GET A Zune!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 keyhunter
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts

GAMING BY 08'

TEH_rankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TEH_rankie
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts
No thanks, i'd rather stick with my N-Gage.
Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
Gizmondo > All
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
No thanks. The thing feels like a brick.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 keyhunter
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts
The zune will win the console war. You will all see.
The_Caesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Caesar
Member since 2006 • 234 Posts

can anyone explain why you cant permanently trade songs on two zunes? you get that stupid 3 day limit or something, but then you can just trade the song again. whats the point?

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

can anyone explain why you cant permanently trade songs on two zunes? you get that stupid 3 day limit or something, but then you can just trade the song again. whats the point?

The_Caesar

that was the studios idea. they didn't want people to get music from their friends for free. ms caved into this demand and instituted a three day/three play limit. the studios then got pissed and refused to put music on the zune marketplace because they don't want people to even "borrow" music from their friends. what really pisses me off about this is the fact that ms is giving universal music a fee for every zune sold and still universal and sony refuse to bring in 50% of their artists.

TC, i already have a zune. had one since they came out last year.

universal gets fee for zune

the riaa hates you

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts

The_Caesar

If it was not limited the people you sent the songs to would be getting free songs which is not good for business.

The_Caesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Caesar
Member since 2006 • 234 Posts
wait...people actually pay for their music?
MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MorisUkunRasik
Member since 2006 • 1511 Posts
ipod> zune itunes is just better than media player for organizing.
ConManWithGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ConManWithGun
Member since 2005 • 6272 Posts
maybe I will :cry:
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
I rather wait for the touchscreen iPods this fall.
Paul_Phoenicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Paul_Phoenicks
Member since 2002 • 1015 Posts
ipod> zune itunes is just better than media player for organizing.MorisUkunRasik
iTunes on a Mac? Sure iTunes on Windows? An unnecessary resource hog!
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
The Zune display in Circuit City is terrible. It looks like something from the early 90's. I have no interest in MP3 players except in terms of getting the cheapest with the most storage. Video? PFFFF. My new GPS is an MP3 player so I will probably just use that.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

I rather wait for the touchscreen iPods this fall.gmastersexay

you're going to be waiting for a while. those 6G ipods were suppose to launch last year but apple couldn't get it to work right and brought out the 5.5G ipod instead.

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChevelleFan

ipod> zune itunes is just better than media player for organizing.MorisUkunRasik

You don't use media player at all. You use the Zune player which in my opinion is much better than iTunes as I own an iPod as well. It even has a marketplace like Xbox Live. You can use exisiting or purchase new Microsoft points which are transferable from Xbox Live to the Zune marketplace to buy songs. Organizing playlists and managing songs has never been easier.

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MorisUkunRasik

maybe I will :cry:ConManWithGun

nice sig

[QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"]ipod> zune itunes is just better than media player for organizing.Paul_Phoenicks
iTunes on a Mac? Sure iTunes on Windows? An unnecessary resource hog!

the app doesn't always have to be open

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts
iPods >>> any MP3 players in the market.....any.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JiveT

iPods >>> any MP3 players in the market.....any. VERTIGO47

I'm getting kind of sick of MP3 audio quality. Are they going to bump it up? That might get me into I-Tunes.

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MorisUkunRasik

[QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"]ipod> zune itunes is just better than media player for organizing.ChevelleFan

You don't use media player at all. You use the Zune player which in my opinion is much better than iTunes as I own an iPod as well. It even has a marketplace like Xbox Live. You can use exisitingor purchase newMicrosoft points which are transferable from XboxLive to theZunemarketplaceto buy songs. Organizing playlists and managing songs has never been easier.

the main reason I bought an ipod is that it has more support in the accessory department and my car came with an ipod connector already in it so Thats the main reason I got an ipod plus the zune just doesnt look appealing.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Don't get a Zune. When I had a Zune it broke my 360 when I hooked it up to it. My 360 was a launch 360 that had been working fine since launch. The day I hook my Zune up to transfer media it no longer turns on. It just sat there. I had to send it in for repairs. Then afterwards my ZUNE stopped working, took it in to Bestbuy, and found out it had a faulty harddrive! I got my money back ofcoruse.
ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChevelleFan
[QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]

[QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"]ipod> zune itunes is just better than media player for organizing.MorisUkunRasik

You don't use media player at all. You use the Zune player which in my opinion is much better than iTunes as I own an iPod as well. It even has a marketplace like Xbox Live. You can use exisitingor purchase newMicrosoft points which are transferable from XboxLive to theZunemarketplaceto buy songs. Organizing playlists and managing songs has never been easier.

the main reason I bought an ipod is that it has more support in the accessory department and my car came with an ipod connector already in it so Thats the main reason I got an ipod plus the zune just doesnt look appealing.

Fair enough, I just was letting you know that the Zune uses its own player. I would agree that the iPod is superior in some aspects, but with future generations of the Zune, Apple might just have a run for their money.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JiveT

Don't get a Zune. When I had a Zune it broke my 360 when I hooked it up to it. My 360 was a launch 360 that had been working fine since launch. The day I hook my Zune up to transfer media it no longer turns on. It just sat there. I had to send it in for repairs. Then afterwards my ZUNE stopped working, took it in to Bestbuy, and found out it had a faulty harddrive! I got my money back ofcoruse.Vandalvideo

The ZUNE has got to be one of the most unappealing pieces of kit out there. The name, the look, the display it sits in, the accessories. It all screams BORING CHORE HEADING YOUR WAY GOOD LUCK!

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

Ipod = overrated

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MorisUkunRasik

Ipod = overrated

-Sora

false

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

[QUOTE="gmastersexay"]I rather wait for the touchscreen iPods this fall.latinrage69

you're going to be waiting for a while. those 6G ipods were suppose to launch last year but apple couldn't get it to work right and brought out the 5.5G ipod instead.

Well apparently they got it to work now, i.e. iPhone. Remove the iPhone features and you got yourself a touchscreen iPod. I expect them to announce it at the Paris Expo in September. Apple always has a big conference in September.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="-Sora"]

Ipod = overrated

MorisUkunRasik

false

True. Creative Zen > Ipod in price, accessbility, storage capacity, and hardware qualitiy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

[QUOTE="VERTIGO47"]iPods >>> any MP3 players in the market.....any. JiveT

I'm getting kind of sick of MP3 audio quality. Are they going to bump it up? That might get me into I-Tunes.

Honestly, I've never bought a single track on I-Tunes.....simply because I have massive amount of album collections. Mostly Rock.

Because the tracks from my collection are imported to my i-Tunes....the sound quality is perfect. My best friend has a few CDs imported and the rest of his songs are from i-Tunes.....the quality is just as perfect.

AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts

Ipod = overrated

-Sora

I agree, since more own it they make it seem cool to own one.

Ipod owner: "Dude you dont own a Ipod, you are like so un-cool".

I had an Ipod but gave it away as a gift and bought the Zune and I must say im much happier but like someone stated its lack of accessories does hurt it. Maybe it isnt worth owning one if you are comfortable with your Ipod but dont make a post saying "Ipod POWNS THE ZUNE" with out knowing what it has.

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MorisUkunRasik
[QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"][QUOTE="-Sora"]

Ipod = overrated

Vandalvideo

false

True. Creative Zen > Ipod in price, accessbility, storage capacity, and hardware qualitiy.

zen 30gig is 300$ 30 gig ipod is 250$ a 60gig zen is 400 an 80 gig ipod is 350. Hardware quality is debateable the consumer has obviously made it choice.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vandalvideo
zen 30gig is 300$ 30 gig ipod is 250$ a 60gig zen is 400 an 80 gig ipod is 350. Hardware quality is debateable the consumer has obviously made it choice.MorisUkunRasik
Oh really? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7657555&st=zen&type=product&id=1134700863114 Care to take back that statement?
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts
The Zune display in Circuit City is terrible. It looks like something from the early 90's. I have no interest in MP3 players except in terms of getting the cheapest with the most storage. Video? PFFFF. My new GPS is an MP3 player so I will probably just use that.JiveT
Seriously... small inexpensive nonbrand name ones ftw.