Gears 3 will retro lancer Uncharted 3 in the ***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Sales and scores. Just wait and see. ND are taking on too much for a 2 year cycle. Drake's Deception is not gonna live up to the expectations we all have. It's just too astronomical and unrealistic to follow up on Uncharted 2. Since Gears 2 was a disappointment, Epic can only go UP with Gears 3. Can U3 match all of those GOTY awards? Repeat, or top the 96 on Metacritic. Heck naw.

Drake won't be able to barely escape with his life in this set piece battle against the COGs. He will be torn asunder by the rawness of Gears 3, and by the lancer up his *** (that's a censor bypass for butt, in case you didn't know). Uncharted 3 will have better story-telling (because the story in Uncharted games aren't that amazing, it's the characters and how the story is told that are outstanding), and better single player graphics admittedly. Gears 3 simply provides more satisfaction. Better sound design (much better). Better weapon/killing feedback. No BB gun and air rifle action here, please. We shoot real guns in Gears, homie!

Gears 3 has more enemy types to prevent redundancy. Co-op Arena got boring quick in the U3 Beta (not just because of the low map count). You face the same enemy types over and over. Also, Why the hell would I want to unlock new taunts when I can unlock new ways to kill my opponent while they are helplessly crawling to safety on their knees, and gushing excessive puddles of blood? Executions rock the socks off of lame taunts. Plus, there's more replay value with 4 player campaign co-op, bots in multiplayer, Beast Mode, ad Horde 2.0. Not to mention it's been in development for 3 years. Oh, sure, there's the innovative cinematic level design in Uncharted 3 multiplayer, but what good is that new feature when it's not consistent throughout every map? Airstrip is nice, nothing like that on the market! Chateau, only a room cathes on fire, which is weak. Killzone 2 and Gears of War 2 both had environmental kills/changes years ago. And Yemen? There's nothing cinematic about it.

The cover system is better in Gears 3 as well. If you take a look at the majority of battles in Uncharted 3, cover is mostly used only to regain health. You rarely shoot from cover. And if you do, you'd end up screwed by someone from a high vantage point, or a stealth kill. It's cumbersome and too slow to detach yourself from cover (especially when a grenade is thrown your way, they blow within 2 seconds!). Too slow to pop out and aim compared to Gears. It's simply more responsive and snappier in Gears 3. Cover in Gears 3 feels like a true component to the game and a necessary mechanic to win a match. Most of the firefights in Uncharted 3 are just chumps standing in front of each other while ADS. Don't believe me? Watch the top plays of the week. Oh, and the detestable melee system. It's almost like Halo (except Reach's melee system actually works). People ignore cover, run up to one another shooting from the hip, followed by a gun butt (which has a laughable, goofy animation to begin with). The lunging is sometimes as bad as COD.

Gears 3 keeps it pure. No killstreaks, no kickbacks, no boosters, no armor abilities, no melee lunging, no perks, and no weapon mods. Symmetrical maps designed for optimal use of cover. Just straight gun-on-gun with chess-like strategy. Oh, and Gears 3 will have dedicated servers, Uncharted 3 will not. Boom. That's funny, aren't PS3 exclusive touted for their dedicated servers?

Can Naughty Dog even polish the huge game they are attempting to create? *sniff* *sniff* I smell another Resistance 2. Impressive and huge feature set, but too much left unpolished due to time constraints. The outcome may be worse than Gran Turismo 5 VS Forza 3, and we know how that turned out :/.

Sure, this argument may be a little one-sided, but I don't care. This is System Wars. My opinion is above yours.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

so it begins....

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

lulz for comparing a joke like gears to uncharted 3.

Uncharted 3>>> Gears or maybe should call it last stand 3 for having people going last stand every minute :P

and as you said This is System Wars. My opinion is above yours. ;)

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Excellent post.

I wholeheartedly agree. Gears will trounce UC.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 balfe1990

Agree. Gears 3 > Uncharted 3 in graphics, and gameplay.

Its a game for real men who want pure action and fantastic graphics and gameplay. uncharted is for girly boys who want to cry watching a story.

slarkyslark

I feel a storm is heading in your direction.

Also, lol girly boys.:P

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Uncharted 3>>> Gears or maybe should call it last stand 3 for having people going last stand every minute :P

finalstar2007

Uh no. Incapping an enemy is not last stand. Executions and revivals are a big part of what Gears is about.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Gears 3 = Uncharted 3... I see only differences that make the games unique, no bad games in this thread!
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

All aboard the Uncharted 3 hate train!

