First Official UT3 PS3 Score!!! 8.8, Scores higher than PC Version! LINK!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChristopherM80
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

I know Gamespot only matters here, but things are looking up for PS3 owners who plan to get this game. This site game the PC Version 8.5 and the PC Version 8.8, not much but still worth noting!! I cant wait till tommorow!! UT3 game on!

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-91697.aspx

JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Why would you play it on consoles? Even a low end PC can run it no problems and this is the type of game you just don't play on consoles.
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChristopherM80
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

Why would you play it on consoles? Even a low end PC can run it no problems and this is the type of game you just don't play on consoles. JimmyT2

I was raised on consoles, i never was into PC gaming. Honestly ive never played a UT game before in my life. But i do know i love FPS online games, and I love Epic, and I loved Gears of war so i know ill love this game. I dont like super fast paced shooters. so im glad the PS3 version will be slower

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Y'know that doesn't make the PS3 version better. Dont get me wrong, it might be, but you need to actually read the reviews. It could be and 8.8 by current PS3 online shooting standards.
Avatar image for youmustsurvive2
youmustsurvive2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 youmustsurvive2
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
good, people should own PS3 if they want a huge online game like UT3, and also Ps3 online is FREE.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
Console shooters have extremely low standards -- just look at Halo 3.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
PC's have higher standards than console's no console has seen a game like UT3
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Koalakommander
That franchise which ultimately helped evolve the whole genre -- yes, even PC shooters, in a few new directions?
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

good, people should own PS3 if they want a huge online game like UT3, and also Ps3 online is FREE.youmustsurvive2

so is pc online. im assuming you're just talking about the 360 version (there is one right?) and i dont get why you are saying people should own a system just for one huge online games. there are many huge online games on the pc and 360. in fact, both the pc and 360 have this game (again im assuming 360 has this), and both have even more online games than UT3

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ninja-Vox

Koalakommander

AAA franchise. Cry about it elsewhere.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Koalakommander

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]Console shooters have extremely low standards -- just look at Halo 3.
FrozenLiquid
That franchise which ultimately helped evolve the whole genre -- yes, even PC shooters, in a few new directions?

We talking about UT?

Because Halo didn't evolve PC shooters.

UT did.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Koalakommander

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]Console shooters have extremely low standards -- just look at Halo 3.
Ninja-Vox

Never said it wasn't sweetheart. But when Half-Life comes out in the same year and gets lower scores, you know something is up. Ha, and the PDZ comes out next year with a 9.0. The reviewing system is a joke.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts

[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Why would you play it on consoles? Even a low end PC can run it no problems and this is the type of game you just don't play on consoles. ChristopherM80

I was raised on consoles, i never was into PC gaming. Honestly ive never played a UT game before in my life. But i do know i love FPS online games, and I love Epic, and I loved Gears of war so i know ill love this game. I dont like super fast paced shooters. so im glad the PS3 version will be slower

LOL all the more reason you should play games on pc

you dont like fast-paced shooters, yet UT is about fast paced, and all console shooters are usually slow paced EVEN HALO 3, so tell me when did you ever play a fast paced fps when ALL fast paced FPS are on PC

i was raised on consoles, but i like pc gaming better,
youmustsurvive2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 youmustsurvive2

Ninja-Vox

no PC game has the amount of jaggies that Halo 3 has.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Riki101
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

youmustsurvive2

well you gotta raise res or turn AA on but atleast the res doesnt lie to you at the back of the box
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

Why would you play it on consoles? Even a low end PC can run it no problems and this is the type of game you just don't play on consoles. JimmyT2

I been playing consoles for 25 years, you think im gonna start playing the PC right away?

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 100Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts
and cows think this game will save ps3's 2007 year :lol:
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

youmustsurvive2

Let's not be too conceited.

Counter-Strike is pretty dam jaggy.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ninja-Vox
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

youmustsurvive2

jaggies you say? So it must be a bad game right? I mean some jagged edges on textures must totally ruin all the fun, correct?

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 100Gamer
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Koalakommander

Never said it wasn't sweetheart. But when Half-Life comes out in the same year and gets lower scores, you know something is up. Ha, and the PDZ comes out next year with a 9.0. The reviewing system is a joke.

cry about it elsewhere kid

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Sounds good, but hold your horses there. I think it will still get an 8.5 here at GS.
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

and cows think this game will save ps3's 2007 year :lol:100Gamer

Uncharted already did that.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

100Gamer

Nice comeback. Tell me when you figure out how to think.

