Fable II or LittleBigPlanet

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Fable 2.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
Fable 2 looks better.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Fable 2 looks boring and will be just like the first one.

Little Big Planet looks original, creative, fun and will be much more replayable.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

Fable 2.

ReverseCycology

I love it when you say that LBP will be your favourite game of the year and will be AAAA in your heart and you describe it as bringing back the light in your darkness, and here you choose Fable 2?

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Little Big Planet.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10647 Posts
I'm shocked to see so many people saying that fable 2 will stomp LBP. Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths after not living up to the promises that the producer said that was going to be in the game, but the hype level alone for LBP totally crushes fable 2's hype level. Fable 2 does sound like it's not going in the same footsteps as it's predecessor and have a really good potentiality of being a great game, but the chances of this game outselling LBP is slim (heck, i would even go as far as saying VERY slim), especially since the beta of LBP took extremely well to the few who played it and left outstanding remarks
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

I'm shocked to see so many people saying that fable 2 will stomp LBP. Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths after not living up to the promises that the producer said that was going to be in the game, but the hype level alone for LBP totally crushes fable 2's hype level. Fable 2 does sound like it's not going in the same footsteps as it's predecessor and have a really good potentiality of being a great game, but the chances of this game outselling LBP is slim (heck, i would even go as far as saying VERY slim), especially since the beta of LBP took extremely well to the few who played it and left outstanding remarksermacness
Yeah I mean I certainly hope that IGN doesn't think Fable 2 leaves as bad a taste in their mouth as the first Fable. :roll:

10 Presentation
A true storybook game, the fresco-painting cut-scenes are a perfect idea and the controls are very intuitive. Albion is a very dense world that has a rich history.

9.0 Graphics
Beautiful environments and great details on your character. The bloom lighting is a nice touch of the fantastic and the magic looks great. Occasional framerate drops and repetitive NPC skins hurt.

9.0 Sound
Beautiful opening score from Danny Elfman and plenty of great voice dialogue. Some of the sounds get repetitive and I wish a few of the creatures sounded a bit more varied.

9.0 Gameplay
It's lost a lot of what would have made it revolutionary, but the combat is good and the game is still a lot of fun. Some of those NPC reactions are priceless. Great humor.

10 Lasting Appeal
Sure, the main adventure is short for an RPG, but there's reason enough to play again. Plus, the world is dense with secrets and fun stuff. It's great to just fool around for a while.

Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Anywho, Banjo N&B > LBP by a mile. :P

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

[QUOTE="ermacness"]I'm shocked to see so many people saying that fable 2 will stomp LBP. Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths after not living up to the promises that the producer said that was going to be in the game, but the hype level alone for LBP totally crushes fable 2's hype level. Fable 2 does sound like it's not going in the same footsteps as it's predecessor and have a really good potentiality of being a great game, but the chances of this game outselling LBP is slim (heck, i would even go as far as saying VERY slim), especially since the beta of LBP took extremely well to the few who played it and left outstanding remarksSecretPolice

Yeah I mean I certainly hope that IGN doesn't think Fable 2 leaves as bad a taste in their mouth as the first Fable. :roll:

10 Presentation
A true storybook game, the fresco-painting cut-scenes are a perfect idea and the controls are very intuitive. Albion is a very dense world that has a rich history.

9.0 Graphics
Beautiful environments and great details on your character. The bloom lighting is a nice touch of the fantastic and the magic looks great. Occasional framerate drops and repetitive NPC skins hurt.

9.0 Sound
Beautiful opening score from Danny Elfman and plenty of great voice dialogue. Some of the sounds get repetitive and I wish a few of the creatures sounded a bit more varied.

9.0 Gameplay
It's lost a lot of what would have made it revolutionary, but the combat is good and the game is still a lot of fun. Some of those NPC reactions are priceless. Great humor.

10 Lasting Appeal
Sure, the main adventure is short for an RPG, but there's reason enough to play again. Plus, the world is dense with secrets and fun stuff. It's great to just fool around for a while.

Outstanding OVERALL

Go by reviews if you want, but the original Fable was overhyped and overrated. Anyone who played it back then and is honest will tell you it was all hype. Between myself and my 3 friends that owned it not a single one of us finished the game. I won't say it was bad, but it was like all Molyneuxs other titles and I've bought them all. He over hypes over promises. Fable2 might be different but I've been saying that for the last 10 years with Molyneux. He's a salesman thats for sure.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sam280992

[QUOTE="ermacness"]I'm shocked to see so many people saying that fable 2 will stomp LBP. Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths after not living up to the promises that the producer said that was going to be in the game, but the hype level alone for LBP totally crushes fable 2's hype level. Fable 2 does sound like it's not going in the same footsteps as it's predecessor and have a really good potentiality of being a great game, but the chances of this game outselling LBP is slim (heck, i would even go as far as saying VERY slim), especially since the beta of LBP took extremely well to the few who played it and left outstanding remarksSecretPolice

