Free DLC's. Get your free DLC's right here.(CDPR)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

CD Projekt RED has revealed its DLC plans for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. According to the company, this new The Witcher game will receive 16 freaking DLCs!!!.

Marcin Iwinski, co-founder and Joint CEO of CD PROJEKT RED, revealed in an open letter to the game’s fanbase:

“With The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them — if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game.”

GS article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-getting-16-free-dlc-packs/1100-6423411/

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

16 horse armour DLC? :).

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Cool. It seems to be fairly simple stuff, but I'll take it.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It's part of a bundle. The second one already included 1 quest. I'm sure all 16 bundles put together will be substancial

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

It's part of a bundle. The second one already included 1 quest. I'm sure all 16 bundles put together will be substancial

Yeah, I know. The whole package will be nice. It just ships in small pieces.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

nice

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

aka.... locked on disc content. To make the user base feel loved.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It seems kind of like a gimmick, but I don't mind it since it's free, especially since other companies are doing the same thing but charging. That's how you do it.

Once upon a time EPIC was like this being generous with DLC (then they went to consoles hard), I hope CD can stay like this as long as possible.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Nobody does DLC like CD Projekt

Well Valve does, but they don't make games anymore

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@SolidTy said:

It seems kind of like a gimmick, but I don't mind it since it's free, especially since other companies are doing the same thing but charging. That's how you do it.

Once upon a time EPIC was like this being generous with DLC (then they went to consoles hard), I hope CD can stay like this as long as possible.

Epics downfall was even worse than that.

They once did the amazing 'make something unreal contest' which led to a lot of great mods/total conversions and even entire new games.

Then they dumped that silly modding stuff and went for the DLC route.

Now they are back to creating a community developed game though :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SolidTy said:

Epics downfall was even worse than that.

They once did the amazing 'make something unreal contest' which led to a lot of great mods/total conversions and even entire new games.

Then they dumped that silly modding stuff and went for the DLC route.

Now they are back to creating a community developed game though :)

My post was short and I certainly didn't have the time to chronicle their downfall above, but it's sad thinking back at what EPIC were.

The parallel to me is CD is slowly moving in the console realm, I just hope they can avoid the temptations.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k

@SolidTy said:

My post was short and I certainly didn't have the time to chronicle their downfall above, but it's sad thinking back at what EPIC were.

The parallel to me is CD is slowly moving in the console realm, I just hope they can avoid the temptations.

Ah yes, the temptations of the 'big money' which is a fable really.

Like how every company needed to have it's 'COD' a few years back. Or how every company needs a flappy bird game or a clash of clans game or a free to play game.

Or like how MS abandoned PC gaming in search of the big money to be made from consoles. Yet their gaming devision hasn't made a profit over the long run ever since...

I don't think CD Projekt will be drawn in that easily. They have a nice thing going with for example GOG and their stance on DRM. But they are charging 59.99 for the new witcher for some reason. Did they get that from console gaming ? Or is it because of the rise in production costs ?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

All hail CDPR, our new overlords! Praise them!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Hope so. Sounds awesome to me and hope more devs follow.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

That's how dlc should be done

Unfortunately millions of people's first experience with dlc was paid (thanks in large part to Sony and ms) so it's come to be largely accepted practice.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Meanwhile , Rock guys are busy exploring DRM options for GTA V PC .

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

also, 6 months afterwards ENHANCED EDITION for TW 3 =P

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#18 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

There's no disc..........................

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#19 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@indzman said:

also, 6 months afterwards ENHANCED EDITION for TW 3 =P

1 Year probably .

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Why not just add it to the game, something tells me this another rushed project and after the blowback from Destiny, not pulling same shit.

I mean there were rumors claiming that only recently dev team actually began to work on the game and it was delayed till 2015 for setbacks.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

sounds worrying actually that there's that much DLC from the start

and they didn't say you get it regardless if you buy new or used

the idea of that much DLC worries me if it's going to take up tons of HDD space, they should just include it in game

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Lol, I bet it's going to be nothing special. Still, it's the thought that counts right?

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Nobody does DLC like CD Projekt

Well Valve does, but they don't make games anymore

they still make hats tho.. and arcana items for dota 2. Just 40$ for one

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

the idea of that much DLC worries me if it's going to take up tons of HDD space, they should just include it in game

Wow, genius. Even if it was on disc, it would still be installed to your HDD.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

@nethernova said:

@lamprey263 said:

Wow, genius. Even if it was on disc, it would still be installed to your HDD.

If your playing on PC and Xbox One, is it assumed the PS4 version is requiring mandatory dull disc install?

