TcNemesiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TcNemesiz
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

And that's the reason for no cross play.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/fortnite-playstation-sony-cross-platform-xbox-switch-cross-platform-play-a8516081.html?amp

Good reason!?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

.... How can people defend Sony when they say this drivel?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Just to be clear, here's the quote itself:

"On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that's our belief."

"But actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC and some others, so we decide based on what is the best user experience. That is our way of thinking for cross-platform."

-Kenichiro Yoshida, Sony President & CEO

You heard that right, you Xbox One and Nintendo Switch playing peasants, the reason King Sony IV and the PlayStation Aristocracy has no cross-play is because they don't want to mix with you lowly rabble.

Ah. Oddly refreshing. I haven't seen such arrogance from Sony since the early 2000s. Wonder what else we can bring back from that glorious decade?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

"On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that's our belief."

"But actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC and some others, so we decide based on what is the best user experience. That is our way of thinking for cross-platform."

You heard that right, you Xbox One and Nintendo Switch playing peasants, the reason King Sony IV and the PlayStation Aristocracy has no cross-play is because they don't want to mix with you lowly rabble.

Ah. Oddly refreshing. I haven't seen such arrogance from Sony since the early 2000s. Wonder what else we can bring back from that glorious decade?

Hilarious isn't it.

The game is very easy to run, there would be literally no difference between an Xbox/PS version, Even the switch version is playable enough.

And to say that, and still include cross play with PC ... the platform that ironically IS the best place to play Fortnite.... and actually has tangible advantages against PS4 players.

One of the dumbest PR statements out of any manufacturer for along while, Cows will it eat up though

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61539 Posts

He can say what he wants. It doesn't make him right. That's just a ridiculous statement.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Agreed

Thank you, Sony

Keep the Flopbox and its dirty peasants well away from the glorious Playstation nation.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70527 Posts

This is so silly. Crossplay should be a standard feature for multiplatform games. But we are stuck with archaic practices in gaming and fanboys fuel it with their stupidity. Until of the three breaks the stupidity cycle we gaming would continue to be hijacked by backward thinking mofos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Cow's favourite YouTuber has spoken:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

Joke thread?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44619 Posts

Keep on trying to delay the inevitable Sony. ?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Fortnite, like PUBG, is best on PC.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

I don't care at this point. I already have all consoles.

All I can say is that they better keep their community closed off indefinitely. If a situation in the future arises where MS and Nintendo are on equal footing or better Sony better keep their stance and block cross play. MS had reasons other than money and sales to deny cross play last gen. Sony doesn't.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

All games are superior on PS4. Biggest online communities. PSN has been more stable than XBL this gen. Superior UI and controller. And free to play games don't require PS Plus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Nice joke Sony...lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@babyjoker1221: Wtf?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

This thread in a nutshell.....

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4736 Posts

Sometimes people will say anything to defend a position.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

@babyjoker1221: Wtf?

I understand the shock value that my statement holds. I merely put it out there as a reply to his comment. It's impossible to have any kind of discussion when some people post anything they want as fact.

I could've said something to the effect of "Every title on Xbox runs at native 4k and 120fps.", or "PSN is free, and gives you a free McLaren if you're member."

Seeing as either of those statements wouldn't be far from the type of things said here already, I went a step further.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

I don't care at this point. I already have all consoles.

All I can say is that they better keep their community closed off indefinitely. If a situation in the future arises where MS and Nintendo are on equal footing or better Sony better keep their stance and block cross play. MS had reasons other than money and sales to deny cross play last gen. Sony doesn't.

What were the reasons?

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: "PSN has been more stable than XBL this gen."

Don't own an xbox so I can't speak to the stability of XBL, but if that statement holds true it is a sad state of affairs for MS considering how often PSN goes down.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@madrocketeer said:

Hilarious isn't it.

The game is very easy to run, there would be literally no difference between an Xbox/PS version, Even the switch version is playable enough.

And to say that, and still include cross play with PC ... the platform that ironically IS the best place to play Fortnite.... and actually has tangible advantages against PS4 players.

One of the dumbest PR statements out of any manufacturer for along while, Cows will it eat up though

A person has a Sony executives C*ck down their throat to defend this. Less options and freedom isn't positive in anyway shape or form. MSFT were wrong for it last gen as well. I bet they never repeat that bitch assness. JAPANIMEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@byof_america: @NathanDrakeSwag: "PSN has been more stable than XBL this gen."

Don't own an xbox so I can't speak to the stability of XBL, but if that statement holds true it is a sad state of affairs for MS considering how often PSN goes down."

