Funny..."hardcores" think graphics is what makes a system yet the Wii

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for IronMaidenLives
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IronMaidenLives
Member since 2007 • 703 Posts

I find it quite ironic that the Wii's graphics are the target for ridicule when the PS3 is selling nowhere near what the Wii is. If graphics are so important, how does a logical person explain this?

It is simple, the majority has spoken with their wallets. Gameplay trumps graphics. I have ow concluded that the PS3 will not win the "console war". However, the Wii possibly can. The 360? When most games available on the PS3 are available on the cheaper console, it is only logical to conclude that the 360 wins.

The PS2 destroyed the competition. The PS3 will not.

Nteks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nteks
Member since 2007 • 673 Posts

I don't care the Wii still has subpar graphics. Therefore I'm not buying it.

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts

I find it quite ironic that the Wii's graphics are the target for ridicule when the PS3 is selling nowhere near what the Wii is. If graphics are so important, how does a logical person explain this?

It is simple, the majority has spoken with their wallets. Gameplay trumps graphics. I have ow concluded that the PS3 will not win the "console war". However, the Wii possibly can. The 360? When most games available on the PS3 are available on the cheaper console, it is only logical to conclude that the 360 wins.

IronMaidenLives

According to your reasoning Nsync is better than Jimmy Hendrix.  

Cookiegut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cookiegut
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

Gameplay trumps graphics.IronMaidenLives

Or cheap trumps expensive.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

I don't care the Wii still has subpar graphics. Therefore I'm not buying it.Nteks

Couldnt you use that exact same justification for not getting any console if you have a gaming PC? Consoles have always had poor graphics compared to the PC. That didnt stop the games on all the consoles before from being bad, now did it?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

I find it quite ironic that the Wii's graphics are the target for ridicule when the PS3 is selling nowhere near what the Wii is. If graphics are so important, how does a logical person explain this?

ramey70

But NSynch IS better than Jimmy Hendrix :|... :lol: Sorry, I couldn't hold it!! :lol:

Though, in truth, I could care less about both pretty equally.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

Last time I checked sales don't prove anything....

So by your logic.... since Simpsons Hit N Run sold more copies than Devil May Cry 1 your telling me Simpsons Hit N Run is a better game.....:|

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Nteks

Didnt Homer Simpson choose Playstation 1? 

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

IronMaidenLives

Wasn't this the same dude that said people were jealous of a console :lol: 

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IronMaidenLives

So by your logic.... since Simpsons Hit N Run sold more copies than Devil May Cry 1 your telling me Simpsons Hit N Run is a better game.....:|

MikeE21286

Isn't a console war about what sells more? Not what it better?

Retort failed. Try again.

vauba_haoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vauba_haoly
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts
I think a lot of it may also be the more mainstream price.  The PS2 is still trouncing it's next gen competition. 
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IronMaidenLives

thejakel11225

Yes, cows are jealous their precious powerhouse is being stomped by the Wii.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MikeE21286
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

IronMaidenLives

Silly me.  I thought it was whatever console had the best games on it........

I don't play "sales" I play games.

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thejakel11225
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

So by your logic.... since Simpsons Hit N Run sold more copies than Devil May Cry 1 your telling me Simpsons Hit N Run is a better game.....:|

IronMaidenLives

Ohh, so you'd rather have something thats selling more than something thats good...hmm... sheep are getting more and more brain washed.  

