Fallout Sells More Than Oblivian in 1st Week. MS vs PS3 2:1 ratio

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RobWil
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts

360 - %55

PS3 - %28

PC - %17

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/fallout-3-outsells-all-previous-titles-in-the-series-combined

-General_Ram-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -General_Ram-
Member since 2008 • 998 Posts

I feel at peace with the world.

Lemmings getting the most.

Hermits buying into LIVE for PC

Cows gettign the short end of the stick yet again.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

PC - Most people probably pirated it :P

X360 - Great game!

PS3 - Who would want to buy this pathetic excuse for a port. Maybe if Bethesda actually tried, more people would have bought it.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

X360 - Great game!

PS3 - Who would want to buy this pathetic excuse for a port. Maybe if Bethesda actually tried, more people would have bought it.

II_Seraphim_II

I bought it, and I love it.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
Please be accurate when posting numbers. In this case you should have added "in the UK" as these charts are from the UK. A little thing I noticed is that fallout 3 has been on the number 2 or number 1 spot top sellers on STEAM switching back and forth with L4D. I wish there was a way to quantize this fact, but I'm sure it's selling pretty well over steam since the steam version doens't have any DRM.(right?)
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

MS - %55

PS3 - %28

PC - %17

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/fallout-3-outsells-all-previous-titles-in-the-series-combined

RobWil

So Microsoft's console is called MS now? Didn't know about that.:P

I'm not surprised with these numbers. A lot of PS3 owners have skipped Fallout 3 because of all the bad rep that version has. From the experience i've had with the game so far, i say they're missing out big time.

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts

And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.Eltroz

Please what's done is done. If you're going to take on developing a PS3 game now that it's difficulties are common knowledge I expect a developer to put out a quality product or not bother at all Plus Bethesda has PS3 experience this is just a sloppy port.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

X360 - Great game!

rockguy92

I bought it, and I love it.

Really? I was just assuming there :P Havent played the PS3 version. My lil bro just bought the X360 version. he luvs it to death, but I played a bit and found it too much like Oblivion for my tastes (and i hated oblivion) :( Im probably just gonna go in a corner and pray that sum fan makes a Fallout3 and puts it online and I get to download it before Bethesda tells the fans to take it down.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
[QUOTE="RobWil"]

MS - %55

PS3 - %28

PC - %17

lusitanogamer

I'm not surprised with these numbers. A lot of PS3 owners have skipped Fallout 3 because of all the bad rep that version has. From the experience i've had with the game so far, i say they're missing out big time.

Agreed.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.Flamestos

Please what's done is done. If you're going to take on developing a PS3 game now the it's difficulties are common knowldge I expect a developer to put out a quality product or not bother at all Plus Bethesda has PS3 experience this is just a sloppy port.

So you think a developer should spend millions of dollors and man hors more on the PS3 then the other two systems? That is crazy. It is not like the PS3 hardware and software sales warrent that much extra work. Just be thankfull the PS3 got any kind of port. It is all Sony's fault for making a console harder to develope for.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I want to get this but honestly it's taking a back seat to Little Big Planet and Resistance 2. I have a feeling a lot of PS3 owners are feeling the same way.
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flamestos
[QUOTE="Flamestos"]

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.Eltroz

Please what's done is done. If you're going to take on developing a PS3 game now the it's difficulties are common knowldge I expect a developer to put out a quality product or not bother at all Plus Bethesda has PS3 experience this is just a sloppy port.

So you think a developer should spend millions of dollors and man hors more on the PS3 then the other two systems? That is crazy. It is not like the PS3 hardware and software sales warrent that much extra work. Just be thankfull the PS3 got any kind of port. It is all Sony's fault for making a console harder to develope for.

Yes, I think they should if they're going to make the game for a system that has those kind of development "flaws". We're not talking about a developer new to the PS3 hardware who have no idea how the system works and how much it costs to get a their game to run smoothly. Oblivion was the best console version between it and the 360.

I can choose to buy the 360 version which I am next week but it's not fair to PS3 only owners to get a sloppy port.

I never said Sony didn't share any of the blame but in the big picture Bethesda made the decision to make a PS3 version and then release a half ***ed port.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Didn't Bethesda start working on the PS3 version like one year later? It's what i heard and if it's true, how can anyone be blaming Sony for the inferior port. It's clear Bethesda didn't want to bother as much with the PS3 version, probably because of the smaller install base and expected lower sales, not because the PS3 is harder to develop for. They have experience with the PS3, i'm sure it's not development nightmare anymore for them. If it was made in all platforms at the same time, i'm sure the PS3 version could be on par with the PC and 360 versions. Look at EA. Either they use the PS3 as lead platform or develop all versions at the same time and look at the results: Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Burnout Paradise, all look the same on both PS3 and 360.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

X360 - Great game!

