Give up 3DS for Vita?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

I have a 3DS, have had it for a while and although I do enjoy it I don't really play it that much. In fact I only have 2 games for it not counting downloadable ones: Legend of Zelda and Super mario 3D land.

With that said the only console I have is a Playstation 3 and a PC. I don't have a wii. Now the PS Vita I would be able to remote play some PS3 games and more in the future so it seems the Vita is a better option for me at this point. Just want to make sure I'd be making a wise decision to trade in the 3DS towards the PS Vita.

Also this post is for others thinking the same thing and wanting a little direction.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

I have a 3DS, have had it for a while and although I do enjoy it I don't really play it that much. In fact I only have 2 games for it not counting downloadable ones: Legend of Zelda and Super mario 3D land.

With that said the only console I have is a Playstation 3 and a PC. I don't have a wii. Now the PS Vita I would be able to remote play some PS3 games and more in the future so it seems the Vita is a better option for me at this point. Just want to make sure I'd be making a wise decision to trade in the 3DS towards the PS Vita.

Also this post is for others thinking the same thing and wanting a little direction.

Prince_Denspion
there both terrible get an xbox 360 F1 2011 ON XBOX 360 IS WAY BETTER THEN THE 3DS VERSION. AND UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABBYS SUCKS!"
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

free_milk

there both terrible get an xbox 360 F1 2011 ON XBOX 360 IS WAY BETTER THEN THE 3DS VERSION. AND UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABBYS SUCKS!"

well of course a console version of a game is gonna be better than a handheld lol, but thanks for your input.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I was initially thinking the same thing for me of trading in the 3ds for Vita, but after I fell in love with Resi Revelations and Ghost Recon Shadow Wars I decided I would keep the 3DS and get a Vita to go with it!

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

Prince_Denspion

well of course a console version of a game is gonna be better than a handheld lol, but thanks for your input.

YOUR ARE EVEN ADMITTING IT!!
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
If remote play really means that much to you, then sure, lol.
david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts
Have you tried the Resident Evil Revelations demo? I'd say stick with the 3DS as it's lineup of games this year looks really good.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="free_milk"] there both terrible get an xbox 360 F1 2011 ON XBOX 360 IS WAY BETTER THEN THE 3DS VERSION. AND UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABBYS SUCKS!"free_milk

But can xbox be played anywhere kinda the advantage of portables
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="free_milk"] there both terrible get an xbox 360 F1 2011 ON XBOX 360 IS WAY BETTER THEN THE 3DS VERSION. AND UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABBYS SUCKS!"free_milk

well i'm talking handhelds not consoles. I'm not asking give up the 3DS for a 360. I'm quite content with my PS3.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Prince_Denspion

Have you tried the Resident Evil Revelations demo? I'd say stick with the 3DS as it's lineup of games this year looks really good. david_lck

I have yes and i did enjoy it. I do like my 3DS but I might like the Vita better. I would like to just keep it and get the Vita but budget is tight sadly.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

I was initially thinking the same thing for me of trading in the 3ds for Vita, but after I fell in love with Resi Revelations and Ghost Recon Shadow Wars I decided I would keep the 3DS and get a Vita to go with it!

_Matt_
This^. The 3DS is a great system. I'm having a blast with Ace Combat, RE:Revelations, MK7 and Metal Gear 3D comes out in a week. I would definitely not give up my 3DS for a Vita. Just wait a little while and the Vita will drop in price hopefully and then pick one up and you will have both.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 p4s2p0
3ds had a better launch than ds and appeals to me more this gen but I still prefer vita Games I would have for both 3ds splinter cell ace combat RE Vita Ninja gaiden unit 13 resistance uncharted maybe gotta try demo first Not bad for 3ds but with vita i will have the same amount of games in a fraction of the time the system has been out. By a year I could easily have 5-6 games for vita
zeldisco2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zeldisco2009
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

stick with 3DS.

PS Vita is dead in japan and probably will do even worse in the west.Wait until it is clear that Vita is going to survive this year.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 todd2r

stick with 3DS.

PS Vita is dead in japan and probably will do even worse in the west.Wait until it is clear that Vita is going to survive this year.

zeldisco2009
Even though I don't agree that the Vita will be a huge failure and die, I do agree with waiting a little while before you purchase one. If you just wait a little while, there will be a price drop, especially if it gets off to a rocky start.
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

stick with 3DS.

todd2r

Even though I don't agree that the Vita will be a huge failure and die, I do agree with waiting a little while before you purchase one. If you just wait a little while, there will be a price drop, especially if it gets off to a rocky start.

that's true, the 3DS has a price drop soon after launch... so be it. i'll keep my 3DS and get the Vita just a little while longer, I guess I don't have to have it right at launch. I'l just add to my 3DS gaming library for now.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Giving up one for another wouldn't be something I'd do, personally.

