Gigantic looks fun, but the art style...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I don't start/participate in SW threads very often, but I just got finished watching a couple videos of Gigantic (PC and XBone) from PAX East and I thought it looked like it might be fun. But the art-style is just horrendous, can we get a decent MOBA/FPS hybrid that doesn't look like it was made by Pixar 15+ years ago? Both Battleborn and now Gigantic just look awful IMO). I understand they are pandering to the lowest common denominator in terms of PC and console hardware, but... man it just look like something running on the Gamecube.

What do you guys think?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I don't think it is a question of hardware power but art choice. I think it looks interesting. Not every game needs to be running UE4.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha:

And I understand that, but the texture variation just is nonexistent and with the low-poly character models it looks like the characters are made of of brightly colored stained glass. It just looks really unappealing to me (or those little brightly colored plastic geometric tiles you play with as a kid). I loved Bastion and Transistor, which had more hand-painted art-style, but this just looks really badly rendered IMO.