For the sake of Capcom and Konami, DMC and MGS4 need to go MULTIPLAT

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dustin-diamond
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

These are bigtime exclusive games and they are going to be housed on the worst selling console... heck the PS3 cant even outsell the GBA.

I feel bad for Capcom and Konami as these great titles dont have much potential for blockbuster sales on a console with such a limited user-base.... I suppose they had no idea how poor PS3 sales would be when these titles were announced and they simply backed the wrong horse.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

It depends how deep Sony's pockets are as to whether they can keep them exclusive.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

These are bigtime exclusive games and they are going to be housed on the worst selling console... heck the PS3 cant even outsell the GBA.

I feel bad for Capcom and Konami as these great titles dont have much potential for blockbuster sales on a console with such a limited user-base.... I suppose they had no idea how poor PS3 sales would be when these titles were announced and they simply backed the wrong horse.

dustin-diamond
1.) The GBA is about 700% cheaper 2.) The PS3 has not launched in Europe yet. That said, it's sales aren't bad at all.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
You made your choice when you decided to support xbox360, if you want those games you can either get a PS3 or get a life.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
If only you people wanted DMC to actually be excited about playing it....... instead its all for the ownage.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
plus ps3 has only been out 4 months 
blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blurb1324
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]your threads make me want to shove you into a locker screech style. The ps2 outsold the xbox 360 this month, the ps brand has some serious pull, it would be ignorant to rule them out this early.

I entirely agree that it's WAY too early to count out the PS3, but I'd have to disagree that the PS brand has lots of pull. If it had that big of an influence, there'd be a lot more PSPs sold.
Magical_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Magical_Guy
Member since 2003 • 1673 Posts

dustin-diamond

sorry but DMC and MGS4 are too powerful for the Wii.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Agree. If the PS3 fails to pick up sales and does not generate the adoption rate needed to make these exclusives sure-fire chart toppers, then both developers will lose a lot of money. Money they could be earning through multiplatform. 
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dustin-diamond
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

Magical_Guy

I thought consoles were powerful not games?
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice Capcom and Konami to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

Magical_Guy

I think he's talking about the 360. :| And nobody should be reading the ps3's eulogy yet, it's not even available worldwide.
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dustin-diamond
Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. espoac
lmao
DarthLukeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 DarthLukeboy
Member since 2005 • 1922 Posts
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

Magical_Guy

You DO know he's talking about the 360? K, good. But yeah, I'm an ex-cow and I want those games on the 360!
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
[QUOTE="blurb1324"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]your threads make me want to shove you into a locker screech style. The ps2 outsold the xbox 360 this month, the ps brand has some serious pull, it would be ignorant to rule them out this early.

I entirely agree that it's WAY too early to count out the PS3, but I'd have to disagree that the PS brand has lots of pull. If it had that big of an influence, there'd be a lot more PSPs sold.

God of war, metal gear solid, devil may cry, final fantasy, jak and daxter, ratchet and clank last time i checked these were all ps exclusives with massive fanbases The psp didnt sell because the games were bad. the above mentioned games are great, and people will pay to play them.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Not really , there will be plenty of high selling ps3 games this year to look to . If they want to get greedy then that is up to them but those will do fine. Look at Dead Rising and Lost Planet , Capcom seems fine with the results of those games (or do they ?)

Believe me , if the ps3 sales really lag behind what is expected all year , it will absolutely explode at the holidays even at the high price. Sony had better have at least 3 million ready for Nov/Dec.

DilutedDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 DilutedDante
Member since 2004 • 1633 Posts
[QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. dustin-diamond
lmao

Sony makes money through games. Microsoft loses it. I'm pretty sure thats where he's coming from.
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]your threads make me want to shove you into a locker screech style. The ps2 outsold the xbox 360 this month, the ps brand has some serious pull, it would be ignorant to rule them out this early.

Casual gamers are loyal to one thing, money. Whichever is cheapest will sell the most. Its not exclusives, because every system has something for everyone, its all in the price. People are not willing to pay $600 for the ps3, they might want it, but most average homes don't want to spend that much money on a game console. I don't know how many more were sold, but I have to imagine alot, when the ps2 had a price cut, i would have to imagine that sales probably came close to doubling. Is that because it had better graphics? No. While it did have alot of games, it was cheap, cheaper than the competition.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 espoac
[QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. dustin-diamond
lmao

what's funny? Sony pulls in around $60,000,000,000.00 per year, Microsofts been at $40,000,000,000.00 per year for a while. What, did you forget that Sony makes music, movies and electronics too? 20 billion dollars...
DilutedDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DilutedDante
The psp didnt sell because the games were bad.El_Fanboy

I beg to differ.
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dustin-diamond

[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. espoac
lmao

what's funny? Sony pulls in around $60,000,000,000.00 per year, Microsofts been at $40,000,000,000.00 per year for a while. What, did you forget that Sony makes music, movies and electronics too? 20 billion dollars...

Sony is richer than Microsoft? lol

Forgive him father, for he know not what he speak.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
would you stop making freaking threads bashing the PS# every 2 seconds? We heard and didnt care the first time...
I dont even make Wii bashing threads anymore
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. dustin-diamond

lmao

Sony is making more money than Microsoft...as we speak
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dustin-diamond
would you stop making freaking threads bashing the PS# every 2 seconds? We heard and didnt care the first time...
I dont even make Wii bashing threads anymorepoopinloop32
that's because the Wii is winning.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
No. Just No.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"][QUOTE="blurb1324"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]your threads make me want to shove you into a locker screech style. The ps2 outsold the xbox 360 this month, the ps brand has some serious pull, it would be ignorant to rule them out this early.