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IronMaidenLives
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

MikeE21286

What has better games is subjective. What sells more in a console war is definitive. Learn the difference.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

ramey70

NSync isn't a direct competitor with Jimmy Hendrix. Yeah, yeah, the Wii isn't competing with the PS3, I know. That's BS, IMO. It has a wider audience than the PS3, but its "wider audience" encompasses the PS3's audience as a subset within it. I doubt NSync and Jimmy Hendrix share a large fraction of their audiences, and I highly doubt anyone is an "exclusive" fan of one or the other (i.e. wouldn't buy the music of the other under any circumstances). Now, if you compared direct competitors, like Alienware and Thunderbox, or Dell and HP, or iPod and Zune, then that's a valid comparison.
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IronMaidenLives

So by your logic.... since Simpsons Hit N Run sold more copies than Devil May Cry 1 your telling me Simpsons Hit N Run is a better game.....:|

thejakel11225

Ohh, so you'd rather have something thats selling more than something thats good...hmm... sheep are getting more and more brain washed.  

What I have or want is not the subject. It is what sells the most that matters in a console war.

Your post has been discarded.

callmewaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 callmewaffle
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

I find it quite ironic that the Wii's graphics are the target for ridicule when the PS3 is selling nowhere near what the Wii is. If graphics are so important, how does a logical person explain this?

IronMaidenLives

Since when does Sales=gameplay.

All you've proven is that the Wii sells, we saw this coming, no elderly couple, middle aged woman, or toddler can resist it.

Cookiegut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cookiegut
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

MikeE21286

Yes, very silly you. You can't have good games if noone owns your console to want them. Suply and demand mate.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MikeE21286
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

IronMaidenLives

What has better games is subjective. What sells more in a console war is definitive. Learn the difference.

Must....play...system...with...most....sales....

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mjarantilla

callmewaffle

All you've proven is that the Wii sells, we saw this coming, no elderly couple, middle aged woman, or toddler can resist it.

Sales lead to gameplay which lead to more sales.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thejakel11225
[QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

IronMaidenLives

If i liked the Wii i would've bought it, no reason to get jealous of a machine, Sheep logic gets worse by every post..

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IronMaidenLives

callmewaffle

Where do I mention anything about gameplay?

Retort failed. Post discarded.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

thejakel11225

If i liked the Wii i would've bought it, no reason to get jealous of a machine, Sheep logic gets worse by every post..

FANBOY logic, not just sheep logic. Please get it right. All three breeds of animals are equally unintelligent.
neojackazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 neojackazz
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
i got a wii and i regret it 
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I don't think the Wii has proven that gameplay trumps graphics. a bunch of mini games do not constitute great gameplay. So far the best things about the Wii have been 2 upgraded gamecube titles, a tech demo and a title consisting of nothing but minigames...

The Wii is fun and simple to use at a cheap pricepoint.. THAT is why it is successful. It has nothing to do with superior gameplay because at this moment most of the Wii titles are subpar 3rd party shovelware.

Fun trumps everything. It's the K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) factor at it's best at work here.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
 Isn't it great to see the xows trying out the 'sales don't matter' mantra when their beloved system is in 3rd and will stay that way?
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

callmewaffle

hmm lets see the past sales = more games =more 3rd party games = more support = more money for developers

thats why :|

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IronMaidenLives
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

thejakel11225

I own zero current-gen systems. I am not a sheep. Generalization failed. Retort irrelevant. Post discarded.

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thejakel11225
[QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

mjarantilla

FANBOY logic, not just sheep logic. Please get it right. All three breeds of animals are equally unintelligent.

lol, point approved :p

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wavebrid

I don't think the Wii has proven that gameplay trumps graphics. a bunch of mini games do not constitute great gameplay. So far the best things about the Wii have been 2 upgraded gamecube titles, a tech demo and a title consisting of nothing but minigames...

The Wii is fun and simple to use at a cheap pricepoint.. THAT is why it is successful. It has nothing to do with superior gameplay because at this moment most of the Wii titles are subpar 3rd party shovelware.

Fun trumps everything. It's the K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) factor at it's best at work here.

heretrix

no ps1 and ps2 did and wii going to be the same :|

what mim games? :|  wii sports (not mim game) rayman is (on all console) waire ware (has mini games still tehcially not called mimi game)  wii play (still not mim games)

so what mim games are you getting it ?

