that in most of the reviews for Lair, the graphics were well complimented.gromit007

Did you watch the Gametrailers review? They complained of graphical glitches and a choppy framerate....something on which IGN also remarked. IGN didn't even compliment anything about the graphics, beyond the CG. I remember listening to a 1Up podcast where the guy denied the game even looked good...said it appeared as though it was doused in chocolate.

GRAPHICS king. I made no further claims.

OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts
On this board it's impossible for any game not on the 360, to look the best.
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts
I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

You just HAD to put "Graphics King" in the title, didn't you?

*Eagerly awaits Crysis-fueled flame war*

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BobHipJames

I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!donny666

Wow, that's some blazing wit you've got there.

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

I do believe that in most of the reviews for Lair, the graphics were well complimented.gromit007
Yeah I rented it and some of the levels are jaw dropping. Great graphics, awful game.

Uncharted looks great but it'll probably just get ignored and denied by all the PS3 haters.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BobHipJames

You just HAD to put "Graphics King" in the title, didn't you?

*Eagerly awaits Crysis-fueled flame war*

t3hTwinky

To clarify: I didn't have enough room to fit "console graphics king" in the title bar. That's why it's in my post.

Crysis is duly excluded. This game pimps Halo 3 and Gears of War judging from most recent footage/screens, though.

Notice the grenade explosions (I'm assuming the water explosions/barrel explosions are placeholders since they don't compare at ALL to those spectacular grenade explosions), the way their clothing becomes dampened and even soaking wet, and the way their muscles flex dynamically....especially the girl's back when she gets on the jet ski.

donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 donny666

[QUOTE="donny666"]I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!BobHipJames

Hey, I get my inspiration from the source material.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
It does indeed have great graphics....when the framerate is up and the screen isn't tearing. I agree TC, Uncharted does look to take the console title when it launches. Though it's possible for it to have stability problems as well.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

[QUOTE="donny666"]I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!donny666

Try and address the topic line. This weasely crap, although scathing (ooooh), isn't getting you anywhere.

Avatar image for AchievementNuts
AchievementNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AchievementNuts
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts

I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!donny666

SNAP! :shock:

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BobHipJames

[QUOTE="gromit007"]I do believe that in most of the reviews for Lair, the graphics were well complimented.Ibacai
It does indeed have great graphics....when the framerate is up and the screen isn't tearing. I agree TC, Uncharted does look to take the console title when it launches. Though it's possible for it to have stability problems as well.

It doesn't look like a repeat of Lair's technical issues....Ratchet has solidified what first party developers can accomplish in my mind. The framerate is nearly double what it was on the E3 demo and all screen tearing is gone...outlook is good for Uncharted given how much Naughty Dog contacts Insomniac Games and shares design techniques.

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
yep the game is simply awesome
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobHipJames

[QUOTE="donny666"]I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!AchievementNuts

Watch the video, refute my claim.

I expect you to stop at the first step, and then go sit in the corner.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

Wow. Why do you have to stop the jetski to fire a shot? Is it bad gameplay? Or does the player not have any idea what he/she is doing?

Also the explosion and water effects are horrible. Great animations though.

AchievementNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AchievementNuts
[QUOTE="AchievementNuts"]

[QUOTE="donny666"]I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!BobHipJames

i'm afraid that game will flop, like so many other ps3 games :(

AchievementNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AchievementNuts

Wow. Why do you have to stop the jetski to fire a shot? Or does the player not have any idea what he/she is doing?DrinkDuff

she's observing teh awesome graphix :P

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

Sorry, but Crysis owns that title.

/Thread

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
Project Offset says no.
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 donny666
[QUOTE="donny666"]
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Try and address the topic line. This weasely crap, although scathing (ooooh), isn't getting you anywhere.

Ah I see now. You miss the point of my post, it was satire. It is very sad the state of SW and all of this "game X will pull everything around" and "game Y will kill game B" junk is silly. So I put up a silly post. Grats, there is one potentially awesome game on a failing system coming out soon.

