Firing Jeff?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ManILoveSony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ManILoveSony
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
I think Gamespot should fire Jeff. Who is with me fire Jeff! FIRE JEFF FIRE JEFF FIRE JEFF FIRE JEFF.
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
fire em all, and hire people are age, or at least 10 years within range, most these reviewers are old enough to be my parents lmao
MyLargefeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MyLargefeet
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts
Why, because he just slapped 6.9 to your beloved game?
TarmacChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TarmacChris
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts
Milk IS good for your bones though...
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

I like Jeff and he's a good reviewer. :)

He knows what he's talking about and doesn't get dragged into the hype machines with games, if a game is a rehash he will score it appropriately, whereas many other reviewers will not as they will feel more of the same should deserve the same score even say 3 years on.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hoobinator

Milk IS good for your bones though...TarmacChris

Depends on the milk, fresh goats milkis excellent for the body. 

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
I think he is just burnt out on gaming but has no job oppurtunities at the moment. I ask anyone out there that is an employer to please offer Jeff a job so we do not have to suffer with his out of touch reviews any longer.
KrAzY_cHrIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 KrAzY_cHrIs
Member since 2007 • 1132 Posts
so wait a minute at first it's mr points Jeff the 360 fanboy who hates everything else vabout everything and that gamespot it also biased. now they flop shadowrun and he should be fired I think some people on these forums have been having some serious moodswings, I mean if your going to make an uninformed view about somthing at least make your mind up about that view.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~Why? Because he brings up the truth that you don't want to admits there? Let me put it this way, if Jeff was a doctor, he would be the first to say, "He's gone. Time of death..." I don't want to admit that TP was only in the high 8s and Shadowrun is only in the high 6s just like you. But this isn't about your opinion or mine. It's about the over all rating of the game for what it is. I think Jeff is a great reviewer because he seams to keep this in mind.~-~
I like Jeff and he's a good reviewer. :)Hoobinator
~-~I thought I was the only one who thought that.~-~
SSJ4Gareth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SSJ4Gareth
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts

[QUOTE="TarmacChris"]Milk IS good for your bones though...Hoobinator

Depends on the milk, fresh goats milkis excellent for the body.

Banana milkshake is the best tasting though...
MyLargefeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MyLargefeet
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

Actually, milk and bone mineral density do not correlate each other. The statement "milk is good for your bones" is just a myth. A new study proves it otherwise:

No Evidence to Support Milk Claims

"In summary, we found that the vast majority of controlled studies of dairy supplementation or total dietary calcium intake show that, while very low calcium intakes (e.g., below 400 mg per day) may be harmful to bone development, increases in dairy or total dietary calcium intake (above 400 to 500 mg per day) are not correlated with, or a predictor of, bone mineral density or fracture rate in children or young adults.

In fact, we found no evidence to support the notion that milk is a preferred source of calcium. While milk and other dairy products contain calcium, many factors affect the availability and retention of the calcium from these products."

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hoobinator

Yeah he's been through it all, he's anti-sheep with the TP review, even though he was right. He's anti-sony the next with his dislike of the PS3 launch and price and now he's anti-MS.

You guys need to shut up and leave him alone. 

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

He knows what he's talking about and doesn't get dragged into the hype machines with games, if a game is a rehash he will score it appropriately, whereas many other reviewers will not as they will feel more of the same should deserve the same score even say 3 years on.

Hoobinator

exactly, its only stupid fanboys that think they should fire jeff. He reviews them properly without any bias, just based on how enjoyable the game was. Stupid halo fans thing he should get fired because he gave halo 2 7.0 for the pc, well its freaking true considering the standard of fps's on pc and considering its a crappy rehash forcing you to buy windows vista to play a game that was made for a console back in 2004. Stupid sheep thinks he should get fired just because he scored zelda like that when all the points he made were true. I hate fanboys, they think they can rate games better but all they willl do is give their respected platforms games a 9.6 filled with biased opinions. ManILoveSony go rot in hell you piece of garbage for lack of a much better word.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
you want someone fired just because you don't agree with them???
DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts
Omg dude, you should get fired from where you work
ManILoveSony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ManILoveSony
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Arjdagr8

exactly, its only stupid fanboys that think they should fire jeff. He reviews them properly without any bias, just based on how enjoyable the game was. Stupid lemmings thing he should get fired because he gave halo 2 7.0 for the pc, well its freaking true considering the standard of fps's on pc and considering its a crappy rehash forcing you to buy windows vista to play a game that was made for a console back in 2004. Stupid sheep thinks he should get fired just because he scored zelda like that when all the points he made were true. I hate fanboys, they think they can rate games better but all they willl do is give their respected platforms games a 9.6 filled with biased opinions. ManILoveSony go rot in hell you piece of garbage for lack of a much better word.

