Giantbombs Best Xbox360 Game...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for liquidsnake1987
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 liquidsnake1987
Member since 2004 • 4750 Posts

http://www.giantbomb.com/features/best-of-2008/1/?category=2

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Banjo Kazooie? Lmao.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Purely awesome! Banjo needs some lovin'.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
You gotta be ******' kiddin' me.:|
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Ok...

Giant bomb offically lost all its crediblity.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
I would be scared shaking my PS3 around like that. :( I was hoping they would mention Lost Odyssey...but they didn't. -sighs-
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inertk
Why are people getting so defensive? It's just an opinion. Ya'll should've got more defensive over the fact that Gamespot gave MGS4 "best technical graphics" over Crysis Warhead. Now that was just wrong, as it's not an opinion, but it's technically inaccurate.BioShockOwnz
Why didn't you say the same thing in the Gamespy thread you made for Gears 2 winning? Oh wait, Gears of War 2 winning best graphics is fine but MGS4 isn't! Fair and Balanced. Lmao. I'm not defensive. I just don't think that trash deserves the mantle of GotY anywhere near it, far more deserving games released this year. :)
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50712 Posts
Why are people getting so defensive? It's just an opinion. Ya'll should've got more defensive over the fact that Gamespot gave MGS4 "best technical graphics" over Crysis Warhead. Now that was just wrong, as it's not an opinion, but it's technically inaccurate.BioShockOwnz
Wow, any chance you can to bash on MGS4 heh? Give it a rest dude, it's a bit on the weird side now. The majority of people here know Crysis should have won, no need to play the broken record all the time.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inertk
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Why are people getting so defensive? It's just an opinion. Ya'll should've got more defensive over the fact that Gamespot gave MGS4 "best technical graphics" over Crysis Warhead. Now that was just wrong, as it's not an opinion, but it's technically inaccurate.Chutebox
Wow, any chance you can to bash on MGS4 heh? Give it a rest dude, it's a bit on the weird side now. The majority of people here know Crysis should have won, no need to play the broken record all the time.

No, there's a need to play it -- when MGS4 wins. :X
Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
A mediocre game won best Xbox 360 game? Lmao is there any good game to play on that console other than RROD?Hitman533
Mediocre? Have you played it??
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="Hitman533"]A mediocre game won best Xbox 360 game? Lmao is there any good game to play on that console other than RROD?battalionwars13

Don't mind him. Notice the 2nd sentence?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
A mediocre game won best Xbox 360 game? Lmao is there any good game to play on that console other than RROD?Hitman533
How can it be mediocre when GiantBomb gave it a 5/5?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Why are people getting so defensive? It's just an opinion. Ya'll should've got more defensive over the fact that Gamespot gave MGS4 "best technical graphics" over Crysis Warhead. Now that was just wrong, as it's not an opinion, but it's technically inaccurate.inertk
Why didn't you say the same thing in the Gamespy thread you made for Gears 2 winning? Oh wait, Gears of War 2 winning best graphics is fine but MGS4 isn't! Fair and Balanced. Lmao. I'm not defensive. I just don't think that trash deserves the mantle of GotY anywhere near it, far more deserving games released this year. :)

You're calling games you haven't even played "trash"? Nice. Yup, typical system wars speak right there!

Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
[QUOTE="battalionwars13"][QUOTE="Hitman533"]A mediocre game won best Xbox 360 game? Lmao is there any good game to play on that console other than RROD?killab2oo5

Don't mind him. Notice the 2nd sentence?

Yup. BTW hitman my 360 is going on a year and still no RRoD.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
they did it for teh controversy and teh lulz!
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
yap because everyone knows AA games are mediocre
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inertk

[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Why are people getting so defensive? It's just an opinion. Ya'll should've got more defensive over the fact that Gamespot gave MGS4 "best technical graphics" over Crysis Warhead. Now that was just wrong, as it's not an opinion, but it's technically inaccurate.BioShockOwnz

You're calling games you haven't even played "trash"? Nice. Yup, typical system wars speak right there!

You're assuming I haven't played the game! Based on -what- exactly, my finding it an uninteresting and hardly entertaining game or the fact that I'm calling you out?

Well, FYI I have played the game and I thought it was horrid. I wouldn't call it trash if I hadn't, I would say that it LOOKS like trash. See the difference? Dross, Filth, Trash, Refuse, Junk, Rubbish, Waste... It's all the same thing really,

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#21 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Well I haven't played the game or the demo so I can't say anything about it but congratulations. Now it makes me wonder what the best games for the other systems are.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
Banjo nuts and trash over gears 2? :lol: this is hilarious. If this is truely the best xbox game for the year then I guess the 360 had a horrid year? :)
EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts
Considering how beautiful this game is and how huge it is and how cheap it is, I would pick Banjo over Gears 2.
-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts
Awesome game. I play that alot more than Fallout 3
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BioShockOwnz
You're assuming I haven't played the game! Based on -what- exactly, my finding it an uninteresting and hardly entertaining game or the fact that I'm calling you out?

