Games that will outsell Halo 3

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
Lemmings seem to think that Halo 3 will be the highest selling game this console generation but they are extremely mistaken. GTA 4 is most likely going to be a bigger seller, as sales figures from last gen of the franchise blew Halo out of the water. On the handheld side Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is going to be a worth purchase for anyone who played the original and will no doubt move quite a few PSP's in the process. Dragon Quest 9: Guards of the Starry Night in Japan alone will sell more copies then Halo 3 will around the world, because Dragon Quest is just that popular and with a 40+ million user install base for the DS, it is easy for the game to sell a lot
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
Brawl in the long run.
Noles_Enemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Noles_Enemy
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
Like all good things, they come to an end. Like all 3rd installments of a series, they're usually terrible. Spider Man 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, Batman 3, Terminator 3, Dynasty Warriors 3, Crash Bandicoot 3, Twisted Metal 3,I can go on and on...
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Allow me to thank you, on behalf of Bungie, for your compliment to their upcoming title, Halo 3. Halo 3 is to the gaming world, as the iPhone is to the cell phone world- it is the benchmark. Your choice to focus on Halo 3 is just further proof of this truth.
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts
Oh no... You just posted something you shouldn't... GTA4 most likely because it's multiplat... Other than that...no.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

GTA will of course outsell Halo3, but only beacuse its multiplatform.

As for the highest selling game of the year, it'll be Pokemon Dimond/Pearl(not kidding).Its already sold like 5 mil, and it has half the year left to sell even more

alex_the_javo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alex_the_javo
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

I wish that an excellent game like Halo 3, brawl or something similar will sell the greatest in the US. The sad truth is that it will probably be a Madden. Worldwide, Halo 3 may well sell the best, but judging from what we've seen, i strongly doubt it will score the best. After all since when are great sales directly proportional to a great game?

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DSgamer64

Allow me to thank you, on behalf of Bungie, for your compliment to their upcoming title, Halo 3. Halo 3 is to the gaming world, as the iPhone is to the cell phone world- it is the benchmark. Your choice to focus on Halo 3 is just further proof of this truth.musicalmac

Halo is an insult to FPS games, even Doom 2 is a far superior game. Enjoy your last gen rehashed mediocreFPS while I get to play something original like Metroid Prime 3 or Crysis :P

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DSgamer64

As for the highest selling game of the year, it'll be Pokemon Dimond/Pearl(not kidding).Its already sold like 5 mil, and it has half the year left to sell even more

whocares4peace

For the year no doubt Pokemon but in the long run I think Dragon Quest 9 will sell the mostbecause it is huge in Japan and has a good solid fanbase everywhere else as well.

H3adhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 H3adhunter
Member since 2004 • 2649 Posts

whocares4peace
Listen to this man. He knows what he is talking about.
KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts

Lemmings seem to think that Halo 3 will be the highest selling game this console generation but they are extremely mistaken.

Since when? Obviously a few multiplatform games will sell more by default.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Metriod Prime 3 looks to me like the other 2?

And no not all games ending in 3 are bad, Super Mario Bros 3! (okay if you want to say Super Mario 2 doesnt count, then you're still stuck with explaining how Super Mario World is bad), Doom 3 ruled, DOA 3 was solid...and I can go on and on. GTA 3. Final Fantasy 3. Etc.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

It will be a total contrast to the list of games that will be better than Halo 3. That will be one short list.

Avatar image for PPresentFortune
PPresentFortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PPresentFortune
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts

LOL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY THINK SOMETHING WILL BEAT HALO 3'S SALES!!!

In the long run something might eventually beat Halo 3's sales but launch sales will be dominated by Halo 3, it has been touted to be the biggest launch for anything associated with the entertainment industry.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
FF tactics wont.

GTA will because its on both 360 and PS3. But the 360 version of GTA 4 will get the most sales. WIth Halo 3 still being th best seller on the 360.

Dragon Quest 8 didnt outsell Halo 2 if im not mistaken. and PS2 had a much bigger userbase.

Smash Bros, has a great shot, But Id still bet on Halo 3
rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
GTA 4 will win, because it's multiplat. And I still think GTA 4 will beat Halo3 on 360 as well. But it's really a win/win for MS. They'll have the highest selling exclusive and multiplat title by the time the holiday season is over.
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts
Did you just say final fantasy tactics is gonna outsell Halo3? that's sigworhty!:lol:
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Allow me to thank you, on behalf of Bungie, for your compliment to their upcoming title, Halo 3. Halo 3 is to the gaming world, as the iPhone is to the cell phone world- it is the benchmark. Your choice to focus on Halo 3 is just further proof of this truth.DSgamer64

Halo is an insult to FPS games, even Doom 2 is a far superior game. Enjoy your last gen rehashed mediocreFPS while I get to play something original like Metroid Prime 3 or Crysis :P

Your talking about rehashed and then you mention Metroid Prime. makes sense.

Halo has been critically acclaimed everywhere. IT sells millions. It has one of the most customizable multiplayers out there. Without MODS. Has a much better balance of weapons versus its previous 2 games, and then most games out there. Throw in a great Singleplayer something Bungie has been working on for 3 years at this point, that has gotten most review mags and sites all excited for it again. Yeah keep hating. Halo is one of the best shooters out there and will be the best console shooter outthere. Crysis is the only game worthy mentioning that will beat it this year.
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

GTA4.....
Dragon Quest IX (those darn japanese just eat this franchise up, and with a HUGE base of DS users there, this game will surpass 5 mil in a week)

i dont think anythign on wii that has been announced yet will pass Halo up. Everyone says Brawl, but SSB sales have declined every generation, and from what i've seen, most that got it on the GC plan NOT to get the new one. A lot say they got it cuz everyone else got it, but its not thier knid of game.

I would love "more deserving" games to sell more, like RE5 or Assassin's Creed, but i know they probably won't break Halo's Hype Machine/Selling Machine

I can't think of anything now.. blank mind.. its too early for me

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
GTA4, madden, and Starcraft 2 are the only ones that really have a large chance.
rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 rey06
Member since 2006 • 2699 Posts
Agreed top contenders: GTA4, SSBB, and Dragon Quest IX :D
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

Did you just say final fantasy tactics is gonna outsell Halo3? that's sigworhty!:lol:SpaceDragonMan

I gave that a strange glare to when he said that. This game is no doubt good, but it won't sell worth a damn.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
GTA4, Madden, and Starcraft 2.
Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

Lemmings seem to think that Halo 3 will be the highest selling game this console generation but they are extremely mistaken. GTA 4 is most likely going to be a bigger seller, as sales figures from last gen of the franchise blew Halo out of the water. On the handheld side Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is going to be a worth purchase for anyone who played the original and will no doubt move quite a few PSP's in the process. Dragon Quest 9: Guards of the Starry Night in Japan alone will sell more copies then Halo 3 will around the world, because Dragon Quest is just that popular and with a 40+ million user install base for the DS, it is easy for the game to sell a lotDSgamer64

Okay...you cant really think that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions can outsell Halo 3 do you? That sounds pretty rediculous. Everything else though....i agree. I think Both GTA4 and DQ9 will outsell Halo 3.

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

Lets look at it with some knowledge shall we? Tactics? are you laughing at me or something?

DqIX - Possibly. I say this because DqIX will sell fairly well outside of Japan too and JPN's sales will be 5 million+ but till a unlikely chance it will outsell Halo 3 global sales.

GTAIV- DEFFINITELY. Not in 2007. But GTAIV is going to sell more than Halo 3.

Smash Bros - More likely than most games. Melee only undersold Halo 2 by a million or so and this time round Wii>360 in terms of sales when the game launches and the popularity of the game with inevitable online will see it sell much more than Melee. So yeah this is a 50/50, but NOT in 2007. If mash bros if it DOES surpass H3 it will be in 2008.

Pokemon - Yes if you combine both games.

Metroid 3 - No effin way.

Wiifit - guaranteed. No seriously by the end of 2009, WIIFIT will outsell Halo 3. I'm not joking.

alex_the_javo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alex_the_javo
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

Quick checkup guys, are we talking worldwide or in the US????

The reason being, dragonquest and FFtactics have significantly more chance of outselling Halo 3 if Japan is included. Remeber, Japanhates and discriminates against the Xbox (at least last time i checked, pray tell if things have changed).

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

One things for sure, it will be a very short list !

On day one, H3 will sell more copies then 90% of all other games ( past & near future ) in their entire lifetime - sounds like H3 should be a success in the sales dept. at least.

Very soon to be a Billion dollar franchise and for the record; I'm thinking AAA.

We shall see.

Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts
Brawl might, in the long run. It doesn't have a chance when Halo 3 first releases.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
World of Warcraft's next expansion.
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
Lemmings seem to think that Halo 3 will be the highest selling game this console generation but they are extremely mistaken. GTA 4 is most likely going to be a bigger seller, as sales figures from last gen of the franchise blew Halo out of the water. On the handheld side Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is going to be a worth purchase for anyone who played the original and will no doubt move quite a few PSP's in the process. Dragon Quest 9: Guards of the Starry Night in Japan alone will sell more copies then Halo 3 will around the world, because Dragon Quest is just that popular and with a 40+ million user install base for the DS, it is easy for the game to sell a lotDSgamer64
Halo 3 will break many sales records but your comparing it to handheld and multiplatform games. Think of all the people who have a DS compared to an Xbox 360.
pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pyoob
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts

Allow me to thank you, on behalf of Bungie, for your compliment to their upcoming title, Halo 3. Halo 3 is to the gaming world, as the iPhone is to the cell phone world- it is the benchmark. Your choice to focus on Halo 3 is just further proof of this truth.musicalmac

/THREAD

kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 kcm_117
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

Halo 3 is going to break the record for the fastest selling media form in 24 hours, which previously, the record was held by halo 2 with 2.4 million. There have already been over 4 million. and that was since may, so i can imagine its alot more since then.

In terms of OVERALL sales, Grand theft auto 4 will without a question beat it in the long run because it is a multiplatform game. But i can assure you, halo 3 will be the fastest selling video game in history.

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

GTAIV may sell more, but probably only if you combine PS3 and Xbox 360 sales. One of the biggest reasons San Andreas sold so well was the gigantic install base of the PS2, and that won't be replicated this early in the PS3 and 360's lifespans. It's more likely that Halo 3 will outsell GTAIV on the 360, as Halo is the "ultimate"Xbox game to many people.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions will be a great game (a remake of one of my favorites ever), but won't sell even half of what Halo 3 does. Dragon Quest 9 may sell better in Japan, but it won't sell nearly as well here, so I'd say that while it may well outsell Halo 3, it won't do it by that large of a margin.

I think generally speaking, the reason lemmings fall back on Halo 3 so much is because it's reliable. Cows like to argue about how big games will increase sales of their system this fall, but the point lemmings make is that Halo 3 is generally as big (hype and sales wise) as any other game coming out.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
Call of Duty 4
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Lemmings seem to think that Halo 3 will be the highest selling game this console generation but they are extremely mistaken. GTA 4 is most likely going to be a bigger seller, as sales figures from last gen of the franchise blew Halo out of the water. On the handheld side Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is going to be a worth purchase for anyone who played the original and will no doubt move quite a few PSP's in the process. Dragon Quest 9: Guards of the Starry Night in Japan alone will sell more copies then Halo 3 will around the world, because Dragon Quest is just that popular and with a 40+ million user install base for the DS, it is easy for the game to sell a lotSeanBond

GTAIV may sell more, but probably only if you combine PS3 and Xbox 360 sales. One of the biggest reasons San Andreas sold so well was the gigantic install base of the PS2, and that won't be replicated this early in the PS3 and 360's lifespans. It's more likely that Halo 3 will outsell GTAIV on the 360, as Halo is the "ultimate"Xbox game to many people.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions will be a great game (a remake of one of my favorites ever), but won't sell even half of what Halo 3 does. Dragon Quest 9 may sell better in Japan, but it won't sell nearly as well here, so I'd say that while it may well outsell Halo 3, it won't do it by that large of a margin.