God of war, metal gear solid, devil may cry, final fantasy, jak and daxter, ratchet and clank last time i checked these were all ps exclusives with massive fanbases The psp didnt sell because the games were bad. the above mentioned games are great, and people will pay to play them.

When was the last time you checked... FF's been on everything known to man basicaly, and MGS had a Remake on the GC, and Was released on PC, MGS2S was released on the xbox....

that's Really exclusive...
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dustin-diamond
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. poopinloop32

lmao

Dont confuse revenues with profits.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. poopinloop32

lmao

Nintendo's gaming division... (The whole company) is making more then Sony's or Microsoft's...
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. GundamGuy0

lmao

Nintendo's gaming division... (The whole company) is making more then Sony's or Microsoft's...

no shi*?
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

lmao

no shi*?

Yep, None of that. Can't be helped the DS prints money.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="Magical_Guy"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

DarthLukeboy

You DO know he's talking about the 360? K, good. But yeah, I'm an ex-cow and I want those games on the 360!

They both will be on the 360 sooner or latter....Unless Sony handed over a ton of money it will come out it just may take some time.....With that said I can't wait to get MGS4...Even if I have to find some way to come up with the 600

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 espoac

[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. dustin-diamond

lmao

all right...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft 44.2 billion
now Sony http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony 63.9 billion, not that all of that really matters that much
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

DA_B0MB

1.) The GBA is about 700% cheaper 2.) The PS3 has not launched in Europe yet. That said, it's sales aren't bad at all.

But those sales are only for the US, and it still got crushed by 6 different platforms.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dustin-diamond
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. espoac

lmao

now Sony http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony 63.9 billion, not that all of that really matters that much

profits =/= revenues
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 espoac
[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

lmao

profits =/= revenues

you don't think they're analogous to eachother?
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
espoac

Excuse me, I don't mean to make you look bad, but if you took a look at Net Income for both companies you will see that Microsoft had twelve times more profit than Sony did. Net Income is what you end up with after fixed & variable costs & taxes. Microsoft's bottom-line was far stronger & they made more money, a lot more, than Sony.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="espoac"]Seeing as Sony's the richest of the three companies I'm sure they can intice the two companies to keep those games exclusive until the install base of the PS3 is large enough. DilutedDante
lmao

Sony makes money through games. Microsoft loses it. I'm pretty sure thats where he's coming from.

Sony is currently taking losses of over $200 on each PS3 sold while MS is making a profit on each 360 sold.

What are you basing this on? :?

-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
Well it has sold 2 million (someone posted a link to VG Charts) without good games (according to lems) in just 2 territories.  Taken that in consideration sales are good in a way.  When it launches in Europe the sales will get a boost and we will see better numbers for PS3
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 espoac
[QUOTE="espoac"]all right...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft 44.2 billion
thinicer

Excuse me, I don't mean to make you look bad, but if you took a look at Net Income for both companies you will see that Microsoft had twelve times more profit than Sony did. Net Income is what you end up with after fixed & variable costs & taxes. Microsoft's bottom-line was far stronger & they made more money, a lot more, than Sony.

Net income does not equal direct profit.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

espoac

I'm assuming you missed this...

Microsoft

Revenue: US$44.2 billion

Operating income: US$16.4 billion

Net Income: US$12.6 billion

Sony

Revenue: $63.980 billion USD

Operating income: $1,604 million USD

Net Income: $1,058 million USD

So who's richer now?

DilutedDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DilutedDante
They both will be on the 360 sooner or latter....Unless Sony handed over a ton of money it will come out it just may take some time.....With that said I can't wait to get MGS4...Even if I have to find some way to come up with the 600HarlockJC

Why are people convinced MGS will land on the 360? MGS2 sold rather poorly for the Xbox, with the result that 3 wasn't even released for it.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Why not just buy a PS3 to play them? That way the PS3 will sell more, and you'll get to play them. :P
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
Net income does not equal direct profit.
espoac

Uhhhhhh....yes it does, dude. Net Income is commonly called "The bottom line." It is what remains after subtracting all the costs (namely, business, depreciation, interest, and taxes) from a company’s revenues. It is also called earnings or net profit.

Did you ever take an Accounting course?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]They both will be on the 360 sooner or latter....Unless Sony handed over a ton of money it will come out it just may take some time.....With that said I can't wait to get MGS4...Even if I have to find some way to come up with the 600DilutedDante

Why are people convinced MGS will land on the 360? MGS2 sold rather poorly for the Xbox, with the result that 3 wasn't even released for it.

That also because the hype was not there most people that owned a Xbox already owned a PS2.....Most people right now have a 360 or a PS3.....There are not has many that have both

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 espoac
Once again net income does not equal direct profit. Revenue is the total money earned from sales of products and services. The bottom line is that Sony in total, spent that much more on development. Net income has little to no effect on actual product production, why do you think Sony has the largest first party studio. Net income is not what benefits consumers. Take a look at the number of employees also.