Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I figured a catch all for this game since it is coming out in a little while

Here is some freshly released game play (Released Sept 11, 2023)

Forza is set to release October 10, 2023

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

This will be the MS game to deliver.

9 on lock.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Probably 9.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts

Looking great. Feels like it’s been forever since Forza Motorsport 7. Am very much looking forward to playing this, can’t wait. Only a month away now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

I haven't heard a single person on SW, or elsewhere being excited for this. But Turd10 knows their stuff, so its pretty much a guaranteed 9/10. Still, tho, its a racing game, and there's only one Aussie on this forum that cares about this genre.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts

Oh yeah, I’ll say that it’ll probably get:

GS - 9/10

MC - 89

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6960 Posts

I will go with 8.

But I despise racing games.

Yes, the hate is real. Probably latent childhood trauma.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8905 Posts

@regnaston: Whatever Gran Turismo scored, plus 1 more point... LOL

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

Immediate observation from that video: Looks great.

But...how many generations are we away from 60fps reflections? Seeing those 30fps trees on the roof in the 3rd person view really takes away from the otherwise exceptional appearance. I'm sorry.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10647 Posts

@dabear said:

@regnaston: Whatever Gran Turismo scored, plus 1 more point... LOL

What does GT have to do with this thread?

Is GT that much on your mind?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

Sweeeeet, can't wait.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sweeeeet, can't wait.

Are you seriously pretending to be into racing games now? Let me tell you something, you aren't fooling anyone.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts

Not a huge fan of racing games, but will check it out. For Xbox fans, starfield is what defined 2023, and the game is just epic. Motorsport is like a slice of nice desert after you stuffed your face full of that juicy turkey/steak dinner.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Looks good for a racing game but I already got a GT setup in VR. Not sure I can go back to flat screen driving. 9/10 here, 91 meta.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20185 Posts

Going with an 8 here. Low 80's on meta.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zero_epyon
Loading Video...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zero_epyon

Apparently, it's going to be doing three modes:

• 4K/30 with raytracing

• Dynamic 1080p/60 with raytracing

• 4K/60 without raytracing

I remember Phil saying this would be native 4K at 60 with Raytracing...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#18  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17897 Posts

It looks good, but I am worried about the PC version having issues. FM6:Apex and FM7 both had stuttering issues on PC that were never fully resolved. They were both developed by Turn 10 as is the new game. However, the PC versions of the Horizon games developed by Playground run amazing on PC. So, hopefully they got the Playground team to help out on the technical side this time around.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1384 Posts

knowing GS they'll have a reviewer that has never played a Racing Game,so 7 here 90 metacritic

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

I'm predicting Forza Motorsport will get an 8/10.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

It looks good, but I am worried about the PC version having issues. FM6:Apex and FM7 both had stuttering issues on PC that were never fully resolved. They were both developed by Turn 10 as is the new game. However, the PC versions of the Horizon games developed by Playground run amazing on PC. So, hopefully they got the Playground team to help out on the technical side this time around.

Nobody takes the pc version seriously, so it better have all the stutters imaginable. Honestly.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46598 Posts

I'm hyped. I'm playing two racing games rn (Forza Horizon 5 and Grid Autosport) but those will both get uninstalled once I get my hands on this new game

My no. 1 hyped feature is how they can improve on the AI as I feel drivatars are getting a bit long in the tooth.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3488 Posts

8/10 - Too much asphalt and not enough emotional storytelling.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13087 Posts

Finally confirmed raytracing on Series X IN GAME.

John Linneman@dark1xI've also been playing Forza and have a special video in the works. It's shaping up to be excellent thus far and, yes, I can confirm that there is ray tracing used in-game on Xbox Series X! This is a capture from a race.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@kvallyx said:

John Linneman@dark1xI've also been playing Forza and have a special video in the works. It's shaping up to be excellent thus far and, yes, I can confirm that there is ray tracing used in-game on Xbox Series X! This is a capture from a race.

Not the native 4k/60 RT we were promised but it's finally happening for MS first party.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@davillain said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it got similar scores to horizon 5. They made a lot of changes in Motorsport compared to past titles and the realistic sim racer genre is not that competitive this year.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

Not the native 4k/60 RT we were promised but it's finally happening for MS first party.

