Forza 5: 'We're using 100% of this console' - Monsieur Greenawalt on Xbox One.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
Guess they'll be saying this with each Forza installment. So in many ways, were testing their OS, were testing their architecture every day, so its an incredible partnership. Its funny, because I hear it a lot: are you using the hardware? The truth is, you always use 100% of the hardware. You just do, but its a question of whether or not youre using it efficiently, and so thats what happens over a course of years. Well, it makes sense. Linky I know you crazies will go batshit insane over this. Have at it!
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Picking this up at launch #whoop
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Next year they'll say "we're using 110%" and so on. Pointless PR ramble we've heard so many times.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

With time they will optimise it out, to get far better results with that same 100%. It's not really news or topic worthy really, it goes without saying.

LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts

Next year they'll say "we're using 110%" and so on. Pointless PR ramble we've heard so many times.

edidili
It's not PR ramble, read the actual quote.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
lol so many devs says silly things like this. Its sort of true because they don't really know how to get the most out of the hardware yet but its really a fluff sort of statement.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

man did anyone read the quote? it's saying something completely different from what the thread title implied

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

So this is the best it gets witth Xflop? Pre-baked lightning and reduced shadows. Cerny said it will take a few years to get the most out of PS4. Who is lying...

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

So this is the best it gets witth Xflop? Pre-baked lightning and reduced shadows. Cerny said it will take a few years to get the most out of PS4. Who is lying...

StrongBlackVine
Reading tends to help.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Just give me the Nurburgring and a 1970's F1 car and I'm good.

wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

StrongBlackVine

advanced render techique change over  the the  years  and it would be the best with algorithm with whatever techique that they use. Both are  correct, you  don't  know  shit about  programming graphics that's  it.You shouldn't be  talking about stuff  that you don't know.

CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

only 5% i bet the xbone is so powerful...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
How would one go about using LESS than 100% of the power? Unless you force some weird artificial limits on yourself...
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

How would one go about using LESS than 100% of the power? Unless you force some weird artificial limits on yourself...locopatho
I'd say if the hardware was terribly designed with bottlenecks or awkward architecture you may technically end up with "power" you can't use or initially don't understand how to utilize. hmm certainly reminds me of something...

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Every console game uses 100% of the systems power, more or less. Graphical improvements over a gen don't come by increasing the percentage of the consoles power utilized, but by optimizing and doing more with that 100%. People understand percentages though, so from a marketing standpoint it works.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

wiiutroll

advanced render techique change over  the the  years  and it would be the best with algorithm with whatever techique that they use. Both are  correct, you  don't  know  shit about  programming graphics that's  it.You shouldn't be  talking about stuff  that you don't know.

I sure don't, but I do know now to upset dorks like you.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

And?

Why would they sit and let hardware go unused? It may not be used efficently but it would be a waste to keep it idle.

You want to get as close to 100% CPU and GPU useage at all times. If you're not using it, it's being wasted.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
lol so many devs says silly things like this. Its sort of true because they don't really know how to get the most out of the hardware yet but its really a fluff sort of statement.blue_hazy_basic
Yup, nothing but PR bullshit.
wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

[QUOTE="wiiutroll"]

StrongBlackVine

wow so butthurt, i am simply correcting your dumb statement.  It's simple as  not posting , if don't know you about the subject.  I don't get upset easily  on subject like this because i expect a stupid response from you or  some one else along lines"that's  all power derp" from posting habits  around here.I  was  laughing reading your post , so yeah.

Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

Turn 10 said this about Forza 2, this is just marketing nothing else to see here.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="wiiutroll"]advanced render techique change over  the the  years  and it would be the best with algorithm with whatever techique that they use. Both are  correct, you  don't  know  shit about  programming graphics that's  it.You shouldn't be  talking about stuff  that you don't know.

wiiutroll

wow so butthurt, i am simply correcting your dumb statement.  It's simple as  not posting , if don't know you about the subject.  I don't get upset easily  on subject like this because i expect a stupid response from you or  some one else along lines"that's  all power derp" from posting habits  around here.I  was  laughing reading your post , so yeah.

Butthurt? I was simply joking about how weak Xflop is and you brought your dorky analysis into it. I don't care to learn how programing games work. My field of expertise pays a Hell of a lot better btw.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="wiiutroll"]

StrongBlackVine

Butthurt? I was simply joking about how weak Xflop is and you brought your dorky analysis into it. I don't care to learn how programing games work. My field of expertise pays a Hell of a lot better btw.

Having knowledge != being a dork. You whining at the Xbox all day = being a dork :D