GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

I have my Steam Deck every where with me. Literally all my friends know me as the Steam Deck guy and I am getting them all into it. The best thing about the Steam Deck that it gets all the gamer exclusives via steam and can play Nintendo products via emulation. Heck even Switch games are absolutely perfect for the Switch, I can't wait to play Smash Brothers on it. I really hope GabeN is the latest guest character.

Seriously guys, stop missing out on the best tech to come out in years. If it is that good now, imagine how innovative the more powerful Steam Deck HD will be when it is announced tomorrow.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7202 Posts

Hurray, you can steal games. Cool story bro. Thanks for helping destroy the gaming industry we love so much.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45113 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Hurray, you can steal games. Cool story bro. Thanks for helping destroy the gaming industry we love so much.

Yea, for one, I don’t think it’s allowed to talk about pirating. And two, that’s exactly that, stealing.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

@mesome713: I happen to buy all my Nintendo products. I appreciate that Nintendo need support which is why their business practices are extra consumer friendly.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22682 Posts

Steam deck is the best Swiss army knife in gaming. It does everything, goes everywhere.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Stop making me want one.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7202 Posts

@GulliversTravel: Sure you do mate. thats what all thieves say. Any unauthorized use of a creators full original content is stealing. So again, thanks for helping destroy the industry we love so much.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

not really, most switch games look like underpowered xbox 360/ ps3 games so theres no point bragging about the steam deck being able to run them. Besides, the switch oled is more suitable to play these games than the deck. The oled has a better and wider screen, plus you get the online features and achievement unlocks. I probably won't play any kind of switch game on the steam deck, its a waste of time.

Also, the funny thing about the steam deck is right now I spend maybe 50% of my team on it playing gamepass games. The only steam games im playing on it are bloons td and p4g. P4G is coming out to xbox gamepass next month if i recall right. Same with p3 and p5r. So its not a steam deck to me, more like a gamepass deck with a side of steam.

I was briefly thinking about getting some ps5 ports on the deck, but you would be dumb as heck to do it if you already played/beat these games on the ps4/ps5. Steam is selling spiderman for $50, let that sink in for a minute LOL. They were selling this on the ps4 and ps5 for $10 not too long ago. I already purchased this game on the ps5 and have zero plans spending $50 to get milked by sony and steam to rebuy on the pc. Honestly sony should be ashamed of themselves...if they're going to price games so high on the pc, then it should at least be their new games like horizon forgotten worst and gt7. Instead they're milking 5 year old games and selling them for nearly full price. Shame on sony and shame on anyone who went out and bought these games on pc.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44175 Posts

What’s “gamer exclusives”? Interesting how you and firstdiscovery both use this term. 🤔

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22682 Posts

@pelvist: Steam deck is so great... You should definitely get one. When I fire it up and instantly resume my games, or look at my massive library, or am able to buy a game for pennies compared to the switch store.... Or just the massive library of games open to you! It's a miracle device in my eyes.

I'm about to play max Payne 3 on it... Just played dead space and no man's sky... Rogue legacy 2.... Left 4 dead, God of War... Hell, between my son and I we have over 250 hours logged on elden ring.... All steam deck.

🎶🎶 On a plane, on a train, at land, at sea... My games go everywhere with me... 🎶🎶

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Smash Bros. Ultimate is one of my favorite games tbh. I just got back into it recently, and it's always great playing it.

If it comes to Steam Deck they should make Gordon Freeman a playable character, and have the crowbar as his main melee weapon.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I don't care about switch games, but I do love my deck. It's just so nice to have all my games on a portable device and not be tied to a stupid console ecosystem.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The Deck is making the switch irrelevant, and if you're a Nintendo fan, you should be worried.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Too bad most games that only have online mode don't run without a connection. Airplane mode be damned.

Also, lots of Switch games STILL run like ass on the Deck. Xeno 3 is one of them.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@TheEroica: Its getting really hard to resist, all I hear are good things about it. The reaosn I havent gotten one already is because iv had handhelds before and lost interest in them after the first few weeks. Im thinking of getting one for my daughter instead of a new laptop, she only plays games on her laptop anyway. If she lets me have a go on hers it might convince me to get one for myself too.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

The Deck is making the switch irrelevant, and if you're a Nintendo fan, you should be worried.

It isn't available worldwide and will never have the mainstream appeal of the Switch, so I don't think Nintendo have anything to worry about.

If anything, the success of the Switch and Deck should have Sony worried. Maybe they'll try another handheld soon, despite the complete failure of their previous attempt?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8221 Posts

I'd just get a nice gaming laptop before getting the deck.

A $200 switch honestly can give me more of enough backlog if I want to game handheld

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@Planeforger said:
@hardwenzen said:

It isn't available worldwide and will never have the mainstream appeal of the Switch, so I don't think Nintendo have anything to worry about.

If anything, the success of the Switch and Deck should have Sony worried. Maybe they'll try another handheld soon, despite the complete failure of their previous attempt?

