GOW 3 Info ! Full1080P + NO Loading + 60 FPS

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/740233

enjoy (its in french btw)

GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GTR_FX
Member since 2009 • 1121 Posts

no loading?

like tony hawk where all the buildings, streets, and ramps popin 5 feet in front of you

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

no loading?

like tony hawk where all the buildings, streets, and ramps popin 5 feet in front of you

GTR_FX
I'm sure your a game developer right?
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

no loading?

GTR_FX
Afraid not.
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

It's upscaled

www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/?p=415

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts
if they pull that of it will be amazing
GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR_FX

It's upscaled

speedsix
i was expecting native 1080p due to the lackluster graphics
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
I was looking at some old screenies of GoW II this morning in an old issue of PSM and I'll tell you what - the screens of GoW III that we've seen lately are definately better graphics-wise... but not that much better...
RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts
60 fps? I'll have to see that to believe it.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
I knew these guys had something up their sleeves.
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
[QUOTE="speedsix"]

It's upscaled

The TRAILER, is upscaled - the game is nearly a year away from release and we've still not seen Jaffe's "amazing" graphics which tops anything he has ever seen - Playing GoWII still looks amazing, im sure Santa Monica can pull off a 60fps + No Loading Time + Native Full HD 1080p combo, especially with Insomniac and Naughty Dog as their third and fourth arm.
cuddlesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cuddlesofwar
Member since 2008 • 1138 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante865"][QUOTE="speedsix"]

It's upscaled

The TRAILER, is upscaled - the game is nearly a year away from release and we've still not seen Jaffe's "amazing" graphics which tops anything he has ever seen - Playing GoWII still looks amazing, im sure Santa Monica can pull off a 60fps + No Loading Time + Native Full HD 1080p combo, especially with Insomniac and Naughty Dog as their third and fourth arm.

This is something MS will need to improve on. Sony just have superior First Party devs. They're ambitious and hardworking, and SONY are always more then happy to help them. When Sony's first party create a game, it always raises a bar, Killzone's graphics being the most recent. Whereas ... MS just ... I dunno. MS don't seem to care.
Cybiotik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cybiotik
Member since 2006 • 1638 Posts
Yeah I can believe no loading...look at Gears of war...it loads once at the begining and thats it...we've had successfull transitions of no loading since last gen.
Fab92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fab92
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts
That sounds too good actually :?
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
thats awesome! :D
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
its sad that we make a big deal about features that should be standard by now.
angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 angry_fork
Member since 2008 • 2184 Posts
No loading isn't that big of a deal. Uncharted loads once in the beginning and then barely loads again throughout the game. 1080p + 60fps we'll have to see.
DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

This is something MS will need to improve on. Sony just have superior First Party devs. They're ambitious and hardworking, and SONY are always more then happy to help them. When Sony's first party create a game, it always raises a bar, Killzone's graphics being the most recent. Whereas ... MS just ... I dunno. MS don't seem to care.cuddlesofwar

I couldn't agree more. MS don't seem to foster the same kind of dedication and loyalty from developers. They just seem a lot more corperate, i.e. if its making money then dont fix it. Sony seem to have a bit more of a fighting spirit. Having said that, lets see what E3 brings this year, MS seem a little quiet and have been for a while in my books.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#20 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
The way the game looks right now, it might be possible.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

no loading?

GTR_FX
No like most PS3 games, with a 60 minute install, hahaha. J/K have you ever played God of War before? The 3 of them were the best looking games on their respective consoles and they had little to no loading. It'll easily be possible for this especially since it doesn't look like the best looking PS3 game (ATM)
blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts
[QUOTE="speedsix"]

It's upscaled

GTR_FX
i was expecting native 1080p due to the lackluster graphics

me too, i mean if its going to pull all that off then TC, you might as well put an = average graphics after that equation.
ArchDeathK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArchDeathK
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts
seriously, technically the game isnt doing anything special at all right now lol. so im guessing its possible. chances are however that this is just not true at all meant to hype up the game.
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts
i hope we see more in-game gameplay next month !!! :cry: !!
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

its sad that we make a big deal about features that should be standard by now.VideoGameGuy