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

IronMaidenLives
And there you have it, a lot of people have bought the Wii. However, we don't know who will win the gen just yet. It's to early to truly predict the leader. And on another point I have to agree that gameplay does trump graphics. It's just that the Wii hasn't proved that the Wiimote makes gameplay better. It's just a different way to play games. Don't count the PS3 exclusives out just yet.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thejakel11225
[QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

IronMaidenLives

I own zero current-gen systems. I am not a sheep. Generalization failed. Retort irrelevant. Post discarded.

pritty obvious you're a Wii fan, which makes you a sheep, your logic fails, post discarded.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wavebrid

Ibacai

And there you have it, a lot of people have bought the Wii. However, we don't know who will win the gen just yet. It's to early to truly predict the leader. And on another point I have to agree that gameplay does trump graphics. It's just that the Wii hasn't proved that the Wiimote makes gameplay better. It's just a different way to play games. Don't count the PS3 exclusives out just yet.

i dont see that helping anyone buying a 600 for 3-4 exlcisves that will not make tripple a most likey. (talking about this site)

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wavebrid
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

thejakel11225

pritty obvious you're a Wii fan, which makes you a sheep, your logic fails, post discarded.

Just beaucse he likes wii that makes him a sheep :?

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mjarantilla

Ibacai

The Wii hasn't proven itself with FPSes yet, but it's demonstrated that more traditional games can be more fun with the Wiimote. Madden 07 and Godfather, for example. Probably Scarface later this year.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ibacai
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

wavebrid

i dont see that helping anyone buying a 600 for 3-4 exlcisves that will not make tripple a most likey. (talking about this site)

Try again on the amount of exclusives and I wasn't here to advertise for the PS3. If people use this thread to choose what system to buy then they need to get out more. No, mrjarantilla. The Wiimote has proved nothing of the sort. It's innovative and different but that doesn't make it better in an overall experience.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

Ibacai

Try again on the amount of exclusives and I wasn't here to advertise for the PS3. If people use this thread to choose what system to buy then they need to get out more.

there isnt much liar is no way near worth 660  racent clank are not even worth 50

mgs 4 dont really care about series anyways dosent effect me life without it i can live without it.

motorstrom is nothing special regular game at best.

callmewaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 callmewaffle
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts
[QUOTE="callmewaffle"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

It is simple, the majority has spoken with their wallets.Gameplay trumps graphics. I have ow concluded that the PS3 will not win the "console war". However, the Wii possibly can. The 360? When most games available on the PS3 are available on the cheaper console, it is only logical to conclude that the 360 wins.

IronMaidenLives

You and sexy-Luigi are self destructive.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ibacai
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

wavebrid

Try again on the amount of exclusives and I wasn't here to advertise for the PS3. If people use this thread to choose what system to buy then they need to get out more.

there isnt much liar is no way near worth 660 racent clank are not even worth 50

mgs 4 dont really care about series anyways dosent effect me life without it i can live without it.

motorstrom is nothing special regular game at best.

And your entire post is just one big opinion, not everyone thinks the same way. All I'm saying is that it's to early to count any system out just yet.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wavebrid
[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"][QUOTE="callmewaffle"][QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]

It is simple, the majority has spoken with their wallets.Gameplay trumps graphics. I have ow concluded that the PS3 will not win the "console war". However, the Wii possibly can. The 360? When most games available on the PS3 are available on the cheaper console, it is only logical to conclude that the 360 wins.

callmewaffle

You and sexy-Luigi are self destructive.

gameplay always done that years and years before if that wasnt the case pc games would be sky rocket out of here