It's far from true. PSN has got a lot better this gen, but that's not saying much....it was down 3 times this month. All serious studies show xbl is faster and more stable.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ahmedkhan1994

@Ant_17: during the ps3/Xbox 360 era it was a well known fact that Xbox live required a subscription but people put up with it because of the better servers and security. PSN, for being free had okay servers, but it had MANY security breaches during that time (they have vastly improved since starting PS+). At the time it would have been a disservice to Xbox live subscribers to open up their network to another one where the multiplayer was free as well as opening Xbox live to the possible security breaches that came with PSN.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ant_17

@ahmedkhan1994: Riight, so MS saying it was for protection is fine, but when Sony says it, it's not.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@zaryia: and you don't play either of them, because you don't have a PC, GODSS alt

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

@Ant_17: during the ps3/Xbox 360 era it was a well known fact that Xbox live required a subscription but people put up with it because of the better servers and security. PSN, for being free had okay servers, but it had MANY security breaches during that time (they have vastly improved since starting PS+). At the time it would have been a disservice to Xbox live subscribers to open up their network to another one where the multiplayer was free as well as opening Xbox live to the possible security breaches that came with PSN.

right so...Xbox fans also put up with paying $50 on the ORIGINAL xbox when MS was the only one promoting online because it's servers and security was better than whos?

Might as well move that goal post since that idiotic argument doesn't make sense since MS was charging for online before Sony was even trying to promote it as a thing.

There is no defenseable REASON why people paid for XBL during 360 noob...they've been paying since OG xbox! MS just demanded because they peg all gamers as idiots and offered NOTHING of value other than the ability to unlock MP until Sony joined adding value for the service making MS's network look like anti-consumer shit and forced them to change.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ahmedkhan1994

@tgob89: so when sony introduces a charge it's adding value? The double standard.. Do you remember the many times PSN went down during the PS3 era? sometimes more than a month! If they kept PSN without a charge while bringing it to the level its at now I'd give em credit. Heck I give them credit for forcing MS to remove media apps from the paywall, hopefully they do the same with free 2 play games, not that it would affect me since I have live and ps+.

As far as OG Xbox I never had it. I had a PS2 for which online was basically nonexistent, it was the reason I decided get a 360 before a PS3.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@recloud said:

@zaryia: and you don't play either of them, because you don't have a PC, GODSS alt

You really have a spike up your arse over Zaryia's PC don't you? You do know that he'll never post any PC spec's or pic's for the simple reason that it gets you so wound up.

A good troll can troll without saying a word.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ahmedkhan1994
@Ant_17 said:

@ahmedkhan1994: Riight, so MS saying it was for protection is fine, but when Sony says it, it's not.

@Ant_17: Sony claimed that it wanted to "protect the kids". It's different from security breaches that make the network go down multiple times with one lasting 23 days, and resulting in the exposure of personal information.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage

"The 2011 PlayStation Network outage was the result of an "external intrusion" on Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity services, in which personal details from approximately 77 million accounts were compromised and prevented users of PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable consoles from accessing the service. The attack occurred between April 17 and April 19, 2011, forcing Sony to turn off the PlayStation Network on April 20.

On May 4 Sony confirmed that personally identifiable information from each of the 77 million accounts had been exposed. The outage lasted 23 days At the time of the outage, with a count of 77 million registered PlayStation Network accounts, it was one of the largest data security breaches in history. It surpassed the 2007 TJX hack which affected 45 million customers. Government officials in various countries voiced concern over the theft and Sony's one-week delay before warning its users."

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

Lmao... wow. Keep the arrogance coming Sony. It isn't going to end well for you.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ReCloud

@hrt_rulz01: sure, 85 million PS4 sold, gow being a massive seller, not going to end well at all LMAO

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ant_17

@ahmedkhan1994: Not sure what that has to do with the excuses.

MS excuse - protect users from breach

Sony excuse - protect kids. Period.

Both lame yet Sony gets sh*t for it.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ahmedkhan1994

@Ant_17: the difference being xbox live users were paying for the premium service and security at the time. Sony just started charging this gen. and was finally able to get PSN to an equal footing, imo.

Like i said, it doesn't matter to me. All I want is that if MS & Nintendo somehow get to equal footing in the market in the future, Sony better not propose crossplay. It should only happen if they are approached otherwise i will spam system wars talking about how hypocritical Sony is.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ant_17

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

@Ant_17: the difference being xbox live users were paying for the premium service and security at the time. Sony just started charging this gen. and was finally able to get PSN to an equal footing, imo.

Like i said, it doesn't matter to me. All I want is that if MS & Nintendo somehow get to equal footing in the market in the future, Sony better not propose crossplay. It should only happen if they are approached otherwise i will spam system wars talking about how hypocritical Sony is.

Yeah, MS and Nintendo, the saints of gaming.

And ironic talking about hipocrisy, that you will spam the boards over something you don't care about.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
@GarGx1 said:
@recloud said:

You really have a spike up your arse over Zaryia's PC don't you? You do know that he'll never post any PC spec's or pic's for the simple reason that it gets you so wound up.

A good troll can troll without saying a word.

I was going to make the exact same comment. He sure has a hard on for zaryia's PC. Lol

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ReCloud

@DragonfireXZ95: he won't post because he doesn't have one. He is a scam.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tgob89

@recloud said:

The idiot @DragonfireXZ95 accused me of not having a PS4 or anything else out of the blue because he was loosing an argument about PC vs PS4.