Well, FYI I have played the game and I thought it was horrid. I wouldn't call it trash if I hadn't, I would say that it LOOKS like trash. See the difference? Dross, Filth, Trash, Refuse, Junk, Rubbish, Waste... It's all the same thing really,

inertk

Your gamertag says otherwise. Pics or it didn't happen.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#26 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
I like the choice, BK was a game I had a ton of fun with.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="Hitman533"]A mediocre game won best Xbox 360 game? Lmao is there any good game to play on that console other than RROD?battalionwars13

Obviously not, he said RROD is a good game!
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
I guess they are pretty alone about that choice
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I'm having tons of fun with the game it's on of my favorites this year, I'm glad it won.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Wait I thought only GS and it's world was allowed to be discussed here? Aren't we supposed to close our ears and eyes and pretend only GS exists in the world of gaming?
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 st1ka
Wait I thought only GS and it's world was allowed to be discussed here? Aren't we supposed to close our ears and eyes and pretend only GS exists in the world of gaming?Bigboi500
no one is forcing you to follow that rule
gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamah_killah
Member since 2006 • 13020 Posts
Why is there 2 exact threads of this? o_0 Anyways, I never expected BK to win this award.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Wait I thought only GS and it's world was allowed to be discussed here? Aren't we supposed to close our ears and eyes and pretend only GS exists in the world of gaming?st1ka

That's true but every time I talk about other sites scores they are all over me like bees on honey. Hypocrisy ftl.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Wait I thought only GS and it's world was allowed to be discussed here? Aren't we supposed to close our ears and eyes and pretend only GS exists in the world of gaming?Bigboi500

That's true but every time I talk about other sites scores they are all over me like bees on honey. Hypocrisy ftl.

just tell them what i always tell them: that rule was created and is inforced by the comunity, not the mods. No one is forcing you to follow ir
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 st1ka
heck even Teufelhuhn said
If you think the rules are stupid, why would you follow them? The "only GS scores count" thing is completely created and enforced by the community, not by mods. We don't go around moderating people who talk about IGN reviews, that would be silly.Teufelhuhn
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"]You're assuming I haven't played the game! Based on -what- exactly, my finding it an uninteresting and hardly entertaining game or the fact that I'm calling you out?

BioShockOwnz

Demo's don't show up on the GT. You know that right?
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Go Banjo!
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="inertk"]You're assuming I haven't played the game! Based on -what- exactly, my finding it an uninteresting and hardly entertaining game or the fact that I'm calling you out?

inertk

Demo =/= full game, sorry.

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
While I haven't played all the games that I wanted to play, and there could be better games out, it's my choice for the best as of right now. It's such a great idea for a game, and it's just so fun.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
why are people complaining because giantbomb are going to based there awards on GS scores, i listened to the bombcast and there always going on about how much they like the game.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Demo =/= full game, sorry.

So I don't have to use horrible floaty vehicles in the full game?! OMG!

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Comment when you've played it.

Wonder when it became the in thing to bash everything Rare does. I swear it must be angsty Ex-Nintendo fans or something, Rare is awesome, all there games thus far have been just that..I don't see why they get such a bashing all the time. Banjo 3 is great. Mediocre is just silly.

leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts
One good year for the PS3 seemed to of got to your head, can't you remember all those years when we got all the best games? PS3 fanboys have completely forgotten about there terrible past.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#44 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Whats so wrong with this???

Anyone who has played the new Banjoo with an open mind will enjoy it to bits!

BTBAM127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BTBAM127
Member since 2006 • 2522 Posts

Ok...

Giant bomb offically lost all its crediblity.

Pinkyimp

lololol post of the year. even though its sarcasm

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Great choice. Banjo needs more recognition for how good it is.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BioShockOwnz
So I don't have to use horrible floaty vehicles in the full game?! OMG!

inertk

Yup, it's called making your vehicles more even.

Hitman533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hitman533
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts

[QUOTE="Hitman533"]A mediocre game won best Xbox 360 game? Lmao is there any good game to play on that console other than RROD?CreepyBacon

Wonder when it became the in thing to bash everything Rare does. I swear it must be angsty Ex-Nintendo fans or something, Rare is awesome, all there games thus far have been just that..I don't see why they get such a bashing all the time. Banjo 3 is great. Mediocre is just silly.

Comparing Banjo to other good but not so popular PS3 games for example Wipeout HD is 88% at GameRankings.com and Banjo has a score of 80% while Gran Turismo 5 prologue has an average of 79 % and you don't see cows going crazy about it. Banjo just gets too much praise when there are better games out there, but 360 GOTY is just too much.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="CreepyBacon"]

[QUOTE="Hitman533"]A mediocre game won best Xbox 360 game? Lmao is there any good game to play on that console other than RROD?Hitman533

Comparing Banjo to other good but not so popular PS3 games for example Wipeout HD is 88% at GameRankings.com and Banjo has a score of 80% while Gran Turismo 5 prologue has an average of 79 % and you don't see cows going crazy about it. Banjo just gets too much praise when there are better games out there, but 360 GOTY is just too much.

"Better games" is all subjective.

jRocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jRocka
Member since 2002 • 5125 Posts
Wait I thought only GS and it's world was allowed to be discussed here? Aren't we supposed to close our ears and eyes and pretend only GS exists in the world of gaming?Bigboi500
the thing is, giant bomb really IS gamespot, or at laest it WAS gamespot.