Face-Off: Gears of War vs Uncharted

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Insane-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Insane-Gamer
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

""There is no denying that Gears of War and Uncharted have been star AAA new IPs for both Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively. Both titles have created the greatest buzz and have been system sellers. Now we here thought to put these games face to face and see which one is the ultimate King of the Kings."

Linked

Insane-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Insane-Gamer

no surprises there i guess

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

I like them both; Gears is a "balls-to-the-wall" shooter, while uncharted 2 is more "Indiana Jones".

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

I don't know which is lamer: the PS3 fanboys commenting on N4G or the "comparison"

icygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 icygangsta
Member since 2006 • 2897 Posts

I don't know which is lamer: the PS3 fanboys commenting on N4G or the "comparison"

Alpha-Male22

+1

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChrisJ2004
Member since 2003 • 2818 Posts

They're really too different compare but I agree that Uncharted 2 has the better overall quality. That's undeniable. I still like it about as much as Gears Of War 2 but I love the TPS gameplay.

This like comparing Super Mario Galaxy and Metriod Prime. ZOMG!! WHICH IS BETTER!!! WE NEED A CLEAR WINNER!!!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Hmmm both excellent. That's my input :P

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts
Gears of War has declined in quality since its inception. Uncharted has gotten significantly better.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
They're both pretty good. Gears of War got worse with 2, but Uncharted got WAY better with 2.
Avatar image for chunkymonkey313
chunkymonkey313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chunkymonkey313
Member since 2009 • 329 Posts
i really think that gears is the better one. the cover system seems more natural
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

Gears1=U2, uncharted=Gears2

thats wow I see it

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
personally, i prefer both uncharted games over both gears.
VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 VeryGnawty
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts

Uncharted definetly wins

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Which one has higher on all the average websites like metacritic and gamerankings? There is your answer.

Insane-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Insane-Gamer

Which one has higher on all the average websites like metacritic and gamerankings? There is your answer.

RadecSupreme
good point! ;)
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 siddhu33

RadecSupreme

Which one do you prefer overall, based on things like, fun, and graphics? There is your answer.

quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts
i think the first gears was quite better than the first uncharted, however i think uncharted 2 kicks gears 2's ***. overall uncharted is the better franchise i think
ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChrisJ2004

Uncharted definetly wins

VeryGnawty

Just so everyone's up to speed: I've already proven through questioning in another thread that this poster has not played Gears Of War 2.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

well the online in uncharted 2 automatically wins because it actually runs well

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
That comparison was lame. I'll say this... Gears 1 > Uncharted Drakes Fortune. Uncharted 2 > Gears of War 2 Basically, in my opinion.. Uncharted 2 > Gears 1 > Gears of War 2 > Uncharted.
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 siddhu33

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

Uncharted definetly wins

ChrisJ2004

Just so everyone's up to speed: I've already proven through questioning in another thread that this poster has not played Gears Of War 2.

True; The artery question that decided all, right?

G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
i like gears of war more, its way more fun.
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
There is no comparison here...Uncharted all the way.
ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ChrisJ2004

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

Uncharted definetly wins

siddhu33

That and his review which consisted of "all you do is duck in the game" and "no one plays the online". In Gears Of War 2, only about 1/3 of the time is actually the same type of gameplay in the original, For the rest of it, you're doing different gameplay elements.

Also, I've given him the chance to give his own details on the game to prove he played it but all he does id dodge. I could EASILY prove that I've played KZ2 or UC2. But, somehow, he can't do that and can't even answer a simple question that anyone whose played the game would know.

VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VeryGnawty

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

ChrisJ2004

That and his review which consisted of "all you do is duck in the game" and "no one plays the online". In Gears Of War 2, only about 1/3 of the time is actually the same type of gameplay in the original, For the rest of it, you're doing different gameplay elements.