If funding for a Vita is your biggest concern, I'd opt to wait a bit, rather than rush out and sell stuff to get it. After all, it's not like the Vita is going anywhere anytime soon.

Both handhelds are sure to get stronger titles as time goes by, so better to hold fast and have both than gamble one of them away.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I was thinking the same thing here, because i really dont need two handhelds. But i probably wont trade my 3DS. I really do enjoy it now. I have some fine games with Nano Assault, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Revalaitions and Star Fox 3D. Plus Pushimo, Sakura Samurai and Zen Pinball 3D are great too. So now i am just too invested in the system to get rid of it just to save some money on a Vita. I am getting a Vita next week and i am curious how much play time my new Vita will get versus my 3DS.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Why can't you have both?

Personally, both are offering some awesome games that I would hate to pass up.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Both handhelds, and all consoles, don't get a good game every month. If I focus on how often I play any one platform it isn't often. I play one on my PC, then the Wii, PS3, 3DS, even the DS sometimes.
You shouldn't look at how often you play a system, but whether the system is worth its money after playing the games from its launch to 5 years later.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 todd2r

[QUOTE="todd2r"][QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

stick with 3DS.

Prince_Denspion

that's true, the 3DS has a price drop soon after launch... so be it. i'll keep my 3DS and get the Vita just a little while longer, I guess I don't have to have it right at launch. I'l just add to my 3DS gaming library for now.

i dont know if im 100% right and i could be very wrong on this, but i read somewhere not too long ago that it costs like $130-$140 bucks to make a Vita. If it really is that cheap and they are charging 250 for it, then a huge price drop wouldnt be out of the question and Sony could still end up making a profit on it. So its a good idea to wait a little while and see if the price drops.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
That would be the ultimate fail move at this point. The 3DS library is starting to get really awesome, and much more great games are on the way!
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inggrish

That would be the ultimate fail move at this point. The 3DS library is starting to get really awesome, and much more great games are on the way!Sgt_Crow

matter of opinion, at this point in time I find the same number of great games on each system

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#23 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Your loss, TC. :P
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts
No way I am spending ~$400 on a console (Vita) with 90% of the games being tiny-screen remakes of a $200 console (PS3).
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
they are both good systems but the 3ds at this time has a better game library and better release games will that change who knows i am a big sony fan but i am skipping on the vita for a year or so because it has few good games out or coming out
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
No way I am spending ~$400 on a console (Vita) with 90% of the games being tiny-screen remakes of a $200 console (PS3).FashionFreak
You might want to actually look at the line-up since you don't know what you're talking about.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inggrish

No way I am spending ~$400 on a console (Vita) with 90% of the games being tiny-screen remakes of a $200 console (PS3).FashionFreak

haha so much wrong with this statement! I see about 3 remakes/ports in the whole of the launch lineup!

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]No way I am spending ~$400 on a console (Vita) with 90% of the games being tiny-screen remakes of a $200 console (PS3)._Matt_

haha so much wrong with this statement! I see about 3 remakes/ports in the whole of the launch lineup!

Yeah, it's funny how many fanboys has the remakes / ports remark when the 3DS has 9 already compared to the Vita's 4.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 p4s2p0
Both handhelds, and all consoles, don't get a good game every month. If I focus on how often I play any one platform it isn't often. I play one on my PC, then the Wii, PS3, 3DS, even the DS sometimes. You shouldn't look at how often you play a system, but whether the system is worth its money after playing the games from its launch to 5 years later.KungfuKitten
No system does all have dry spells. I prefer 1 system at a time. Looking at games from launch to 5 years would be nice but most don't wait tell the end of the gen. So it's a gamble unless you can see the future, though we can look at a systems history to get an idea of what kinda games they will have.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
The 3DS lineup looks fantastic.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#32 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

For me; Pokemon = must own 3DS. Persona 4 = Must own Vita.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts

For what? Vita will be worth it if there is a must have game.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]No way I am spending ~$400 on a console (Vita) with 90% of the games being tiny-screen remakes of a $200 console (PS3).FlamesOfGrey

Yeah, it's funny how many fanboys has the remakes / ports remark when the 3DS has 9 already compared to the Vita's 4.

Name the 9? I count 5. OT: I wouldn't sell the 3ds for a vita, the 3ds droughts finally over with an awesome february and the vita is bound to have a little drought, but it is really up to your preference if more of vital lineup interests you in the future go for the vito and vice-versa.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#35 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

If you think the 3DS isn't offering you anything, but the Vita is then go for it. I won't stop ya.