According to the Chris last year:

Esaki continued: “We’re not trying to mislead you here. When you’re racing and when you are playing the game, ray tracing is on. We want to be really clear about that," he explained. “When you’re playing it, it’s a level of immersion there that can be subtle at times but it’s a thing that really just pulls you into the visuals and experience unlike we’ve had before. When we talk about ray tracing, yeah, it looks amazing: it looks photo-real, it looks immersive, and you get that in gameplay – I want to be really clear about that.”

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-41968-forza-motorsport-to-feature-4k-resolution-at-60fps-and-real-time-ray-tracing-on-xbox-series-x.html

Where did Chris say it would be running at a locked and native 4K 60fps with RT on and in game on track on the Xbox Series X?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zero_epyon

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

Esaki continued: “We’re not trying to mislead you here. When you’re racing and when you are playing the game, ray tracing is on. We want to be really clear about that," he explained. “When you’re playing it, it’s a level of immersion there that can be subtle at times but it’s a thing that really just pulls you into the visuals and experience unlike we’ve had before. When we talk about ray tracing, yeah, it looks amazing: it looks photo-real, it looks immersive, and you get that in gameplay – I want to be really clear about that.”

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-41968-forza-motorsport-to-feature-4k-resolution-at-60fps-and-real-time-ray-tracing-on-xbox-series-x.html

Where did Chris say it would be running at a locked and native 4K 60fps with RT on and in game on track on the Xbox Series X?

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/73989/next-gen-forza-hits-native-4k-60fps-with-ray-tracing-on-xbox-series/index.html

"One studio that has always pushed the limits of our hardware is Turn10. They're early in development on the next Forza Motorsport, and Xbox Series X is bringing them closer to their dream of unprecedented realism with raytracing and native 4K resolution all at 60 frames per second," Xbox boss Phil Spencer said during the big new Xbox games reveal stream.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/73989/next-gen-forza-hits-native-4k-60fps-with-ray-tracing-on-xbox-series/index.html

Then we got this:

Loading Video...

No clarification that 4K meant reconstructed or upscaled in any way.

It is what it is but I was hoping to see how they would have pulled off native 4K with raytracing at 60. Maybe next gen.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Sonyspot will give it 8/10, too much gameplay, not enough movie.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Wow a month out and already a hype thread? Lems must be really desperate to move away from the flop of a score that their Messiah ( loadingfield ) recently received

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6643 Posts

@daredevils2k: You come across as a jilted ex lover hating that your ex (Xbox) has moved on with their life and is happy, even though you have a new GF (PS5) you just can't let your ex (Xbox) go.

It's creepy.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Last_Lap

I will most likely skip on this game until next year at this point. First time ever I will be doing so for a Forza game.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon

@last_lap said:

I will most likely skip on this game until next year at this point. First time ever I will be doing so for a Forza game.

I hear ya. This might be one of those "it's way better a year later" kind of games.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/73989/next-gen-forza-hits-native-4k-60fps-with-ray-tracing-on-xbox-series/index.html

"One studio that has always pushed the limits of our hardware is Turn10. They're early in development on the next Forza Motorsport, and Xbox Series X is bringing them closer to their dream of unprecedented realism with raytracing and native 4K resolution all at 60 frames per second," Xbox boss Phil Spencer said during the big new Xbox games reveal stream.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/73989/next-gen-forza-hits-native-4k-60fps-with-ray-tracing-on-xbox-series/index.html

Then we got this:

Loading Video...

No clarification that 4K meant reconstructed or upscaled in any way.

It is what it is but I was hoping to see how they would have pulled off native 4K with raytracing at 60. Maybe next gen.

That’s promised? Or closer to their dream of locked 4k 60fps and RT?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Last_Lap

@Zero_epyon: My reasoning is different to yours. I know yours is based around content (more specifically a track) mine is not based on that at all.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70256 Posts

It is funny seeing our resident fakeboy being ignored. 😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

@super600 said:
@davillain said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it got similar scores to horizon 5. They made a lot of changes in Motorsport compared to past titles and the realistic sim racer genre is not that competitive this year.