II_Seraphim_II

its not pathetic, just a bit worser then 360 version

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

I feel at peace with the world.

Lemmings getting the most.

Hermits buying into LIVE for PC

Cows gettign the short end of the stick yet again.

-General_Ram-

lol, yeah Live was so popular on pc that MS had to make it free.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.Eltroz

The car is way complicated for me because it is sophisticated, I blame the car company for making me stupid for not knowing all of it's features and driving it properly.

Im outdated, I need an outdated car to drive it properly.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts
WOW, 360 really is the clear #1 this gen
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

I want to get this but honestly it's taking a back seat to Little Big Planet and Resistance 2. I have a feeling a lot of PS3 owners are feeling the same way. EmperorSupreme

Only first party games sell on the PS3 :wink:

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
It hasnt sold more than Oblivion, its sold more than Fallout 1 + 2 combined. Hardly a surprise though.
SupergumXP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SupergumXP
Member since 2003 • 189 Posts

What!?! fallout sold more than fifa!!!

somethings up... heh
also... hate to be the one to bring up digital distribution, but does this include electronic copies?

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

Didn't Oblivion sell pretty much equally on PC, and 360?

It seems like PC gamers aren't to happy about FO3.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

X360 - Great game!

II_Seraphim_II

Pretty much sums it up.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

What!?! fallout sold more than fifa!!!

somethings up... heh
also... hate to be the one to bring up digital distribution, but does this include electronic copies?

SupergumXP

How dare you bring it up, im deeply offended!

Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
This is a very misleading thread. Shame on you.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

PC version just got pirated a lot.

PS3 version is known for it's bad port. Which you can't blame Sony for considering they OFFER help to developpers. Not to mention Bethesda has developped Oblivion for the PS3.

Which leaves the 360 version obviously in the lead considering it has exclusive content and there's more 360 owners compared to a pirated version of the game or a bad port of it.

So these numbers aren't surprising. People just like to post statistics like these to bait those stupid enough to not realize the obvious.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

Lol, PC.

PC franchise fails on PC. Oh yeah, no multiplayer so most people pirate. Silly me.

Dunno, this game has great reviews, I might have to check it out.

trick91_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trick91_basic
Member since 2002 • 1184 Posts
but piracy is effecting 360 too as pc gamers have led us to believe after all the leaks of 360's biggest games?
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19604 Posts

PS3 version is known for it's bad port. Which you can't blame Sony for considering they OFFER help to developpers. Not to mention Bethesda has developped Oblivion for the PS3.

Which leaves the 360 version obviously in the lead considering it has exclusive content and there's more 360 owners compared to a pirated version of the game or a bad port of it.

So these numbers aren't surprising. People just like to post statistics like these to bait those stupid enough to not realize the obvious.

siLVURcross

Actually, the PC version is the second-highest selling game on Steam at the moment - I assume those statistics only track retail sales, so they're going to be wrong.

Oh, and the 360 version was leaked weeks before the game was released, so I guess that I am surprised that it had the best sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

but piracy is effecting 360 too as pc gamers have led us to believe after all the leaks of 360's biggest games?trick91_basic

You're forgetting. On the 360 if you pirate games and get caught. You get DA BAN HAMMERZ from Live. Considering you PAY for Live, I don't think a ban hammer would be a wise choice. (I also believe the ban hammer is IP based?)

But on the PC, it's harder to catch. Not to mention it's easier to work around things like securom and whatnot on the PC.

Avatar image for liquidsnake1987
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 liquidsnake1987
Member since 2004 • 4750 Posts
people need to realize that at the time obilvion came out, the 360 was still new on the maket and the ps3 version wasnt out yet. Now more people own both systems, fallout 3 released for every system at the same time, so of course fallout is going to outsell obivion in the first week

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

Planeforger

Actually, the PC version is the second-highest selling game on Steam at the moment - I assume those statistics only track retail sales, so they're going to be wrong.

Oh, and the 360 version was leaked weeks before the game was released, so I guess that I am surprised that it had the best sales.

Oh you can buy it on Steam? Guess I wasn't informed enough. In that case I suppose there is a strong amount of sales for the PC, shame pirating is still impending it's domination in sales though.

I'm not really aware of the amount of people that pirate games on the 360 but I'm sure it's a lot less in compared to the PC version. Not to mention Microsoft has an easier time of tracking down people who play pirated games on the 360. Which thus leads to more sales?

I'm not sure, I didn't even bother with this game.

Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts
Thats what happens when you promise exclusive dlc on one system what do you expect, also the Ps3 version has graphical problems, thats why I got it for the 360 I would of loved to buy it for the ps3 if they would learn how to code better.
pi3m4ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pi3m4ster
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts
*cough*justablurayplayer*cough* :P
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#35 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

360 - %55

PS3 - %28

PC - %17

RobWil

That is great news!

