FM5 (9/10) DLC and Microtransactions dev response.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Snippets:

Your Turn 10 team continues to value the input of our Forza community, and we keep a careful eye on in-game data that shows how players progress through our games. Based on the numbers we’ve seen from our first week of FM5, as well as feedback we heard directly from you, we’re in the process of making some changes to the Forza Motorsport 5 economy. But, while we’re putting the final touches on that, we want to make sure everyone continues having a great time with Forza 5. So, the following programs are going into effect this week:

1) Starting this Friday we’re offering a 50 percent discount (credits & tokens) on every car in the game.

2) If you are a Forza Motorsport 5 VIP member, you’ll receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you.

3) Those players who have already purchased the 2013 Lotus E21 as of today (Wednesday, November 27) will also receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO asa further thank you.

4) For those players who have purchased the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Passwe’ll gift the 2013 LaFerrari directly into your Forza Motorsport 5 garage.

5) Finally, we’re dramatically increasing the credit payout available to all Forza players in December via Forza Rewards, our ongoing loyalty program that rewards players with credits and cars for playing Forza games. You’ll be able to redeem these rewards in December but here’s a tip: The higher your Tier level reaches before December rolls around, the better the rewards you’ll be able to redeem, so get your play time in now and level up!

Now, a word about tokens in the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition. In our original description for Forza Motorsport 5’s Limited Edition, we told you that Limited Edition owners would get 1,250 in-game tokens, which we mistakenly said would be enough tokens to afford any car in the Forza 5. It isn’t. As a result, a number of you have pointed this out to us – that there are a number of cars in the game that cost more than 1,250 tokens to purchase.

We’re sorry. In order to make up for this discrepancy, we will soon be offering Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition owners the chance to download and own the car of their choice in the game. Players will be able to choose from any of the on-disc cars in Forza 5 and will be able redeem this offer on ForzaMotorsport.net via a dedicated page that will be available no later than December 16.

Looking ahead, we’ll continue to make further adjustments to the Forza Motorsport 5 economy when they’re needed and I’ll be sure to keep you informed as these changes are made. For now, take advantage of all the cool stuff coming your way and, as always, thanks for your patience and for being a member of the Forza Motorsport community.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Looks like they're putting a bandaid on a severed limb. Their microtransactions are a fucking joke. Shame on them

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

Looks like they're putting a bandaid on a severed limb. Their microtransactions are a fucking joke. Shame on them

Indeed.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

I read somewhere that the Lotus F1 car costs more than $100 to purchase,is that true? Because if it is,damn...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

turn 10 you so crazy

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Why bitch about microtransactions, you already voted with your wallet by choosing whether to buy them or not.

If people pay it means its a valuable addition to those gamers and increased revenue for the devs.

If people dont pay then micro transactions will cease as its no longer a lucrative market. Simples.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I don't see what the problem is, if you can unlock that stuff free but you have to earn the tokens then I don't see what the big deal is. Let them milk those that are willing to pay for their tokens. People that earn their rewards will have the advantage of experience.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

What happened T10, Forza 4 was magical....

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

also LOL @ "Forza5 racing ECONOMY"

**** Off Turn 10, I wont buy your game.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

less then 300 cars but u need a pass if u want more.....or u can use ur own real money as one of the only means to advance in the game.....

all this did was make GT or project cars look that much better...

i get the game is AAA but reviewers dont look for micro transactions its all about how the game looks and feels and turn 10 is great at that...that is why i doubt this was their decision

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

@Heil68 said:

also LOL @ "Forza5 racing ECONOMY"

**** Off Turn 10, I wont buy your game.

This is the correctly, logical manly response everyone should adopt.

"I don't see's da problem". What fucking planet are you on sonny? These assholes (Microsoft) will take you for as much a ride as they can. The less you take, the less bullshit they will pull. Simples.

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts

MS continuing the cynical cash grab followed by humiliating climb down pattern then. Wonder how long it will be before even the most devout of Lems get sick of being treated like gullible morons?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I think people are confused about what they're talking about. When they talk about "in game economy" they're talking about the relation between credits earned for races (which is also boosted by manufacturer affinity and driver level) and the credit cost of the cars.

So when they say that cars will be 50% off, this isn't using real money, it means the cars will cost half the amount of the in game credits they normally would.

The token system is the real money part, but you don't have to use this, this is for the cheaters or impatient people. It was in the previous Forza games and ALSO in the upcoming GT6. I think the token system devalues the game. It's actually no fun having access to all the cars at once.

The one thing I've always loved about Forza is that you start out with VERY little and you unlock and earn content. Credits aren't just for cars, but also for upgrade parts, but you get a discount on these parts as your manufacturer affinity goes up. So traditionally (in Forza games), let's say I keep winning with my Skyline R34, once I get to level 4 I think you get 100% off the cost of all Nissan parts for any Nissan car permanently, but your affinity level still goes up and the manufacturer will pay you a lot of credits as you level up, far more than you'd get just for winning the race.

The Forza reward scheme is quite interesting, so for playing previous Forza's they're offering rewards, like the Nintendo star reward system.

That's pretty much what this article is referring to. It's not talking a whole lot about these micro-transactions I keep hearing about.

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

@clyde46 said:

82 on Metacritic that's what happened

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@fishsticklover said:

@clyde46 said:

82 on Metacritic that's what happened

$100 car is what happen.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

same can be said for GTA online, Rockstar nerfed a lot of jobs heavily at the same time they rolled out the microtrasactions and when i mean nerfed i do mean nerfed its hard to accure a decent amout of cash without any insane amount of grind.