Completely true. One of the major things that put me off from buying a PS1 back in the days was loading times. I hate them and it's long overdue that they are going away, for good. I can buy that it loads before a map but not in the middle of it, it takes you out of the experience, a la Oblivion. Also why is Sony marketing the PS3 as a much more superior machine when very few to almost zero games are native 1080p + 60fps on their system. I'm not impressed, in fact I expect that and much more from God Of War 3.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

Sounds great. :)

PS: It just says the framerate stays steady with lots of enemys on screen, not 60FPS. My french is good enough to know that. And also it loads while the cinematics are playing.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
Thats great news and it won't be the first PS3 game to be native 1080p with 60FPS. Yes I'm looking at you Wipeout HD!
GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GTR_FX
[QUOTE="GTR_FX"]

no loading?

bobbetybob
No like most PS3 games, with a 60 minute install, hahaha. J/K have you ever played God of War before? The 3 of them were the best looking games on their respective consoles and they had little to no loading. It'll easily be possible for this especially since it doesn't look like the best looking PS3 game (ATM)

wait..no loading as in once it loads it steams data? that nothing new :o I thought they meant theres no loading at all, like not even a first load I guess that makes sense
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
Great news, the game will be great :)
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Nice! :D
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
[QUOTE="speedsix"]

It's upscaled

Dante865

Why because all of their games have been 60 frames, no loading times and native 1080P? Please I really really doubt it'll be even close to any of that.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante865"][QUOTE="speedsix"]

It's upscaled

kingtito

Why because all of their games have been 60 frames, no loading times and native 1080P? Please I really really doubt it'll be even close to any of that.

Why? Santa Monica were basically wizards with the PS2's hardware. And as he said, with Insomniac and Naughty Dog providing support it's not so far-fetched.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="Dante865"] The TRAILER, is upscaled - the game is nearly a year away from release and we've still not seen Jaffe's "amazing" graphics which tops anything he has ever seen - Playing GoWII still looks amazing, im sure Santa Monica can pull off a 60fps + No Loading Time + Native Full HD 1080p combo, especially with Insomniac and Naughty Dog as their third and fourth arm.inertk

Why? Santa Monica were basically wizards with the PS2's hardware. And as he said, with Insomniac and Naughty Dog providing support it's not so far-fetched.

in case you forgot this is NOT the PS2. How many big games have come out with no loading, 60+ frames and native 1080P? That's what I thought.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="kingtito"]

kingtito

in case you forgot this is NOT the PS2. How many big games have come out with no loading, 60+ frames and native 1080P? That's what I thought.

we shall see. They are great devs and I believe all GOW were 60 fps. They seem to be using the Uncharted tech for the same no loading. MLB09 is 1080p and 60 fps.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="kingtito"]

kingtito

Exactly, it's NOT the PS2 and despite having the weakest hardware last generation they managed to create some of the best looking games available WHILE running at 60fps. But if you want to be cynical, think of it like this -- all the high profile action games this generation are 60FPS, no? DMC + NG. It's only natural progression.

I don't get you saying how many big games have done that though, put it this way. How many big games were released 3-4 years after each consoles respective launch, backed financially by either Sony or Microsoft to the extent GoW3 will be AND supported by 3 of the best studios when it comes to technical achievement? It was evident ONE game would eventually hit this benchmark and I think the conditions for this one warrant some optimism.

Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
Its all in 4D :)
0bscurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 0bscurity
Member since 2005 • 836 Posts
All these people making their sarcastic remarks forget it's GoW we're talking about, one of the best looking/playing gaming franchises from last gen. When it's released we'll see all the trolls run back to their bridges, just like with KZ2.
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
Seeing as how the game doesn't look that great...I guess its possible. I'm still waiting for a game that's 120fps with native 1080p :)
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dante865
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="inertk"] Why? Santa Monica were basically wizards with the PS2's hardware. And as he said, with Insomniac and Naughty Dog providing support it's not so far-fetched.inertk

Exactly, it's NOT the PS2 and despite having the weakest hardware last generation they managed to create some of the best looking games available WHILE running at 60fps. But if you want to be cynical, think of it like this -- all the high profile action games this generation are 60FPS, no? DMC + NG. It's only natural progression.