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
You know what I want to see in games? Dust on the wind. lots of duty wind obscuring the view. that'd look cool.
Frostyhound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Frostyhound
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
You sir are completely right XD
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="donny666"]
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

[QUOTE="donny666"]I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!donny666

Ah I see now. You miss the point of my post, it was satire. It is very sad the state of SW and all of this "game X will pull everything around" and "game Y will kill game B" junk is silly. So I put up a silly post. Grats, there is one potentially awesome game on a failing system coming out soon.

One potentially awesome game? I'm afraid the awesomeness of this game really has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. This is purely based on the level of graphical flourish this game exhibits.

Silly post? Your satire seems to be directed at your own efforts. Your first post: "Gears pwns teh all" was one of which you later criticized. I don't know if this is hypocrisy or just slippery arguing.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BobHipJames

Project Offset says no.DonPerian

Project Offset has only been shown on PCs thus far. I'm inclined to agree, given the qualifier "when PCs are included."

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BobHipJames

Wow. Why do you have to stop the jetski to fire a shot? Is it bad gameplay? Or does the player not have any idea what he/she is doing?

Also the explosion and water effects are horrible. Great animations though.

DrinkDuff

Relentlessly negative. Typical. The water explosion and barrel explosion effects are particularly unimpressive. However, given the absolutely shockingly excellent grenade explosions, I expect everything to round out to about the same standard eventually.

I would even go as far as to say this game has some of the most impressive grenade launcher explosions of any game (again, save Crysis....that game has spectacular crashes, rubble, particle effects, etc in each explosion...).

"Why do you have to stop the jetski to fire a shot..." One person is driving, the other is shooting. You are controlling the driver when driving, the shooter when shooting. Makes perfect sense to me. Seriously, make up another ridiculous criticism. This thread is not about the gameplay. How many times do I have to squash this bug? Is it because you folks just cannot accept ownage to save your lives? All this talk about how bad cows are, I really thought there'd be some humility around here when your precious Gears of War finally ate dust.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xTHExJUICEx
Did anyone else noticed they changed the way it appears when you get shot? It doesnt look like blood anyymore.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Uncharted looks simply gorgeous, but Mass Effect looks slightly better.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
please don't let it be the jetski video AGAIN, please don't let it be the jetski video AGAIN... ahhh.. darnit...
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19591 Posts

Sorry, but Crysis owns that title.

/Thread

l-_-l

That goes without saying.
This thread must be talking about console games, since very few console games (late) this gen will be able to compete with Crysis.

[QUOTE="gromit007"]I do believe that in most of the reviews for Lair, the graphics were well complimented.BobHipJames

Did you watch the Gametrailers review? They complained of graphical glitches and a choppy framerate....something on which IGN also remarked. IGN didn't even compliment anything about the graphics, beyond the CG. I remember listening to a 1Up podcast where the guy denied the game even looked good...said it appeared as though it was doused in chocolate.

GRAPHICS king. I made no further claims.

I believe that you missed the subtelty of his message: Lair looked awesome, but was a crap game. Drake's Fortune looks awesome, but...?
xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xTHExJUICEx

Uncharted looks simply gorgeous, but Mass Effect looks slightly better.BioShockOwnz

Ill have to disagree, even though Mass Effect has some amazing looking characters the envirnments look very bland, I dont know nothing about Mass Effect jumps out at you and says "OMG THATS BEAUTIFUL", on top of that the animations in the game look very stiff, and the characters facial expressions are pretty bad.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BioShockOwnz

please don't let it be the jetski video AGAIN, please don't let it be the jetski video AGAIN... ahhh.. darnit...Always-Honest

:lol:

Yeah, I never thought a AA hyped game would get so many threads in one day. Crazy!

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts

gears vs uncharter, on one hand I get to play as a badass guy saving the earth from terror with some crazy fun multiplayer in the mix, on the other had I get to play as a bumb trying to be indiana jones while trying to score with a chick without multiplayer.

