Far Cry 3 boss fights (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

First of all: I'd be posting this in GG discussion, if the place were not a ghost town.

Why is it that every single boss fight in the game felt like a really bad acid trip where I have no clue what the hell just happened?

Buck: You are on his basement with a friend, and all of a sudden you are in some sort of limbo with christmas lights hanging around.

The giant demon or something...this one explains itself and ironically, it's the one that makes most sense since you actually were tripping.

Vaas: Really confused...so, I enter this warehouse, walk around and Vaas comes out of nowhere and stabs me in the freaking heart.
Then I wake up at limbo, start walking around, kill a bunch of vaas' "ilussions", finally catch up to the real one, stab the hell out of him (and he does nothing to defend himself) and then he dies and I dont even get to see the scene with his corpse.

Hoyt: So im at the poker table with the guy, I have a privateer aiming at my head at point blank range with his assault rifle, plus another guy at the other side of the room who would kill me in a sec if I moved a finger, and then all of a sudden, transported to limbo again, ignoring those 2 guards and stabbing the hell out of hoyt, then the scene shifts and EVERYONE around me is dead, wth happened.

See? It's like a bad trip where you wake up and you dont remember anything, it actually made me wonder if all the game was in jason's head because of how weird those parts were.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
meh, the boss "fights" were pretty bad but it didn't really take away from how great the game was for me.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lightleggy
meh, the boss "fights" were pretty bad but it didn't really take away from how great the game was for me. mems_1224
yeah, not saying that it was a bad game, im saying that the surreal setting these "fights" take place in makes me believe that none of this crap really happens. after you kill hoyt, you are shown to be in a completely different room (from the poker room), your ring finger is already bandaged and hoyt doesn't have the 2 knives embedded in his head.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]meh, the boss "fights" were pretty bad but it didn't really take away from how great the game was for me. lightleggy
yeah, not saying that it was a bad game, im saying that the surreal setting these "fights" take place in makes me believe that none of this crap really happens. after you kill hoyt, you are shown to be in a completely different room (from the poker room), your ring finger is already bandaged and hoyt doesn't have the 2 knives embedded in his head.

Yea, the game was trippy. The ending was kind of interesting though.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]meh, the boss "fights" were pretty bad but it didn't really take away from how great the game was for me. mems_1224

I just wish the good ending was also rewarded with sex :lol:
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Well the game was great, and the big phantom boss was cool.

But I guess its that way because in real life, if you shoot somebody once or twice, they are likely to die and it would be an even more less of a boss fight per say.

I would be cool if they had super armors or something, but the trippy acid thing works I suppose.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] yeah, not saying that it was a bad game, im saying that the surreal setting these "fights" take place in makes me believe that none of this crap really happens. after you kill hoyt, you are shown to be in a completely different room (from the poker room), your ring finger is already bandaged and hoyt doesn't have the 2 knives embedded in his head.

I just wish the good ending was also rewarded with sex :lol:

:lol: I know right? Liza is so unappreciative :P
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

liza is a stuck up B with no sex appeal

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mems_1224

Jankarcop
Bet you'd find her more attractive if she was passed out.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lightleggy

Well the game was great, and the big phantom boss was cool.

But I guess its that way because in real life, if you shoot somebody once or twice, they are likely to die and it would be an even more less of a boss fight per say.

I would be cool if they had super armors or something, but the trippy acid thing works I suppose.

ristactionjakso
But why the trippy acid part? my point is: the fights could have taken place in a real enviroment, there was no need to put the player in doubt of what just happened with those acid trips... Ireally dont know if Vaas' fight was real, if he stabbed Jason in the freaking heart and then you dont get to see his body. I have no issue with the knife fights, and I agree they are there to make the game more "realistic" because it would be dumb to make a normal enemy survive 40 headshots and it would be too easy if they died from 2 shots. and I agree, the surreal boss was the best one.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lightleggy

Jankarcop
Liza was super hot, her face was angelical and she had a nice body, I don't really like girls to be super busty, her breasts were fine, she was a "real" girl. actually she IS a real girl, her live action model has like 98% of her looks. Jason had to be crazy to be willing to dumb Liza for Citra.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

mems_1224

The blonde was way hotter, also the native girl who u get to bang.

Liza was so plane jaine.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lightleggy

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

Liza was so plane jaine.

Daisy was older, not cougar old but older, and she definitely wasn't hotter than Liza. as for Citra, dude, she was bald, she had facial tattoos, probably a terrible hygiene and a huge bush down in her goodies and I doubt she had ever used a toothbrush during her entire life.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Bet you'd find her more attractive if she was passed out. lightleggy

Liza was so plane jaine.

Daisy was older, not cougar old but older, and she definitely wasn't hotter than Liza. as for Citra, dude, she was bald, she had facial tattoos, probably a terrible hygiene and a huge bush down in her goodies and I doubt she had ever used a toothbrush during her entire life.

:lol:
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lightleggy

tumblr_med5smY4Ps1qdqww5o2_1280.png

Niki.png

Cutest game character ever made vs generic blonde and tribal girl

228px-Daisy_Lee.JPG

Fc3daisy.PNG

Far-Cry-3s-Citra.jpgFar-Cry-3-Citra.jpg

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224
Daisy is so bland and generic. Citra just looks gross.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jankarcop

I guess people really do have differnet opinions. Citra was way hotter than the pale figureless Liza.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jankarcop

also much fuller lips which makes for a good suck

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lightleggy

I guess people really do have differnet opinions. Citra was way hotter than the pale figureless Liza.

Jankarcop

also much fuller lips which makes for a good suck

Jankarcop
The general consensus will always be that Liza is hotter, only a minority of players preffer Citra. Not involving racism, but simply put: majority of gamers are white men (with white I include anyone who isn't black) in their 20s, most white men dont see black women as attractive, not because of racism, but simply because of, well, for the sake of it. Not to mention that, like I said, Citra is a girl with facial tattoos, breast tattoos (major dealbreaker for most guys, unless you are REALLY into that thing), not really feminine in attitude, [most likely] has a terrible hygene and a shaved head. That is like, the least popular definition of what an attractive woman is...she is a character who only appeals to guys with really unique tastes. Also judging from the pics and in-game models, Liza's lips are bigger or exactly the same as Citra's.
ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

Do not consider a single encounter in Far Cry 3 worthy of the name boss fight, it was a great game but it definitely did not have anything that could confidently be pointed out as a boss fight.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Well..... have I ever told you the definition of Insanity? I think the point was for the player to decide what was real and what was not. Like Vaas, you fight all these Vaas clones in your mind running at you with a knife or something with him screaming "shoot me" or something like that.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

they were cool cause they were different from other games

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lightleggy

Do not consider a single encounter in Far Cry 3 worthy of the name boss fight, it was a great game but it definitely did not have anything that could confidently be pointed out as a boss fight.

ugoo18
actually the fight against that big demon thing perfectly fitted as one.
jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

As much as I love FC3, I hate the monster fight (which felt out of place) and Hoyt's which was a long QTE.

ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

[QUOTE="ugoo18"]

lightleggy

actually the fight against that big demon thing perfectly fitted as one.

oops my bad, forgot about that one.