God Of War Ragnarok Director Would Love A Shot At Castlevania.

• 143 results
KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3441 Posts

OMG they are going to ruin Castlevania now aren't they? More like Cattlevania am I right... sorry.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44145 Posts

Ewww, kill it with fire.

Or better yet...

lol :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

Oh Jesus….could you imagine it? Hand holding, hint icons, puzzles that get solved before you can start, cut scenes galore, button mashing and endless dialogue.

Please god no.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39213 Posts

@sealionact said:

Oh Jesus….could you imagine it? Hand holding, hint icons, puzzles that get solved before you can start, cut scenes galore, button mashing and endless dialogue.

Please god no.

Yea, i can imagine it. Winning goty, have actual good story and characters. Excellent gameplay, enemies variety, NOT have one biome like that other game, etc, etc. I can imagine it alright😁

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#55 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

They'd just turn Castlevania into a Sony movie game... But hey, at least that's better than Konami turning Castlevania into a pachinko machine.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Sorry, the people have spoken. Casual games like Ragnarok should be kept on PS for gamers like you who like their hands held in games, and classics like Castlevania shouldn’t be touched with a 10 foot barge pole by the devs who still do button mashing tugs of war in 2022.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jag85

@hardwenzen: You spelled "mediocre gameplay" wrong.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13026 Posts

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Sorry, the people have spoken. Casual games like Ragnarok should be kept on PS for gamers like you who like their hands held in games, and classics like Castlevania shouldn’t be touched with a 10 foot barge pole by the devs who still do button mashing tugs of war in 2022.

He is just mad that Halo Infinite, which has multiple biomes, has a 9/10 just like GOWR has a 9/10.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

Jelly cuz you can't play a GOTY grade title.

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen: You spelled "mediocre gameplay" wrong.

WUT? Gameplay is one of the better things about the game, and its a 94 meta magnump opus, it has a lot of good things going for it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sealionact

@hardwenzen: If the GOTY has last gen quality visuals, puzzles where your annoying sidekick solves them for you, button mashing, bosses that have half their health taken away from them when you respawn if they kill you, numerous weepy geeky feely npc’s spouting walls of non game related gunk and countless other aids, help and hand holding warning icons….then I’m good.

The little I played of the game bored me to tears. What gameplay? Walk, watch cutscene, button combo some enemies to death like street fighter 2, rinse and repeat.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: If the GOTY has last gen quality visuals, puzzles where your annoying sidekick solves them for you, button mashing, bosses that have half their health taken away from them when you respawn if they kill you, numerous weepy geeky feely npc’s spouting walls of non game related gunk and countless other aids, help and hand holding warning icons….then I’m good.

The little I played of the game bored me to tears. What gameplay? Walk, watch cutscene, button combo some enemies to death like street fighter 2, rinse and repeat.

Don't even try. This game is literally impossible by anyone else but Sony studios. And as always, its goty worthy if it wasn't for ER.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

Don't even try. This game is literally impossible by anyone else but Sony studios. And as always, its goty worthy if it wasn't for ER.

Even you could have made GOWR, with a Casio calculator no less.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Even you could have made GOWR, with a Casio calculator no less.

I could've made it because i have talent. You on the other hand, you have nothing.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

You on the other hand, you have nothing.

Why do you hurt my feelings like that? I have feelings, you know.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 912 Posts

Why can't we just get more of what good Castlevania was? How about another game like the og or Castlevania 4? How about another game like Symphony of the Night?

Let Dark Souls be Dark Souls.

Let Dad of War be Uncharted.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

I actually like the new GoW a lot more than the previous "saga" but i wouldn't want a Castlevania with that style ... Castlevania should not be a "cinematic" experience, i think Castlevania should be like Dark Souls, like someone said, Bloodborne is the perfect modern Castlevania.

I wouldn't mind another 2D "Metroidvania" as well, i like the style but they would need to do a lot more in order to stand out.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sealionact

@hardwenzen: “ its goty worthy if it wasn't for ER.”

That’s like saying Trump would have won if Biden didn’t win.

