Get ready to buy Saints Row 2! Soundtrack revealed!

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I've never even heard of any of that.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

No respect for Patton? No offense, but how old are you? BioShockOwnz

To be honest, Patton felt in the same trap as John Zorn did. That means quantity doesn't equal to quality. Patton has failed to impress me for a reasonable time. And I'm familiar with his every single project he was involved in, from collaborations with Melvins or John Zorn to Merzbow to whatever. The funny thing is that I have his autograph. But frankly with some deeper research on music, one can understand that his music is not groundbreaking by any means. Sure as hell he's eclectic and possesses inhuman vocal range and capabilities, but as an aspiring avant-garde and cross-genre musician he dissapoints. He tries to be everything but ends up being nothing that solid. My point of view is however, extreme, but definite. Most of people will find Patton's music to extreme for their likings, while I find it not extreme enough, and sometimes just trying to be extreme just for the sake of being extreme, or over-eclectic just for the sake of being over-eclectic without any meaningful way to deconstruct music and I can point out to his influences. The last decent thing that he put out in my opinion was Delirium Cordia. That being said, I don't regard him as a crap artist, but his other projects are rather overrated. I used to worship him, though.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]No respect for Patton? No offense, but how old are you? Salt_The_Fries

To be honest, Patton felt in the same trap as John Zorn did. That means quantity doesn't equal to quality. Patton has failed to impress me for a reasonable time. And I'm familiar with his every single project he was involved in, from collaborations with Melvins or John Zorn to Merzbow to whatever. The funny thing is that I have his autograph. But frankly with some deeper research on music, one can understand that his music is not groundbreaking by any means. Sure as hell he's eclectic and possesses inhuman vocal range and capabilities, but as an aspiring avant-garde and cross-genre musician he dissapoints. He tries to be everything but ends up being nothing that solid. My point of view is however, extreme, but definite. Most of people will find Patton's music to extreme for their likings, while I find it not extreme enough, and sometimes just trying to be extreme just for the sake of being extreme, or over-eclectic just for the sake of being over-eclectic without any meaningful way to deconstruct music and I can point out to his influences. The last decent thing that he put out in my opinion was Delirium Cordia. That being said, I don't regard him as a crap artist, but his other projects are rather overrated. I used to worship him, though.

Not a Mr. Bungle fan? Hmm, amusing.

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts

they took all the worst songs from everyband

except for black dahlia....they are friggin amazing no matter what (saw em 3 weeks ago :D )

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 BioShockOwnz

except for black dahlia....they are friggin amazing no matter what (saw em 3 weeks ago :D )

xXMcClaneXx

Worst songs? Pfft! "Deadly Sinners" is the best 3IoB song.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]16

WTF is this crap?

BioShockOwnz

:lol: I figured. Patton was selling out venues when you weren't even born yet.

Yeah, resort to my age, that'll prove your point :roll:

Enjoy Trivium's stolen riffs and Avenged Sevenfold's angst

Nope, your age shows proof of your comments against Patton.

[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]I suck at finding new music. So perhaps it's a good thing I don't even know half of those songs.Juggernaut140

None of them are anything special besides Opeth. The 80's is where the good music is at.

Like Patton...

"1997-present"

I'm talking about Dillinger Escape Plan, not Patton himself

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882586/saints-row-2/videos/sr2_zombie_uprising_100808.html

Zombies! :lol:

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 xXMcClaneXx
[QUOTE="xXMcClaneXx"]

BioShockOwnz

i guess none of those our my particular style...except for BDM....im more of a deathcore/deathmetal/grindcore kinda guy

mastodons leviathon album is their best.....new american gospel is definitely LOG's best...IMO

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 xXMcClaneXx
by the way black bubblegum(dillinger) is one of the funniest songs ever and should of been on there
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BioShockOwnz
"1997-present"

I'm talking about Dillinger Escape Plan, not Patton himself

Juggernaut140

Irony Is A Dead Scene is very much a Patton record, and one very well respected one.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="xXMcClaneXx"]

xXMcClaneXx

i guess none of those our my particular style...except for BDM....im more of a deathcore/deathmetal/grindcore kinda guy

mastodons leviathon album is their best.....new american gospel is definitely LOG's best...IMO

I prefer Lamb of God when they were known as Burn The Priest.

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 xXMcClaneXx
[QUOTE="xXMcClaneXx"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="xXMcClaneXx"]

BioShockOwnz

I prefer Lamb of God when they were known as Burn The Priest.

TRUE THAT......i forgot all about them.....bloddletting friggin owns....thats back when his vox were good

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Salt_The_Fries

The 80's is where the good music is at.Juggernaut140

And you define good music from the 80s by what?

