Free Radical parodies Halo 3: Timesplitters 4 is coming!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

A big halo to all our fans! TimeSplitters is a hard game to master. Chiefly because of all the monkeys. So here's your chance to get a look at one of them before he starts shooting you in the face in TimeSplitters 4. Check out FRD's site (Don't skip the intro).

"It's back! Featuring even more crazy characters, devastating weapons and heart pounding hot sweaty action. It's funny, it's frantic and it'll do things you've never seen before!"

"No, not naked girls, even better than that! We can't tell you the details yet, the monkeys have a loaded banana pressed against our skull, but this game will take the first person shooter to gaming nirvana. Save the world or die laughing, Timesplitters 4 is coming to getcha!"

:lol: Excited about TS4 people? For those who don't know much about this series, it has an awesome multiplayer, and a very loyal fanbase so FRD fans are very excited that TS4 is coming.

What do you guys think?

WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
I know. I LOL'd. In fact, it was so funny, that I made a new sig in honor...
Dylons_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dylons_Fire
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts
My opinion? Just another FPS in the cycle of video gaming. It is soooooo saturated in FPS. That's why Xbox360 is consider the best library because "best library" means great shooters.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the-very-best

My opinion? Just another FPS in the cycle of video gaming. It is soooooo saturated in FPS. That's why Xbox360 is consider the best library because "best library" means great shooters.Dylons_Fire

Yeah, we have so many FPS' out now, so I agree with that.

But TS has always been unique. It's really all about the humour and just having a good time with your mates in MP. Still my favourite FPS series because of that. It's simple but very effective.

Bibbidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bibbidy
Member since 2006 • 636 Posts

A big halo to all our fans! TimeSplitters is a hard game to master. Chiefly because of all the monkeys. So here's your chance to get a look at one of them before he starts shooting you in the face in TimeSplitters 4. Check out FRD's site (Don't skip the intro).

"It's back! Featuring even more crazy characters, devastating weapons and heart pounding hot sweaty action. It's funny, it's frantic and it'll do things you've never seen before!"

"No, not naked girls, even better than that! We can't tell you the details yet, the monkeys have a loaded banana pressed against our skull, but this game will take the first person shooter to gaming nirvana. Save the world or die laughing, Timesplitters 4 is coming to getcha!"

:lol: Excited about TS4 people? For those who don't know much about this series, it has an awesome multiplayer, and a very loyal fanbase so FRD fans are very excited that TS4 is coming.

What do you guys think?

the-very-best

Meh. Timesplitters was fun for a little while, but the game has absolutely no depth. There are too many _good_ shooters coming out soon to care.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
dont really care.....im enjoying my good old halo 3
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
TS2 was the best console multiplayer fps last gen.
nytrospawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nytrospawn
Member since 2003 • 3962 Posts
Free Radical is the best. There , I said it.
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts
Good news! Always had a blast playing single and multiplayer in the past games.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts

My opinion? Just another FPS in the cycle of video gaming. It is soooooo saturated in FPS. That's why Xbox360 is consider the best library because "best library" means great shooters.Dylons_Fire

We dont have that many on the Wii, and if the letter section on FRD page is any indication, on the Wii will be.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the-very-best

dont really care.....im enjoying my good old halo 3Dante2710

This game will probably come to the 360 too. And PC/PS3, and even possibly Wii.

It's not a major system seller or anything, it's just great fun. TS2 and TS:FP (and I'm not exaggerating when I say this) lasted me over 2 years each, and I still play them to this day with mates.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I've always had a good laugh when playing Timesplitters...... but thats the extense of it.
madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
Timespiltters> Halo for Multiplayer imo, didn't get a chance to play TS3 but I will get 4 for sure!
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]dont really care.....im enjoying my good old halo 3the-very-best

It's not a major system seller or anything, it's just great fun. TS2 and TS:FP (and I'm not exaggerating when I say this) lasted me over 2 years each, and I still play them to this day with mates.

I've never played Timesplitters before, but I'd be willing to try it :D

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
seems like fdr has to mention halo in some way when showing their product. from making fun of the halo fanboys or saying how halo 3 is a kiddy game compare to haze and now to this. i do admit the ts4 halo 3 parody was clever.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the-very-best

fuzzysquash

It's the most fun I've ever had in MP, ever. So, right after I've kicked your ass many times in Killzone, I can continue to do so in Timesplitters next year. :D

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
I love TS. TS2 and TS3: FP were amazing. Such an awesome sense of humor, cool storylines, all sorts of different weapons. I must have beat it on splitscreen five times on PS2.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]

the-very-best

It's the most fun I've ever had in MP, ever. So, right after I've kicked your ass many times in Killzone, I can continue to do so in Timesplitters next year. :D

:lol: big talker

We'll see if you can walk the walk :wink:

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
I tried TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, or something along those lines, and I didn't like it. This was after I played Halo 2.

