god of war 2, ps2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cvmnJesus_basic
cvmnJesus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cvmnJesus_basic
Member since 2002 • 567 Posts

i don't get why they wouldn't just develop GoW2 for ps3. it deserves to be an exclusively next-gen title like say an oblivion. GoW2 as a ps3 lauch title would have been perfect for sony.

vitrobliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vitrobliss
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts
While I do agree that GoW2 as a launch title for the PS3 would have been a killer app, I don't really care for the game so whatever. lol
silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts
I rather they do it for PS2 for two reasons.  1)  Nobody knows when the PS3 will come out.  2)  Nobody knows how to develop for the PS3 yet.  I'd rather have a very polished sequel sooner on an old system than a buggy game later on a newer system.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
it is for the ps3 as well in a way ( it will look fine ).............if youre new to the ps3 you can pick up god of war first , and then play this , and then you can look forward for the third built exclusive for the ps3

if youre one of the unlucky people who cant find a ps3 or cant afford one yet ...............it will be on your ps2 :D

its all good
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

i don't get why they wouldn't just develop GoW2 for ps3. it deserves to be an exclusively next-gen title like say an oblivion. GoW2 as a ps3 lauch title would have been perfect for sony.

cvmnJesus_basic

Oblivion: not exclusive.

GOW2: Proof that Sony supports its consoles, unlike Microsoft.

Also, if you want to play GOW2 on the PS3, go ahead. Sony understands what the words "backwards compatible" actually mean. :)
Jaleren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Jaleren
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts
[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

i don't get why they wouldn't just develop GoW2 for ps3. it deserves to be an exclusively next-gen title like say an oblivion. GoW2 as a ps3 lauch title would have been perfect for sony.

cvmnJesus_basic

Also, if you want to play GOW2 on the PS3, go ahead. Sony understands what the words "backwards compatible" actually mean. :)

lol. barbie anyone?! **hint hint**
saltylovesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 saltylovesF
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts

I rather they do it for PS2 for two reasons.  1)  Nobody knows when the PS3 will come out.  2)  Nobody knows how to develop for the PS3 yet.  I'd rather have a very polished sequel sooner on an old system than a buggy game later on a newer system. silkylove

Tru

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
GOW2 is on ps2 for a simple reason. Sony can create it using much the same code as GOW and can get some money while it's bleeding waiting for ps3 to come out.
cvmnJesus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cvmnJesus_basic
[QUOTE="cvmnJesus_basic"]

Dire_Weasel

geez dude, why do you have to turn it into some sony vs microsoft bullsh...

for a start, i said "exclusively next-gen", not "console exclusive". there's a difference. exclusively next-gen means it wasn't developed (and you can't get it) for the ps2/xbox/gc generation of machines.

next-gen consoles allow for more possibilities and give games the potential to really take off, especially when a game is exclusively next-gen. backward compatibility in consoles is a little overrated i think (you're free to disagree), because you don't buy a new next-gen console to play old games. ask yourself realistically, how much time do people spend playing previous-gen games on their new consoles? you can use the psx/ps2 and xbox/xbox360 shifts as points of reference.

Xrules06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xrules06
Member since 2005 • 16294 Posts
[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

cvmnJesus_basic

Remember when the PS2 had trouble playing PS1 games. :lol:

Keric_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keric_basic
Member since 2002 • 520 Posts
I have no problem with Sony continuing to support the PS2 into 2007.  Not everyone has $500+ to throw down on the PS3 when it launches in November.

The only people that should really be upset are graphic whores.  GoW 2 will be a great game.  It won't look as good as most next gen games, but it will have top notch gameplay I can assure you.
cvmnJesus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cvmnJesus_basic

I've been getting back into a little PS2 gaming lately. Bought this (GoW2) and RE4 a couple of weeks ago. I love the scale and epic feelof GoW2. Nice to see PS2 still has some legs.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

God of War 2 is Sony saying 'Thanks for all the support' to the fans and PS2 owners everywhere. There was no need to scrap it and put it on the Playstation 3 for the sake of 'Just because' or to 'Move new hardware'. It was intended to be a profitable title and keeping it on the machine with that many users was the best option. And look at what you get for the price. A huge 2-disc set loaded to the gills with features.

That's fan service. Nintendo could have done the same with Super Paper Mario.