Gears 2 looks like it got the halo treatment

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigevil_rashek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 bigevil_rashek
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated. It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM! They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par. Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses. On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water. Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts
I think it looks really good. And it's different than Halo 3 because this is the second gears on the 360, while Halo 3 was the first.
kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts

There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated. It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM! They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par. Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses. On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water. Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.bigevil_rashek

uh... did you see the graphics comparisons on gamespot?

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts
has your doctor checked your eyes recently ?
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vilot_Hero
Member since 2008 • 4522 Posts
Im not sure if were looking at the same game;)
Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
*Refuses to give a reaction to TC*
7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts

Gears 1 still doesnt look dated.

jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts
Gears 1 still has the best textures of any console game. IMO its still the most technically impressive. Gears 2 will reset the bar for console graphics much like its predecessor did.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts

They fixed alot of things and adden so much news things

Mayhem48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mayhem48
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts
The graphics are slightly improved, but the scale is far bigger with a huge amount of action on screen. So they have gotten a lot more out of the 360s hardware. So your way off fanboy.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox

[QUOTE="bigevil_rashek"]There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated. It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM! They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par. Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses. On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water. Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.SpinoRaptor

Halo 3 and Gears of war are better games than Uncharted. While you sit there counting pixels and jacking off to the colours I will sit here and actually play the game, Something 90% of fanboys don't do anymore.

Seems I get the best of both worlds as I enjoyed Uncharted a lot and it looks freaking awesome.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
It looks improved imo.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

wow troll, you must be bored as hell.

Blind too, cause Gears 2 looks freaking sweet, and i guarentee you by the time of it's realise it will be the top or in the top 3 best looking console games.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
Nothing I just read made any sense.Clearly a deluded fanboy.
bigevil_rashek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bigevil_rashek
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

[QUOTE="bigevil_rashek"]There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated. It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM! They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par. Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses. On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water. Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.kayn83

That comparisson was crap. In the games we could still see the PS3 version of most games were superior.

xisytenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xisytenin
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts
gears 1 still looks great
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
[QUOTE="kayn83"]

[QUOTE="bigevil_rashek"]There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated. It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM! They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par. Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses. On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water. Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.bigevil_rashek

That comparisson was crap. In the games we could still see the PS3 version of most games were superior.

Your not even going to get support from your fellow cows on this one.Its well known what system has the best multi plats.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

You should get those "Solid Eyes" of yours fixed my friend.

wisdomWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wisdomWarrior
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

Cows should want Gears 2 to be superior to anything on PS3. That way we get more compeition out there and get better looking games.

Gears 2 looks good but I don't know. I was hoping for better. I'm sure the 360 can do more with gears 2 than what they've already shown.

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BlizzardBear
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated.bigevil_rashek
I literally shook my head at this point.

Gears 1 doesnt even look outdated.

wisdomWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wisdomWarrior
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

[QUOTE="bigevil_rashek"]There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated.BlizzardBear

I literally shook my head at this point.

Gears 1 doesnt even look outdated.

I agree with you but how do you think the review for gears 2 will go? It's basically the same game with a little more variety. I'm not sure that there is a huge improvement in graphics over gears 1?

How much better does gears 2 look over gears 1, to you?--Does gears 2 look heaps better to you?

I'm a little bit worried about how the reviews will go for gears 2. Epic suffered a bit with UT3 in the sense that it was essentially the same game as UT1 but with improved graphics. UT3 also had mods to help give it a good score.

I'm just wondering what else gears 2 will bring to the table?

NG2 suffered....

rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
[QUOTE="kayn83"]

[QUOTE="bigevil_rashek"]There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated. It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM! They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par. Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses. On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water. Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.bigevil_rashek

someone needs their eyes checked
gohan2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gohan2710
Member since 2005 • 4315 Posts
There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated. It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM! They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par. Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses. On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water. Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.bigevil_rashek
damn gotta take those sony fanboy googles off
diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts
Whats the halo treatment? Making a great game even better? Oh dear how will we live?!? Can't improve halo compared to what? The previous halo on xbox 360? No offence, but maybe you should think about what your typing before you post... it might help.
jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
Epic Phail
d_40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 d_40
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts
level 21?!?!
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
Gears 2 Does look better than Gears 1. It mostly because of the lighting, but there is a definite improvement.
kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts
ummm wow... the graphics in gears 2 IS better... Epic updated the engine and all...
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Its the Unreal Engine 3 thats "maxed out," not the Xbox 360.

GeOW2 looks like GeOW1 because its running on the exact same engine. Those improvements EPIC were due to their extra experience with the 360 hardware. I bet if they were to make a new engine, it would surpass UE3's visuals

beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 beatzfreak69
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts
Looks like the TC's the one in denial to me... :lol:
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Outdated?

Even as a PS3 owner (I wouldn't call myself a cow though), I have to disagree. The visuals still look superb and Gears has always looked great. That there is now absolutely major improvement in graphics should be quite understandable; it's still built on the same engine. They have improved stuff, like you said: the wider environments are just an example of that.

And let's be honest, it's not as if the sequels on the PS3 have had (or will have) any mindblowingly graphical improvement. For example: Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2. They look about the same as their predecessors, a little tweak here and there, but not enough to make it look like a major overhaul in visuals.

So, stop bashing, and just accept that a game on another console can look fine as well.

Eothein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Eothein
Member since 2006 • 989 Posts

There is no denying it, Gears 2 looks very outdated.

No it does not, it looks very, very nice. You are mixing opinion with fact.

It looks like gears 1 but more cartoonish. Now there is a reason for it. The 360 hardware is maxed out now

Um no its not, its running the latest build of the Unreal Engine, 3.5 and is performing better with it than it did with the original 3.0 build on the original Gears of War. The console is far from maxed out as time goes by developers can get more out of the conosle easier.

and that's why they can't make gears 2 look better, so add color and throw in some wide environments and BOOM!

Ever consider the fact there are wide enviroments are indicative of the console not being maxed out?

They now have an excuse and say (like the lems) that gears has more color and more going on so the textures and shaders don't look up to par.

Except they look better than Gears 1, moving on....

Well this is just like halo, can't improve the graphics so add color and make excuses.

Well Halo was never a looker anyway, the excuses I agree with though

On the other hand, unchartered looks better than gears 2 and killzone 2 blows it out of the water.Coupled with the fact that there is no good looking game on the 360 better than gears

In your opinions. I think Mass Effect looks better.

and that the PS3s multiplats are now superior and it clearly shows that the 360 has been maxed out.

Since when?

bigevil_rashek

Oh hey I think Gears 2 looks rubbish, clearly the 360 am fail.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Looks like the TC's the one in denial to me... :lol:beatzfreak69

Yup, when there's nothing else to nitpick about, blame teh culurz :(

Nisim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nisim19
Member since 2008 • 1002 Posts

even that gears engine is 2 years old he still the best looking game in this gen

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

....*facepalm*....

I swear this place is getting dumber

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Gears 1 still has the best textures of any console game. IMO its still the most technically impressive. Gears 2 will reset the bar for console graphics much like its predecessor did.jbz7890

i know thats your opinion and all, but dont you find it strange that just about every review site is stating the ps3 as the new console graphics king?

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Its the Unreal Engine 3 thats "maxed out," not the Xbox 360.

GeOW2 looks like GeOW1 because its running on the exact same engine. Those improvements EPIC were due to their extra experience with the 360 hardware. I bet if they were to make a new engine, it would surpass UE3's visuals

Blue-Sky

hmmm i guess cliff b should hire you :roll:

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

even that gears engine is 2 years old he still the best looking game in this gen

Nisim19

Resident Evil 5 says Hi.

Crysis also pops in for a visit, saying Hi.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Nisim19"]

thrones

Resident Evil 5 says Hi.

There are games out now that look better too...

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IgorVitaly
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts
May not look that much better than Gears 1 but it still competes graphically with MGS4 and KZ2 easily.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

i don't care if it looks better than gears

gears looks great, and so if this looks more or less the same, i'm happy

great gameplay is what'll make this game fun for me, not the graphics really

why do you think XBLA and VC games are still selling .. partly nostalgia for people who've played old games, but there are new gamers playing them for the fun of it

that's what gaming's about first and foremost, not graphics

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Nisim19"]

Chutebox

Resident Evil 5 says Hi.

Like? the only game that looks better than gears 2 is crysis.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Nisim19"]

MojondeVACA

Resident Evil 5 says Hi.

Like? the only game that looks better is gears 2.

Crysis is already out, both Mass Effect and Uncharted look better ;)

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

What a fanboy!!!!!!

Gears2, Halo3 and even gears1 doesnt look outdated..!! Grow up

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts
it looks like a souped up version of Gears 1 which is awesome IMO
-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
It is sad when a fanboy has nothing to praise his system about so they have to try to make the other systems look worse through insane claims. Please don't say something that you either a) know nothing about or b) just want to lie to get attention.
kostmpekir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kostmpekir
Member since 2008 • 780 Posts

HAHAHA

- new lighting system

- new shadowing system

- 10x more enemies on screen

- 10x bigger levels

- 10x more detail / polygons in levels

- proper foliage

- vast monsters

- 10x more effects / battle frenzy around

- new physics systems

- destructable environments

- new interactive water systems

- soft body systems

That is like going from Far Cry to Crysis actually, Gears 2 is 10x bigger and more power hungry than Gears 1, that is it uses 10x more power than Gears 1 ever did

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Even assuming that were true, Gears looks good enough to where I won't complain about the visuals.

But in honesty, I would prefer more color and differentiation in textures.

Oh, and nothing can be determined about maxing a system's specs by looking at visual output. There is much more to take into account than graphics.