First stop, 360 fantasy land.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#12 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

indeed, gears 3 is just pure tactical multiplayer gaming keeping it simple. the gameplay is more rewarding and robust than uncharted 3 can ever hope to accomplish.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#13 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

finalstar2007

gears 3 intimidates some people because of the scope of the tactical gameplay and skill-cap required. uncharted 3 is a good fit ffor you man, enjoy it when it releases.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 balfe1990

While i agree that uncharted 3 will flop here in SW i think it will be a great game just like uncharted 2.TheGuardian03

There's no doubting that. I genuinely can't see it matching Gears 3 though.

slarkyslark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slarkyslark
Member since 2011 • 399 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Dead-Memories

gears 3 intimidates some people because of the scope and skill-cap required. uncharted 3 is a good fit ffor you man, enjoy it when it releases.

+1. Gears is one of the few console games that takes skill. Go play your uncharted or cod

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 PAL360  Online
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

All i can guarantee is that Gears 3 campaign will be amazing, from graphics to length and variety! The bad news are that i have been watching more leaked vids than i should.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I really haven't been impressed with either of them.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TREAL_Since

Wasdie

Then I'll make a thread stating why Gears 3 will crush Battlefield 3.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 15strong

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]While i agree that uncharted 3 will flop here in SW i think it will be a great game just like uncharted 2.balfe1990

Am I the only one who saw this at E3?

And then compared it to this. And realized how much better U3 is.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 PAL360  Online
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]While i agree that uncharted 3 will flop here in SW i think it will be a great game just like uncharted 2.15strong

I think no one denies that Uncharted 3 had a better E3 presentation than Gears 3.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#21 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

slarkyslark

gears 3 intimidates some people because of the scope and skill-cap required. uncharted 3 is a good fit ffor you man, enjoy it when it releases.

+1. Gears is one of the few console games that takes skill. Go play your uncharted or cod

I really dont understand your posts...first you say "rip battlefield, you cant beat the master cod" now you bash on cod? seriously? would you at least put some effort in your posts?
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
The pic of Sully is funny, because I can actually imagine his voice. LOL. Seriously guys, both games will be awesome. Enjoy either, or better yet, both. It looks like Gears might be a lil better looking in the MP arena, but UC3 will probably have a better SP experience. Both games will be great.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 15strong

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

PAL360

I think no one denies that Uncharted 3 had a better E3 presentation than Gears 3.

Somehow Uncharetd has become an automatic flop around here. And I can't figure out why.

slarkyslark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 slarkyslark
[QUOTE="slarkyslark"]

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] gears 3 intimidates some people because of the scope and skill-cap required. uncharted 3 is a good fit ffor you man, enjoy it when it releases.

lightleggy

I really dont understand your posts...first you say "rip battlefield, you cant beat the master cod" now you bash on cod? seriously? would you at least put some effort in your posts?

battfiefield is boring and lame, cod owns it. But for competitive gaming gears owns all. Get it?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
I guess you'Ve already played both games.
slarkyslark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slarkyslark

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

15strong

Somehow Uncharetd has become an automatic flop around here. And I can't figure out why.

Because everyone is finally noticing how overrated it is.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

TREAL_Since

You're going to try to compare a single Xbox 360 exclusive TPS to a multiplat FPS while FPSs are a big fad right now...

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="slarkyslark"] +1. Gears is one of the few console games that takes skill. Go play your uncharted or cod

slarkyslark

I really dont understand your posts...first you say "rip battlefield, you cant beat the master cod" now you bash on cod? seriously? would you at least put some effort in your posts?[/QUOTE

battfiefield is boring and lame, cod owns it. But for competitive gaming gears owns all. Get it?

] battlefield boring and lame? cods own it? No I dont get it.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

You're going to try to compare a single Xbox 360 exclusive TPS to a multiplat FPS while FPSs are a big fad right now...

Well, in that case, I'll make a thread saying why MW3 will own BF3.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Really, you think it will be worse than GT5 vs Forza 3, nah I don't think UC3 will flop? Gears 2 wasn't bad, they can't "only go up" but they do have a lot of things they can improve. Uncharted 3? Not so much. The way I see it: Uncharted 3 SP, Gears 3 MP. :P
slarkyslark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 slarkyslark

Uncharted is just a poor mans Gears, and always will be.

Stringerboy
+1 Uncharted is a straight rip-off. Uncharted is Gears for 13 year old boys.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lightleggy
[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

slarkyslark

no, because people doubt that they can reach the quality of the 2nd one without making it feel "used", since the second one done a lot of new things and they doubt uncharted 3 wont be able to surpass that. I really believe uncharted 3 will get an 8.5-9.0 here
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="slarkyslark"][QUOTE="15strong"]

lightleggy

no, because people doubt that they can reach the quality of the 2nd one without making it feel "used", since the second one done a lot of new things and they doubt uncharted 3 wont be able to surpass that. I really believe uncharted 3 will get an 8.5-9.0 here

What did Uncharted 2 do new? I haven't played it but reviews and general consensus is that Uncharted 2 didn't do anything new, but it was better than the sum of it's parts.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

uncharted 3 online will destroy gears 3 online, let alone the single player story mode.

slarkyslark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 slarkyslark

uncharted 3 online will destroy gears 3 online, let alone the single player story mode.

HAZE-Unit
hahahhaha no. It will be lucky to have 1/4 of the population of gears :D
bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
Have to agree but thats not to say uc3 will be bad because uc2 was a prettyy good game but for me personally gears 3 seems more my style.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

Uncharted is just a poor mans Gears, and always will be.

slarkyslark
+1 Uncharted is a straight rip-off. Uncharted is Gears for 13 year old boys.

What does age have to do with anything?
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

"cover is mostly used only to regain health. You rarely shoot from cover. And if you do, you'd end up screwed by someone from a high vantage point, or a stealth kill. It's cumbersome and too slow to detach yourself from cover (especially when a grenade is thrown your way, they blow within 2 seconds!). Too slow to pop out and aim compared to Gears. It's simply more responsive and snappier in Gears 3. Cover in Gears 3 feels like a true component to the game and a necessary mechanic to win a match. Most of the firefights in Uncharted 3 are just chumps standing in front of each other while ADS. Don't believe me? Watch the top plays of the week. Oh, and the detestable melee system. It's almost like Halo (except Reach's melee system actually works). People ignore cover, run up to one another shooting from the hip, followed by a gun butt (which has a laughable, goofy animation to begin with). The lunging is sometimes as bad as COD."

So much truth in this portion of your post that noone itt has even attempted to argue otherwise,:lol:

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="slarkyslark"] Because everyone is finally noticing how overrated it is.SaltyMeatballs

What did Uncharted 2 do new? I haven't played it but reviews and general consensus is that Uncharted 2 didn't do anything new, but it was better than the sum of it's parts.

a huge graphical leap from UC1, improved cover and gunplay, platformer, added more puzzles, more weapons, the online, longer, more rewarding single player, improved melee combat, pretty much improved vastly over anything UC1 did and added new things, and not to mention all of the campaign's epic moments, people just dont think UC3 will be able to improve anything that, or not signifficantly enough for a "wow"
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

TREAL_Since

Well, in that case, I'll make a thread saying why MW3 will own BF3.

:lol: Treal you're outta control.

Did someone pull you off the tower one too many times in the UC3 beta? :P

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lightleggy
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

slarkyslark

ok how is the population of an online game definer of its quality? and why do people always say like "LOL THIS GAME SUCKS ONLY 200K PEOPLE PLAYING ONLINE WHILE THERE ARE 5 MILLIONS IN COD!!" even with 500 players you'd be able to find a game in less than 10 seconds.
slarkyslark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 slarkyslark
[QUOTE="slarkyslark"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

lightleggy

ok how is the population of an online game definer of its quality? and why do people always say like "LOL THIS GAME SUCKS ONLY 200K PEOPLE PLAYING ONLINE WHILE THERE ARE 5 MILLIONS IN COD!!" even with 500 players you'd be able to find a game in less than 10 seconds.

Metacritic and Gamespot will score it higher than UC. Deal with it.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I hate having to defend Uncharted and bash Gears, cause I only wish for good games. I hope all you Gears fans enjoy your rubbish, I really do! ;)

I am guessing that since Uncharted 1 and 2 are better than Gears 1 and 2, the same will hold true for the upcoming 3's. Watching the vids of those annoying, muscleheads swearing and saying cheesy annoying things while they are in battle is just boring. Then you get to turn into a tank and zoom to the other side of the room to repeat the same annoying thing :P.

Had to let some hate out, since this is indeed SW ;).

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] no, because people doubt that they can reach the quality of the 2nd one without making it feel "used", since the second one done a lot of new things and they doubt uncharted 3 wont be able to surpass that. I really believe uncharted 3 will get an 8.5-9.0 herelightleggy

a huge graphical leap from UC1, improved cover and gunplay, platformer, added more puzzles, more weapons, the online, longer, more rewarding single player, improved melee combat, pretty much improved vastly over anything UC1 did and added new things, and not to mention all of the campaign's epic moments, people just dont think UC3 will be able to improve anything that, or not signifficantly enough for a "wow"

I agree for the most part but the melee system is still broken and puzzles are so easy they basically solve themselves. Everything else is better.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="slarkyslark"][QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="slarkyslark"] hahahhaha no. It will be lucky to have 1/4 of the population of gears :D

Metacritic and Gamespot will score it higher than UC. Deal with it.

Nice crystal ball,can I have it please?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] no, because people doubt that they can reach the quality of the 2nd one without making it feel "used", since the second one done a lot of new things and they doubt uncharted 3 wont be able to surpass that. I really believe uncharted 3 will get an 8.5-9.0 herelightleggy

Oh, you mean the improvements from UC1, never mind.