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mjarantilla
No, mrjarantilla. The Wiimote has proved nothing of the sort. It's innovative and different but that doesn't make it better in an overall experience.Ibacai
Explain Madden 07 and Godfather getting the highest scores of the Wii, then. Not saying it AUTOMATICALLY upgrades a game's gameplay quality. Just saying, if properly implemented, a game can be made more fun.
Avatar image for frustatedgibbon
frustatedgibbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frustatedgibbon
Member since 2005 • 1915 Posts

ill have all 3 at one point anyway. so this doesnt really matter to me, haha. got a wii already, aiming for a 360 in the summer and ill get a PS3 after a significant price drop (getting a PS2 next month when i get paid). the PS3 is £425 here, but im willing to pay around £300, but i could stretch to £350 if thats all they are giving us.

it would make a huge difference to pay £300 or less though. maybe second hand in a couple of years time!

need to get a PS2 first though! haha.

b xx 

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wavebrid

ill have all 3 at one point anyway. so this doesnt really matter to me, haha. got a wii already, aiming for a 360 in the summer and ill get a PS3 after a significant price drop (getting a PS2 next month when i get paid). the PS3 is £425 here, but im willing to pay around £300, but i could stretch to £350 if thats all they are giving us.

it would make a huge difference to pay £300 or less though. maybe second hand in a couple of years time!

need to get a PS2 first though! haha.

b xx 

frustatedgibbon

im loving mine already :) :D

iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 iwo4life
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

IronMaidenLives

There are plenty of cheap people sitting in front of SDTVs right now playing thier cheap Wii and PS2s.  When HDTV is less expensive and both the 360 and PS3 pricedrop you wont' see the mad rush to buy a Wii.  In a few years both the 360 and the PS3 will outsell the Wii by a wide margin.  The 130 Million people that bought XBOXs and PS2s wont' want to make a lateral move to a Wii with marginally better GFX.  I personally can't figure out how Nintendo convinced GC owners to make essentially a lateral move to a new console just for the controller at 2.5 the price.  Plus gouge them on a million accessories.

I own a TV that costs many times the amount of all 3 of these systems combined.  Do you think I might choose a system that will take advantage of that? 

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Guys, guys, if sales are the only thing that matters then why are you even buying the so-called "next-generation" systems? You should all go out and buy the PS2 instead it s sold the most consoles in the last 5 years so we should all buy it because it s selling. To hell with these "realistic" graphics and these "innovations" we all know the PS2 is the best system.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Nteks
Obviously you've never owned a PS2, X-Box, PS1, Snes, Nes, Gameboy, or D.S., because they all had superior competition, graphically.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts

iwo4life

There are plenty of cheap people sitting in front of SDTVs right now playing thier cheap Wii and PS2s.  When HDTV is less expensive and both the 360 and PS3 pricedrop you wont' see the mad rush to buy a Wii.  In a few years both the 360 and the PS3 will outsell the Wii by a wide margin.  The 130 Million people that bought XBOXs and PS2s wont' want to make a lateral move to a Wii with marginally better GFX.  I personally can't figure out how Nintendo convinced GC owners to make essentially a lateral move to a new console just for the controller at 2.5 the price.  Plus gouge them on a million accessories.

I own a TV that costs many times the amount of all 3 of these systems combined.  Do you think I might choose a system that will take advantage of that? 

Funny....My Wii looks great on a HUGE expensive HDTV...seems to me that the Wii taking advantage of my TV just fine..
iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 iwo4life
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]No, mrjarantilla. The Wiimote has proved nothing of the sort. It's innovative and different but that doesn't make it better in an overall experience.mjarantilla
Explain Madden 07 and Godfather getting the highest scores of the Wii, then. Not saying it AUTOMATICALLY upgrades a game's gameplay quality. Just saying, if properly implemented, a game can be made more fun.

At this site the ratings are based on the system they are on.  The reviewers expected more out of those games on better systems.  If they released a fake Wiimote for the 360 tomorrow and it worked for madden 08 but had really bad GFX do you think the score would be high?  It wouldn't.  The reviewers don't penalize the Wii for GFX like they do to the 360 and PS3. 

darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts

ramey70

ja ja nice one,

up the Irons .