I personally think that owning all Systems is the way to go, but yeah, If you think the 3DS's Games aren't that good to you then go for it.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

Prince_Denspion
Streaming games temporarily is a good thing now? Bring the Game.com back!!!! Giving up the 3DS now doesn't make sense anyway, wait till about a few months in from Vita launch at that point if you really want to give up the 3DS its value (or at Gamestop, it' trade credit) will go up and you can possibly get games to.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Listen to me as I have the wisdom you desire. Keep your 3DS and save up for the Vita. Once you got it, I'm pretty sure you'll decide which one consumes most of your playtime, then you can just go trade in the other for some store credit/games

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="_Matt_"]

layton2012

Name the 9? I count 5. OT: I wouldn't sell the 3ds for a vita, the 3ds droughts finally over with an awesome february and the vita is bound to have a little drought, but it is really up to your preference if more of vital lineup interests you in the future go for the vito and vice-versa.

Blazblue Continnum Shift (PSP Port & Inferior)

Cave Story 3D

Harvest Moon 3D: A Tale Of Two Towns (DS Port & Inferior)

Rayman 3D

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

Starfox 64 3D

Super Street Fighter 4 3D

Tales Of The Abyss 3D

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D

There you go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Yeah, it's funny how many fanboys has the remakes / ports remark when the 3DS has 9 already compared to the Vita's 4.FlamesOfGrey

Cave Story 3D

Rayman 3D

Starfox 64 3D

Tales Of The Abyss 3D

There you go.

Ports shoudn't be counted as remakes, though. Otherwise we have, for the Vita: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Persona 4 Golden Final Fantasy X HD Street Fighter x Tekken Time Travellers (3DS Port) Extreme Escape Adventure (3DS Port) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3 Port) Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3 Port) F1 2011 (3DS Port) FIFA Soccer 2012 (PS3 Port) I can go on. But counting ports and multiplatform titles is unfair is what I am saying.
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Are you ****ing serious?
koryuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 koryuk
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
[QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

stick with 3DS.

todd2r

Yh to be safe I'm waiting until atleast june and a pricedrop nothing worse than buying a system and then having it die.And if its is failing in Japan which strongly supported the psp it is likely to fail elsewhere.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"] Name the 9? I count 5. OT: I wouldn't sell the 3ds for a vita, the 3ds droughts finally over with an awesome february and the vita is bound to have a little drought, but it is really up to your preference if more of vital lineup interests you in the future go for the vito and vice-versa.charizard1605

Cave Story 3D

Rayman 3D

Starfox 64 3D

Tales Of The Abyss 3D

There you go.

Ports shoudn't be counted as remakes, though. Otherwise we have, for the Vita: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Persona 4 Golden Final Fantasy X HD Street Fighter x Tekken Time Travellers (3DS Port) Extreme Escape Adventure (3DS Port) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3 Port) Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3 Port) F1 2011 (3DS Port) FIFA Soccer 2012 (PS3 Port) I can go on. But counting ports and multiplatform titles is unfair is what I am saying.

I'm talking about both. I didn't say ports were remakes. You can count those games when they come out but as of right now they aren't. Also how do you know games like Time Travellers is a port? I can count unreleased ports like Monster Hunter and Unchained Blades Rexx etc... but they aren't released here in the states so, I didn't. My point was people keep saying the PS Vita is a port / remake machine when the fact is the 3DS has more released.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="todd2r"][QUOTE="zeldisco2009"]

stick with 3DS.

koryuk

Yh to be safe I'm waiting until atleast june and a pricedrop nothing worse than buying a system and then having it die.And if its is failing in Japan which strongly supported the psp it is likely to fail elsewhere.

the only vita problem on japan its doesnt have unique games like JRPGS that using its capabilities and Monster Hunter Portable only why reason PSP is popular due Monster Hunter 3rd Portable and exclusive JRPGS....

Sales are not definite reason for Its Dead or Doomed its just they have wrong choice for first game for Vita pretty same as PS3 on $600 on Launch

TC.. Dont ask Here...it will make you thread into a battlefield of Haters & Fanboyism ask other Forums

jonathant5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jonathant5
Member since 2010 • 873 Posts
Why not get both? Keep the 3DS because frankly, you wont get too much for selling it (I am guessing $100ish would be its resale value if used), and just get the Vita either once a game that you really want for it comes out, or once a price drop occurs. Both systems will get quality games over their life span, so why not have both and enjoy the best of both worlds? Its not like either system is expensive (they are pretty cheap), in fact getting both of them is still cheaper than getting a good smartphone (off-contract).
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Yes you should trade 3DS for Vita because

Redesign with 2nd analog stick is coming out next month which makes old 3DS useless crap

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Prince_Denspion

Why remote play games on Vita ?

Also if you have a PS3, i find zero reason to own a Vita, since they share most games

In fact if you have a PS3, 3DS is by miles the best choice, because it opens up a whole new game library, than more of the same with PS3 on Vita

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Redesign with 2nd analog stick is coming out next month which makes old 3DS useless crap

Zurrur

LMAO

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts
Well, it's up to you. If you really would like to use remote play, then sure. I'm not getting any handheld gaming devices. I'm a console gamer.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Your are good with the grammars! :roll:

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

Zurrur

Thanks for the heads up.

:|

:lol: