Games that remind you why you're a gamer

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

Witcher 3 !

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#52 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts
  • Mario Galaxy 1/2
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Mass Effect Trilogy
  • The Witcher 3
Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Witcher 3

RageQuit4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 RageQuit4Life
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

Dota 2. Game can be frustrating sometime but it can't stopping me from getting good at it. Granted, I'm a very competitive gamer.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Witcher 3 currently reminds me of the reason I game. Got to love a game with a nice story that makes you feel important to the world.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Platinum Games.

Tight game mechanics with layers of depth to the gameplay that make them an absolute joy to learn. They can be challenging, replayable, but above all else fun and entertaining. There isn't some pretention of telling some video game story that is only passable by the low ass standards of this medium, nor a "another one" sequelitis vibe you get from all these other studios. Just good ol fashioned self awared cheese fests built on excellent gameplay. My kind of games.

I hope this will be apparent in their next game, Transformers Devastation!!! With those sweet 80's cartoon style cell shaded graphics, I just want this game to be half decent and I will be so happy

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Most recently Elite: Dangerous. I picked it up on a whim a few days ago and damn...been a while since I've played something like this. Took me 20-30 minutes just to get the controls setup, and after playing 4 hours straight and just being completely sucked in I hopped on Amazon and purchased my first joystick in 20 years. Can't wait for the Vive/Rift (whichever comes first/is best)...will really take the game to the next level.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

@Cheleman said:

The Citizen Kane of games.

TLOU

ugh... did you even watch citizen kane?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#59 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

The Order 1886.

I swear as soon as I read yours was the last post, I was betting on Mafia 2.

Well Mafia 2 is one of the greatest video games ever created, so course the game has that effect on people. :P

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

Whenever i play good games. Unlike a lot of ppl in sw, i still enjoy gaming and i have no problem going back and forth each gen.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Lately?

Bloodborne

Diablo 3: UEE

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Arkham Asylum and DKCR.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Platinum Games.

Tight game mechanics with layers of depth to the gameplay that make them an absolute joy to learn. They can be challenging, replayable, but above all else fun and entertaining. There isn't some pretention of telling some video game story that is only passable by the low ass standards of this medium, nor a "another one" sequelitis vibe you get from all these other studios. Just good ol fashioned self awared cheese fests built on excellent gameplay. My kind of games.

I hope this will be apparent in their next game, Transformers Devastation!!! With those sweet 80's cartoon style cell shaded graphics, I just want this game to be half decent and I will be so happy

Probably be another Korra.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Bayonetta and Bayo 2, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, OoT, SM3DW, Captain Toad, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 6, and Dragon Warrior 4.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Most recently it has been StarCraft II.

The one game in the past couple years I've played for more than a few hours.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

Starcraft 2

Halo

Uncharted

COD--sometimes--lol

Oblivion

Metal Gear Solid

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

It's hard to nail down a few games as different aspects of gaming appeals to me in different ways.

I like games that allow me to plan or make use of various tactics and strategies and watch it all come together.

I like to get lost in worlds and universes.

I like to feel like a badass character.

It's not individual games that make me feel like a gamer it's the elements that make amazing games and I have a love for gaming anyway.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Chozofication: This was made by PlatinumGames as well? And why did it not meet their usual standards of quality?

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

@drekula2 said:
@Cheleman said:

TLOU

ugh... did you even watch citizen kane?

of course, what sort of idiot would I be if I hadn't...

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Chozofication: This was made by PlatinumGames as well? And why did it not meet their usual standards of quality?

It wasn't really any different from your typical licensed game. Very short with minimal presentation, standard gameplay. And it was made for Activision, just who they're working with for transformers iirc.

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

Many actually. last gen (gen 7) we saw a great amount of quality AAA games. People bitch about big budget games all the time, but when done right, they push quality and standards for everyone else. RE5 was shit, yet the game was better that a lot of other types of games you saw the gen previous to it (Gen 6). And the best examples, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect Series, Souls, Battlefield, COD (Yes COD), Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Forza series, DE Human Revolution, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age, RDR, Batman games, The Last Of Us, Portal and others push gaming tech forward.

What gen 7 lacked in variety and innovation it more than made it up in quality. Gen 8 seems to be an extension of that. And judging by what we've seen of games like the Witcher 3 and other upcoming games we can assume Gen 8 will expand the level of quality forward.

I recently saw the extended Uncharted 4 gameplay walkthrough and it definitely looked like more uncharted for sure. But the level of polish, art, and technical prowess is freaking awesome. From the facial animations to the smooth character animations, the cinematic camera angles that giving the illusion of having part in an action movie, the way the AK-47 animates when Drake shoots. People can't deny it looks fantastic. It'll be the ultimate Uncharted experience if you enjoyed Uncaharted 2 at all.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Cheleman said:

TLOU

Ovearrated. Not that good. Same mechanics as MANY games Ive played over the years. I want something new and exciting. Something fresh. Save us Nintendo!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Platinum Games.

The problem is if they get enough time and money from Activision. If it's a rush job again like Korra, then they will cut corners and make a repetitive game. Korra had good game feel, and like the base for cool combat ideas, but without the time and resources to expand on it the game is totally forgetable as a beat-em up. And frankly Legend of Korra and Platinum was a great pairing, ditto for Transformers. Activision just has to be willing to not be stingy. Platinum's transformer game (if they had the right time and resources) would blow those recent transformers games that get praise right the **** out of the water.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Recently, some Sega made games like F-Zero GX, Sega Rally On the Xbox 360 and Virtua Tennis 3 off the top of my head.

There's something about their arcade style with a mix of old and new gameplay ideas.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#75 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Streets of Rage 3, Road Rash, Chrono Cross, House of the Dead 2, Wind Waker, WarioWare Smooth Moves, SMG, Mass Effect 2, Gears 2, Saints Row, DKC, Hitman 2, etc.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Bloodborne, GTAV, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 4 MP (so much fun!), been a great gen IMO.

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

Original DOOM

Half-Life

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Guacamelee and Never Alone were the last ones. Such easy, yet complex (Guacamelee) or beautiful with a great story (Never Alone), games.

Also, playing Red Dead Redemption and seeing the sunset gives me chills all the time.