Dont try to reason with that clown he's a hypocrite for even speaking to you on the subject when he's done the same with even less validation than you.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ahmedkhan1994
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

And ironic talking about hipocrisy, that you will spam the boards over something you don't care about.

Correction then, it doesn't effect me anymore because I made a new Fortnite account when I couldn't use my existing account on my switch since i linked it to PS4 and effectively stopped playing on there. It does, however, matter to me because i feel as if Sony is holding my account and content hostage. I understand keeping my account from being used on Xbox but the Switch as well, really? Why can't i simply unlink PSN and then link Xbox or switch? no, because Sony wants that fortnite microtransaction money.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ant_17

@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Correction then, it doesn't effect me anymore because I made a new Fortnite account when I couldn't use my existing account on my switch since i linked it to PS4 and effectively stopped playing on there. It does, however, matter to me because i feel as if Sony is holding my account and content hostage. I understand keeping my account from being used on Xbox but the Switch as well, really? Why can't i simply unlink PSN and then link Xbox or switch? no, because Sony wants that fortnite microtransaction money.

Didn't you just tell me you have a Bone?

So let me ask you this. Can you use your skins you got on the Switch on your Bone?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tgob89

@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

So let me ask you this. Can you use your skins you got on the Switch on your Bone?

He has cool stories bro!

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ahmedkhan1994
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Yes, I made a new Epic Account when Fortnite came out on Switch and all the content is shared now between everything except PS4 because i will never link it.. I was aware i couldn't play with the account that was linked to PS4 on Xbox, i was content with having my account between PS4 and PC before it was announced for Switch, i got mad when i was locked out of switch because i really wanted to take that account and content on the go. Now i play it (and get the battle pass) on my new account which i have only linked to PC, switch, and now Xbox since i have the option. I don't get the battle pass on my PS4 epic account anymore and i barely play it on PS4 now because of it, occasionally i'll play on PS4 with some of my buddies but other then that i'd rather progress my other account that i can take on the go on my switch.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ant_17

@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Yes, I made a new Epic Account when Fortnite came out on Switch and all the content is shared now between everything except PS4 because i will never link it.. I was aware i couldn't play with the account that was linked to PS4 on Xbox, i was content with having my account between PS4 and PC before it was announced for Switch, i got mad when i was locked out of switch because i really wanted to take that account and content on the go. Now i play it (and get the battle pass) on my new account which i have only linked to PC, switch, and now Xbox since i have the option. I don't get the battle pass on my PS4 epic account anymore and i barely play it on PS4 now because of it, occasionally i'll play on PS4 with some of my buddies but other then that i'd rather progress my other account that i can take on the go on my switch.

Then what's your gripe?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

@GarGx1: lol I think he loses sleep at night over the fact that Z doesnt post his PC specs.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ahmedkhan1994
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Then what's your gripe?

Nothing atm honestly, personal grudge really. I'm just trying to point out that MS is a hypocrite for denying crossplay/progression last gen and now asking for it, it didn't effect me back then because i never even imagined cross progression would be a thing so I didn't care for it. Now sony is gonna block cross progression, something that we should all want, i don't even care about cross play. i want them to stick to it if somehow they end up on the opposite end in the future like MS is now. I don't want Sony to propose it when they are being so public about not wanting it right now. I guess the difference is that there is more media coverage about this now then there was back then.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ant_17
@ahmedkhan1994 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Then what's your gripe?

Nothing atm honestly, personal grudge really. I'm just trying to point out that MS is a hypocrite for denying crossplay/progression last gen and now asking for it, it didn't effect me back then because i never even imagined cross progression would be a thing so I didn't care for it. Now sony is gonna block cross progression, something that we should all want, i don't even care about cross play. i want them to stick to it if somehow they end up on the opposite end in the future like MS is now. I don't want Sony to propose it when they are being so public about not wanting it right now. I guess the difference is that there is more media coverage about this now then there was back then.

And that is the point i don't care what else you say.

Just tells me you would hold a grudge while asking someone else to not hold a grudge, since Sony doesn't want to do crossplay with the Bone.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ReCloud

@tgob89: anyone who takes Zaryia's/GODSS' side is a clown. This user is widely know for not having a PC and social skills.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

@recloud: Hell yeah.

Thank god SW has paragons of social grace like yourself to set an example.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
@tgob89 said:
@recloud said:

The idiot @DragonfireXZ95 accused me of not having a PS4 or anything else out of the blue because he was loosing an argument about PC vs PS4.

Dont try to reason with that clown he's a hypocrite for even speaking to you on the subject when he's done the same with even less validation than you.

I only claimed you didn't have one because you have literally never posted your own screenshots and only grabbed them from the internet. zayria has never done that from what I can recall, but please, throw names in my direction when the case is clearly not the same.

Also, I never said zayria had one, nor do I care all that much. He only ever talks about how multiplats are best played on PC, and AA games; and he's not wrong about those statements. Whereas you claimed that a PS4 game had better technical graphics than every single game on PC, yet wouldn't back any of your arguments up with your own evidence.