10 Presentation

9.0 Graphics

9.0 Sound

9.0 Gameplay

10 Lasting Appeal

Outstanding OVERALL

Yeah, of course you wouldn't bring up the Gamespot review...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]I'm shocked to see so many people saying that fable 2 will stomp LBP. Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths after not living up to the promises that the producer said that was going to be in the game, but the hype level alone for LBP totally crushes fable 2's hype level. Fable 2 does sound like it's not going in the same footsteps as it's predecessor and have a really good potentiality of being a great game, but the chances of this game outselling LBP is slim (heck, i would even go as far as saying VERY slim), especially since the beta of LBP took extremely well to the few who played it and left outstanding remarkssam280992

10 Presentation

9.0 Graphics

9.0 Sound

9.0 Gameplay

10 Lasting Appeal

Outstanding OVERALL

Yeah, of course you wouldn't bring up the Gamespot review...

Of course I wouldn't, I mean they thought it sucked. You & I won't hit a dog in the ass with a measly 8.6 let alone buy the game and enjoy it. :P

Umm, do all those 8.6 & under scores for PS3 tiles just stink or what ? :o

leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 leonjuretic
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
i have to say that if you plan on buying something now it should be the ps3( even though id still get xbox 360 over it just because i prefer its controller and some exclusives i can't let pass me by:))
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
me think fable 2 is vely good game yar.
Ultra-Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 Ultra-Fatality
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts

Fable II will revolutionize gaming as we know it.Koalakommander

:lol: You have been oficially quoted!

Oh and to answer your question TC, Fable 2 is Fable 1.5, even the graphics are not much better. It brings nothing new. If you want a good RPG wait for Final fantasy XIII which will be better on the PS3.

LBP doesnt look too great, personally I will not be buying it but atleast its something new, social and fun (for many people).

I would say get the PS3 for LBP if it looks good to you.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sam280992

Of course I wouldn't, I mean they thought it sucked. You & I won't hit a dog in the ass with a measly 8.6 let alone buy the game and enjoy it. :P

Umm, do all those 8.6 & under scores for PS3 tiles just stink or what ? :o

SecretPolice

Never said it sucked did I? I was just implying it doesn't look as impessive as the IGN review, hence the reason you used the IGN review.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ermacness

10 Presentation

9.0 Graphics

9.0 Sound

9.0 Gameplay

10 Lasting Appeal

Outstanding OVERALL

i thought that this was fable 2 vs LBP??!?!?! i hope that banjo do outsell LB, you know, with it being 20 bucks less and all

p.s. that should tell you something about the confidence that rare have with this game with the competition if thay have to sell this game at a 40 buck bargain

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Both. :D
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]I'm shocked to see so many people saying that fable 2 will stomp LBP. Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths after not living up to the promises that the producer said that was going to be in the game, but the hype level alone for LBP totally crushes fable 2's hype level. Fable 2 does sound like it's not going in the same footsteps as it's predecessor and have a really good potentiality of being a great game, but the chances of this game outselling LBP is slim (heck, i would even go as far as saying VERY slim), especially since the beta of LBP took extremely well to the few who played it and left outstanding remarksermacness

10 Presentation

9.0 Graphics

9.0 Sound

9.0 Gameplay

10 Lasting Appeal

Outstanding OVERALL

Anywho, Banjo N&B> LBP by a mile. :P

i thought that this was fable 2 vs LBP??!?!?! i hope that banjo do outsell LB, you know, with it being 20 bucks less and all

p.s. that should tell you something about the confidence that rare have with this game with the competition if thay have to sell this game at a 40 buck bargain

Yup, no Fable 1 mentioned until you said this:

"Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths"

Which is why it went down the way it did. :evil:

I mean Fable was a great game and it isn't as though I am saying how great KZ2 will be even though KZ really did flop like a fish outta water. :P

aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts
I'm going with Fable 2. I really enjoyed the first and LBP has never appealed to me. I have fond memories of side-scrollers, but this one does nothing for me. Nothing I have seen from it looks all that fun. It's all opinion though.
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sam280992

"Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths"

I mean Fable was a great game and it isn't as though I am saying how great KZ2 will be even though KZ really did flop like a fish outta water. :P

SecretPolice

Well the 1st Fable is relevant to what we are talking about, Banjo on the other hand isn't.

And nobody even mentioned Killzone at all... Until you did.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

10 Presentation

9.0 Graphics

9.0 Sound

9.0 Gameplay

10 Lasting Appeal

Outstanding OVERALL

Anywho, Banjo N&B> LBP by a mile. :P

but it was "ON TOPIC". How in the world is Banjo on topic with any part of this thread genius?
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Fable 2.

sam280992

I love it when you say that LBP will be your favourite game of the year and will be AAAA in your heart and you describe it as bringing back the light in your darkness, and here you choose Fable 2?