Ragnarok is more of the same. Made for ps4, no innovations, no fresh ideas, no challenge whatsoever. You complained endlessly about this game, and no wonder.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Yeah, Bloodborne definitely had CV vibes, thought about that a lot while playing. Given a choice between the two, a From take on CV would be way the **** more interesting. Even still, wouldn't want just Souls in a CV skin. But something like that with greater fluidity and mobility? Yes plz.

CV has been a lot of things, but whatever the case, it's always firmly been in the arcadey action platformer realm. Know 3d CV never really took off, but tbh Lament of Innocence was actually going in a good direction.

Either way, don't really want CV if it's just gonna be AAAAA journo bait. Like no shit it could be wildly successful, but who cares if it's only CV in name? Be like bringing back Darkman, but oh sorry, now it's part of the MCU.

Oh well. If this guy is really that enthusiastic about CV, hopefully he knows what's up. Just because he directed Dad of War doesn't mean he'll give CV the same treatment. Only worry is that if it did get that kind of budget, risks being saddled with similar drawbacks. Would rather see a AA game that isn't playtested to the point of cradling the player, or spending a significant amount of its time showing you how expensive it is.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@templecow90999 said:

Why can't we just get more of what good Castlevania was? How about another game like the og or Castlevania 4? How about another game like Symphony of the Night?

Let Dark Souls be Dark Souls.

Let Dad of War be Uncharted.

Try Bloodstained Ritual of the Night by the guy who worked on Symphony of the Night. Great indie metroidvania that you can put dozens of hours into and several different modes outside of the story. I thought that was a return to form from the Castlevania veteran.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jag85

I think MercurySteam deserves another chance at a Castlevania game. While Lords of Shadow was a trainwreck back in the days, they've since proved their worth with Metroid Dread. I could see them making a good Symphony of the Night style Castlevania game.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7201 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@sealionact said:

He is just mad that Halo Infinite, which has multiple biomes, has a 9/10 just like GOWR has a 9/10.

really because i been shooting the same enemy's in halo over and over again I could be wrong im 6 hours in.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Gifford38

@my_user_name said:

If it's anything like Dad of War no thank you.

A more open Fallen Order with better combat is probably what it should be

lmao not like dad of war but like another game just like god of war.

you people have no idea what your talking about.

fallen order just like god of war. small open worlds segments.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Gifford38

@sealionact said:

guess what castlevania back then was casual because most nes owners had it.

sorry I would love a castlevania game as detailed as god of war is.

so no button mashing for a game that was button smashing tug of war sense the beginning of god of war.

like saying lets not shoot in halo or call of duty. lets make with just swords.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts
@gifford38 said:

@gifford38 said:

so no button mashing for a game that was button smashing tug of war sense the beginning of god of war.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

No thanks. Bloodborne already did 3D Castlevania in all but name, and it's way better than GoW.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@sealionact said:

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@sealionact said:

lmao I love that meme or what ever it is. love it the woman says I cant swim either then looks at him and runs lmao.

but its true. why change 100% of the game if it has the same name.

like changing zelda to a shooter.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:
@sealionact said:

really because i been shooting the same enemy's in halo over and over again I could be wrong im 6 hours in.

Yup really. Confirmed by the devs and those of us who completed the campaign. 👍

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1253 Posts

@gifford38:

Fallen Order is like Tomb Raider with Star Wars combat. I see little similarity to Dad of War.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

Interesting idea. Though it would lock the franchise out from other consoles platforms.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Gifford38

@my_user_name said:

@gifford38:

Fallen Order is like Tomb Raider with Star Wars combat. I see little similarity to Dad of War.

I think all 3 have a lot in common. not a huge open worlds, great story all 3 have walking through small spaces to load next scene.

third person story driven games.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45247 Posts

You're absolutely right, TC. Would be a perfect match. Combat in this game is so sick!!

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Maybe one day,but with stray beating GOWR at the prestigious golden joystick awards,I doubt they would get the chance

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Nah, I dont want him to ruin that franchise too

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

I don't know how you could like Castlevania and think this is good.

Next up, Sucker Punch tries Mega Man. Quantic Dream Mario time.

foh

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

The problem is complicated... I just like gameplay in my Castlevania games. :-S

Maybe the GoW director should go back to basics... Pokemon Go or some of those Lego game adaption's perhaps?