What the flying fudge. Your going to flame me like that. Call me a piece of garbage and telling me to rot in hell. Im not a f'ing fanboy. My name is a joke. And I am effing tired of Jeff. 8.8 for TP? Deserved at least 9.2. 6.9 for Shadowrun. Im playing this game a hella of alot. Staying up late. Everyone I know that has the game loves it. Even if you read the user reviews they are good. So calm your ass down before you go making assumptions on who is a fanboy and a piece of garbage that should rot in hell.
loserbam828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 loserbam828
Member since 2005 • 1713 Posts
You guys that believe that Jeff should be fired are pretty much hating him for doing his job. Plus, if his opinion is different than yours, why make a fuss about it? Are we all a bunch of 5 year olds here?
KrAzY_cHrIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KrAzY_cHrIs

Yeah he's been through it all, he's anti-sheep with the TP review, even though he was right. He's anti-sony the next with his dislike of the PS3 launch and price and now he's anti-MS.

You guys need to shut up and leave him alone. 

Hoobinator

thats exactly what I trying to say thanks (exept I forgot about the zelda tp thing) I suppose I should leave the system war to the experts to people like manlovesony :roll:

WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts

fire em all, and hire people are age, or at least 10 years within range, most these reviewers are old enough to be my parents lmaoMandingo101

Say, if you want a worthwhile opinion on something, do you want to get it from somebody who's been studying the subject for decades, or from some empty-headed newbie who just graduated from diapers?  Aw, don't answer.  You obviously don't know the right answer.

rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts

I thought these days were long gone ( the aftermath of the infamous 8.8 ).

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Just because a game is fun doesn't mean it is well made.

There are plenty of games I can see is poorly made but I have a blast while playing it (like Beat Down: Fist of Vengence, Saga Frontier 1 & 2)

Just because you are having fun with the game doesn't mean it didn't deserve 6.9 rating. 

bloodyclot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bloodyclot
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

not to mention he rated it higher than most reviewers (shadowrun) http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/929196.asp

or do you want him fired for rating it too high O.o...  

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

The key thing to remember about reviews are... They're opinions.

You're never going to agree with every single review someone gives. The world doesn't work like that, sorry. But the great thing is, you're free to disagree and enjoy the games he reviews poorly.  So go do that. 

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
you want someone fired just because you don't agree with them???Eddie5vs1
~-~What I'm wondering is how he knows Jeff's opinion. I just watched the video review and I don't remember him saying, "I hate this game and I think it's poopie stupid. NYA!" For all we know he could of loved it but we don't know cuz he doesn't bring his opinion into thing. (or that often at least. Wario Ware was not a 9.>.>...)~-~
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Actually, milk and bone mineral density do not correlate each other. The statement "milk is good for your bones" is just a myth. A new study proves it otherwise:

"In summary, we found that the vast majority of controlled studies of dairy supplementation or total dietary calcium intake show that, while very low calcium intakes (e.g., below 400 mg per day) may be harmful to bone development, increases in dairy or total dietary calcium intake (above 400 to 500 mg per day) are not correlated with, or a predictor of, bone mineral density or fracture rate in children or young adults.

In fact, we found no evidence to support the notion that milk is a preferred source of calcium. While milk and other dairy products contain calcium, many factors affect the availability and retention of the calcium from these products."

MyLargefeet

Let's hype cereal instead then. 

ManILoveSony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ManILoveSony
You guys that believe that Jeff should be fired are pretty much hating him for doing his job. Plus, if his opinion is different than yours, why make a fuss about it? Are we all a bunch of 5 year olds here?loserbam828
His reviews mislead so many people. He did not even get the achievement for playing all the maps in shadowrun. How can you complain about lack of maps WHEN YOU DIDNT EVEN PLAY THEM ALL. How the hell is their a lack of variety? The user average is 8.8 for shadowrun. I read the review it seems he rated it purely on "What I got was not what I wanted".
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Jeff is a great reviewer.There's nothing wrong with him.
PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts
I think you need to get off his back. Reviews are meant to give you a picture and warn you of any issues. If you have fun with 6.9 games go for it, he's not stopping you. But it's his job to highlight flaws and rate the sum of the game.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Hoobinator

Then logically he should review Halo 3 just for that reason. He didnt get caught up in the Zelda hype and scored the game fairly, maybe a couple points under what it actually deserves by most people's standards, but none the less I think he gave Twilight Princess a fair review. Maybe he should review the high profile games like that, and I know if he reviews Halo 3 he would give it a decent score but probably less then what lemmings are hoping for.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Some of his reviews are pretty stupid. He's given two games a perfect score that probably didn't deserve it. But he's funny.
steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts

the lemmings didnt think that when he gave gears a 9.6?

somethings funny here, but i cant put my finger on it.

BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts
Wow this isn't a joke? It's not like Shadowrun was actually good or something. :roll:
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

[QUOTE="loserbam828"]You guys that believe that Jeff should be fired are pretty much hating him for doing his job. Plus, if his opinion is different than yours, why make a fuss about it? Are we all a bunch of 5 year olds here?ManILoveSony
His reviews mislead so many people. He did not even get the achievement for playing all the maps in shadowrun. How can you complain about lack of maps WHEN YOU DIDNT EVEN PLAY THEM ALL. How the hell is their a lack of variety? The user average is 8.8 for shadowrun. I read the review it seems he rated it purely on "What I got was not what I wanted".