False. Never said that LBP will be my favorite game of the year, all I said was that my sweet personal hype for LBP is AAAA. I mean look at MGS4 it got an AAAAE but I've moved on and forgotten about that game already. Just because my hype for LBP is AAAA, doesn't mean it'll be my favorite game.

ozmatic77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ozmatic77
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
hmm... 10,000 leaves vs. infinate creativity....tough one lol but in all seriousness im looking forward to both
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

I'd take Little Big Planet by a hair.

LBP is losing my interest much faster than expected. But it has replay value that should last a long time. Fable 2 may be the more powerful game, however. We'll see.

aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts

LBP is losing my interest much faster than expected. But it has replay value that should last a long time. Fable 2 may be the more powerful game, however. We'll see.

Dreams-Visions

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you are in the beta. If that is correct, what is it that you are losing interest in exactly? What I mean is, is it the creation of the levels or actually playing them?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

sam280992

Well the 1st Fable is relevant to what we are talking about, Banjo on the other hand isn't.

And nobody even mentioned Killzone at all... Until you did.

Look, I'm just trying to save some cow face here. You should not be comparing Fable 2 to LBP - the better comparison based on genre is Banjo N&B > LBP.

Anywho, had you read in context it was a poster blaming me for bringing up Fable 1 when in truth, it was the very poster that was blaming me who in fact brought Fable 1 up in this thread which in turn I had no problem with and posted glowing reviews from IGN & GS.

I mean, you remeber the part where you said to me ?:

"Yeah, of course you wouldn't bring up the Gamespot review..."

Then I quoted the 8.6 GS score.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
Both but I'll buy LBP first and Fable 2 later in the year
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Dreams-Visions

This has always been my worry with LBP, I've said it all along. I've a feeling it will be AA.

I didn't like Fable (although i completed it twice :roll: ) but I think it will score AAA

Having said that i'd still prefer LBP if I had both consoles.

XaeroGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 XaeroGravity
Member since 2008 • 254 Posts

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]Fable II will revolutionize gaming as we know it.Ultra-Fatality

:lol: You have been oficially quoted!

Oh and to answer your question TC, Fable 2 is Fable 1.5, even the graphics are not much better. It brings nothing new. If you want a good RPG wait for Final fantasy XIII which will be better on the PS3.

LBP doesnt look too great, personally I will not be buying it but atleast its something new, social and fun (for many people).

I would say get the PS3 for LBP if it looks good to you.

If you honestly think Fable II brings NOTHING to the table, then you really need to do some more research kiddo. :roll:
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
Oh and to answer your question TC, Fable 2 is Fable 1.5, even the graphics are not much better. It brings nothing new. If you want a good RPG wait for Final fantasy XIII which will be better on the PS3.Ultra-Fatality

Avatar image for Disturbed_One98
Disturbed_One98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Disturbed_One98
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts
I have a feeling I'll like Fable II better.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
I don't know why people are responding with Fallout 3, even if you may think it's better it has nothing to do with the TC topic. Anyway I will simply say Fable II because I am looking forward to a Role Playing game during this time, so it really doesn't have anything to do with what game is better just my preference at this moment,
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
LITTLE big PLANET!!! Bungie cant make god rpgs so fablop 2 will suckPlayStationBaby
there not even in this
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]I'm shocked to see so many people saying that fable 2 will stomp LBP. Do yall realize that not only did the 1st fable left somewhat of a bad taste is some people mouths after not living up to the promises that the producer said that was going to be in the game, but the hype level alone for LBP totally crushes fable 2's hype level. Fable 2 does sound like it's not going in the same footsteps as it's predecessor and have a really good potentiality of being a great game, but the chances of this game outselling LBP is slim (heck, i would even go as far as saying VERY slim), especially since the beta of LBP took extremely well to the few who played it and left outstanding remarksEmperorSupreme

10 Presentation

9.0 Graphics

9.0 Sound

9.0 Gameplay

10 Lasting Appeal

Outstanding OVERALL

Go by reviews if you want, but the original Fable was overhyped and overrated. Anyone who played it back then and is honest will tell you it was all hype. Between myself and my 3 friends that owned it not a single one of us finished the game. I won't say it was bad, but it was like all Molyneuxs other titles and I've bought them all. He over hypes over promises. Fable2 might be different but I've been saying that for the last 10 years with Molyneux. He's a salesman thats for sure.

funny, Fable was my favorite game last Gen.

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#85 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
Both look great. I'll definitely get Fable 2 for my 360, and if I had a PS3 (or if I get one in the future), I'd definitely get that as well. If I had to choose one of them I'd rather get (not taking into consideration my lack of PS3), it would be LBP because that's the best looking game this year IMO.