Plus there's the issue of even if say on the Xbox One you have to install the game to the HDD, it's less time consuming and tedious to install disc to the HDD than it will be to go on the store and select 16 separate DLC packs (plus whatever else they put out), and sit and wait for them all to download. I think it'll be a disincentive to replaying it once it's shelved and content deleted to free up space on the HDD.

I mean, hopefully it's just on disc DLC that will just require that 100kilobyte download file to free up. If that happened though I'm sure gamers will be scratching there heads as to why. I'm feeling they're making extensive free DLC content as a means to nip game trading in the butt. I'm curious how gamers will react, after all this was supposed to be the company that was hailed as really understanding gamers when they removed restrictive DRM requirements. Now it appears they're resorting to petty anti-used game tactics from the looks of it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@faizanhd said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Um............................................................................................................................................................................. Yes there is. If you so choose, which a lot of us prefer. You can even get a PC physical copy, so I'm not so sure what the hell you are talking about.

Bottom line, since it was too hard to understand, is that the content is ALREADY MADE (even if it isn't locked "on the disc", that was simply a play on words for "already completed"). If they are having 1st day DLC, and plan on more every two weeks. It takes months to get approvals and play testing done on things like that. Meaning? They are just breaking off pieces of the complete games and calling it "free DLC" to keep the game in the spotlight longer and to sell more copies. Am I upset by this? No... of course not. However, if anyone thinks this is them doing a great thing.... I give a chuckle... a holly jolly chuckle.

You can expect more DLC than the "free DLC" you can mark my words on that.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Another smart move from CDPR. This is a good way to encourage actually buying the game as opposed to pirating it.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

@faizanhd said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Um............................................................................................................................................................................. Yes there is. If you so choose, which a lot of us prefer. You can even get a PC physical copy, so I'm not so sure what the hell you are talking about.

Bottom line, since it was too hard to understand, is that the content is ALREADY MADE (even if it isn't locked "on the disc", that was simply a play on words for "already completed"). If they are having 1st day DLC, and plan on more every two weeks. It takes months to get approvals and play testing done on things like that. Meaning? They are just breaking off pieces of the complete games and calling it "free DLC" to keep the game in the spotlight longer and to sell more copies. Am I upset by this? No... of course not. However, if anyone thinks this is them doing a great thing.... I give a chuckle... a holly jolly chuckle.

“The fact that we are announcing the DLC before launch does not mean it is ready at this moment in time,” he told Polygon. “As you probably know, we are currently focused on polishing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This means that most of the teams are involved in finalizing development and optimizing the game. However, some of the teams are free to start working on additional content that can be released after we launch the game. This is the case here. DLC will not be present on disc.”

So you're just being an idiot complaining about FREE STUFF.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

At this point i feel like its CDPR marketing strategy. They keep on spamming the "free dlc omfg" and "no drm omfg" since TW2. Free dlc is good but free dlc that includes 15 minutes of gameplay isn't much of a dlc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@silversix_: The optional quest from TW2 was nice though.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@faizanhd said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@faizanhd said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

“The fact that we are announcing the DLC before launch does not mean it is ready at this moment in time,” he told Polygon. “As you probably know, we are currently focused on polishing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This means that most of the teams are involved in finalizing development and optimizing the game. However, some of the teams are free to start working on additional content that can be released after we launch the game. This is the case here. DLC will not be present on disc.”

So you're just being an idiot complaining about FREE STUFF.

Look... I'm not going to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. If you believe everything you read, I have a bridge to sell you. Not only that, but you believe that day one DLC and DLC released in two week increments thereafter will not be finished upon release of the game? He never denies or confirms if it has been completed (for the record). Not to mention that you seem to think they are willing to pay a team to work on further content without additional funding. It must be nice looking at the world through rose tinted glasses, but at some point you need to realize that video game PR is about as trustworthy as a compulsive liar. The way they twisted it though, technically they are not lying... it is very possible that this extra content could have been material they could charge people for. However, the The majority of DLC is paid and done for on their end (concerning all announced DLC)... not necessarily all of it though... so that's a loophole. They will not be giving away content that was outside the budget of their original scope. Companies are in the business to make money and by releasing content that was never approved as part of the funding makes absolutely no sense. So if this "extra content" was intended from start and included in the original design then it isn't "extra content" at all ;)

Show me where I complained about "free DLC" and I will show you a gullible person with poor reading comprehension... albeit optimistic none the less.

On that note, this game looks pretty good and I am probably going to pick it up. I wasn't a big fan of Witcher 1 or 2, but this is an entirely different type of game... I can't believe there isn't an outcry from the original fans... or if there is, I haven't seen it yet. Oh well, all the better for me.