Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@nod_calypse: imagine PT Trailer in VR lol

It was recreated a couple times and put in VR. Konami had it taken down. That shit would probably kill someone, lol.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

Penumbra 2 it was very good for the time as the market was not oversaturated with hide and seek style games.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11178 Posts

I remember the first time I played the OG RE4 and came across the room with the regenerator lying on the slab and on the way out the room, it was gone. And I just sighed and told myself, "I don't feel like dealing with this right now". And turned the game off and played it the next day. I just didn't feel Iike jumpscares and stress that night

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45293 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I remember the first time I played the OG RE4 and came across the room with the regenerator lying on the slab and on the way out the room, it was gone. And I just sighed and told myself, "I don't feel like dealing with this right now". And turned the game off and played it the next day. I just didn't feel Iike jumpscares and stress that night

That reminds me… the first time you encountered the chainsaw guy lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@nod_calypse: imagine PT Trailer in VR lol

Man, I cant handle simple roller coaster in VR..lol

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2951 Posts

@hardwenzen: Dang, Wenzen. Starfield has had you traumatised for life.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2951 Posts

Most of the games have already been mentioned , but anyway...

Resident Evil 1 & 2 (PS1) I will never forget the moment in Resi 2 when Mr. X totally unexpectedly breaks through the wall. I damn near had a heart-attack.

Silent Hill. Especially the hospital level and the crazy music. Check out the music at 8:40 if you forgot : https://youtu.be/IuNvT-wnauQ?si=hkVY22aeIGk7hzUJ

Until Dawn. The fact that you couldn't retry if a friend died made it extra scary.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts
Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39290 Posts

@pmanden said:

@hardwenzen: Dang, Wenzen. Starfield has had you traumatised for life.

It kinda did, i honestly wasn't expecting Bethesda to put such a low effort while trying to create a brand new IP to join their other two massive ones. I was absolutely certain that they'd go all in for this game, and defended Starfield for years before it was released. Look at that shit now, they even recycles the same wooden animations during conversations. Talk about an ultra disappointment.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Fear 1

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 949 Posts

Project Zero/Fatal Frame, Silent Hill 2,3,4 and P.T.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent also had its moments

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@Litchie: Doom 1, 2, 64?

I felt like Doom 3 could have been more of a horror game, but once it finally gets started, it becomes a bit less of that kind of thing. A shame the early part is a bit creepy and had potential.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:

I felt like Doom 3 could have been more of a horror game, but once it finally gets started, it becomes a bit less of that kind of thing. A shame the early part is a bit creepy and had potential.

Lemme explain.

1. I was a child when I played them.

Loading Video...

That shit still gets me. xD

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@Litchie said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Lemme explain.

1. I was a child when I played them.

Loading Video...

That shit still gets me. xD

lol, yeah, there was definitely a depressing atmosphere but music kind of took me out of that. I think they could have made it scarier with simply a sound track change. Was playing Doom 64 I think a year or two back when it was re-released. It's quite good.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Litchie
@HalcyonScarlet said:

lol, yeah, there was definitely a depressing atmosphere but music kind of took me out of that. I think they could have made it scarier with simply a sound track change. Was playing Doom 64 I think a year or two back when it was re-released. It's quite good.

For sure, the early Doom games aren't scary in that sense. But I've been jump scared plenty of times, mostly thanks to that damn Baron of Hell scream.

And yes, Doom 64 is better than you'd think. I'd say it's underrated, considering no one seems to have played it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Alien isolation was scary in parts always terrifying when you was in the same area and hiding.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Amnesia the only legitimately scary game.

I swear if anyone says Resident Evil 4 where you play as JCVD-Chad Leon or Dead Space...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Litchie
@Mozelleple112 said:

Amnesia the only legitimately scary game.

That just makes you sound like you haven't played many horror games.

@Mozelleple112 said:

I swear if anyone says Resident Evil 4 where you play as JCVD-Chad Leon or Dead Space...

RE4 is an action game, but still managed to have some creepy parts, like those regenerators.

Dead Space also isn't very scary, but was filled with jump scares.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mozelleple112

@Litchie: And you would be correct. I don't like horror.

But I've played:

• Every Resident Evil
  • Every Dead Space
  • Every Amnesia
  • Layers of Fear
  • FEAR 1-2
  • Silent Hill 2 was scary af but then again I was like 8 when it came out.
  • various pseudo horror games like Left 4 Dead, COD zombies, Alan Wake, Dead by Daylight, Days Gone, The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Returnal etc.

