Falcom: We are developing a PS4 game ( YS creators )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

For those who dont know Falcom the creators of the YS franchise ( the company's recent release was Ys: Memories of Celceta on Vita ) and the Legend of Heroes have confirmed the company is making a major unannounced title for the PS4!

YS games have become pretty popular lately being on the PSVita, PSP, Steam and PS3 one can only wonder how big and great will their next RPG be like.

The picture below is said to probably be a teaser of the secret PS4 title : http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/19/ys-legend-heroes-makers-falcom-tease-new-mystery-project/

Good news for those who enjoy YS games or anything from Falcom in general.. will be truly exciting to see what the PS4 project will be like.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/24/falcom-prepping-playstation-4-game/

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

I doubt it's a Kiseki game since Sen No Kiseki's sequel is coming out on the PS3 / Vita in 2014. It's either an Ys Game (Hopefully Ys 8) or a new IP / remake of an older series.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I have never played a Ys game before. I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it. I hope it is a Ys game.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I have never played a Ys game before.

I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it.

?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By finalstar2007

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I have never played a Ys game before. I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it. I hope it is a Ys game.

I only played a couple of Ys games on the PS2 and PSP ( cant quite remember the names ) but the only games that left a major impact for me got to be the Legend of Heroes games on the PSP as each game was far better than the other so im seriously excited for whatever they are making.

a YS game, a Legend of Heroes or a completely new IP im sure Falcom will do a good job on it :D

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I have never played a Ys game before.

I am 3 hours into Ys Origin and loving it.

?

Believe it or not, you actually have to ask a question. You can't just put a "?" and expect anybody to know what you want to ask.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#7 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I'll make sure to avoid it then.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Who the **** is Falcom and what is an Ys?

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FlamesOfGrey

@Nengo_Flow said:

Who the **** is Falcom and what is an Ys?

Falcom are an underrated JRPG developer that has been around since 1981. Ys is a great Action JRPG series that all feature the same main protagonist from game to game.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#10 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

With the sheath on the belt instead of across the back, I don't know if that is Adol. So who knows if its a Ys game. But if its a Legend of Heroes game, its not coming at all to the states.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 finalstar2007

@bbkkristian said:

With the sheath on the belt instead of across the back, I don't know if that is Adol. So who knows if its a Ys game. But if its a Legend of Heroes game, its not coming at all to the states.

Too early to lose hope just yet and remember we've had many LoH games localized.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

it would be awesome to play a ys ps4 game.plus if its ys its chances of coming over are doubled.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@bbkkristian said:

Too early to lose hope just yet and remember we've had many LoH games localized.

...yeah. Do i need to remind you that the US is only on the fifth game in the series, while Japan is on its eleventh game? The only way we're getting it, is if XSEED finds a smaller team to translate it (like they did with Trails in the Sky SC). These games are just too long, have an niche audience, and have too much dialog for publishers to make profit compared to the work they put in it. Hence why only two people are translating the second chapter for Trails in the Sky.

I really want Trails in the Flash, but either its not coming, or its coming five or six years from now. So, forget it. Not hyped for this, unless its Ys.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FlamesOfGrey

@bbkkristian said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@bbkkristian said:

...yeah. Do i need to remind you that the US is only on the fifth game in the series, while Japan is on its eleventh game? The only way we're getting it, is if XSEED finds a smaller team to translate it (like they did with Trails in the Sky SC). These games are just too long, have an niche audience, and have too much dialog for publishers to make profit compared to the work they put in it. Hence why only two people are translating the second chapter for Trails in the Sky.

I really want Trails in the Flash, but either its not coming, or its coming five or six years from now. So, forget it. Not hyped for this, unless its Ys.

You mean 12 years with the way Xseed (Or whatever people they get) translates lol. They have to get through 3rd Chapter, Zero & Ao first before Sen.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I always wanted to play that legend of heroes game on PSP. Then I forgot about it until this thread......damn. :(

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Super hyped.

I love falcom. I'll import if I have to, amazing.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: It's a JRPG and you are a dude bro gamer with a major bias against all things sony, of course you would avoid it. Do you even own a PS4? Anyone interested in JRPGs would be interested in this, so this thread wasn't made for your and no one cares about your opinion here.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Ok now it's been decided. PS4. I hope Sega tries valkyria chronicles again and keep it on consoles this time around.