Falcom: We are developing a PS4 game ( YS creators )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (24959 posts) -

For those who dont know Falcom the creators of the YS franchise ( the company's recent release was Ys: Memories of Celceta on Vita ) and the Legend of Heroes have confirmed the company is making a major unannounced title for the PS4!

YS games have become pretty popular lately being on the PSVita, PSP, Steam and PS3 one can only wonder how big and great will their next RPG be like.

The picture below is said to probably be a teaser of the secret PS4 title : http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/19/ys-legend-heroes-makers-falcom-tease-new-mystery-project/

Good news for those who enjoy YS games or anything from Falcom in general.. will be truly exciting to see what the PS4 project will be like.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/24/falcom-prepping-playstation-4-game/

#2 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7503 posts) -

I doubt it's a Kiseki game since Sen No Kiseki's sequel is coming out on the PS3 / Vita in 2014. It's either an Ys Game (Hopefully Ys 8) or a new IP / remake of an older series.

#3 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I have never played a Ys game before. I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it. I hope it is a Ys game.

#4 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29105 posts) -

I have never played a Ys game before.

I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it.

?

#5 Edited by finalstar2007 (24959 posts) -

I have never played a Ys game before. I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it. I hope it is a Ys game.

I only played a couple of Ys games on the PS2 and PSP ( cant quite remember the names ) but the only games that left a major impact for me got to be the Legend of Heroes games on the PSP as each game was far better than the other so im seriously excited for whatever they are making.

a YS game, a Legend of Heroes or a completely new IP im sure Falcom will do a good job on it :D

#6 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I have never played a Ys game before.

I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it.

?

Believe it or not, you actually have to ask a question. You can't just put a "?" and expect anybody to know what you want to ask.

#7 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42627 posts) -

I'll make sure to avoid it then.

#8 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9512 posts) -

Who the fuck is Falcom and what is an Ys?

#9 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7503 posts) -

Who the fuck is Falcom and what is an Ys?

Falcom are an underrated JRPG developer that has been around since 1981. Ys is a great Action JRPG series that all feature the same main protagonist from game to game.

#10 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

With the sheath on the belt instead of across the back, I don't know if that is Adol. So who knows if its a Ys game. But if its a Legend of Heroes game, its not coming at all to the states.

#11 Posted by finalstar2007 (24959 posts) -

With the sheath on the belt instead of across the back, I don't know if that is Adol. So who knows if its a Ys game. But if its a Legend of Heroes game, its not coming at all to the states.

Too early to lose hope just yet and remember we've had many LoH games localized.

#12 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26353 posts) -

it would be awesome to play a ys ps4 game.plus if its ys its chances of coming over are doubled.

#13 Edited by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@bbkkristian said:

Too early to lose hope just yet and remember we've had many LoH games localized.

...yeah. Do i need to remind you that the US is only on the fifth game in the series, while Japan is on its eleventh game? The only way we're getting it, is if XSEED finds a smaller team to translate it (like they did with Trails in the Sky SC). These games are just too long, have an niche audience, and have too much dialog for publishers to make profit compared to the work they put in it. Hence why only two people are translating the second chapter for Trails in the Sky.

I really want Trails in the Flash, but either its not coming, or its coming five or six years from now. So, forget it. Not hyped for this, unless its Ys.

#14 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7503 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@bbkkristian said:

...yeah. Do i need to remind you that the US is only on the fifth game in the series, while Japan is on its eleventh game? The only way we're getting it, is if XSEED finds a smaller team to translate it (like they did with Trails in the Sky SC). These games are just too long, have an niche audience, and have too much dialog for publishers to make profit compared to the work they put in it. Hence why only two people are translating the second chapter for Trails in the Sky.

I really want Trails in the Flash, but either its not coming, or its coming five or six years from now. So, forget it. Not hyped for this, unless its Ys.

You mean 12 years with the way Xseed (Or whatever people they get) translates lol. They have to get through 3rd Chapter, Zero & Ao first before Sen.

#15 Edited by stuff238 (617 posts) -

I always wanted to play that legend of heroes game on PSP. Then I forgot about it until this thread......damn. :(

#16 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13427 posts) -

Super hyped.

I love falcom. I'll import if I have to, amazing.

#17 Edited by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: It's a JRPG and you are a dude bro gamer with a major bias against all things sony, of course you would avoid it. Do you even own a PS4? Anyone interested in JRPGs would be interested in this, so this thread wasn't made for your and no one cares about your opinion here.

#18 Posted by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -

Ok now it's been decided. PS4. I hope Sega tries valkyria chronicles again and keep it on consoles this time around.