Yes, its not available worldwide, so imagine when it is. The Deck makes the switch look like a pathetic toy. This isn't a problem for the main Nintendo demographic (5-15yo), but if you're an adult that plays more than an hour a week, you should be asking yourself a few questions about why even considering a Switch 2.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD

@hardwenzen: switch has an intensive catalogue of games on it. It's more pick up and play than the deck and has a $200 entry price. If anyone is interested in handheld gaming and hasn't snagged one yet.. I really got to question why. I really dig it, probably my favorite Nintendo system. Shit man I just turned 30, got a nice PC rig, a PS4, SX, switch. That switch gets the most play just because it's the easiest. Can watch a movie or show I'll be chilling with the switch playing Hades, Cuphead, YS, mario maker. If someone can't find something to play on the switch I question if they really play games besides 3-4

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: switch has an intensive catalogue of games on it. It's more pick up and play than the deck and has a $200 entry price. If anyone is interested in handheld gaming and hasn't snagged one yet.. I really got to question why. I really dig it, probably my favorite Nintendo system. Shit man I just turned 30, got a nice PC rig, a PS4, SX, switch. That switch gets the most play just because it's the easiest. Can watch a movie or show I'll be chilling with the switch playing Hades, Cuphead, YS, mario maker. If someone can't find something to play on the switch I question if they really play games besides 3-4

You mentioned a bunch of old 2d games as the strength of the system, and what you're having fun with. This is not my definition of fun and EVEN if it was, i would have already finished these old games. The reality is, the system is getting nothing but easy cash grab remasters and forgettable shovelware like Xeno3, Mario Strikers, etc. There hasn't been anything memorable on the system in years. The company is on auto pilot until the Switch 2 launches, and if it sells without even trying, then they'll be back on the auto pilot within a year and a half after launch.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SargentD

@hardwenzen: no way you finished every game available on the switch. There's so many damn games on it. If you game alot, you most likely have a PC, Box, Or playstation as well anyway for the beefier games.

You can't have fun with 2D games? I love 2D games. Gunvolt, shovel knight, Cuphead, Hades, mega man X collection, worms, dead cells, Cave Story, shit Ill play Galaga.

I mean the switch had a pretty damn good year. Triangle Strategy, Xenoblade 3, Kirby, LiveALive, Pokemon Arceus, and you got Mario rabbids, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3 on the way

But honestly you dont like older games? I love older games. Why not play Knights of the old republic on switch? Or RE4? Doom 3?

The switch is a nice handheld. It doesn't need to play super beefy games. It's a handheld, I don't get a handheld to play beefy games on it. Play those games on appropriate hardware like a PC or home Console.

That's why the deck has shit battery life, it's trying too much to be more than a handheld.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hardwenzen
@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: no way you finished every game available on the switch. There's so many damn games on it. If you game alot, you most likely have a PC, Box, Or playstation as well anyway for the beefier games.

You can't have fun with 2D games? I love 2D games. Gunvolt, shovel knight, Cuphead, Hades, mega man X collection, worms, dead cells, Cave Story, shit Ill play Galaga.

I mean the switch had a pretty damn good year. Triangle Strategy, Xenoblade 3, Kirby, LiveALive, Pokemon Arceus, and you got Mario rabbids, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3 on the way

But honestly you dont like older games? I love older games. Why not play Knights of the old republic on switch? Or RE4? Doom 3?

The switch is a nice handheld. It doesn't need to play super beefy games. It's a handheld, I don't get a handheld to play beefy games on it. Play those games on appropriate hardware like a PC or home Console.

That's why the deck has shit battery life, it's trying too much to be more than a handheld.

You mentioned old 2d games. I said that if i was interested in those games, i would have already finished them long time ago. The majority of games on the Switch are ports from previous generations, and that is not worth my time, because again, if i was interested in those old titles, i most certainly already owned them and finished them.

I played RE4 back in the day, and repurchased the remastered version this year. Within an hour i stopped playing because the controls are the pure definition of shit. I have also played NG1 a few weeks ago, and holy crap that camera.

Old games better stay in the past. A remake on a scale of REmake or Demon's Remake will do, but how many of those are there? Most re-releases are lazy garbo versions not worth replaying even if they were free, let alone paying $60-70 for a 20yo game.

And batteries will improve with time. The more competition we see in the handheld department, the faster we'll see some noticeably advancements. If Nintendo were the only ones releasing handhelds, it would take them another 15y+ to get to the processing power a standard ps4.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I was thinking of getting one whenever they make the battery last for more than 2 hours.

It sucked for Switch, it sucks for Deck.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Litchie: 2 hours is what you get when playing more demanding games, to be fair. I get I think 3 hours with Mass Effect LE and 4 hours with Desperados 3. Something like 5 with Civilization

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

If you love a game, book, etc. you need to support the owners so they can continue bringing you the content you desire. I'll play each of the three on the devices meant for them to be played on.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

You can support developers and still emulate games on your portable system. These are not mutually exclusive. Most of these games I have bought multiple times over...