Graphic of Uncharted 3 is rough

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

22kristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 22kristian
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts
Uncharted 3 has the best animations and graphics i've ever seen on a console
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

wow that looks bad :lol:

ND should try harder

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Whats the problem? Looks fine to me.
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
so uncharted 1 looks better than 3? SW poster confirmed
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Textures, animations, scenery, and all are great. Jaggies kill everything, seriously, they're everywhere. I can't stand it :cry:

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

ND should try harder

KarateeeChop

You only seem to show up in threads involving something PS3 related and almost all of your posts seem to be aimed at just stirring up cows. What entertainment could you possibly get posting anything besides borderline flamebait? I'm not even sure you've ever contributed in a positive manner to any thread aside from bashing the PS3. I'll admit some of the responses you net are a bit humorous but you've turned into a one-trick pony. I'm not even sure you've ever posted what you like about other systems...

I'm just curious, what other game systems do you own? Wii, 360, PC??? Do you even own a PS3 yourself and can accurately judge some of these games and the system you contiuously bash?

You are free to post in whatever topic you want and say whatever you want, given that your posts stay within the domain of the TOU. You're also free to ignore this post, as I have seen you ignore other such posts in other topics but regardless...

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Wow the screencaps actually do the AA justice, usually people pick the ones that make the AA look bad but i like it.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

ND should try harder

commonfate

You only seem to show up in threads involving something PS3 related and almost all of your posts seem to be aimed at just stirring up cows. What entertainment could you possibly get posting anything besides borderline flamebait? I'm not even sure you've ever contributed in a positive manner to any thread aside from bashing the PS3. I'll admit some of the responses you net are a bit humorous but you've turned into a one-trick pony. I'm not even sure you've ever posted what you like about other systems...

I'm just curious, what other game systems do you own? Wii, 360, PC??? Do you even own a PS3 yourself and can accurately judge some of these games and the system you contiuously bash?

You are free to post in whatever topic you want and say whatever you want, given that your posts stay within the domain of the TOU. You're also free to ignore this post, as I have seen you ignore other such posts in other topics but regardless...

i'm not trying to stir up anything. those screens really look that bad :lol:

wait, i mean... those screens really look that bad :(

better?

oh and i only own a 360. but that shouldn't stop me from noticing how underwelming the recent u3 build looks, right?

at least i'm not one of those on this board that pretend to own a console they hate :P you know who you are

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#61 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Stop posting bad quality pictures from Youtube videos TC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Textures, animations, scenery, and all are great. Jaggies kill everything, seriously, they're everywhere. I can't stand it :cry:

TheGuardian03

Well Infamous 2 has no AA and i thought it looked good.

Yeah but the jaggies in Uncharted 3 just pop out EVERWHERE. Especially when the game is focusing on a certain thing (like on the airplane scene), the jaggies just ruin everything. I never had that problem with Flopfamous 2.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

ND should try harder

KarateeeChop

i'm not trying to stir up anything. those screens really look that bad :lol:

wait, i mean... those screens really look that bad :(

better?

oh and i only own a 360. but that shouldn't stop me from noticing how underwelming the recent u3 build looks, right?

at least i'm not one of those on this board that pretend to own a console they hate :P you know who you are

Hey cool, I'm always looking for new XBL friends, can I add you? I mostly play Reach.:)

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I've played the beta at a friends house.

It doesn't look like that

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
Are those just screencaps from the direct feed video?ferret-gamer
Short answer yes. Long answer, YES. From a 720P Youtube quality video, then the screens were resized to 1080P so they are stretched. Basically yeah...
Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Reiko2K1
Member since 2004 • 1288 Posts

lucky_star, Gears 3 beta didn't have any AA to begin with...

It's still gonna show. Compressed or not...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

What is that uglyness? Since the day U3 was announced i knew it would look worst than U2 simply because it supports 3D. But damn!!! this do look so ugly i don't even want to try the game if it really does look as bad.

Funky_Connor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Funky_Connor
Member since 2011 • 417 Posts

It will look amazing in motion. If you saw RajmanGaming's video of the Uncharted 3 Gamescon demo it looked very good.

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

It will look amazing in motion. If you saw RajmanGaming's video of the Uncharted 3 Gamescon demo it looked very good.

Funky_Connor

don't bother. these people are trying to comfort themselves by stating opinions as "facts". Uncharted 3 looks much better than Gears 3. heck, was Gears 3 even nominated for best graphics last E3 and the E3 before? HAHAHAHA. :lol: did it even get a single E3 award at all?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Awful lot of cows defending this mediocre looking movie.

Gears 3 and Rage will easily have the best visuals on consoles. Movies shouldn't count imo. :P

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 I_am_a_PS3_FB
Member since 2009 • 400 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]Are those just screencaps from the direct feed video?madmidnight
Short answer yes. Long answer, YES. From a 720P Youtube quality video, then the screens were resized to 1080P so they are stretched. Basically yeah...

No, do you know anything on how video compression works?

Put it this way > Direct feed video (probably full HD 1080p VBR maybe about 5-8mbps ) Compressed to 720p with High profile Mpeg-4 (h.264 probs) with a Bit Rate of maybe 2 - 3 mbps (yeah pretty large drop) and then you took screenshots of this 720p video while probably using a crappy 800x600 monitor then enlarged them to 1080p, uploaded them to a image sharing site and posted them on a forum?

TROLL

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Well i played the beta and these screenshots quality arent that far from what u see right now,UC3 doesn't look that good and yeah UC2 looks better...let alone the superior Graphics of Gears of War 3 and this is mi OPINION.
Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

This just in! PS3 exclusive uses eye tricks to get good visuals from a 5 year old machine! Amazing!

You people expect too much. It's looks fine, and you won't even notice half of this stuff in motion.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#75 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

[QUOTE="Funky_Connor"]

rumbalumba

don't bother. these people are trying to comfort themselves bystating opinions as "facts". Uncharted 3 looks much better than Gears 3. heck, was Gears 3 even nominated for best graphics last E3 and the E3 before? HAHAHAHA. :lol: did it even get a single E3 award at all?

And you are doing exactly the same! Both games will look fantastic, that the only fact here.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

I knew that right when I started the beta. I laughed at how jaggy Drake looked in the background from the MP menu. UC2 MP looked dreadful so that didn't come as a surprise. At least the game looks great in the etremely linear campaign with no co op and 5 enemies tops on screen.

TheBatFreak777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#77 TheBatFreak777
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

I'll be perfectly honest, I don't use YouTube because I hate the quality of their videos. Don't get me wrong, I love Google but for videos I use Vimeo. I just don't trust these silly quality debates when the videos referenced are from YouTube.

Just because a video has 720 lines of vertical resolution, or above for that matter, it does not mean that is the original quality. The video could have been taken from anywhere and stretched, etc, etc. There are a million different things that could happen.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Hideous game is hideous.
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
To be honest, anything that doesn't looka s good as U2 is unliekly to be representative.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
The graphics of the beta where not much better than UC2s ( maybe even worse) i do not know whats going on with naughty dog, i think they should leave Drake alone and make something new.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
man there should really be a whole other board for graphics, obviously that wont happen but i dunno how people can obsess over the same games graphics for so long
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#83 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

man there should really be a whole other board for graphics, obviously that wont happen but i dunno how people can obsess over the same games graphics for so longTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

thats all people care about nowadays.