Yeah ahhh. I'll go with the badass.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Uncharted looks simply gorgeous, but Mass Effect looks slightly better.xTHExJUICEx

Ill have to disagree, even though Mass Effect has some amazing looking characters the envirnments look very bland, I dont know nothing about Mass Effect jumps out at you and says "OMG THATS BEAUTIFUL", on top of that the animations in the game look very stiff, and the characters facial emotions are pretty bad.

Are you telling me that the environment in this Uncharted vid is above and beyond anything in Mass Effect. I highly disagree. It's a great looking game, but very overrated in the graphics department. I've seen gorgeous vistas in Mass Effect vids.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xTHExJUICEx

gears vs uncharter, on one hand I get to play as a badass guy saving the earth from terror with some crazy fun multiplayer in the mix, on the other had I get to play as a bumb trying to be indiana jones while trying to score with a chick without multiplayer.

amorbis1001

And how that has anything to do with this thread....I have no idea.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xTHExJUICEx
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Uncharted looks simply gorgeous, but Mass Effect looks slightly better.BioShockOwnz

Ill have to disagree, even though Mass Effect has some amazing looking characters the envirnments look very bland, I dont know nothing about Mass Effect jumps out at you and says "OMG THATS BEAUTIFUL", on top of that the animations in the game look very stiff, and the characters facial emotions are pretty bad.

Are you telling me that the environment in this Uncharted vid is above and beyond anything in Mass Effect. I highly disagree. It's a great looking game, but very overrated in the graphics department. I've seen gorgeous vistas in Mass Effect vids.

When you add everything up, enviorments, animations, facial expressions, yes I believe Uncharted is leaps and bounds better looking then Mass Effect.

Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

yep the game is simply awesomei-lick-monkeys

Oh, is it really? Are the controls good?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Uncharted looks simply gorgeous, but Mass Effect looks slightly better.xTHExJUICEx

When you add everything up, enviorments, animations, facial expressions, yes I believe Uncharted is leaps and bounds better looking then Mass Effect.

Sorry, can't agree there. They both look amazing. I'll just leave it at that.

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
Naughty Dog + Amazing Graphics = Win.
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 amorbis1001
[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]

xTHExJUICEx

And how that has anything to do with this thread....I have no idea.

I have no idea either, just throwing random stuff out their :D

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="AchievementNuts"]

[QUOTE="donny666"]I think "Gears of War clone" is a bit unfair. I mean come on, Gears is way better than this game will ever be... oh snap!AchievementNuts

i'm afraid that game will flop, like so many other ps3 games :(

Yeah maybe here since this game site is ran by xbox 360 lovers but I think Uncharted and Ratchet will be AAA titles. If not then based on how gamespot rated games like zelda on the wii and resistance fall of man for the ps3, just shows me how much of a fan they are of bill gates and his genious of a machine with the 3 red lights. :P

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="AchievementNuts"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="AchievementNuts"]

Yeah maybe here since this game site is ran by xbox 360 lovers but I think Uncharted and Ratchet will be AAA titles. If not then based on how gamespot rated games like zelda on the wii and resistance fall of man for the ps3, just shows me how much of a fan they are of bill gates and his genious of a machine with the 3 red lights. :P

squallff8_fan

Are you serious? Dear lord..

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

amorbis1001

Yeah and u call buff guys hiding behind rocks to take cover from the enemy bad asses, lmao. Ill take indiana jones gameplay style and character look over sum big muscle men who look bad ass but have to take cover to fight there battles, and besides even if the uncharted character doesnt look bad ass, I would rather be able to climb walls and manuever like he does against enemy's then be all muscley but hiding behind objects like a little wuss just to take out a few little jumping critters, lmao. :P