Also, I've given him the chance to give his own details on the game to prove he played it but all he does id dodge. I could EASILY prove that I've played KZ2 or UC2. But, somehow, he can't do that and can't even answer a simple question that anyone whose played the game would know.

No, i'm pretty sure it's the same ducking and shooting throughout the game, i HAVE played it.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

Insane-Gamer

good point! ;)

GameRankings

Uncharted's average series score= 92.98

Gears of War's average series score= 93.55

Well then.

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChrisJ2004

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

VeryGnawty

No, i'm pretty sure it's the same ducking and shooting throughout the game, i HAVE played it.

No. The gameplay switches up many times. Much of that time is spent with you not even having a chance to duck. Besides, if it were, that's something you can see from videos. You've proven that you know very little about Gears of War 2 at best, even if you had played it.

I'd rather not bring this into this topic. Until you've answered in the other topic and proven to me that you've played the game (which you're still dodging) then, to me, I've proven you a liar.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

[QUOTE="Insane-Gamer"][QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

-Oath

good point! ;)

GameRankings

Well then.

LOL....Seriously? For someone to say GoW is better that Uncharted is a MS fanboy. I own both and you can serious tell me GoW compared to Uncharted? No not even close. GoW is a good game but when compared to Uncharted it is blown out of the water.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50596 Posts

I thought Gears 2 SP was a lot better than 1, I thought 1 was pretty boring. But I like Uncharted 1 more than both Gears and I haven't played 2 yet.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="Insane-Gamer"] good point! ;)hkymike

GameRankings

Well then.

LOL....Seriously? For someone to say GoW is better that Uncharted is a MS fanboy. I own both and you can serious tell me GoW compared to Uncharted? No not even close. GoW is a good game but when compared to Uncharted it is blown out of the water.

Like you prefer Uncharted, some could prefer GeOW.

It's hardly "blown out of the water".

VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VeryGnawty

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

ChrisJ2004

No. The gameplay switches up many times. Much of that time is spent with you not even having a chance to duck. Besides, if it were, that's something you can see from videos. You've proven that you know very little about Gears of War 2 at best, even if you had played it.

I'd rather not bring this into this topic. Until you've answered in the other topic and proven to me that you've played the game (which you're still dodging) then, to me, I've proven you a liar.

you're starting to bore me, xbot. Your only way of defending the game is saying that I haven't played it, when in fact I gave it an in depth review.

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChrisJ2004

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

VeryGnawty

you're starting to bore me, xbot. Your only way of defending the game is saying that I haven't played it, when in fact I gave it an in depth review.

I've already told you like I prefer Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 to Gears Of War 2 as well as me believing that the Xbox 360 is the better console starting 2009. How could I be an Xbot? Unlike you, I can back up my statements. I can give you detailed explanations of both of these games which not only proves I have a PS3 but also proves I've played them. You can't even answer a few simple questions that anyone who had played the game could.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

ChrisJ2004

In Gears Of War 2, only about 1/3 of the time is actually the same type of gameplay in the original, For the rest of it, you're doing different gameplay elements.

But for some people like myself, the other elements ruined the game. Most, if not all the other elements involved vehicles of some sort, and I thought they were poorly done and pretty boring. I wish they added something different from the vehicles.

And I'd say the cover gameplay is about 2/3 of the game. It honestly got old after a bit.

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChrisJ2004

Also, an in-depth review? All you did was say that the game sucks, that no one should play it, and that you can't even play the online because no one plays it anymore. Anyone can read your review and see what I say is true. Hell, you rated the game a "1.0" and clearly it doesn't. In order to get a 1.0, it would have to be the worst game of all time. Only a fanboy could think that about a game that has sold so well, is so well respected, and highly reviewed.

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChrisJ2004

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

Chutebox

In Gears Of War 2, only about 1/3 of the time is actually the same type of gameplay in the original, For the rest of it, you're doing different gameplay elements.