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts

Koalakommander
That's why 360 had all of the shooter nominations last year and PC didn't get one. That also must of been why Xbox 360 had GeOW goty (which BTW was a shooter).

BTW Halo 3 was a nominated for GOTY at SPIKE Gameawards. Where was the Crysis nomination? Also before you pipe in about it not being important or a lame list. It had every major review sites editors including Gamespot, IGN, 1up, Game Informer, etc. Also gamespot must think it was pretty important too since it was on the news section.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
It doesn't make the PS3 version better dude. I bet you the PC version is still the better version, just due to higher standards of the PC and the fact that Unreal is nothing new for PC gamers, it got the score it deserved.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Koalakommander

Simply your opinion. A LOT of people are going to have to disagree with you though.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja-Vox
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Koalakommander

PDZ is a crap game. Dont start trying to use gamespot's lame reviewing as a scapegoat for your none-point. Halo is a AAA franchise across the board. It's a stellar game, and is my second-favourite shooter of all time next to half-life. So quit the "ROFFLES HERMITS HAVE HIGHER STANDARDS!" nonsense and accept the fact that it's a bloody good game like a logical person.

Maybe ten years ago a good shooter on a console wouldn't be THAT good on the PC, but we're not living in the 90s anymore. Besides a higher resolution and keyboard and mouse controls, console and PC shooters are practically identical.

JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts

[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Why would you play it on consoles? Even a low end PC can run it no problems and this is the type of game you just don't play on consoles. ChristopherM80

Now is the time to get into PC gaming. All you need is a half decent CPU and a 8600GT (budget card) to play the game at 1600X1200 @ 43 FPS max quality with a keyboard and mouse. Surely that sounds more appealing then playing it on the PS3 at 30 FPS lower detail/resolution and no proper mod support.

http://gamespot.com/features/6183499/p-4.html

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts

Ninja-Vox

PDZ is a crap game. Dont start trying to use gamespot's lame reviewing as a scapegoat for your none-point. Halo is a AAA franchise across the board. It's a stellar game, and is my second-favourite shooter of all time next to half-life. So quit the "ROFFLES HERMITS HAVE HIGHER STANDARDS!" nonsense and accept the fact that it's a bloody good game like a logical person.

Maybe ten years ago a good shooter on a console wouldn't be THAT good on the PC, but we're not living in the 90s anymore. Besides a higher resolution and keyboard and mouse controls, console and PC shooters are practically identical.

Exactly.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 100Gamer
[QUOTE="100Gamer"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Koalakommander

Nice comeback. Tell me when you figure out how to think.

no it's ok. you can keep on whining as long as you like :lol:

-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -PS360FTW-
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

no one said that...they just know it will be a great tittle

ON TOPIC:1up said it was better on ps3

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 100Gamer

[QUOTE="100Gamer"]and cows think this game will save ps3's 2007 year :lol:Gamersince81

Uncharted already did that.

an 8.0 game saved ps3? :lol:

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Koalakommander

Ninja-Vox

No, you're right, this isn't the 90s. Console shooters just figured out how to host 16 player multiplayer matches and record games. Which were basically the standards of late 90s PC shooters.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 deserves its AAA ratings for what it did to the shooting genre for consoles, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Another AA title for PS3....
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]Console shooters have extremely low standards -- just look at Halo 3.
Koalakommander

We talking about UT?

Because Halo didn't evolve PC shooters.

UT did.

You're not going to tell me because of UT2k4, Halo decided to include vehicles in its multiplayer too right? It's the other way around. Oh, and before you start going on about Tribes: Tribes is like the Ghost in the Shell. And Halo is like the Matrix. Hopefully you understand that analogy. UT pretty much does its own thing. It can incorporate other styles of play, but the core game is way to fast for most other games to try nick a few ideas from. Even then, its been weak on the single player, and whereas most FPSs do include a fully fledged campaign mode, it stands to wonder how UT could evolve the genre when it did not even try to set the standard itself.
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Riki101
[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Why would you play it on consoles? Even a low end PC can run it no problems and this is the type of game you just don't play on consoles. JimmyT2