It has styIe but there are several other FPS that I prioritize over this, namely CoD4 and Halo 3 among others.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
i liked TS when it came out was one of the better fps console games during its time. i remember i had fun with ts2 campaign, but i didnt like mp much cause of the 4 player max and i dislike split screening. im sure they will implement online mp since they arent limited compare to back then along with having more than 4 players mp player matches.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]dont really care.....im enjoying my good old halo 3the-very-best

Let me quote Free Radical's letter section....

"Dear Free Radical,

i have recently read that you guys are probably only releasing TS4for PS3 which i think is rediculous.

I have all of the other ones and i do not own a PS3, but a 360, i would be very ouraged if you guys chose just to market it for PS3
-Tucker

R107 Says:

Well, wherever you read that was talking out of its arse. We're still coming up with ideas for the game, so we're months and months away from deciding what formats it will be on. Rest easy, poopypants."

"Dear Free Radical,
I've heard rumors that Time Splitters 4 is under development. I was wondering if you can confirm this and if it will be on all major home consoles(XBox 360, PS3, and Wii)?

-Brett

R107 Says:

Absolutely 100% guaranteed, yes. It IS in development. But, we're a long way off deciding what platforms it'll be on.

Wii - Yes we like we too."

"Dear Free Radical,
I was wondering if you guys were considering making a game for the Nintendo Wii. I cry if I can't continue trashing Timesplitters on my Wii when you guys get Timesplitters 4 up and running... Please, I beg you... don't make me cry..

-QuarterPorter

R107 Says:

It's all up for consideration right now. We love the Wii like Michael Jackson loves the children of the world, but we're not committing to anything yet."

tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts
Oh man me and my buds had some of our best video game moments with Timesplitters 2. The game seriously never gets old... With all the bots, the characters, the weapons, the humor I rate it one of teh best FPS's to date. So much fun..
eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
TS multiplayer online would ruin that game for me....I couldn't stand competing against people who were taking it seriously...
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Yes, yes, **** yes. Now just make a Wii version with proper controls and online. I think I would die from joy.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

The last Timsplitters game suaked monkey halls.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

Timespiltters> Halo for Multiplayer imo, didn't get a chance to play TS3 but I will get 4 for sure!madmidnight

IMO NO game can even come close to Halo 3's MP

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

LOVE THIS FRANCHISE>

I mean they condemned themselves and Haze for the halo bashing a few months back.

But Monkey+Online+my 360 headset( i trash talk, sue me)+the spits and giggles fun gameplay= AMAZING GAME THAT GETS HIGHLY UNDERRATED because its not "Teh EPIC"

I say F all those epic games. Time SPlitters 4 equals one of the top best games next year.

Ill hype it AAA. even if i know it will get 8.5d on this site.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

The last Timsplitters game suaked monkey halls.

PS3_3DO

wtf? :lol: "suaked monkey halls." im not making fun of ur spelling errors, i just think that the phrase sounds funny lol.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
I could never really get into Timesplitters...I dunno, maybe its because I didn't give it a good enough chance. I only tried a demo (timesplitters 2), and I was pretty much instantly scared away by the inverted controls, and its silly tone. Mind you, this was a long time ago, and maybe it just didn't leave a good impression because I was enjoying a lot of other amazing shooters at the time, and the whole "photorealistic" graphics/gameplay thing appealed to me more at the time. The point is, the timing was bad, I have never experienced a Timesplitters game, and I doubt if they have held up well by now, so I can hardly be excited about this new one, based on the rest of the series. If they prove to me that this game can meet my expectations set by a lot of other shooters coming out in the near future, then I will give it a shot (again).
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

Timesplitters is console FPS royalty. Timesplitters 2 was the next best thing to Goldeneye, and playing as a 3 foot monkey is absolutely priceless. I can't wait to see what Free Radical does with TS 4; I just hope they keep the amazing map editor.

Also, please go take a look at the 360 library...Just because it has a lot of good FPS games (the other systems would love to have that problem) doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of good games of other genres. Hell, there are at least as many sports games as there are FPS...

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

[QUOTE="Dylons_Fire"]My opinion? Just another FPS in the cycle of video gaming. It is soooooo saturated in FPS. That's why Xbox360 is consider the best library because "best library" means great shooters.SeanBond

Timesplitters is console FPS royalty. Timesplitters 2 was the next best thing to Goldeneye, and playing as a 3 foot monkey is absolutely priceless. I can't wait to see what Free Radical does with TS 4; I just hope they keep the amazing map editor.

Also, please go take a look at the 360 library...Just because it has a lot of good FPS games (the other systems would love to have that problem) doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of good games of other genres. Hell, there are at least as many sports games as there are FPS...

i rented it and it didnt hook me into the game. There was no depth, no soul

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SeanBond
[QUOTE="SeanBond"]

[QUOTE="Dylons_Fire"]My opinion? Just another FPS in the cycle of video gaming. It is soooooo saturated in FPS. That's why Xbox360 is consider the best library because "best library" means great shooters.krp008

i rented it and it didnt hook me into the game. There was no depth, no soul

I guess that depends on your opinion. I agree that it's not the most genre-bending series ever, but the campy feel of the series definitely gives it its own "soul" in my eyes. And like I said, it's got a map editor and bots, things most FPS games ignore, but that put it over the top if you ask me.