But for some people like myself, the other elements ruined the game. Most, if not all the other elements involved vehicles of some sort, and I thought they were poorly done and pretty boring. I wish they added something different from the vehicles.

That's fine. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that clearly VeryGnawty knows very little about the game.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Gears of War>Uncharted 2>Uncharted>Gears of War 2

not sure who Id have win, I guess uncharted since Uncharted 2 I like almost as much as gears, and like them al way more then Gears 2

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

ChrisJ2004

That's fine. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that clearly VeryGnawty knows very little about the game.

Gotcha.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts

Gears > Uncharted

Gears 2 < Uncharted 2

VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VeryGnawty

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

ChrisJ2004

I've already told you like I prefer Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 to Gears Of War 2 as well as me believing that the Xbox 360 is the better console starting 2009. How could I be an Xbot? Unlike you, I can back up my statements. I can give you detailed explanations of both of these games which not only proves I have a PS3 but also proves I've played them. You can't even answer a few simple questions that anyone who had played the game could.

I haven't played all the way through the campaign, it's so godawful, but i've played online and it just lags 24/7, not to mention all that is is hiding behind cover and shooting

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

They're both good. All that needs to be said.

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChrisJ2004

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

VeryGnawty

I haven't played all the way through the campaign, it's so godawful, but i've played online and it just lags 24/7, not to mention all that is is hiding behind cover and shooting

Case and point. You're a liar.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#42 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

They're both pretty good. Gears of War got worse with 2, but Uncharted got WAY better with 2.aaronmullan

I agree that the jump in quality was far bigger in Uncharted series but i dont get why ppl say Gears1 was better than the second one. Gears2 improved in every single way, especially in graphics and gameplay.

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

Both great games. Gears 1 beat the crap out of unchated one, however Uncharted 2 is a little better than Gears 2 (yes opinions what else to say...). However, it would suck not being able to play either games... since 2009, a ps3 became a must have just like the 360.

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChrisJ2004

Apparently, they preferred the pure gameplay of the original's cover gameplay.

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

VeryGnawty

That review was great for a laugh. I own both and liked playing Gears more, although I thought that Uncharted had better visuals. You must be the biggest Sony fanyboy on System Wars. I really look forward to reading your posts, because you're always good for a laugh.

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

ChrisJ2004

Case and point. You're a liar.

He is the biggest fanboy on System Wars, but always good for a laugh!

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]They're both pretty good. Gears of War got worse with 2, but Uncharted got WAY better with 2.PAL360

I agree that the jump in quality was far bigger in Uncharted series but i dont get why ppl say Gears1 was better than the second one. Gears2 improved in every single way, especially in graphics and gameplay.

I thought Gears 1 was better than Gears 2. I didnt like the art direction they took, and the vehicle sessions were lame... And online, well, I loved the first one's much more. Gears 2 was a good game, but Gears 1 was much better I think. I kinda feel like Epic just tried to hard with Gears 2.
VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VeryGnawty

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]

RickLemieux

That review was great for a laugh. I own both and liked playing Gears more, although I thought that Uncharted had better visuals. You must be the biggest Sony fanyboy on System Wars. I really look forward to reading your posts, because you're always good for a laugh.

fanboy? no, i'm just an experienced gamer, and any true gamer knows gears of war 2 is at least very overrated, if not absolute garbage

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="RickLemieux"]

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

VeryGnawty

fanboy? no, i'm just an experienced gamer, and any true gamer knows gears of war 2 is at least very overrated, if not absolute garbage

I've been gaming most of my life, and I can tell you --- what the? It's an excellent game.

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChrisJ2004

[QUOTE="RickLemieux"]

[QUOTE="VeryGnawty"]

VeryGnawty

Right, so you're more hardcore (and thus your opinion means more) than thousands of GameSpot users, hundreds of reviewers of this game which gave it AAA, and the general popoulation.

Nah, I'd say you're more likely just a fanboy :D