Forza Horizon is more arcadey fun, Forza Motorsports is grounded racing sim. I'm not expecting this to be the best thing since Starfield like, I'll play it on Game Pass/PC and call it a day.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zero_epyon

@last_lap said:

@Zero_epyon: My reasoning is different to yours. I know yours is based around content (more specifically a track) mine is not based on that at all.

What's it based on?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zero_epyon

@kvallyx: If that's how you interpret it. I see it as setting expectations.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zero_epyon
@davillain said:
@super600 said:
@davillain said:

Forza Horizon is more arcadey fun, Forza Motorsports is grounded racing sim. I'm not expecting this to be the best thing since Starfield like, I'll play it on Game Pass/PC and call it a day.

IMO Forza always felt like it leaned on the arcade side with some sim behavior. Hopefully, this time around it's better.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts

@Zero_epyon: he said bringing them closer to their dream, uncle Phil never said it would happen, just get closer. We're very close by the way, 4k 30fps is amazing.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zero_epyon

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@Zero_epyon: he said bringing them closer to their dream, uncle Phil never said it would happen, just get closer. We're very close by the way, 4k 30fps is amazing.

4K/30 in a racing sim is not amazing. Idc if it's raytraced, it's not worth the halving of the framerate. If I had a Series X, it'd be 4K/60 all day.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@davillain said:
@super600 said:
@davillain said:

IMO Forza always felt like it leaned on the arcade side with some sim behavior. Hopefully, this time around it's better.

Yeah. Forza and Gran Turismo were not nearly as sim as games like RaceRoom, Race Pro, iRacing, Assetto, etc. But they gave you more of a sim feel than say games like Forza Horizon

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Last_Lap

@Zero_epyon: The price. The STANDARD digital version is $129 here, and the cheapest physical copy I can find is $109 and that's at a cheap store.

Now i'm not strapped for cash, that's not the issue here, it's the greed I have an issue with.

I shat on Sony when they raised theirs and I shat on MS when they followed suit, non shall get a free pass on this obvious greed. All these gaming companies have been raking in billions every quarter, there was no need to jack prices up.

So at those prices MS can talk a long walk off of a short pier.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zero_epyon

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@davillain said:
@super600 said:
@davillain said:

Yeah. Forza and Gran Turismo were not nearly as sim as games like RaceRoom, Race Pro, iRacing, Assetto, etc. But they gave you more of a sim feel than say games like Forza Horizon

Agreed. I prefer ACC over GT when it comes to driving physics. Their VR implementation is pretty good as well.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zero_epyon
@last_lap said:

@Zero_epyon: The price. The STANDARD digital version is $129 here, and the cheapest physical copy I can find is $109 and that's at a cheap store.

Now i'm not strapped for cash, that's not the issue here, it's the greed I have an issue with.

I shat on Sony when they raised theirs and I shat on MS when they followed suit, non shall get a free pass on this obvious greed. All these gaming companies have been raking in billions every quarter, there was no need to jack prices up.

So at those prices MS can talk a long walk off of a short pier.

Fair. I'm on gamepass for a few months so I might as well give it a spin.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Last_Lap

@Zero_epyon: Yeah I'm not a renter of video games. I like to purchase games and play them at my leisure.

Speaking of GP, MS should be raising the prices of that (higher than a dollar) if it wants to price gouge people. Not punish those who fully supports its developers by purchasing the game, MS has it arse backwards.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zero_epyon

@last_lap said:

@Zero_epyon: Yeah I'm not a renter of video games. I like to purchase games and play them at my leisure.

Speaking of GP, MS should be raising the prices of that (higher than a dollar) if it wants to price gouge people. Not punish those who fully supports its developers by purchasing the game, MS has it arse backwards.

They've been doing this early access thing now where you would need Gamepass and an extra few bucks to play a game early.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44658 Posts

Overall I think it'll do well. Here on GameSpot, who knows. But at least for all 12 Forza games, GameSpot has never given Forza less than an 8/10. Since GameSpot changed to whole number review scores, the series has scored four 9/10s and three 8/10s.

I think all the signs point to 8/10 just solely from GameSpot's previous reviews. The Forza Motorsport games don't seem as popular with them as the Forza Horizon games, the last Forza Motorsport game to get a 9/10 was Forza Motorsport 5 while 6 and 7 got 8/10s.