I don't get you saying how many big games have done that though, put it this way. How many big games were released 3-4 years after each consoles respective launch, backed financially by either Sony or Microsoft to the extent GoW3 will be AND supported by 3 of the best studios when it comes to technical achievement? It was evident ONE game would eventually hit this benchmark and I think the conditions for this one warrant some optimism.

kingtito: No - because Warhawk runs native 1080p without Loading - and God of War II ran in 720p HD in the NTSC region without loading, and i have yet to see a game do that on the PS2 beside Gran Turismo. - So yeah, i believe fully in SCE Santa Monica, Insomniac and Naughty Dog. I also rely on ND to eliminate all load times just as they did with Uncharted. And im sure no one would run the risk of hyping a game, especially God of War, to such limits. Oh and one more thing, weren't all God of War's 60fps? It's not hard, i mean its not as if its got millions of moving objects on screen. But fair enough, God of War III has pushed about 50 enemies on screen so i would like to see how they do it! :)

killzowned24: Oh yeah i just remembered MLB09! Theres something for you.

inertk: Exactly, 3 of some of the best companies around at the moment. I think something really special can come out of this game!

Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dante865
Seeing as how the game doesn't look that great...I guess its possible. I'm still waiting for a game that's 120fps with native 1080p :) Roushrsh
Isn't 120FPS not visible to the human eye?
GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GTR_FX
[QUOTE="Roushrsh"]Seeing as how the game doesn't look that great...I guess its possible. I'm still waiting for a game that's 120fps with native 1080p :) Dante865

no, the human eye can see beyond 120 fps
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dante865
[QUOTE="Dante865"][QUOTE="Roushrsh"]Seeing as how the game doesn't look that great...I guess its possible. I'm still waiting for a game that's 120fps with native 1080p :) GTR_FX

You know what i mean - we cant see the difference after 100fps.... or was it 100Hz? Haha i dont remember :D
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Roushrsh
[QUOTE="GTR_FX"][QUOTE="Dante865"] Isn't 120FPS not visible to the human eye?Dante865

You know what i mean - we cant see the difference after 100fps.... or was it 100Hz? Haha i dont remember :D

If you read it on these forums or on some random site, I wouldn't trust it. I remember when P.C. gamers were bashing console owners for having games with only 30fps, some people would say stuff like our eyes can't see past 40 fps or 75 is the limit and that's already perfect so 30 doesn't make much of a difference.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
No loading screens would be awesome. It may sound like nit-picking but I hate them, they are so annoying in Fable 2 and Gears 2.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Why dont I believe this information....
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Roushrsh
Why dont I believe this information....skrat_01
The same reason everyone else who doesn't believe it, not believe it. ( I noticed this from your sig and like 10 other peoples sigs) Because you having a gaming rig :P So it seems pretty unbelievable
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

1080p 60fps this generation of consoles is a very silly tradeoff for non trivial games. If you do see it, expect very sacraficed visuals.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="speedsix"]

It's upscaled

Dante865

I would be VERY careful in taking a definitive stance on this. A lot of people said that about MGS IV and Resistance. Both are sub 1080p games. Often to put in more effects they will sacrifice the resolution in the end as it is far less important.

No loading times I can believe but that AND full 1080p visuals? Not a chance.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#50 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

[QUOTE="Roushrsh"]Seeing as how the game doesn't look that great...I guess its possible. I'm still waiting for a game that's 120fps with native 1080p :) Dante865

Depends who you are.

For most people beyond 60fps makes no noticeable difference.

However there are some people (like myself) who can tell the Differencebeyond 60, and even 75FPS.