Gamespotting is his PERSONAL account for gaming he does at home, that he brings in to work on occasion to continue things he's started at home. There are numerous Xbox 360's at the Gamespot offices and I'm sure he's played plenty of Shadowrun on more than one of them, with seperate accounts.

EDIT: Of course, it IS possible that he hasn't played all the maps. But I think we can probably trust him... Probably. 

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Jeff looks for originality, which I think this industry desperately needs.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Arjdagr8

the lemmings didnt think that when he gave gears a 9.6?

somethings funny here, but i cant put my finger on it.

steve_89

exactly but now shadowrun...

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

Yeah, how dare he have a different opinion to you. He should lose his job for that. Cause you no doubt know better than someone who's been in the business for years.

Shadowrun is no Counter-Strike. Get over it.

TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts

not to mention he rated it higher than most reviewers (shadowrun) http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/929196.asp

or do you want him fired for rating it too high O.o...  

bloodyclot

ROFL, you owned this thread.

TLHBO, deal with it and stop whining about Jeff.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

[QUOTE="loserbam828"]You guys that believe that Jeff should be fired are pretty much hating him for doing his job. Plus, if his opinion is different than yours, why make a fuss about it? Are we all a bunch of 5 year olds here?ManILoveSony

Consider the amount of years he has been playing games versus lemmings who rate the game based on their opinion. Jeff has more experience and far more knowledge about games then a bunch of casuals do, his scores arent just opinion, they reflect what came out of the final build of a game and he rates them based on what the game brings to the table. Obviously Shadow Run was lackluster in having almost no single player experience, not to mention it costs 60 dollars just to buy the game and then you need to have Live as well which is another 50 dollars. At the end of the day, most gamers dont agree with the opinions of reviewers and rate it higher because they can however there is never a really professional opinion on the game. Most people thought Zelda should have been an AAA game, myself included, however I have to agree with Jeff's review on the game aside from the sound which should have been an 8 since the music was great.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26115 Posts

Jeff looks for originality, which I think this industry desperately needs.Sajo7

That is very true. But the problem is that he punishes the game way too hard if it doesn't meet expectations.

Originally is something a game has to earn, something you reward the game for being unique, giving it an increased score for that. But he will lower the score consoderably because it doesn't have it.

If a game gives the greatest experience you have ever played, with extremely tight controls, awsome music and story, fantastic graphics, and addictive gameplay, will you completely flop the game just because it has minor improvements over the last game?

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Arjdagr8

[QUOTE="ManILoveSony"][QUOTE="loserbam828"]You guys that believe that Jeff should be fired are pretty much hating him for doing his job. Plus, if his opinion is different than yours, why make a fuss about it? Are we all a bunch of 5 year olds here?DSgamer64

Consider the amount of years he has been playing games versus lemmings who rate the game based on their opinion. Jeff has more experience and far more knowledge about games then a bunch of casuals do, his scores arent just opinion, they reflect what came out of the final build of a game and he rates them based on what the game brings to the table. Obviously Shadow Run was lackluster in having almost no single player experience, not to mention it costs 60 dollars just to buy the game and then you need to have Live as well which is another 50 dollars. At the end of the day, most gamers dont agree with the opinions of reviewers and rate it higher because they can however there is never a really professional opinion on the game. Most people thought Zelda should have been an AAA game, myself included, however I have to agree with Jeff's review on the game aside from the sound which should have been an 8 since the music was great.

omg, the words i was looking for inside my mouth. you have explained what i was trying to say perfectly, thank you.

OblivionXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OblivionXII
Member since 2007 • 349 Posts

Got Milk?

Anyway I don't dislike Jeff, he's better than what most people on the forums try to make him out to be.

Oekelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Oekelion
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

Milk is good. I like milk. In fact I love milk. ALL HAIL MILK BEYOND THIS DAY FORTH! PRAISE THE COWZ! PRAISE!

Safety05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Safety05
Member since 2005 • 352 Posts

MyLargefeet
So all the milk I drink doesn't actually make strong bones? I've been deceived! On top of that I think milk might be high in cholesterol... Oh yeah... About Jeff... Nah he shouldn't be fired... Reviews don't matter much...
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Why, because he just slapped 6.9 to your beloved game?MyLargefeet
blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
Milk is healthy and delicious
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
This is de ja vu all over again remeber when sheep were like " Fire Jeff because he teh biased against teh zelda 8.8 :cry:" Now we have cows doin it because he flopped shadowflop :roll: Whoever hyped this game AAA or Double A or even A should just take the ownage and stop crying about it.
Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

Jeff looks for originality, which I think this industry desperately needs.Sajo7

So Gears of War is very original?

KrAzY_cHrIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KrAzY_cHrIs
[QUOTE="MyLargefeet"]

Safety05

So all the milk I drink doesn't actually make strong bones? I've been deceived! On top of that I think milk might be high in cholesterol... Oh yeah... About Jeff... Nah he shouldn't be fired... Reviews don't matter much...

infact I think it's fair to say TMHBO

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
Oddly enough I've agreed with most of Geof's reviews. The only people who say he's a bad revier are fanboys who can't get over a game being over rated/over hyped.