For people who pre-ordered both X1 and PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Which one you anticipated the most once it got dispatched and was on its way to you?

I received my PS4 last week, but somehow wasn't that much anticipating it when it was dispatched and was on its way for delivery.

i.e. didn't feel that special excitement about its arrival like, for instance, when I pre-ordered iPhone 5s, or nVidia Titan, wanting them so badly to arrive early while watching unboxing videos, reading first impressions, reviews, etc..

And that jaded feeling continued even after receiving it and playing a little bit of Resogun and Shadow Fall the first night and not finding the enthusiasm to come back to it since.

But now that my X1 pre-order got dispatched, I somehow genuinely feel giddy and wanting it to arrive early. Which is odd considering I was positive about the PS4 being the better console in earlier months leading to the launch.

I'm honestly not a fanboy / hater / etc.. on PS4 nor any other console, but that's what I genuinely felt and just wants to see if others felt the same and could articulate, better than I did, the reason behind why they felt the way they did (whether be it towards X1 or PS4)

So for those who pre-ordered both, what are your thoughts?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Doesn't look like we have too many true manticores quite yet, aye @Mystery_Writer? lol

JoPython52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JoPython52
Member since 2013 • 119 Posts

complete opposite for me. I was climbing the walls waiting for my PS4. But for Xbox One, i actually feel dread and apprehension, I hope nothing goes wrong with the hardware during the update when i get it.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Dude, all I can say is that if and when I get ether system, I'll be laughing at you because I got it at a vastly cheaper price then you did.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I got the PS4 first becuase I prefer Sony's first party. I'll get the Xbone too, not sure when. ;)

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mystery_Writer

@musicalmac: lol, I felt silly writing this semi wall of text and nobody cared. Had you not responded, this thread would've died, cheers man! :P

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mystery_Writer
@dreman999 said:

Dude, all I can say is that if and when I get ether system, I'll be laughing at you because I got it at a vastly cheaper price then you did.

Glad to have my purchase decisions be the source of amusement to others :P. But how would you do that? and most importantly when?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Mystery_Writer: It was a good thread, it needed a discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mystery_Writer

@musicalmac: thanks man

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mystery_Writer

@jopython52 said:

complete opposite for me. I was climbing the walls waiting for my PS4. But for Xbox One, i actually feel dread and apprehension, I hope nothing goes wrong with the hardware during the update when i get it.

I too felt a bit worried, but towards PS4, when I was hooking it up fearing the blue light of death, but thankfully mine was alright.

Somehow I don't have that much worry towards X1. Perhaps because reports suggests less widespread cases for it.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Feeling giddy for dat 720P? Good 4 U.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Honestly, if Kinect wasn't included with it, I would've picked one up at launch. Provided it was $400 like the PS4. I would've enjoyed DR3.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Mystery_Writer: You have always been a raging lemming. You were more excited about a iPhone 5? Lmao really?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I preordered both. I have my PS4 with KZ. Giant meh. Game is mediocre and I am underwhelmed by the graphics. Due to a lack of games I also gave it some multiplat love with AC4, which I haven't even opened yet.

Still waiting for my X1 to arrive. Plan on getting DR3 and I might have to get Forza 5 just to see something prettier to compare even though I am not a fan of racing games. Just like PS4 my expectation on games is meh. Somewhat interested in the Kinect stuff. Wife is interested in the fitness stuff. We definitely will use it to Skype with our daughter and her sets of grandparents.

Start of the generation feeling: it blows. Some excitement and anticipation would be great but it isn't there. Probably because the internet both overhypes everything and spoils everything. Should have kept my head buried... haha.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

Which one you anticipated the most once it got dispatched and was on its way to you?

I received my PS4 last week, but somehow wasn't that much anticipating it when it was dispatched and was on its way for delivery.

i.e. didn't feel that special excitement about its arrival like, for instance, when I pre-ordered iPhone 5s, or nVidia Titan, wanting them so badly to arrive early while watching unboxing videos, reading first impressions, reviews, etc..

And that jaded feeling continued even after receiving it and playing a little bit of Resogun and Shadow Fall the first night and not finding the enthusiasm to come back to it ever since.

But now that my X1 pre-order got dispatched, I somehow genuinely feel giddy and wanting it to arrive early. Which is odd considering I was positive about the PS4 being the better console in earlier months leading to the launch.

I'm honestly not a fanboy / hater / etc.. on PS4 nor any other console, but that's what I genuinely felt and just wants to see if others felt the same and could articulate, better than I did, the reason behind why they felt the way they did (whether be it towards X1 or PS4)

So for those who pre-ordered both, what are your thoughts?

I have a PS4 and am getting my XBOX ONE soon (both preordered).

KZSF is a good game, not great, but good.

I am much more excited about receiving my XBOX ONE. It has much better launch games.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mystery_Writer
@SUD123456 said:

I preordered both. I have my PS4 with KZ. Giant meh. Game is mediocre and I am underwhelmed by the graphics. Due to a lack of games I also gave it some multiplat love with AC4, which I haven't even opened yet.

Still waiting for my X1 to arrive. Plan on getting DR3 and I might have to get Forza 5 just to see something prettier to compare even though I am not a fan of racing games. Just like PS4 my expectation on games is meh. Somewhat interested in the Kinect stuff. Wife is interested in the fitness stuff. We definitely will use it to Skype with our daughter and her sets of grandparents.

Start of the generation feeling: it blows. Some excitement and anticipation would be great but it isn't there. Probably because the internet both overhypes everything and spoils everything. Should have kept my head buried... haha.

True. I was far more excited at launch last gen than this one. Who knows, maybe I'll end up losing enthusiasm for X1 as well after trying it the first night. But for now, it somehow managed to build this special excitement around it.

I was watching Giantbomb Forza quick look, seeing how they were describing the cloud and racing against drivatar and thinking; I really gotta try this.

Anyway, let's see, I hope I won't get disappointed.

DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

i got both day 1 and I gota say Im happy like a clam with both. Kz and Resogun on ps4 and Forza NBA 2k14 and Battlefield4 on X1. I dont get all the moaning and crying both systems are awesome in their own way and produce beautiful grafix(i dont game on pc). I'm looking forward to a great gen

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@Mystery_Writer: First would be influence that would draw me in. A particular game is need for me to want the system.

Then there's the price point. I'll always try to get it at the lowest cost with the best quality.

Finally, it's the case of how I'm living at the time. If I have the time to play it or afford it.

Personally, I look back at all the people who bought the ps3 for ff13 and MGS4 on day one and laugh. Same with every one who did the same with the xbox 360 for Halo 3.