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]

squallff8_fan

Yeah and u call buff guys hiding behind rocks to take cover from the enemy bad asses, lmao. Ill take indiana jones gameplay style and character look over sum big muscle men who look bad ass but have to take cover to fight there battles, and besides even if the uncharted character doesnt loo bad ass, I would rather be able to climb walls and manuever like he does against enemy's then be all muscle but hiding behind objects like a little wuss just to take out a few little jumping critters, lmao. :P

Marcus Fenix a wuss? What?! Oh boy, he's gonna get ya now.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 amorbis1001
[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]

squallff8_fan

Yeah and u call buff guys hiding behind rocks to take cover from the enemy bad asses, lmao. Ill take indiana jones gameplay style and character look over sum big muscle men who look bad ass but have to take cover to fight there battles, and besides even if the uncharted character doesnt loo bad ass, I would rather be able to climb walls and manuever like he does against enemy's then be all muscle but hiding behind objects like a little wuss just to take out a few little jumping critters, lmao. :P

lol when those big badass men gets close to you it all about da chainsaw so I guess that aint wussy, and the cover aint being wussy either it is being smart. think about it you might be big bulky steroid using manaic but a buller will still stop u unless u use cover.

btw that indiana jones wannabe hides behind wall like an even bigger wuss than the badasses.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Uncharted looks simply gorgeous, but Mass Effect looks slightly better.BioShockOwnz

Sorry, can't agree there. They both look amazing. I'll just leave it at that.

Eh, listen Bio, I will give you props for at least attempting to be impartial every single time you post.

However, it's prudent to mention that despite Mass Effect has really impressive animations, character models, shaders, etc in "conversation mode," it's almost an in-game cutscene. Despite running in real time it's not representative of gameplay. This has been clarified by the developers, who inform us that they use entirely different textures/details during these scenes than gameplay scenes. This is more than obvious when they show the actual gameplay vids. I'm not going to argue that the game is not impressive...but the sheer volume of shaders, the draw distances, the technology driving the animations and water (especially how the clothing gets wet....), the explosions, and the overall quality of textures across a span of an environment is quite a lot more established throughout Uncharted.

I would say that, without a doubt, the most impressive looking UE3-powered game is UT3 (with potential props towards Bioshock). Mass Effect has huge production values, will undoubtedly be a supremely excellent game, and has visual splendor to match, but the gameplay scenes do not appear to me to be top-rung. UT3, while not having as detailed character models up close, overall resembles a prettier picture during gameplay scenes. I am open to any recent footage that will change my mind.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
Did anybody else notice how they were dry before getting on the jetski, then while riding on the jetski they got all wet? Thats pretty cool.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Always-Honest

Eh, listen Bio, I will give you props for at least attempting to be impartial every single time you post.

However, it's prudent to mention that despite Mass Effect has really impressive animations, character models, shaders, etc in "conversation mode," it's almost an in-game cutscene. Despite running in real time it's not representative of gameplay. This has been clarified by the developers, who inform us that they use entirely different textures/details during these scenes than gameplay scenes. This is more than obvious when they show the actual gameplay vids. I'm not going to argue that the game is not impressive...but the sheer volume of shaders, the draw distances, the technology driving the animations and water (especially how the clothing gets wet....), the explosions, and the overall quality of textures across a span of an environment is quite a lot more established throughout Uncharted.

I would say that, without a doubt, the most impressive looking UE3-powered game is UT3 (with potential props towards Bioshock). Mass Effect has huge production values, will undoubtedly be a supremely excellent game, and has visual splendor to match, but the gameplay scenes do not appear to me to be top-rung. UT3, while not having as detailed character models up close, overall resembles a prettier picture during gameplay scenes. I am open to any recent footage that will change my mind.

BobHipJames

true. uncharted looks better in pure gameplay. There is more going on. don't forget that the stacked character animation also ads to visual delight. character movement animation in mass effect is clucky.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Always-Honest

Did anybody else notice how they were dry before getting on the jetski, then while riding on the jetski they got all wet? Thats pretty cool.mazdero

yeah, she was soo wet.

And so was he. man were they WET.