Something you can't really mess up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hardwenzen

@Wiimotefan said:

I don't know how you could like Castlevania and think this is good.

Next up, Sucker Punch tries Mega Man. Quantic Dream Mario time.

foh

And me i ain't sure how could you put your crappy examples and compare it to mine. What's important in a castlevania game? To me, its story, exploration, level design and cool fights. All of this is at its peak in Ragnarok, so i am not too sure why its so hard to see the similarities between these two. And not because gow is over the shoulder that castlevania needs to be as well either.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts
@sealionact said:

Please god no.

Could you imagine... A Castlevania game of half an hour of "cinematic walking" after long cutscenes and then a QTE boss fight? That's not a game it's an interactive video.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 947 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:

How is this at all "perfectly fitting for the franchise"? If you really think we need a new CV game, why would you want something that isn't even remotely CV?

LoS was already discount Greek GoW, and it sucked. CV in Dad of War style though? Would just be a rando game in a CV skin for no reason.

Hopefully if this guy does get a crack at CV, he doesn't go that route.

Call me weird but I actually liked LoS... it had a cool story and great artstyle. And that reveal at the end... chef's kiss*

Never played the second one but I have it on my steam backlog.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 947 Posts
@girlusocrazy said:
@daredevils2k said:

Lems should hold a Protest against this movie game coming to the xbsex

Nah they have secret love for them, they praise games like Plague Tale Requiem out the other side of their mouths.

Yeah, movie game is only bad when its from Sony. I still remember when they bragged about The Medium XD

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hardwenzen

@vatususreturns said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@daredevils2k said:

Lems should hold a Protest against this movie game coming to the xbsex

Nah they have secret love for them, they praise games like Plague Tale Requiem out the other side of their mouths.

Yeah, movie game is only bad when its from Sony. I still remember when they bragged about The Medium XD

And when you compare it to Sony "movie" games like Ragnarok, The Medium looks and plays like a failed Kickstarter project. There hasn't been a single game from Microsoft that offered the kind of quality writing and actor performances that we're seeing in Ragnarok. Not even one. It is simply beyond what MS can accomplish with their first party devs.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@Wiimotefan: lol, it's like a disaster waiting to happen, and someone always thinks it's a good idea. People need to stay in their lane. If they want to try something then get some experience with the format first...don't just jump headfirst from movie game into castlevania.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#93 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

I think Dark Souls is clearly the direction that 3D Castlevania should have gone. Konami failed to apply their IP to the formula that was staring them in the face.

Mix and match weapons/items in each hand for variety, open-ish castle and surrounding area, woah it turns out the castle was upside down all along and by righting it you restore dracula's true power, add some more mobility and wacky castlevaia stuff. The game writes and designs itself, all Konami had to do was give any single bit of fucklet.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#95 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

I would rather have From work on it in the fashion of bloodborne. When I was playing bloodborne, I honestly thought that it was the 3d Castlevania game I always wanted.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@iambatman7986:

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6911 Posts

@Litchie said:

LOL. Nooo, please no. Wtf.

We don't need every game to be like God of War. Some people like controlling their games and can get slightly bored by hours of watching, walking, talking.

No idea why you shill fucking GoW dude. You do like some good shit, so why would you..? Probably to uphold your Sony fanboy image.

Something tells me you never played GoW.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Litchie said:

LOL. Nooo, please no. Wtf.

We don't need every game to be like God of War. Some people like controlling their games and can get slightly bored by hours of watching, walking, talking.

No idea why you shill fucking GoW dude. You do like some good shit, so why would you..? Probably to uphold your Sony fanboy image.

Something tells me you never played GoW.

I'm sure he's talking about the old school God of War games he miss because the hack 'n' slach genre was pretty much all over the place during the PS2/3 era. I do like @iambatman7986 said regarding FromSoft fashion of Bloodborn/Castlevania than Santa Monica. Nothing against the current God of War games but we do need something different than just another cinematic driven game genre.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@silentchief: he's right you know.

*insert Morgan freeman gif*