I love seeing how great the x360 is doing vs PS3!! :D

WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WillieBeamish
Member since 2008 • 1289 Posts

lusitanogamer

Yeah, missing out on the 360 version :P

WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WillieBeamish
Member since 2008 • 1289 Posts

Thats what happens when you promise exclusive dlc on one system what do you expect, also the Ps3 version has graphical problems, thats why I got it for the 360 I would of loved to buy it for the ps3 if they would learn how to code better.All_that_is_Man

Or how about Sony build a system that isn't a joke to program for?

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

Didn't Oblivion sell pretty much equally on PC, and 360?

It seems like PC gamers aren't to happy about FO3.

agentfred
It's been selling pretty well on Steam AFAIK.
Team_Microsoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 Team_Microsoft
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
Even More Proof On Why 360 Owners Are More Loyal to the 360 Brand By Buying lots of Games, Heck no wonder 3rd party Companies are Fighting Over To put there games on the 360!
AlphaGamer469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AlphaGamer469
Member since 2008 • 1881 Posts

siLVURcross

Guess Sony didn't offer too much help to the Socom devs either. Face it, the inferior gaming machine got the inferior version. Beth should have just scraped the PS3 version altogether...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

AlphaGamer469

Guess Sony didn't offer too much help to the Socom devs either. Face it, the inferior gaming machine got the inferior version. Beth should have just scraped the PS3 version altogether...

I haven't heard any bugs or bad visuals with Socom.

I can't see why you're relating to lag time with Sony's machine.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Most PC gamers that I chat with online have DL'ed this from Steam.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
[QUOTE="AlphaGamer469"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

siLVURcross

Cause they was to lazy to make a decent online system like Live, so lag/connection issues don't happen. It's all apart of the bad console, bad ports, average games, rubbish online.

All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 All_that_is_Man

[QUOTE="All_that_is_Man"]Thats what happens when you promise exclusive dlc on one system what do you expect, also the Ps3 version has graphical problems, thats why I got it for the 360 I would of loved to buy it for the ps3 if they would learn how to code better.WillieBeamish

Or how about Sony build a system that isn't a joke to program for?

So instead of going forward you want me to make things easy for you?

You could go on to pre cal where you know nothing and its harder to learn....or you could stay back and take easy algebra 2..........

move forward if a developer can't figure out how to decently code for new hardware then they have no hope

All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 All_that_is_Man
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="AlphaGamer469"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

CreepyBacon

Cause they was to lazy to make a decent online system like Live, so lag/connection issues don't happen. It's all apart of the bad console, bad ports, average games, rubbish online.

Your ignorance is showing, Live is peer to peer and lag does happen, Bad ports are on developers, The ps3 doesn't break as much as the 360 so thats a bad console....The ps3 and 360 both have average games and nothing special.....They have the same online just different features....

So stop talking out of your ass

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.Flamestos

Please what's done is done. If you're going to take on developing a PS3 game now that it's difficulties are common knowledge I expect a developer to put out a quality product or not bother at all Plus Bethesda has PS3 experience this is just a sloppy port.

Take the game as it is or don't take it at all then. Be thankful that you even got the game. Does Bethesda have experience with the PS3? Yes they do but they had 6 monthes to port the game over to PS3. They were not afforded this luxary with Fallout 3.

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Flamestos
[QUOTE="Flamestos"]

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.Blackbond

Take the game as it is or don't take it at all then. Be thankful that you even got the game. Does Bethesda have experience with the PS3? Yes they do but they had 6 monthes to port the game over to PS3. They were not afforded this luxary with Fallout 3.

That's the reason developers especially this generation of gaming get away with putting out games filled with glitches, bugs and whatever else. Bethesda chose to release the game in that condition period if they needed more time they should've taking it. If I was a PS3 only owner I would just not buy Fallout 3. Good thing I'm not.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Flamestos"]

That's the reason developers especially this generation of gaming get away with putting out games filled with glitches, bugs and whatever else. Bethesda chose to release the game in that condition period if they needed more time they should've taking it. If I was a PS3 only owner I would just not buy Fallout 3. Good thing I'm not.

So you'd be willing to wait an extended period of time after the PC/360 for a PS3 version that is equal to the PC/360 version?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="Flamestos"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Flamestos"]

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]And here they come all the cows complaining about the developer instead of the console. Maybe Sony should not have made a console where the developers have to spend far more money and man hours on then the other systems. Then again cows would never say anything against their messiah the PS3 even if it was the truth.Blackbond

So you'd be willing to wait an extended period of time after the PC/360 for a PS3 version that is equal to the PC/360 version?

Patience is a virtue. So why not? If the game only gets better with the given time then why not.