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VACASCULIADAS
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts
I hope that the wanna be halo flops.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SeanBond

I hope that the wanna be halo flops.VACASCULIADAS

Dear Jesus, why does Halo always pop into every FPS discussion? Do you realize there were FPS games before Halo? Do you realize Timesplitters has almost nothing in common with Halo? Nothing.

Okay, they're both in 1st person, and they're both shooters.

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VACASCULIADAS
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts

[QUOTE="VACASCULIADAS"]I hope that the wanna be halo flops.SeanBond

Dear Jesus, why does Halo always pop into every FPS discussion? Do you realize there were FPS games before Halo? Do you realize Timesplitters has almost nothing in common with Halo? Nothing.

They're making haze, thats what i meant.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SeanBond
[QUOTE="SeanBond"]

[QUOTE="VACASCULIADAS"]I hope that the wanna be halo flops.VACASCULIADAS

They're making haze, thats what i meant.

Oh.

Forget the rant then. ;)

Although I still kind of hope Haze is good, since Free Radical has a lot of talent...

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
I know FR doesnt like the Wii, but they should consider making a version for it purely because of the Wii Remote alone. Apparently there will be no story mode at all, and the game will consist of only multiplayer, and challenges to unlock maps/characters etc. If that is the case, the challenges would be much more fun using the Remote, hell even the regular FPS gameplay would be more fun. We need a good FPS, right now its all trash...
bad82man82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bad82man82
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts

This game is the best FPS ever, I had the greatest funniest moments with my friends and we play it until now occasionally, this game's replay valueis 20/10, I wanna play Monkey chief or monkey snake. :D

Young Crow: ...Grandpa?...
Old Crow: No, fool! It's me!
Young Crow: Grandpa.
Old Crow: No... I'm you!
Young Crow: You're me...?
Old Crow: Yes... from the future.

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts

This game is the best FPS ever, I had the greatest funniest moments with my friends and we play it until now occasionally, this game's replay valueis 20/10, I wanna play Monkey chief or monkey snake. :D

bad82man82

Indeed, its my favourite FPS series of all time. Just hearing the news of TS4 made me go out and buy a second hand copy of TS2 to play on my Wii. Good times..

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
I stopped agreeing after the naked girls part. :p
bad82man82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bad82man82
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts
[QUOTE="bad82man82"]

Taegukki

Indeed, its my favourite FPS series of all time. Just hearing the news of TS4 made me go out and buy a second hand copy of TS2 to play on my Wii. Good times..

Go for it, Im going to play it also , Im going to play the challenges and the arcade again.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I always thought the TimeSplitters games were very mediocre and the "humor" was lacking. Not very excited for this one.
50u1r34v3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 50u1r34v3r
Member since 2006 • 1560 Posts

I guess they're required taste, because I absolutely loved the others and thought they had great humor in them.

The fast passed action, the humor, the map editor, the bots, I loved it all.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the-very-best

I know FR doesnt like the Wii, but they should consider making a version for it purely because of the Wii Remote alone. Apparently there will be no story mode at all, and the game will consist of only multiplayer, and challenges to unlock maps/characters etc. If that is the case, the challenges would be much more fun using the Remote, hell even the regular FPS gameplay would be more fun. We need a good FPS, right now its all trash...Taegukki

Free Radical creative director David Doak says that he would like to see TimeSplitters 4 on Wii. "I think it's a good thing to do," he said, when asked about the idea of doing a Wii FPS, "and I think we want to put [TS4] on the Wii."

"And I'm sure it's possible to do a control scheme that works," he added.

Link.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

I'm sure it'll be a good game but...

Seriously. I'm starting to feel like Free Radical are jealous as hell of Halo and obsessed with it.

From all the smack talk from Haze execs about it and parodying it now it's just like... I dunno. I get the impression that FR are pissed off that everyone hails Bungie as the first people to do awesome FPS on Console when it was infact them.

trizzle_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 trizzle_a
Member since 2007 • 1186 Posts

Yes, yes, **** yes. Now just make a Wii version with proper controls and online. I think I would die from joy.Hoffgod

Do you REALLY want to play this on a Wii?

A Wii?!!?!?.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts
Timesplitters 2 was fun as hell especially the multiplayer and the map creator was cool as well. I played a little bit of future perfect but I didnt like it as much as T2. Hopefully Timesplitters 4 is as good as 2.
Ultra-Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ultra-Fatality
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts

whats with the emphasis on the Monkeys?

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

whats with the emphasis on the Monkeys?

Ultra-Fatality

Because you could choose a monkey as a playablecharacter in Timesplitters 2?