Maybe I am missing some that I have played but I am very certain I have missed many horrors.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Litchie

@Mozelleple112: Then don't say Amnesia is the only legitimately scary game? :P

Yeah, those games you listed are not very scary. Silent Hill 2 though, **** that game.

Reminds me that I've had Darkwood in my library for ages, but haven't mustered the balls to start it yet. Looks fucked up.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

Outlast: The first one, I haven't played the second but have no intention to regardless of how cheap it gets on PSN. :3 That game is intense and scary the whole way through. I dread it so much that I will not go back to it. It's on a whole different level than most other "scary" games.

The Suffering: PS2 game that I never played due to being too scared to play it. The enemy design, the atmosphere, the setting, the darkness... My younger brother played it and I just watched. :( I'm sure I would play it now'a days, if it were available on PSN. Ties that Bind, the sequel, though still scary, was more action packed and you felt more safe because of a "certain" game mechanic introduced.

Tomb Raider: PS1 era, the bear that comes out of nowhere. Now don't get me wrong, the wolves also spooked me, but that bear. Of course I was a child, but it was a memorable experience I haven't forgotten. Plus, any water in the game where I had to dive scared me because I feared sharks would be there.

Dino Crisis: I couldn't play this one, my older brother played it and I watched. Scary game. I nodded off when he got to a certain point, and was scared awake during the T-Rex scene bursting into the room. :O I've played the second game no problem, and would play the first if it were available on PSN. Or hopefully a Capcom remake. :3

Games like Alien: Isolation or the Resident Evil games I played were intense, butt clenching, holding your breath experiences, but weren't scary. IMO.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mozelleple112

@Litchie:

Funny as we were talking about this, I saw this article on IGN.

Bloodborne in 17th place? The Last of US in 13th place?

Resident Evil 2 in 4th place?????

Who the **** finds those games scary lmao.

Only thing even remotely scary in RE2 is when Mr. X chases you, but its more nerve-wrecking than scary.

TLOU and BB being on the list is just idiotic.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

Currently making my way through Dead Space remake.

I wouldn't say it's scary just more of an uncomfortable experience. Almost claustrophobia with tight corridors and darkness and all. So far enjoying the ride but really missing some wide-open areas.

Perfect Halloween vidya gaming.

lol :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Litchie

@Mozelleple112 said:

@Litchie:

Funny as we were talking about this, I saw this article on IGN.

Bloodborne in 17th place? The Last of US in 13th place?

Resident Evil 2 in 4th place?????

Who the **** finds those games scary lmao.

Only thing even remotely scary in RE2 is when Mr. X chases you, but its more nerve-wrecking than scary.

TLOU and BB being on the list is just idiotic.

There were probably plenty of much scarier games that gen, but IGN must cater to what's popular. Would they list lesser known games instead of stuff like Bloodborne and TLOU, they wouldn't get traffic.

If interested, I'd try to find a list from a real person instead.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mozelleple112

@SecretPolice: Dead Space would have been scary if you didn't have a plasma cutter that turns everything into swiss cheese.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

@Mozelleple112:

Lol ;)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Litchie

@Mozelleple112 said:

@SecretPolice: Dead Space would have been scary if you didn't have a plasma cutter that turns everything into swiss cheese.

I'd lie if I said I wasn't pretty tense while playing Dead Space for the first time. But that was more of a "trying to be prepared for the next jump scare" more than anything else.

But yeah, those enemies are disgusting. Can imagine the dread if you didn't have powerful weapons.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I can't believe that, in my age, I still get scared by video games. Here's all the games that had me hesitating to explore the next areas:

Ocarina of Time (I was 10 when I first played it. The atmosphere, creepy noise, and music in certain sections definitely had me halting my progress and noping over to the fishing hole instead)

Jet Force Gemini (Particularly an abandoned space station level which name I can't remember. Absolute dark corridors with monster noise being heard throughout? Yeah, took me a moment to get through this.)

Evil Within (Hmmm... playing in complete darkness with the stereo on and jumpscares throughout? Yep, I played this on edge the entire time. The one chapter with Ruvik especially had me freezing up)

REmake 1 (I was around 14 years old when I first played this game.)

RE2Make (Yeah, having Mr. X stalking you with other monsters wondering around made me afraid to leave safe rooms a great deal of the time. And again, playing it in stereo with graphical setting maxed out really set the mood)

Resident Evil 7 (I still haven't gotten passed the first section of the game lmao. Must've gotten 15 minutes in, turned it off, and never returned. I plan of taking it on soon though as I slowly get through my backlog)

SOMA (Another game I haven't finished, but did at least get far. Another very intense game heavy on the atmosphere.)

I'm positive there are 1 or 2 more but these are the ones that stick out in my mind....