Not a Mr. Bungle fan? Hmm, amusing.BioShockOwnz

One good album, and two decent ones. But really, Patton's music as experimental as it is...there are actually many artists that predated him and were more unique and challenging in many ways. And I'm into avant-garde and experimental music very much, but just as much as every other genre, because I'd describe myself as a music historian. And believe me, over the course of last year, I listened to more than several thousands of albums ranging from 1920s to 2000s of every possible genre. I just got beyond the phase of putting any musician or artist on a pedestal. I just respect music too much for that, and I don't want unnecessary bias in here. On top of that I'd like to add that I'm looking forward to starting music journalist (critic) or radio presenter career.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Juggernaut140

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]The 80's is where the good music is at.Salt_The_Fries

One good album, and two decent ones. But really, Patton's music as experimental as it is...there are actually many artists that predated him and were more unique and challenging in many ways. And I'm into avant-garde and experimental music very much, but just as much as every other genre. I just got beyond the phase of putting any musician or artist on a pedestal. I just respect music too much for that, and I don't want unnecessary bias in here. On top of that I'd like to add that I'm looking forward to starting music journalist (critic) or radio presenter career.

That's when a lot of awesome bands got their start

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]The 80's is where the good music is at.Juggernaut140

One good album, and two decent ones. But really, Patton's music as experimental as it is...there are actually many artists that predated him and were more unique and challenging in many ways. And I'm into avant-garde and experimental music very much, but just as much as every other genre. I just got beyond the phase of putting any musician or artist on a pedestal. I just respect music too much for that, and I don't want unnecessary bias in here. On top of that I'd like to add that I'm looking forward to starting music journalist (critic) or radio presenter career.

Go listen to your Flock of Seagulls and stop bashing. ;)

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BioShockOwnz

One good album, and two decent ones. But really, Patton's music as experimental as it is...there are actually many artists that predated him and were more unique and challenging in many ways. And I'm into avant-garde and experimental music very much, but just as much as every other genre, because I'd describe myself as a music historian. And believe me, over the course of last year, I listened to more than several thousands of albums ranging from 1920s to 2000s of every possible genre. I just got beyond the phase of putting any musician or artist on a pedestal. I just respect music too much for that, and I don't want unnecessary bias in here. On top of that I'd like to add that I'm looking forward to starting music journalist (critic) or radio presenter career.

Salt_The_Fries

That's how I am. As a musician of 16 years, I've gone through times in my life where I'd get stuck on one genre, but with age I came to appreciate a wide range of genres. I can't stand a fan of music that only listens to one genre. Why limit yourself when there's such a large group of talent across all genres?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Salt_The_Fries
That's the spirit! I used to have some spells with instruments, but I wouldn't call myself a musician, though I can play a few ones. By the way I wrote a BA thesis about music and culture (I won't tell which periods, to avoid being pidgeonholed ;) )
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]The 80's is where the good music is at.BioShockOwnz

Go listen to your Flock of Seagulls and stop bashing. ;)

Or Bolt Thrower

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

BioShockOwnz

That's how I am. As a musician of 16 years, I've gone through times in my life where I'd get stuck on one genre, but with age I came to appreciate a wide range of genres. I can't stand a fan of music that only listens to one genre. Why limit yourself when there's such a large group of talent across all genres?

True that i listen to everything i like screamo,emo,metalcore,metal,acid rock, techno,trance,electronic,etc. I cant stand when people diss other peoples music. So what if the guy beside you listens to cannibal corpse. Just deal that other people like other music.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

njean777

True that i listen to everything i like screamo,emo,metalcore,metal,acid rock, techno,trance,electronic,etc. I cant stand when people diss other peoples music. So what if the guy beside you listens to cannibal corpse. Just deal that other people like other music.

I listen to Cannibal Corpse. I listen to Paramore.

I listen to King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. I listen to Paolo Nutini.

I don't care what people think. I listen to every kind of music out there, including pop bubblegum music (Paramore). :P

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 njean777
[QUOTE="njean777"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

BioShockOwnz

I listen to Cannibal Corpse. I listen to Paramore.

I listen to King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. I listen to Paolo Nutini.

I don't care what people think. I listen to every kind of music out there, including pop bubblegum music (Paramore). :P

And its the people who put you down that makes me angry i cant stand when people think there music is better then everybody elses.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BioShockOwnz

And its the people who put you down that makes me angry i cant stand when people think there music is better then everybody elses.njean777

Exactly. I used to be that kind of "elite" person who says my tastes are better than yours, then I grew up. Does njean stand for Norma Jean in your username? If so, right on! :P

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 njean777
yes i love norma jean although there new album was good but not as good as redeemer or o' god IMO.
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts
I am really let down by the Hip Hop station, I heard a E song in the trailer I hope its in the game.