Now is the time to get into PC gaming. All you need is a half decent CPU and a 8600GT (budget card) to play the game at 1600X1200 @ 43 FPS max quality with a keyboard and mouse. Surely that sounds more appealing then playing it on the PS3 at 30 FPS lower detail/resolution and no proper mod support.

buh buh building and upgrading :cry:

jesus i saw a 13 year old on youtube building his first pc with a 8800GT!
youmustsurvive2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 youmustsurvive2

[QUOTE="100Gamer"]and cows think this game will save ps3's 2007 year :lol:-PS360FTW-

no one said that...they just know it will be a great tittle

ON TOPIC:1up said it was better on ps3

PS360FTW thanks for that mate, it was about time PS3 being better than a 2,000 UT3 ready PC.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 100Gamer

1up said it was better on ps3

-PS360FTW-

link?

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Actually - Gamespot scores DON'T count here anymore - at least I dont take anything they review seriously anymore.

It's Gamerankings all the way for me.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Who said that? I don't see anyone saying that in here. I love when lemmings try to speak for cows. What's even better is how funny they think they are.

@christopherm80 Thanks for the post been waiting for a review. Sounds great!

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

FrozenLiquid

Like what? The way that showed the gaming world that you can sell a game only if you invest millions (precisely, 10 million dollars) into marketing?

Please...

Games that evolved the genre were DOOM franchise, and Half-Life (the first one). And Half-Life is IMO, the best first person shooter ever.

Halo, of course has much to offer, but keep it on a console, please. Noone wanted it on a PC in the first place.

youmustsurvive2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 youmustsurvive2

Another AA title for PS3....BioShockOwnz

they just keep coming even with PS3 having a atrocious year, imagine 08 for PS3, wow now thats a dream for any gamer.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Riki101
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Koalakommander

No, you're right, this isn't the 90s. Console shooters just figured out how to host 16 player multiplayer matches and record games. Which were basically the standards of late 90s PC shooters.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 deserves its AAA ratings for what it did to the shooting genre for consoles, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

consoles still dont have the neat and yet OLD VERY OLD feature that also spectators to view other players in FIRST PERSON
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Koalakommander

it stands to wonder how UT could evolve the genre when it did not even try to set the standard itself.FrozenLiquid

UT is strictly a multiplayer game for a reason, and was an extremely popular PC shooter. Which is the reason most PC shooters are given short to neglible single-player components but stellar multipayer. I'm not saying Halo ripped off of UT or the other way around. It's just multiplayer gaming was already huge well before Halo 3.

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
i love how people love to argue for no reason. UT III is a great game that i am going to really enjoy on my ps3. It is great on PC and it will be great on 360. Just appreciate it and move on
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
[QUOTE="JimmyT2"][QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Why would you play it on consoles? Even a low end PC can run it no problems and this is the type of game you just don't play on consoles. Riki101

buh buh building and upgrading :cry:

jesus i saw a 13 year old on youtube building his first pc with a 8800GT!

GAH even 13 year od is smarter than me in pc stuff :P.

my video card is acting funny and its about time i got a new one. I must redeem myself! (i have a good processor and other stuff so im not actually gonna be building a pc, but im glad i can focus my savings up on a video card instead

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Riki101

consoles still dont have the neat and yet OLD VERY OLD feature that also spectators to view other players in FIRST PERSON

Don't even get me started.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 100Gamer

Another AA title for PS3....BioShockOwnz

no even exclusive

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]Console shooters have extremely low standards -- just look at Halo 3.
IgGy621985

Like what? The way that showed the gaming world that you can sell a game only if you invest millions (precisely, 10 million dollars) into marketing?

Please...

Games that evolved the genre were DOOM franchise, and Half-Life (the first one). And Half-Life is IMO, the best first person shooter ever.

Halo, of course has much to offer, but keep it on a console, please. Noone wanted it on a PC in the first place.

How old are you? It's a Bungie game. Before the Xbox was even announced, Bungie working on a title for the PC/Mac was big news. Everyone wanted it. And yes, your predecessors got sour when they heard it was going to be exclusive to Microsoft's new console.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ninja-Vox

Koalakommander

If you're honestly trying to say that halo is only considered good because of the poor standards of consoles, i can only assume you haven't played a console shooter in 20 years. That or you're simply a fanboy unwilling to admit that a game on a system you dont own could possibly be GOOD.

Pick one. Lord knows i dont care.