I think generally speaking, the reason lemmings fall back on Halo 3 so much is because it's reliable. Cows like to argue about how big games will increase sales of their system this fall, but the point lemmings make is that Halo 3 is generally as big (hype and sales wise) as any other game coming out.

IMO; very well stated and I agree.

The Halo series, no matter how some ( PS3 fanboys ) may want to spin, it is a VG Ind. phenom. :)

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Allow me to thank you, on behalf of Bungie, for your compliment to their upcoming title, Halo 3. Halo 3 is to the gaming world, as the iPhone is to the cell phone world- it is the benchmark. Your choice to focus on Halo 3 is just further proof of this truth.DSgamer64

And this is the point where you end your own thread.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts
GTA, Madden, loads of DS games, Brawl, Galaxy
Live_to_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Live_to_kill
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts

GTA IV, FFXIII, MGS4, lots of other big titles.

I only have Halo 1 for PC. Halo 3's waaay overhyped, it's a rather simplistic game, and that's probably why it's popular for some people. Like 90% of XBox fanboys...

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

I only have Halo 1 for PC. Halo 3's waaay overhyped, it's a rather simplistic game, and that's probably why it's popular for some people. Like 90% of XBox fanboys...

Live_to_kill

simplistic games for simplistic people, spot on

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#41 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
[QUOTE="Live_to_kill"]

NorthlandMan

I do not agree. The Halo series isn't exactly "simplistic". The difficulty scales quite well to accomodate many different skill levels. If when you say "simplistic" you mean "balanced', then I agree. However- I don't think that's what you're saying.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

Like all good things, they come to an end. Like all 3rd installments of a series, they're usually terrible. Spider Man 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, Batman 3, Terminator 3, Dynasty Warriors 3, Crash Bandicoot 3, Twisted Metal 3,I can go on and on...Noles_Enemy

Lord of the Rings 3, Oh wait.....

*edit: BTW, MGS3 was not terrible, many consider it to be the best in the series.

hobbit93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 hobbit93
Member since 2007 • 1461 Posts

I wish that an excellent game like Halo 3, brawl or something similar will sell the greatest in the US. The sad truth is that it will probably be a Madden. Worldwide, Halo 3 may well sell the best, but judging from what we've seen, i strongly doubt it will score the best. After all since when are great sales directly proportional to a great game?

alex_the_javo

whocares4peace
you realize halo 3 has 4 million pre orders alone?
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

Halo 3 is going to break the record for the fastest selling media form in 24 hours, which previously, the record was held by halo 2 with 2.4 million. There have already been over 4 million.

kcm_117

Every time someone posts this false rumor, I will post this link to rebut it.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
The new Brain Age for the DSwill sell better
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
[QUOTE="Live_to_kill"]

NorthlandMan

Wow...I think I can pretty effortlessly make a case for why games for the PS3 or Wii are just as simplistic (if not more) than 360 games, so I'm not really sure why you want to open that can of worms. It's one thing if you want to diss on Halo 3, but dissing on people who like the series...That's just stupid, and if anything, makes you look more simplistic than the people you're talking about.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
[QUOTE="alex_the_javo"]

hobbit93

whocares4peace

you realize halo 3 has 4 million pre orders alone?

You realize that isn't true?

Avatar image for 218409372945592235589581321688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 218409372945592235589581321688
Member since 2007 • 618 Posts

Thinking that Halo 3 won't sell a lot is ridiculous (and i don't think that is what you are getting at) but of course other games will out sell it, multiplatform games (even if they are terrible) have a shot to outsell it cause they are selling to everyone.

wannweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 wannweed
Member since 2005 • 415 Posts
brawl, mario kart (this is the real best selling game on GC), gtaiv, madden, wiifit all have a good chance, but i'm sure wiifit will outsell it though
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice

brawl, mario kart (this is the real best selling game on GC), gtaiv, madden, wiifit all have a good chance, but i'm sure wiifit will outsell it thoughwannweed

If you are correct, than what has been said many times over -will indeed be true; the Wii will ruin the VG Ind. ! :(

Hope at least you really want the VG Ind. to go that route and are not just supporting the Nameplate - I can hope in one hand and #2 in the other - I know which one I'll have a handull of ! :(